2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

This car is a heat score!

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/05, 01:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Cthulhu@March 5, 2005, 2:04 AM
I am astounded - this topic has become one of the most intelligent discussions I've ever seen on the internet. Purple Hayz this is one of the best argued cases I've encountered - if you aren't an ACLU lawyer, you ought to be. I'm libertarian, and I feel that anything a person wants to do, as long as they don't hurt anyone, they should be allowed to do. I will give cops a better standing than peon, simply bc they do stop violent criminals, in addition to enforcing the many other laws I find completely unreasonable. as far as speeding goes, I've read a number of the cases you've cited, and agree wholeheartedly with you. As it almost always is, the US is just behind the greater European nations socially. The autobahn is the prime example of this. Are there any states that currently have no speed limits?
Montana had the right idea, but alas, the flagwavers in D.C. (and the state Attorney General) got their way in the end. Still, the lesson learned was a valuable one

As for the Fuzz, I was aiming more for the pawn/puppet of the system interpretation of peon rather the "small brained dimwit" As you note, they do save and protect lives (when not occupied with other tasks ), so I won't dispute their value to society.

Lawyer LOL no I can't say that I am, though we do collaborate from time to time. After all, evidence is the coin of the realm (at least ideally) in their field as well as mine. Can't say I find myself in disagreement with the ACLU much either Lord knows they've been busy these past few years :bang:
Old 3/5/05, 01:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@March 5, 2005, 2:30 AM
My two cents:

Well, we're the idiots who keep voting them in, these people who impose these speed limits and laws we're all complaining about. If this issue was made known and politicians started losing elections over it, we would see a change in the laws. This is how change is effected in America (at least the with the common folk) - through issue-raising and voting.

On a side note, I do not feel that America is behind Europe socially. And to call them "greater" nations is laughabe, especially being that they must combine all of their countries economic efforts to beat our dollar in the world market. Sort of like a bunch of skinny punks ganging up on a very well-trained green beret soldier... eventually, you get enough skinny punks they can rip that green beret limb from limb. I find it most amusing that they need basically an entire continent's power to equal America's economic powers. Just think of how much more powerful they would be if they used our system of economics. They just can't swallow their pride.

We, America, pioneer the space industry, and continue to stay at the forefront of cutting-edge technology in every arena. Most European companies that thrive in "high-end" products (BMW, Mercedes-Benz, certain Swiss/Swedish rollercoaster companies) earn most of their revenue from the Untied States. We are the producers, the defenders, and the best this world currently has to offer.

Europe can afford to be smug when they know that the Americans will bail them out of nearly every situation their "high moral ground" values will get them into. In fact, it's not much unlike a spoiled child who will abuse/break his toys because he knows Mommy and Daddy will buy him new ones. This analogy can be applied to Canada and Mexico as well. I, for one, say we finally let this child break his toys and learn their value.

Tempting, but a little too absurd for serious consideration. Perhaps next time.
Old 3/5/05, 06:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Well I ought to sell my Radar Jammer Philips Electronics had a schimatic for one , so I hunted down all the parts. the hardest items to find were the antenna's I did not built it to abuse the law I did it as a challange to see if it would work and it did. But I'd hate to be the one that gets caught with it. Freaks them out ! You can tell them how fast you are going :scratch: I can remember the constable scatching as I flew by , It was a Gov't vehicle so he did not bother. Sorry I guess this was off topic.
Old 3/5/05, 06:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Purple Hayz+March 5, 2005, 2:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Purple Hayz @ March 5, 2005, 2:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-OBleedingMe@March 5, 2005, 2:30 AM
My two cents:

Well, we're the idiots who keep voting them in, these people who impose these speed limits and laws we're all complaining about. If this issue was made known and politicians started losing elections over it, we would see a change in the laws. This is how change is effected in America (at least the with the common folk) - through issue-raising and voting.

On a side note, I do not feel that America is behind Europe socially. And to call them "greater" nations is laughabe, especially being that they must combine all of their countries economic efforts to beat our dollar in the world market. Sort of like a bunch of skinny punks ganging up on a very well-trained green beret soldier... eventually, you get enough skinny punks they can rip that green beret limb from limb. I find it most amusing that they need basically an entire continent's power to equal America's economic powers. Just think of how much more powerful they would be if they used our system of economics. They just can't swallow their pride.

We, America, pioneer the space industry, and continue to stay at the forefront of cutting-edge technology in every arena. Most European companies that thrive in "high-end" products (BMW, Mercedes-Benz, certain Swiss/Swedish rollercoaster companies) earn most of their revenue from the Untied States. We are the producers, the defenders, and the best this world currently has to offer.

Europe can afford to be smug when they know that the Americans will bail them out of nearly every situation their "high moral ground" values will get them into. In fact, it's not much unlike a spoiled child who will abuse/break his toys because he knows Mommy and Daddy will buy him new ones. This analogy can be applied to Canada and Mexico as well. I, for one, say we finally let this child break his toys and learn their value.

Tempting, but a little too absurd for serious consideration. Perhaps next time.
[/b][/quote]
Hey don't forget who gave the Americans the ARM space shuttle we even got to keep a flag on it. Space and diving Neut Suit Joints also Canadian, I think that it is Awsome how people like all of us here as well in other Countries can set all the BS aside and just DO IT ! kinda no politics no racisim just ordinary people working together in sinc. Now That Makes My Day when we all get to play especially us Bigger Kids.
Old 3/5/05, 07:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

man, this is a good one. i guess the only real problem i have is the cop pulling into the gas station with the specific purpose of following a certain car. i speed with the best of them sometimes. i usually try to keep it within 10-15 mph of the speed limit. as long as the cop doesnt give me crap about something when he pulls me i dont mind. i was speeding, so i deserve the ticket. im just mad at the ones who give me a ticket driving home in my 92 the day i bought it. i didnt have a virginia inspection sticker or a county sticker. he gave me a ticket for both of those and then one b/c i didnt have the car registered yet. even though i had the bill of sale, and title in the car with me. i already had insurance. just hadnt switched the tags over. what a bunch of crap that was.
Old 3/5/05, 07:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well You know They are doing thier job , but Come On can't they put the bigger picture together that you had just bought a car and maybe though the excitement you say forgot to do something Slide ? So the Const issues a ticket and then most likely let you drive away ? and thus leaving you open to get another one . I guess they have nothing better to do at all. I guess hes ****
Old 3/5/05, 07:24 PM

I agree they are behind us economically and are setting the world on a potentially disasterous course with their jealousy of the US's power, but it is because they are still to this day paranoid from going through two world wars. They simply beleive in cradle to grave entitlements and need a 30+% tax rate to sustain it even though they are stifling their own economic growth.
Old 3/5/05, 07:31 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I am at odds with some of this. I dont agree the driver should have been followed only because of the car he is driving, yet, he did speed, so I suppose he proved them right.

I do agree that certain areas with speed limits are complete stupidity. HOWEVER, it is a proven fact that the human body can survive a slower collision as opposed to a high speed one. On the other hand, as I have said before, its my body, my life, and if I am the only one who is endangered, then I should not be restricted

Tony, glad to see you pop up again. I want someone to take you on man, you debate better than anyone I have seen here. Have fun!

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with a nice spirited debate, with intelligent and passionate people. Having Tony step into this, I am warning all of you, get your best game on, hes is bringing it!

Resume!
Old 3/5/05, 07:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yepper Gotta make us all feel glad to say Made In America ! It keeps the country together and go round I'm for one am Proud to Be Canadian with an American Built car , I'd even like to have a sign on in Built in the USA or the bulk of it , if they farm out all these components and then assemble them in the USA I say Its an American , humm so can I then apply for Duo citizen ship ?
Old 3/5/05, 07:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ok Dave if your around I'm going to ask the Cown Mr.McDonald about how this whole incident took place to see what he has to say other that the Judge His word is up there and if you had already paid ICKY BICKY ICBC for the ticket , who knows he even may get it recinded , I'll be making a trip down there this week on my day off and when he sees me hopefully well get to talk ? Thats one reason I asked for the badge # I'll try as I do not think it fair one Bit the officers tackticts on this ticket, So I'm willing to speak my peace.
Old 3/5/05, 07:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Geez can any of you people say Valium? Get a grip its only a traffic ticket by an over zealous constable. If if bothers you that much make a complaint to the Chief Constable at the Victoria Police Department.
Old 3/5/05, 07:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

I guess one could but if say he is Jealous of anyone else with a Nice car why should he continue with this style of tacktics ? I did not get a ticket I don't agree same way they try and hand them out around Red Deer Alberta if it aint just it aint right granted yes he was speeding but if he wasn't shadowing or bird dagging him it never would have happened and I'm sure that 4 lane HWY to get up to 120 KMP was only for a short burst so its no harm and there would be a 1 in 10 chance that any person would try to cross that roadway at night. Maybe it was just their Quota time. I'm not upset so No I don't need a Valium but het=y thanks for thionking about it anyways.
Old 3/5/05, 07:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was just trying to suggest that your beating this subject to death. No matter how you look at it traffic enforcement is here to stay. Yes there are speeders at Red Deer do to the design of the highway.
Old 3/5/05, 08:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

I know and we Do need that enforcement For sure every day I pick my son up any we drive home we sit up higher so we look down and he sees all these Jerks having a beer passing though residential areas school zones wher kids play ! Now that I cannot and will not stand for so people that go about life that way well best get the help. keep in mind when they are goosed they are not running on all cylinders so thats when a needless mishap occurs.
Old 3/5/05, 08:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Is there a comedy section around the site ?
Old 3/5/05, 08:14 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Off Topic Section

Ed, click that link...
Old 3/5/05, 08:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thank-You You Really do a Great Job as a Moderator and If'f I was The Boss I'd give you a raise but sorry I'm not Just a single dad ! So all I can and will offer if you ever want it is one of those Grimlock Transformers no strings Just because you do what you do so Well. Ed
Old 3/5/05, 11:56 PM
GT Member

Ed - this is a "comma" - "," enjoy
Jess - see? you can let us work stuff out...sometimes - and you're right, Tony is giving me flashbacks to high school debate/forensics.
Ed again - I'll take that valium if you don't want it
Old 3/6/05, 11:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by GottaHaveIt@March 5, 2005, 9:26 PM
Thank-You You Really do a Great Job as a Moderator and If'f I was The Boss I'd give you a raise but sorry I'm not Just a single dad ! So all I can and will offer if you ever want it is one of those Grimlock Transformers no strings Just because you do what you do so Well. Ed
I want that Transformer!!! Haven't seen one in a local store yet...
Old 3/6/05, 01:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@March 5, 2005, 2:30 AM
My two cents:

Well, you can enjoy your chest thumping and flag waving for at least a while longer. Until - and it's not far off - China becomes the largest and most dominant economy in the world.

Then you'll have lots of toys to play with yourself - almost all of them Made in China.

Quick Reply: This car is a heat score!