2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ford apparently squashed Kzinti...

Search this Thread

Old 5/24/06, 05:12 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kzinti thank you for helping me while I was waiting Shirley. You made the process better. You will be missed brother. You are a scholar and a gentleman.
Old 5/24/06, 08:11 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 67 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by martimus
Whats odd is that I read the post by Kzinti and nowhere does it say that some dipstick at Ford told Kzinti to cease and desist.

I tend to agree that this is what happened... but isn't there also a possibility that Kzinti got laid off or possible transferred into a role that doesn't have access to this data?
yes, it is entirely possible- I'd bet money that if anything other than a gag order from above type of thing he would have filled us in and the other guys that also helped would still be doing so...I really doubt anyone high up at ford would have done this as there has been universal praise from buyers- you cant buy this kind of product enthusiasm...I'm bettin it was a plant/ford legal(hear theyre suing folks using mustang name even)/or maybe union level thing- had to be someone capable of threatening job or legal action or it wouldnt have ended like this.

I'm hoping its just a 'pause' before getting even better, and I hope the powers that be that decided to **** off a bunch of customers get a smack upside the head from way higher up, for not doing some homework before jumping to conclusions. Only way we can FIX it is to kinda unite and simply explain to FoMoCo corporate that as customers we really liked buying a car this way- even with al the bad things involved, this made it not just bearable, but kinda exciting- heck all we wanted was to know about OUR cars, and being able to share congrats with others doing the same- like a giant ford/mustang car club or something...good for customers= good for return buyers in a couple years.

We can email ford directly(their email structure wasnt hard to figure out- by month 2 unvinned it was easy) but a flood of emails will end up getting spam filtered or upsetting some good folks that could do something about this. I really think either a handwritten letter attached to printed copies of threads like these mailed to the right folks would raise some eyebrows enough to get some action. If the guys at the top knew how strongly buyers supported this service, they would have to pass the idea on to the top brass- and I think they would be enthusiastic about it- theres some good guys in there, and with the corporate 'bold moves' thing this might be just the kind of thing theyre looking for to build some brand loyalty and enthusiasm.

I know Ive been *****ing about Ford alot on this, but really got a feeling either they didnt realize how much Kzinti and crew helped build product enthusiasm, or the decision to stop came from someone lower on the totem pole that didnt have or want a clue as to what its about. If we keep asking/*****ing/suggesting/threatening/crying/whatever and enough of us do it, we can get it past CRC to someone that not only gives a **** about Ford, but that can also do something about it.
Old 5/24/06, 08:18 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
So who are the "right folks"?
I'll email, hand write a letter, call, whatever. Problem is no one has posted where these gripes, no matter what form they're in, are supposed to go.

And like I said before, if the answer is "To Ford's cutomer service," (now there's a contradiction in terms) then nevermind.
Old 5/24/06, 09:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We should make a petition or some crap like that. Might help, or at least get an angry fist from Mr. FoMoCo.
Old 5/24/06, 10:33 PM
legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by StangNut
So who are the "right folks"?
I'll email, hand write a letter, call, whatever. Problem is no one has posted where these gripes, no matter what form they're in, are supposed to go.

And like I said before, if the answer is "To Ford's cutomer service," (now there's a contradiction in terms) then nevermind.
forget crc.

I just am afraid of flooding in the wrong way, shutting doors that werent easy to find- lets give another day or two to build some posts, and anyone in here thats good at drafting business communication, please paste in here...we got to stay positive. I asked a guy thats great at this stuff to give some opinions/maybe draft us a letter to ad-lib from, or even just print out and sign. Main thing is we gotta push the positives without beating up on the guys we write to- else its never gonna go anywhere. there are good guys there that I really think will help if presented right. if enough of us can tell ford how great kzinti made buying their product, without bashing the brass at ford(I'm guilty of it too- although I have a couple other 'heroes' at Ford besides Kzinti) hopefully it will stick and someone will have to say- "hey- these guys got a point, this was great PR at almost no cost". speaking out against dealers/CRC without calling them names is difficult(for me anyway) but it can be done in a proper manner to convey our frustrations- just waiting for someone to help with that type of stuff.

I'm trying to find that usa today thing still, no luck yet. Worst case getting this even a little bit in the spotlight might help somewhat- if they did an article on him last year, perhaps they would entertain a follow up from his supporters- but again, 'pushing' is not as good as 'pulling' ford to hear us and act.
Old 5/26/06, 08:35 PM
legacy Tms Member

bump

guess 'bring back Kzinti' dont rate a sticky?

anyway- saw a thread over at blue oval, Jerry Reynolds bigtime ford dealer(one of if not the best in the US),dealer council president, etc, sold his dealership, done with ford...searched him, and here he also has a radio talk show in texas...hmm, sent him a kinda lengthy email about Kzinti, what he did for us, what we thought about fords lost opportunity...never know, maybe he'll mention something about it, any thing that gets more folks thinking about it is good thing.

Emailed another auto writer, always link to BOF and here, so they can see how many happy ford buyers Kzinti helped create- even if we waited months to get our cars...hopefully if someone mentions it, and a couple or couple hundred folks check it out/chime in too, we can build some numbers here, and push it towards Ford hard enough to get noticed...

if you guys see any auto writers that might be responsive to fords customer relations problems, send them a note- the more the better. I keep wanting to post mames/emails, but just gotta wait a bit more- the one guy I personally know would be good at crafting a letter said he'll try to look at it this weekend- hoping to have something to post from him soon- thinking like a form letter we could all print/sign/mail, along with a bunch of emails a couple days later to hit all about the same day. Any suggestions / ideas appreciated

keep talking...build some bulk to these threads- if you havent spoke up, please do

as of tonight theres 1600 hits on this thread and only 45 replies...

and if you havent voted in the poll over at blue oval, please take a minute to do so:
http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...p?showtopic=52

even if Kzinti didnt help you out, if you think you MIGHT ever buy a new Ford you would be better off if his services were available...
Old 5/26/06, 09:04 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Nice work!
Old 5/27/06, 04:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Great job ford4v429! I wish I was HALF as devoted as you are... Props to you in your efforts.

Old 5/27/06, 08:51 PM

Mr. K really helped me during the trying time while waiting for my Rita to arrive. He got me the information needed to see when she would be built. I missed his usually update when he his daughter was having a baby. I believe that Kzinti came in and worked extra to get all the news and birth announcements out to the waiting new pony owners. He helped us with the rail car information to track her progress to her new Texas home. He was great. Ford is making a big mistake messing with devoted Mustang owners.
Old 5/27/06, 09:57 PM
legacy Tms Member

Got a reply from Mr Reynolds-

<<<I agree 100% and will put this into the hands of one of the higher ups. I wish you the best my friend.

Jerry Reynolds
Radio Host
Auto Industry Analyst

Tune into the Jerry Reynolds Auto Advice Show now 9AM to 11AM Saturdays, on WBAP 820 AM or on the web at WBAP.com or our website at www.carguyshow.com >>>

so theres a start

off topic, but- when I painted the blacked out lower trim on my car, I guess i'd missed taping somewhere, got overspray from clearcoat across hood...used that Mothers claybar thing tonight, man is that slick...rubbed it right off and car looks better than new after waxing. Even took my big goofy mudflaps off (till winter)...gotta love summertime if you havent tried that claybar thing yet, you might want to consider it. I was told it would even remove overspray, but this was friggin deltron- was expecting an all day job... took it off like it was nothing.
Old 5/28/06, 10:26 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Hey BRAD - are you able to pass along any of this information to your contacts at Ford?

This is truly a sad day if he was told to stop providing the information. What a closed minded thing for Ford to do.

Kristina
Old 5/29/06, 10:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

Maybe instead of sending emails, etc to Ford, all the folks K helped should contact GM, Toyota, etc.
Old 5/29/06, 05:44 PM

This smells like he has been *talked* to...another manager seeing that *inside* information is bad for *others* to see. Then that manager goes and blabs to his manager...

I've seen this kind of stupidity at two of my previous jobs. Ridiculous!
Old 5/29/06, 05:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Kzinti Rocks! When my dealer saw that I already had a copy of my window sticker before the car even showed up she was shocked. She thought it was totally cool though and said she would tell all her enthusiest buyers about it.
Old 5/29/06, 11:21 PM
Bullitt Member

It was great having Kzinti in our corner, especially when some dealerships were trying to sell ordered cars to the highest bidder during the shortage.
Old 5/30/06, 07:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by WarningSLO
Kzinti Rocks! When my dealer saw that I already had a copy of my window sticker before the car even showed up she was shocked.
Same here. Look on salesman's face when he saw all the info I had and the window sticker was priceless.

I will never forget the feeling I had when I first downloaded the window sticker PDF that Kzinti provided. What a great guy for going out of his way to make others happy.
Old 5/30/06, 07:57 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Ranger
Maybe instead of sending emails, etc to Ford, all the folks K helped should contact GM, Toyota, etc.
And do what? Buy a Corolla? Puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeez!
Old 5/30/06, 08:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Rash
Same here. Look on salesman's face when he saw all the info I had and the window sticker was priceless.

I will never forget the feeling I had when I first downloaded the window sticker PDF that Kzinti provided. What a great guy for going out of his way to make others happy.
I wonder if Fords problem with K started with sleazy dealers. With inside info from Ford a dealer would have a problem selling an ordered car to someone offering alot of cash over sticker ...or the dealers brother in law. It would be hard for a dealer to say "oh sorry,the Mustang you ordered fell off the train" when you have inside info from Ford with the status of the build. I thought what K did was an awesome service. I don't know why Ford would care about the status of an order getting to a customer, they want to sell cars. Some dealers however have thier own agenda.
Old 5/30/06, 02:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by pitpup
And do what? Buy a Corolla? Puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeez!

No - but maybe get him a job where he can use his talents in Customer Service. I haven't really heard what happened to him - do YOU know???
Old 5/30/06, 03:21 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I put my two cents in over at BON
I also valued K's information, as my salesman either;
A) Had no clue whatsoever
or
B)Didn't want to tell me jack.

Thanks to Kzinti I had my VIN and window sticker before the dealership knew anything. Not to mention the day she arrived at the dealership.
The service he provided was invaluable.

Quick Reply: Ford apparently squashed Kzinti...