2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ford apparently squashed Kzinti...

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/06 | 08:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

I hope he goes on to bigger and better things - he helped me out a couple of times. Regarding maybe he was just laid-off, etc. Anything is possible but from what I have found out in business, somebody complained about what he was doing or somebody had to CYA.
Old 5/20/06 | 09:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Think it would make a difference if we all spread the word and wrote leters and emails to ford?
Old 5/20/06 | 11:33 AM
Bullitt Member

This is terrible. One of the most exciting parts of ordering my car was the regular updates I got from the K Man. My family and friends couldn't believe I had so much information almost on a daily basis. At the end I was checking with him every day. Now future Mustang owners will miss that thrill of feeling involved with the "Birth" of their Pony. Way to go Ford, way to alientate your most loyal customers!!!!

Kzinti Thanks for all your help, Best Wishes in the future.
Old 5/20/06 | 11:51 AM

If it weren't for Kzinti my Mustang would have been sold out from under me! The dealership was sold the week before she was delivered, all new management and sales staff, and no one had any knowledge about my order. The old owner wasn't concerned with keeping any paperwork or records around that would complicate the sale of the business. It was nice to be able to go in with the window sticker and more knowledge about the order to seal the deal.

I would guess that Kzinti probably ran into a Ford HR/Legal issue with the possibility of benefiting from utilizing Ford resources (whether real or perceived). Hopefully if anything can come from our emailing and letters to Ford is the need to officially provide this type of service directly to the paying customer who places a vehicle order and is typically kept in the dark by the dealers.
Old 5/20/06 | 12:26 PM
Cobra Member

the main problem is ford does not care who you are...you are just a number to them......as far as the k-man goes there are very few people that will go above and beyond like he did for nothing in return....i wish him the best..
Old 5/20/06 | 01:48 PM
Cobra Member

Ford would care if everyone e-mailed them.

A lot of the immigrants that protested in Los Angeles were just numbers too. But you get enough of those numbers together and guess what? Washington and the nation notices.

If Ford knows what's good for their company they would recognize this. Of course usually with corporations like this they recognize it only too late just before their sales drop to nothing.
Old 5/20/06 | 04:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I too looked to Kzinti for info on my order. It was fun and exciting to track it. Can't Ford see the good he was doing for their image?

Thank you Kzinti!
Old 5/20/06 | 06:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

This is ridiculous but not totally unexpected... I am actually surprised they let Kzinti go on as long as he did.The Big Two wonder why they are in so much financial trouble - the key (that most of the share-stealing imports get) is SERVICE!!!Kzinti made the ordeal of waiting for my car a lot easier with his updates, and COMPLETELY made my day with his "Happy Birthday" email when my 'Stang was born. My dealer (Capistrano Ford, San Juan Capistrano, CA) was staffed by an enthusiastic salesman that couldn't find any of the information about my car - he knew only what I had learned from Kzinti! Any time I called my dealer for info and spoke to their back office staff (when I could get hold of them) about the status of my car, I was met with unhelpful monosyllabic responses and vague "we'll let you know" references. My sales rep was wonderful but I could understand what he was facing. \Only Kzinti could tell me what I wanted to know... I will miss his Quixotic journey to improve Ford's abysmal customer service (and THIS is coming for a lifetime Ford guy - see my sig). I hope he got a better paying job at Lexus where they would appreciate him.
Old 5/20/06 | 07:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
This is ridiculous but not totally unexpected... I am actually surprised they let Kzinti go on as long as he did.The Big Two wonder why they are in so much financial trouble - the key (that most of the share-stealing imports get) is SERVICE!!!Kzinti made the ordeal of waiting for my car a lot easier with his updates, and COMPLETELY made my day with his "Happy Birthday" email when my 'Stang was born. My dealer (Capistrano Ford, San Juan Capistrano, CA) was staffed by an enthusiastic salesman that couldn't find any of the information about my car - he knew only what I had learned from Kzinti! Any time I called my dealer for info and spoke to their back office staff (when I could get hold of them) about the status of my car, I was met with unhelpful monosyllabic responses and vague "we'll let you know" references. My sales rep was wonderful but I could understand what he was facing. \Only Kzinti could tell me what I wanted to know... I will miss his Quixotic journey to improve Ford's abysmal customer service (and THIS is coming for a lifetime Ford guy - see my sig). I hope he got a better paying job at Lexus where they would appreciate him.
A big ditto on that one!
Old 5/21/06 | 12:30 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

I can only echo what everyone else has said. With Ford having such a bad reputation for customer service (from the dealers all the way to the top) logic would dictate this would be something they'd want to get behind, but no, not Ford. Anyone else get the feeling they are proud of their poor customer service?

Want to make a bold move, Ford? Try giving a s*** about the customer!!!

I would gladly express my opinions to Ford if I knew they were going to someone who could make a difference. As we all know, just calling or emailing the general customer service will get you no where.
Old 5/21/06 | 08:12 AM
legacy Tms Member

I think it was an assinine move on fords part- this is the future, Kzinti developed the idea and it was a huge hit with certain folks...certain folks that happen to be buying new fords- duh.

CRC sucks, dealer info is outdated if available at all- hey once the things sold its out of their hands, why should they care anyways.

Ford has the info, ford had the person, ford made a lot of would be enemies into their most outspoken fans- how many folks were ready to walk away from all the BS before finding out about Kzinti? I bet more than a couple- and crap like that is the kind of stuff folks will regurgitate for years to anyone that will listen...bad PR= slipping sales, and Kzinti actually made it kinda fun/interesting(at a minimum not frustrating) to wait for months just to get that new ford. what a great idea!

bold moves? no a bold move woulda put this mustang buyers hero in charge of customer relations. EVERYONE *****es about the CRC/dealer crap, NOBODY ever said a bad thing about Kzinti...

who was the Einstien that figured out Kzinti was what needed to go??? thats the guy steering the ship in the wrong direction- his type needs to get with the program before ford becomes history in north america.

CRC is that sinking ship, as its leaking customers bad. Kzinti has the personality to understand enthusiasts, and befriend buyers keeping them ford loyal. HE IS EXACTLY WHAT FORD HAS BEEN LACKING REGARDING CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

build up this thread- we will be burying ford with letters/emails, the more folks complain about the crc, praise Kzinti the better. if you havent voted in the poll over started back in November over at blue oval in the 'ford management' thread, please register and do so
(had a bunch more votes from prior year, but the forum crashed/lost all the old stuff)

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...p?showtopic=52
Old 5/21/06 | 12:31 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks for that link I voted
Old 5/21/06 | 02:46 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Thanks, I voted. Kzinti is one of my heroes.
Old 5/21/06 | 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks also for that link. I voted also. Kzinti is an inspiration to us all. For those of us fortunate to have already received our Mustangs and tracked the progress of them from information we got from Kzinti, we thank him and wish him the very best! Hopefully, Ford will catch wind of what a valuable asset he is to them.
Jaxxon
Old 5/22/06 | 03:19 PM
legacy Tms Member

Can we PLEASE get a sticky on this?

please?
Old 5/22/06 | 04:47 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

ditto
Old 5/22/06 | 07:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for the link - I voted! I also let the guy criticizing Kzinti with both barrels!

GAWWWWWd I am enraged by his attitude!!!
Old 5/22/06 | 08:05 PM
Cobra Member

Yep need a sticky good idea
Old 5/22/06 | 09:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Kzinti understands what good PR is all about. He made waiting for my stang an experience I felt involved in.
Old 5/24/06 | 07:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wow that sucks. I can't tell you how much he relieved my tension when I was waiting 4.5 months for mine to be built.

Quick Reply: Ford apparently squashed Kzinti...