2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ford apparently squashed Kzinti...

Search this Thread

Old 5/30/06, 10:24 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 67 Likes on 32 Posts
got a temporary new sig...go there fornames/addresses to send mail to. will post emails in a couple days.
Old 5/31/06, 03:01 PM
legacy Tms Member

well, anybody mailing?
Old 5/31/06, 04:59 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kzinti helped me get an x-plan pin. I wouldn't have bought the car otherwise. He will be sorely missed. He made the car buying experience a pleasure instead of a nightmare.
Old 5/31/06, 10:03 PM
GT Member

My advice to Ford would be to Thank Kzinti & also set it up so that potential customers could actually see which of the lying dealers actually have allocation to sell the cars before they order one!
My dealer took my trade in & cash deposit & then told me 5 months later that they didn't have any allocation to order me one!
Old 5/31/06, 11:30 PM
legacy Tms Member

my letter(1 of...)

FYI, heres a copy of my letter(not pretty, but I'm no writer)...man I had a helluva day- worst sinus headache Ive had in years, sneezing my head off all day, 90 friggin degrees, maintenance calling every 5 minutes about some other machine acting up(mostly heat related), try to get home early as parents are coming in from Colorado, get home one of the kids I assume cracked tank on upstairs toilet, running to stores before closing, looking for stuff to replace it & repaint ceiling below get home half hour before parents show up...still sneezing my head off, yet up at 1:20 am typing a freakin letter up...come on guys, If I can find some time, surely some of you can too...
Ill get one to Mr Giombetti tomorrow, need to mow my and neighbors lawn...thats a blast with hayfever acting up...please write something up- one voice wont go far.

also printed out some thread comments to send along with it...

DARRYL B. HAZEL
Senior Vice President, Ford Motor Company; President, Ford Customer Service Division
16800 Executive Plaza Drive
Dearborn MI 48126

Mr. Hazel,

Sorry to take this to you directly again, but in these days of 'BoldMoves' from Ford, why cant customers do the same...
I'm writing to ask you to take a quick look at some stuff thats been going on the past couple years, and was a HUGE hit
customer relations wise...you guys probably know about the Ford employee that was tired of hearing people complain about
ordering/delivery issues, so took it upon himself to help a few out, that few tured into a couple thousand very happy buyers- a lot of which just may have cancelled/walked away had it been otherwise, and surely would NOT have been the least bit happy even if they did stick it out without factory support.
Congratulations to everyone at ford on the huge success of the Mustang- its in my opinion the most 'bang for the buck' Ford has ever created, and thus a dreamcar everyday folks like me can actually afford, and I cannot say thanks enough. However, due to this whopping success, getting the car was more than a little 'trying' on buyers patience, and downright cruel to many. The guy at Kansas City Assembly calling himself Kzinti (and a half dozen other ford folks that saw how appreciative customers were) started using their free time to look up floor level info and pass it on to buyers- and we ate it up...heres a typical posting:
<<< CHP2150 - System says your railcar arrived in Moberly Missouri this afternoon about 12:40!
ETTX710292
Curley - Plant said that your pony shipped out 5/11!
1ZVHT82H065234515
tanda_us - Looks like you've got Blend! Here is your window sticker!
1FAFP90S86Y401369
[attachmentid=2128]
Receipt Date: 3/6/2006
Serialize Date: 4/18/2006
Segment Date: 5/3/2006
Sequence Date: 5/5/2006
Blend Date: 5/11/2006
Produced Date:
Gate Release Date:
Ship Date:
Arrival Date:
Sold Date:

Blitz - As of this afternoon, there has been no word regarding production holds and delays. Hope to hear something next
week, will pass it along as soon as I hear.
1ZVHT82H375196005
Receipt Date: 3/20/2006
Serialize Date: 4/13/2006
Segment Date: 4/28/2006
Sequence Date:
Blend Date:
Produced Date:
Gate Release Date:
Ship Date:
Arrival Date:
Sold Date:>>>
to us buyers, this made the wait actually more exciting than just getting the car- it built that connection, like going with
child birth classes with the wife- its gonna happen wether we were there or not, but being involved just added another dimension. Everyone that used his service felt this was the best thing to ever happen to a new car buyer- a friend at the factory, free for the asking(and placing a actual order- no tire kickers in the forum, just legitimate ford customers, most paying sticker price or higher...and still actually happy and excited about it!).
there is a poll over at www.blueovalforums.com , at the top of the 'to ford management' thread... PLEASE sir, take a moment to see how much this meant to us Ford Fanatics, and look thru the 'ford employee tracking' thread at all the 'build buddies', the rapport with Kzinti...it was like a 'ford buyers car club', and we all won with it- you get happier customers, we got even MORE excited about our cars being built...win/win for everyone- well except for Kzinti and crew: a couple weeks ago a sudden end came about, with no explanation, but a disgruntled co-worker kept mentioning 'ford didnt hire him to do customer service', so 'rumor logic' leads us to believe union/plant came down on him hard, and that was it. Well thats not it- with all due respect to fords customer service, compared to the info we were getting they did not have a clue. Kzinti was good for ford. his union 'buddy' said he was an electrician, so I'm sure hes REALLY helping ford now in his idle time, just like his buddies: solitaire anyone- oh that will help the north american market share...if these guys are willing to help, please just officially give them the green light- and look to them for ways to really get BOLD with customer service- this is the way of the future.

As a 'ford guy' (currently own five fords- 65 galaxie,69 mustang fastback,89 Mark VII, 98 windstar, 06 mustang gt, have had many others over the past 25 years) but I know these cars wont last forever- or even more likely with current evolution, might just WANT another Ford more than needing one...I really dont want to order a car and wait God knows how long in the dark, till dealer calls to say come and get it. Kzintis help made this mustang a part of the family, the wife and kids were reading along too- actually became 'more than a car', while maybe not a good mental perspective, its a helluva marketing tool for Ford to be able to 'hook up' with customers that will look forward to ordering again.
Please sir check into the great customer appreciation(sadly the poor CRC comments too) attached and how this concept could be a bold new tool for Ford. I hope to live long enough to buy another Ford or two down the road, and if Kzinti's there I sure wont even give the competition a look. If the bowtie crew gets something like this going first, will Ford have to play catch up on a original Ford concept? I really feel strongly Ford needs to hire a new electrician, and bring Kzinti officially into a whole new type of customer service program- one everyone likes.
thank you for any consideration on this issue,
and thanks again for my mustang!
Tim
Old 6/1/06, 02:42 PM
legacy Tms Member

Come on guys- one fella already got a couple replies...sounds promising from one VP, word from another was Kzinti was not disciplined...we'll see if he'll post his replies in here
Old 6/2/06, 09:07 PM
V6 Member

Hey Ford4v429, I will be sending an email as well as making a call on Monday. Count me in, and I will keep you informed of my reply. If it wasn't for this site and a nice person to help me out when I had problems with my Stang....I think I would have been in a buyback at this point. And now I am a happy owner and am looking for another Stang from my mom. Ford needs more people working at Ford like Master K. I thought Customer Service was JOB 1!!!!
Old 6/2/06, 10:24 PM
legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by tammijoe
Hey Ford4v429, I will be sending an email as well as making a call on Monday. Count me in, and I will keep you informed of my reply. If it wasn't for this site and a nice person to help me out when I had problems with my Stang....I think I would have been in a buyback at this point. And now I am a happy owner and am looking for another Stang from my mom. Ford needs more people working at Ford like Master K. I thought Customer Service was JOB 1!!!!
Sounds good! If you didnt see, in my sig line theres a link- I put up the snail-mail addresses to the good guys- kinda think a tangible piece of paper passing thru their hands might at least get a better lookover...I'm sure theyve got tons of more important business to attend to daily, especially as Mr Hazel is now a Senior Vice President... A guy at MF got a reply from one of Mr Giombetti's assistants, sounded kinda good- something about K was not reprimanded, and they were going to be looking into what he was doing- perhaps a little extra push from us Ford fanatics might help them in the decision as to wether Kzinti type tracking can be implemented for ALL Ford buyers.
Also interesting, guy at MF had word BMW was starting new build info line, complete with cameras on the line- that really struck a chord with me as I'd asked Kzinti about a year ago if Ford could put one of those rollercoaster cams at final assembly roll out to get that newborn pic...he replied about interesting, forwarding to someone there...kinda sounds to me like maybe competition has had there ear to the ground- possibly more than Fortd- but no matter- we know who was first, and I wouldnt be suprised if they tag it with some edgy hard to pronounce/unusual name like Kzinti too.
I mailed letter To Mr Hazel, and attached some stuff from a few forums- not hard to find good comments about Kzinti.
heck- I'll edit here in a sec, paste in the addresses. thanks Tammiejoe

edit:
OK, heres a list of the big guys.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=3038

Most of the guys on this list can be snailmailed by addressing as follows:

Mr. William Ford Jr.
Chief Executive Officer Ford Motor Company
Dearborn MI 48126

dont expect that one to get past a secretary though.

heres a couple of known 'goodguys' in the business- remember they may not even know whaty Kzinti was or had anything to do with his demise...Again, these are GOODGUYS- please say your piece, but stress the positives about Kzinti, verses just the STRESS of waiting for your Ford Product- yelling at these guys would be a mistake in many ways...by all accounts(chatted thru forums to some guys that worked for/with them on the way up) these guys are very highly respected, understand the enthusiasts, and just may speak up to get this thing straightened out quickly- and either Kzinti reinstated as customer service rep or some other automated buyer service to allow tracking like he supplied. either way, He deserves a hand in building upon what he started.

these two guys I gotta vouch for, wish Ford had more like them:

DARRYL B. HAZEL
Senior Vice President, Ford Motor Company; President, Ford Customer Service Division
Dearborn MI 48126

AL GIOMBETTI
Vice President, Ford Motor Company; President, Ford and Lincoln Mercury
Dearborn MI 48126

as of 6 months ago, these above guys acted on their email directly, not sure if thats changed for MrHazel as he's now a Senior VP.

PLEASE, write Mr Hazel and Giombetti, if you want Mr Ford also, but like I said, it wont get to him unless theres a ton of names on it...would suggest not going over the heads of the known good guys that could present a concept properly...

Most of all, be nice- these are some of the biggest guys in one of the biggest corporations in the world...wish I had some pointers on how to address them properly- just be sincere and stress the positives, congratulate them on the success of the mustang.

suggestion: how about printing out YOUR tracking threads if you can find them over at blue oval- I think you can search your posts, cut and paste into YOUR letter, just to show the updates you recieved, and how much they meant to you as a 'involved buyer', maybe some of the 'congratulations your pony was born last night' posts might strike a nerve...

Come on guys- lets see if we can get Kzinti where he shoulda been all along, thanks.
Old 6/5/06, 09:43 PM
legacy Tms Member

Hey a buddy found a link to the usatoday page that mentioned the anonymous Kzinti/Blueovalforums-

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2005-06-27-mustang-usat_x.htm

theres a 'contact us' link on their site, and the writers name is on there...I sent an email asking them to forward to her, with links to the blueoval poll, and here, asking if they think maybe its worth a followup- might lure a bunch more mustangers to our forums too- the more the merrier right? if any of you guys get a chance, please do the same if you get a sec, it would be good exposure for the forum and couldnt hurt drumming up more supporters to yak at Ford about getting K back online - heres a link to send them a message:

http://feedbackforms.usatoday.com/marketing/feedback/feedback-online.aspx?type=12

the authors name was Sharon Silke Carty.
Old 6/6/06, 01:02 PM

Makes me wonder if this didn't get started at the plant level and not with corprate Ford, things are different at"AAI" compared to a "Ford" plant.

Originally Posted by ford4v429
Come on guys- one fella already got a couple replies...sounds promising from one VP, word from another was Kzinti was not disciplined...we'll see if he'll post his replies in here
Old 6/6/06, 03:41 PM
Bullitt Member

I just sent my feedback to USA Today.
Old 6/7/06, 08:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Here's the feedback I sent to USA Today:

Comments: There was an article written in the 6/27/05 USA today by
Sharon Silke Carty on the Mustang.
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2005-06-27-mustang-usat_x.htm
In the article, she mentioned how Ford Employees at the
Blueovalnews.com
forum where able to provide feedback on where customers orders are. I
have a new Mustang on order and "Kzinti" was giving me status. A few
weeks ago, Ford put the muzzle on him and no one no longer receives
status on their ordered cars. Can anyone at Ford Mgt. be contacted to
get him reinstated? Thanks.

They replied back today with:

I'll forward your email to Sharon Carty.

Regards,
Ray Goldbacher
Money Editor
USATODAY.com

C'mon guys.....start sendin' feedback!!!
Old 8/17/06, 10:41 PM
legacy Tms Member

forgot to post a note in here a couple weeks back- I did recieve a letter from Darryl Hazel- at least I know for certain he knows about Kzinti, letter said appreciated suggestion about improving buyer support like Kzinti had done...wether it gets discussed any further who knows...

also heard some info from a certain anonymous source on what happened- basically K never had any issues with work/time/performance type stuff, but got shutdown solely due to the simple fact that blueoval is a 'chatroom' equivalent, and accessing from servers inappropriate...sounded like someone had complained till they found a loophole to threaten shutting him down 'or else' type of thing...

I'm still hoping to hear someday that Ford will put him online officially, but as time drags on, looking less and less likely to ever happen...at least until some other mfg 'comes up with the concept'...Fords really droppping the ball here.anyone else want to write to some Ford Vice Presidents?