2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

This car is a heat score!

Search this Thread

Old 3/2/05, 11:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well sounds like your a pretty cool cop ratchet. I especially digged those custom leather seats you had done. I agree you do the wrong thing you can pay for it. But I would like to know that cops arent out there following cars because they look nice or fast. I want them out there looking for fast period. Like I mentioned in my thread. The cop could have been out there catching law breakers, and maybe save someones life had they been doing just that. He should have just been looking for speeders if thats what his duties were that day, not following people around because they have nice cars and think they might speed. Lets say he followed him around and he never sped. But in the meantime right down the street a hyundai was doing 120 and killed someone. Maybe if he was doing what he was supposed to he would have ticketed a real danger, and not wasted time on a nice looking car that didnt speed. Again this is just an example of something that could have happened. Yah he did speed this time, but what about next time, when he follows people around, and they do nothing, but right down the street had he been waiting for speeders etc he would have stopped that dangerous driver he missed since he was following people around on a hunch. Just my thoughts.
Old 3/2/05, 11:39 PM

Just post something in the Regional/Midwest section and we'll hook up.

I worked at a department prior to coming to Topeka that was VERY BIG on the sitting away from a bar and watching for people leaving. I would have nothing to do with that, I considered it a very chicken poop way of doing business. My supervisor would get on me about my low DUI numbers and I would tell him "if a drunk runs into my cop car, I'll work the DUI". Not exactly true but you get the point. I don't need to make anything happen in the course of my day, people do enough stupid things on their own to keep me busy.

As far as running tags just sitting in traffic, I do it all the time. That's how you get stolen vehicles, stolen tags, illegal tags. A number of years ago, when we got computers in our cars, I hit the street ready to try it out. I'm sitting at a light with an S-10 truck in front of me. The tag is held on by one screw and hanging slightly down on one side. First tag I tried out on the spankin' new 'puter. Stolen tag. Made my day with a hit on the first attempt.
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Cthulhu+March 3, 2005, 12:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cthulhu @ March 3, 2005, 12:18 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bigred0383@March 2, 2005, 11:36 PM
Yes, I am serious. Your article is talking about people posing as UnderCover officers, he was talking about actual UnderCover officers.

On a more positive note, good luck with your career, I am in a similar situation.
well, michael got what i was talking about, guess you missed it. way to look up words in a dictionary, btw-not quite the legal defs tho, i'm guessing (I'll admit, i'm not a lawyer - maybe they cite webster too)
I WAS talking about fake cops, bro -the fake cops michael mention in THIS VERY THREAD. you know, the ones he again mentioned directly to you. that is why i distinguished btwn "psychopaths" and "cops". read my post again - i'm not insinuating cops are the ones trying to rob/kill you. the money they get from you is called "tickets"
[/b][/quote]

First of all, if you are going to speak condescendingly to me, and insult me, don't call me Bro. Yes, I did re-read your post, and Michael's, several times, and you make no reference to people posing as UC as he did, you just say UC, so you can see how I would take that literally, being as that was what you said.

I don't want to get in a contest, but please, don't insult my intelligence.
GT Member

I agree with a lot of that - the cop sounded like he was being irresponsible, but smart for him, i suppose - he was right, wasn't he? I condone speeding, absolutely I do - but not insane speeding, or reckless driving or like that - me, i drive about 5-10 over most of the time, and i'm usually in good company at that speed. did the guy break the law? sure.should the cop have been following him? I don't think the cop was breaking any rules doing it, but maybe his time could have been better spent. was 120 in an 80 asking for it? yeah, a little. cops who pull over speeders usually don't nail the guys doing 5-10 over. (at least I don't think they do - the lowest speed i ever got a ticket for was 14 over) was i driving safely at 14 over? I think so, but i still knew it was against the law. I took the risk, I got my lumps. this guy got his lumps. like martin said, its a roll of the dice.
Old 3/2/05, 11:41 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally posted by exc911ence@March 2, 2005, 9:44 PM
Interesting story...
You messed up. You got sockered into a very old trick. Had the police officer been on a marked car it would have never happened. It is the old "provoke and chase" routine, making you think you were being stalked by some weirdo. Trying to lose him is a very probable and expected response. Get an attorney.
Old 3/2/05, 11:48 PM
GT Member

Jim, the bro thing was part of the patronizing. secondly, I didn't mention specifically ppl POSING as UC cops, bc i thought the wording "are really psychopaths trying to pull you over and mug/kill you" to let ppl know i wasn't talking about UCs who were really cops, but "were really psychopaths" that, coupled with the stories Michael shared made me think ppl would understand what I meant. the retalitory comments made thereafter were in response to your post in which I felt my integrity was being compromised by you. apparently tho, you are not the only one who was misled by my wording, as Martin thought the same thing. I was obviously wrong in thinking my intentions were clear, so now hopefully you and martin both know the score. truce, bro? (this not made out of condesention but friendship/respect) ....sweet evil jesus my posts are long...I need to work on my brevity
Old 3/2/05, 11:48 PM
Bullitt Member

For all you locales here in the San Jose area..... this happened in Campbell.

The only ticket I ever got was five years ago. I was written up for doing 34 mph in a 30 mph zone. Had to spend a weekend in traffic school to get it off my record after trying to state my case in court.
Old 3/2/05, 11:49 PM

As far as the "look for the car going fast vs the car that looks fast", you are right on the money. That's how I do my thing because I am a car guy.

A few weeks ago I'm on my way home from work. It had been raining and the roads are wet. I'm sitting at a light in my truck with a VERY nice new vette in front of me. Beside him is what appears to be an early to mid 90's Nissan Sentra that was more rust than not. The Nissan had three people in it. The light goes green and both go. The Nissan is lead footing it and it appears Mr. Vette takes offense. I hear the exhaust rumble as he lays on it and just spins the tires. Mr. Nissan also hears it and accelerates, if that's what you would call it. Mr. Vette makes second attempt and his rear end goes back and forth but he gets no more MPH. I laugh my butt off as the Nissan smokes the Vette on a slick street.
Old 3/2/05, 11:51 PM
GT Member

yeah - oddly i've been stopped for having expired tags more than for speeding (can't say i'm too mad about it - waaaaay cheaper!) I never knew how much you guys play with those neat toys of yours!
Old 3/2/05, 11:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ben, when the dust settles: no harm-no foul. Miscommunication stinks, just ask my past girlfriends. Have a good night.
Old 3/2/05, 11:54 PM
GT Member

have a good night yourself. and, in the tradition of you chicagoans (as I'm led to believe by SNL), let us celebrate our truce/friendship with my favorite Chris Farely song... The.....Bear the Bears the Bears the Bears the Bears the Bears the Bears....
Old 3/2/05, 11:55 PM
GT Member

oh, and Martin, while I don't need my mind changed about LEOs, I'd still take you up on the ride offer sometime - as long as I get to turn on the cherries!
Old 3/2/05, 11:58 PM

Originally posted by Cthulhu@March 3, 2005, 12:54 AM
yeah - oddly i've been stopped for having expired tags more than for speeding (can't say i'm too mad about it - waaaaay cheaper!) I never knew how much you guys play with those neat toys of yours!
Can't say it would be cheaper here. Expired tag, $152. Speeding, up to 15 mph over, $2 per mile per hour over the limit. 15-25 mph over, $30 plus $3 per mile per hour over 15. So, you could do 65 in a 40 and the fine would only be $60. Plus court costs.
Old 3/3/05, 12:02 AM
GT Member

$152?! wow... i've been fined 42 70, and 70 bucks respectively (didn't change tags from october 02, when they expired, til last november - laziness again, but only got stopped thrice for it) I'll have to start doing my leadfooting 'round Topeka (after i make sure my tags are up to date!!! )
Old 3/3/05, 12:06 AM

Originally posted by Cthulhu@March 3, 2005, 1:05 AM
$152?! wow... i've been fined 42 70, and 70 bucks respectively (didn't change tags from october 02, when they expired, til last november - laziness again, but only got stopped thrice for it) I'll have to start doing my leadfooting 'round Topeka (after i make sure my tags are up to date!!! )
That would be the gubment making it more reasonable to get your tag than to get the ticket. Tags are very expensive here for a nice new stang. But for the most part the ones who can afford the vehicle can afford the tag. A lot of the expired tags I find I'll have the person show me the registration so I can show them the ticket will cost more that the tag.
Old 3/3/05, 04:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

Not for nothin' folks but what sixty-six said is right on. People notice this car and I expect over the coming months there will be more threads like this. Maybe we will need another sticky for tix. Just remember this baby is a head turner and if you add aftermarket LOUD exhaust, stripes, tinted glass etc, you will get noticed even more.
Old 3/3/05, 04:36 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice cars attract attention. Sometimes wanted and sometimes unwanted.
I once had an officer pull me over just to look at my car. He even asked if he could sit in it. I said no. If you dont want the attention then drive a honda. Just my 2 cents.
Old 3/3/05, 05:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was working a radar location on Monday the laser operator picked out a Torch Red Mustang 97 in a 70 zone. It had nothing to do with the make of car. We wrote 67 tickets that day in two hours. The only mustang was the Torch Red. It brought a lump to my throat to see the babe in the Torch Red get a ticket though. Unfortunately I was not the one that wrote the ticket for the mustang ( the writers have some discretion).
Old 3/3/05, 05:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Cthulhu@March 3, 2005, 1:05 AM
$152 is nothing. Last I knew here in CA your ride could be TOWED AND IMPOUNDED for a tag expired over 6 months. The tow "administrative" fee alone is $150 in my city. Impound and DMV fines are on top of that! (Cali LEO types please update me if I am not current on this--I changed careers awhile back).

Tags here can now be renewed online, so there is really no excuse these days.
Old 3/3/05, 06:06 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

OUch- Hubby got a ticket for 47 in a 35 and it was $155......a woman cop notorious for hating men(she won't ticket women, but she despises all men). He got caught in a speed trap- the speed limit is 45 on one side of the road and 35 on the other. He was in a 1986 Bronco.

I am too scared to speed in the mustang- cops give her too much lookie attention.I get fire from everyone cause she doesn't go more than five over ever.
In a patch of speeding deranged soccer moms in vans- first thing the cops gonna see is the big yellow speeding ticket. I did get pulled over for 69 in a 55(in the alero) by the state man - but got a warning because I was honest with the cop. Oh and it was the same day hubby got his ticket.

My mother and Father in law are retired Suffolk County NY PD- they give everyone but me PBA cards cause they say I'd be the one to abuse it.

Quick Reply: This car is a heat score!