2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ford apparently squashed Kzinti...

Search this Thread

Old 5/19/06, 03:45 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 67 Likes on 32 Posts
Ford apparently squashed Kzinti...

ORIGINAL: ford4v429
you guys seen the apology thread over at blue oval? guess Kzinti has been silenced...sad day for the ford buying enthusiast.
does anyone in here have a link to the USA today article about the way he was helping folks who ordered Fords?

if you dont know about Kzinti, look here- hes been doing this stuff 2.5 years, helped thousands of ford buyers...
http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...ndpost&p=47063
[quote name='Kzinti' date='May 16 2006, 10:57 PM' post='48143']
I can think of no easy way to say this other than to say it directly.
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I will be unable to provide vehicle order updates for the forseeable future.
I cannot discuss specific details. I apologize if this causes any inconvenience.
[/quote]

does this suck or what...probably the same brainchild decided this thats threatening legal action against places using 'ford' or 'mustang' in their names...stupid.
Old 5/19/06, 04:20 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He wasn't doing anything bad... He was helping fuel enthusiast's excitement.

Ah well.. they should be concentrating on making good products, not this little petty B.S.
Old 5/19/06, 04:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
So... Ford doesn't want to make/have/keep happy customers? I love all the info he provided. People can't believe I have it. I thought it was great customer relations. Go figure. Hope they didn't give him too much grief, he seems like a great guy.
Old 5/19/06, 04:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got a lot of information from him although my dealer was one of the good ones that kept me informed also. I wish there was some way we could send a STRONG message to Ford that they NEED Kzinti or someone doing that kind of work, especially with so many crappy dealers that aren't held accountable.
Old 5/19/06, 04:44 PM
Cobra Member

Some manager at Ford is braindead. Don't they realize that he was actually helping the company by providing customers with better, more personal service? If anything, they should have given him a promotion and his own department -- "internet order vehicle order information"...
Old 5/19/06, 04:51 PM
Queen Of Nascar

That is sad. He kept me informed when purchasing both my Mustangs. Ford really does need that kind of customer service.
Old 5/19/06, 04:52 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Honestly, Ford could create a lot of customer excitement for people like us.

When you ordered a vehicle, you could receieve an email and even pictures of the car going down the line. Little things like this are great for customers and give a sense of pride for the person buying it.

Then again, I wouldn't want to look at some of the building my car
Old 5/19/06, 05:32 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

I bet some dealers complained about the info. he was giving us and that's why he's been silenced.
Old 5/19/06, 06:00 PM
FR500 Member

So what dumb illegitimate child at Ford decided this? Kind of like not allowing use of the "M-word" or the "P-word" associated with the automobile. Bold moves, alright. So I want to buy a Mxxxxxx in the future and that means I'll have to rely on a dealer for info? Most are not exactly in-the-know or honest. Any other means of getting this info about production status?
Old 5/19/06, 06:06 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
If there is anything we can do please pass on the info.We owe the commander big time.
Old 5/19/06, 06:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Kzinti,
Everyone who had a new Mustang ordered looked to you for an update on the progress of our babies. It was so very much appreciated by all of us. There is no way we could communicate with the Evil Root Lady, to get any kind of answer. Kzinti was our contact with the progress of where our Stangs were in the production process. Our dealers gave us no idea, other than it will get here when it gets here. You were and are "THE MAN", which everyone of us truly thanks for keeping us informed. You made the ordering and waiting process so much better to endure. We all thank you for being there and going the extra mile for us. We hope FORD will see what a service you have been to us all. Thank you for taking the effort of informing us of every point of the order through production process. You are truly a very special person. Hail The Chief!
Jack
Old 5/19/06, 07:33 PM
Bullitt Member

So I guess this is one of Ford's Bold Moves. Yeah, right. Kzinti provides a service that no one else can or would do, one that customers love and appreciate...and what does Ford do? They kill it! Yup, great ideal, Ford!
Old 5/19/06, 07:51 PM
V6 Member

it truely is a sad day , K was a shineing example of how a one dedicated person could build excitement for a sometimes cold and faceless company.Its too bad that ford couldnt see how much good he was doing for them at no extra cost to them . Kzinti will be missed , i wish him well .
Old 5/19/06, 08:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

I hope Kzinti didn't get into too much trouble.

Only a stupid Corprate Lawyer would stop something like this.

Kzinti, you did good bud
Old 5/19/06, 08:39 PM
Bullitt Member

When I was 18, I saved every penny I had and bought myself a new '79 Mustang. I commuted to college and needed a car. That was 27 years ago and in those years I've owned many vehicles including 3 Corvettes. Now I've done a full 360 and have my second Mustang ever on order. I haven't been this excited about getting a new car since my first Mustang. I feel like I'm 18 again. Kzinti kept me informed on how things were going. Now I am totally in the dark until the car gets here in late June.

My wife and I each own Lexus's and the American auto industry is still wondering why they're almost bankrupt. It' wasn't the quality of the cars that drove us away...it was the customer service....or should I say, lack of it. Kzinti was the last glimpse of light....now sadly it's gone.

Feeling 45 again really stinks.
Old 5/19/06, 09:51 PM
Cobra Member

I must say this is VERY bad news.

I hope someone here shows this thread to Ford. What the hell did the guy do wrong?

He informed customers about their orders! People who had already made a purchase from Ford... people who, probably for the most part, would have been kept in the dark by their dealer if it weren't for him.

I've read many stories here about dealers jacking around with delivery dates / order dates and possibly selling cars out from under buyers and flat out lying about orders. With Kzinti you could find out EXACTLY what was going on.

Is this why Ford wanted him silenced? The whole, "Oh gee we're really sorry your dealer did x... y... or ...z ... but it has nothing to do with us(Ford). If it were us (Ford) we would NEVER do anything like that." arguement is a bit weakened by this if you ask me.

They want to keep that information secret between Ford and the dealers, why??? Seems they have some interest in doing so. Perhaps they want to help screw the customer??? I don't know. Someone from Ford... please explain this to me.

Kzinti helped me out. Told me when my car was built, shipped, and would be delivered. My dealer was good about this as well... but I knew two days before my dealer called me. Did I NEED to know? No. I had a pretty good dealer so there wasn't a problem. But I'm sure for many that is DEFINATELY not the case.

All I have left to say is thank you Kzinti. Thank you for providing Ford's customers with up-to-date information. Something Ford should do in the first place. In fact they should be paying you EXTRA for doing them this service.

And shame on you Ford. Shame on you
Old 5/19/06, 10:05 PM
GTR Member

What actually happened? I didn't see article. He saved me in my time of need!
Old 5/19/06, 10:31 PM
Cobra Member

Whats odd is that I read the post by Kzinti and nowhere does it say that some dipstick at Ford told Kzinti to cease and desist.

I tend to agree that this is what happened... but isn't there also a possibility that Kzinti got laid off or possible transferred into a role that doesn't have access to this data?
Old 5/19/06, 11:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

What Ford needs is to let Kzinti run customer service. He actually cared about people and the product he represented, something that is missing in big corporations. Ford could learn alot from a decent person like Kzinti.
Old 5/20/06, 08:01 AM
Bullitt Member

I want to say I can't believe it, but I do. People throughout history that pioneer an effort have usually been suppressed and shunned. Common sense would say that Ford would get an idea from this that would make the buying experience a good one. Imagine if we could order a car directly from a manufacturer using the Internet and then track everything from start to finish using the same medium. Dealers, just like anyone else who has an interest in protecting themselves, will do anything in their power to keep that from happening. Kzinti gave me the build info on mine even though I didn't order her. It was nice to know the history from conception. Hopefully he didn't get into a tank of hot water that will ruin his career. Someday we'll be able to have more control over our purchases, but that someday isn't now.

Quick Reply: Ford apparently squashed Kzinti...