2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

This car is a heat score!

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/05, 07:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He got killed because he strayed away from the property he was on. Yes partly inatenative on behalf of his parents. When the investigation was done it was found that the driver was going to fast [skid marks] and the accident could have been avoided. road was very close to property.
Old 3/3/05, 07:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

To rachet1333,
Martin, don't know if your local, or RCMP, but would like to pass along condolences to 4 RCMP members who were shot today in Alberta.

Merlot
Old 3/3/05, 07:06 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
oh, 120 in an 80 is a little excessive.
Thought it was a 100 zone.

Most people on highways here do the 15 over rule.
95 in an 80,
115 in a 100.

No points that way
Old 3/3/05, 07:48 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by exc911ence@March 2, 2005, 9:44 PM
Interesting story. I was at a gas station last night filling the beast up and when I left, this crappy old Taurus followed me out.

in the famoyus words of Ron White, that is profiling and profiling is wrong
Old 3/3/05, 08:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Merlot@March 3, 2005, 6:44 PM
Now the truth is coming out. First of all, our 100 Series highways are mostly 100-110 kmh. [60-65 miles an hour] Usually if there is quite a distance between exits, with no houses, or people, they are 120 kmh. and the law won't bother you. Reason is, your out in the boonies, away from the population. When you push it to 120 out of these areas, your treading on very thin ice. 80 kmh's in a 120. that's 40 over. If it's an 80 zone, that's quite a difference. I bet there's houses close by. Hence the 80. O, and let me see, pedestrians deserve to get hit at 9:30 pm. Sound like you have a lot of growing up to do. I lost a 5 year old cousin, many years ago, on account of someone with the same attitude as yours, and pretty well under the same circumstances. With a comment like that, you're putting out the wrong message for some of those younger people who have an 05 mustang.

Also, with a comment like that, it tells me your not very mature.

Now thats what I call the taxpayers money working.

I hope the fine was excessive. I also hope you got air bags. down the road I think you'll need them! Kudos to the cop! Job very well done. :nono:
First of all, please read the entire sentence before you flame someone. I did say, "OK, not really but you catch my drift." after the pedestrian comment but I guess your A.D.D. had kicked in by that point. Secondly, I didn't kill your cousin so don't lay your guilt trip on me. Thirdly, I only started this thread as a warning to others that their new car might grant them more unwanted attention than they think, not because I was offended to be ticketed for speeding. The fact that I paid the ticket the next day sort of shows that. It was the circumstances that bugged me, not the fine. :nono:
Old 3/3/05, 10:01 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

This car does attract attention, I have been passed by three WSP on I-5 the last few days and each one gave me the hairy EYEBAll :shock:

One of which came tearing off the shoulder behind me on my first day driving home. I was convinced I was toast and my pucker factor increased by 10....since I was passing and Audi A4 who was going 55 in the fast lane and I was using the middle lane, and I was going 70 in a 60mph!

Some how I had a lucky day and he nailed a low riding rice burner flying by in the slow lane..
Old 3/3/05, 10:03 PM

Originally posted by Merlot@March 3, 2005, 8:09 PM
To rachet1333,
Martin, don't know if your local, or RCMP, but would like to pass along condolences to 4 RCMP members who were shot today in Alberta.

Merlot

I live in Kansas. Blah... But there are a few sites I frequent that are for law enforcement that discuss the circumstances of on duty deaths of officers. I had not heard of the ones you mentioned. I have attended the funerals of a few of my fellow officers and it is something you always pray you won't have to do.
Old 3/3/05, 10:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Boomer@March 3, 2005, 6:24 PM
****Warning to all about to read my post and can't seem to read or figure out where canada is on the map...... Speeds are in KM!****

Original Sin, you a cop
Nice
Yeah Boomer. And I travel the 400 LOTS, so much that I try to save gas and keep to 120 - WHICH IS FAIRLY SLOW just like you say. Gotta be careful with those O-dots though - should be driving Dodge's 'cause they're Vipers!!
Old 3/3/05, 11:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Must have been an 80 Kilometer zone and if it was 120 Kilometers when he was nailed that mave have made it 4o kilos over and here they now say that I think anything over about 20 klicks over the posted limit is called excessive and they nail you Big Time.
Old 3/4/05, 06:31 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In Edmonton, Alberta the grace period is 15 over. If you are doing 16 over then you get stopped.
Old 3/4/05, 06:47 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by AJC@March 4, 2005, 12:04 AM
I was convinced I was toast and my pucker factor increased by 10....since I was passing and Audi A4 who was going 55 in the fast lane and I was using the middle lane, and I was going 70 in a 60mph!
Darn Audi drivers...get outta the way!

Luck has a lot to do with getting out of a ticket. Attitude helps too. I've managed to avoid citations by admitting my guilt, showing a little remorse and being polite. If you weren't a "gross offender" and the cop appreciates your obvious humility, odds are he'll go easy on you.

Very interesting thread!
Old 3/4/05, 07:02 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Know what I always wondered?
WTF is Vascar?
Old 3/4/05, 07:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by exc911ence+March 3, 2005, 9:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(exc911ence @ March 3, 2005, 9:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Merlot@March 3, 2005, 6:44 PM
Now the truth is coming out. First of all, our 100 Series highways are mostly 100-110 kmh. [60-65 miles an hour] Usually if there is quite a distance between exits, with no houses, or people, they are 120 kmh. and the law won't bother you. Reason is, your out in the boonies, away from the population. When you push it to 120 out of these areas, your treading on very thin ice. 80 kmh's in a 120. that's 40 over. If it's an 80 zone, that's quite a difference. I bet there's houses close by. Hence the 80. O, and let me see, pedestrians deserve to get hit at 9:30 pm. Sound like you have a lot of growing up to do. I lost a 5 year old cousin, many years ago, on account of someone with the same attitude as yours, and pretty well under the same circumstances. With a comment like that, you're putting out the wrong message for some of those younger people who have an 05 mustang.

Also, with a comment like that, it tells me your not very mature.

Now thats what I call the taxpayers money working.

I hope the fine was excessive. I also hope you got air bags. down the road I think you'll need them! Kudos to the cop! Job very well done. :nono:
First of all, please read the entire sentence before you flame someone. I did say, "OK, not really but you catch my drift." after the pedestrian comment but I guess your A.D.D. had kicked in by that point. Secondly, I didn't kill your cousin so don't lay your guilt trip on me. Thirdly, I only started this thread as a warning to others that their new car might grant them more unwanted attention than they think, not because I was offended to be ticketed for speeding. The fact that I paid the ticket the next day sort of shows that. It was the circumstances that bugged me, not the fine. :nono:
[/b][/quote]

I did, but you still said it ,and to me that thought should have never even crossed your mind. Just shows how irresponsible you are towards others, especially predestrians. And as far as my cousin goes, I did'nt say you killed him. Read my post! But what I was implying is that if someone is speeding, and does not have control over their vehicle, which apparently you did'nt, [120 in an 80] people can get killed. Obviously you never had control over your vehicle. Thats why you were stopped. Like I said before Kudos to the cop. :nono:
Old 3/4/05, 08:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@March 4, 2005, 8:05 AM
WTF is Vascar?
Isn't that where they race around a track in all those stickered-up cars down south?
Old 3/4/05, 08:04 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by IWantMyNewGT+March 4, 2005, 10:03 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IWantMyNewGT @ March 4, 2005, 10:03 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@March 4, 2005, 8:05 AM
WTF is Vascar?
Isn't that where they race around a track in all those stickered-up cars down south?
[/b][/quote]

Thats what comes to my mind every time I drive into Virginia..
Old 3/4/05, 08:24 AM

So how many of the people here giving out their free legal opinions actually have a State Bar card in their pocket? You have to remember every time you read a post about an encounter with law enforcement that there are always three sides to the story, the violator's side, the officer's side, and the TRUTH. :tex:
Old 3/4/05, 01:21 PM
GT Member

Merlot, again, my condolences for your cousin- there's no positive side to that story. But, in the guy's defense, you can't really tell him he was out of control. Those words are just a little too harsh. He didn't wreck, didn't hit anyone, he just got stopped. If he had gotten into an accident, I'd agree with you, but just speeding isn't being "out of control", at least not from a driving standpoint. And 120kph in an 80? Isn't that like 23-24 mph over? (math was never my strong point, and sorry I have to switch into mph, still not that great with metric) There are TONS of stories on this forum of ppl doing well over that. Street racing stories going over 130 MPH! Thats a lot closer to being out of control in my book (not that you can't drive 130 and still be in control, I've done it a few times, and always felt confident in my abilities) As I've said b4, I'm a bit farther south than you boys, I don't know how your highway systems are, but in KC there are plenty of highways where ppl habitually go those kinds of speeds over.
Old 3/4/05, 03:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by holderca1+March 3, 2005, 4:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(holderca1 @ March 3, 2005, 4:02 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-flight96@March 3, 2005, 3:49 PM
MISS-USE OF HEADLIGHTS!!!!
How exactly do you misuse your headlights?
[/b][/quote]

I had my hi-beams on in town... :nono: ...
Old 3/4/05, 05:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Cthulhu@March 4, 2005, 2:24 PM
Merlot, again, my condolences for your cousin- there's no positive side to that story. But, in the guy's defense, you can't really tell him he was out of control. Those words are just a little too harsh. He didn't wreck, didn't hit anyone, he just got stopped. If he had gotten into an accident, I'd agree with you, but just speeding isn't being "out of control", at least not from a driving standpoint. And 120kph in an 80? Isn't that like 23-24 mph over? (math was never my strong point, and sorry I have to switch into mph, still not that great with metric) There are TONS of stories on this forum of ppl doing well over that. Street racing stories going over 130 MPH! Thats a lot closer to being out of control in my book (not that you can't drive 130 and still be in control, I've done it a few times, and always felt confident in my abilities) As I've said b4, I'm a bit farther south than you boys, I don't know how your highway systems are, but in KC there are plenty of highways where ppl habitually go those kinds of speeds over.
Harsh or not, it's called reality. There's never a positive side to a child getting killed, no matter who's child it is. 120 in an 80. Thats 40 over. Apparently, he could'nt control his speed. Thats why he got hauled over. He was lucky he got stopped, before he hit a perdestrian. [ I forgot! it was 9:30 at night, and perdestrians should'nt be out ] The "TONS" of street racers as you put it, going 130 mph; that luck only holds up so long. As far as you being confident in your abilities at 130 mph, don't worry, I've seen "TONS" of them! Sooner or later, their called "casualties"
Old 3/4/05, 06:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Merlot, how could I possibly be "out of control" doing 70 mph in a 145mph car? The fact that I wasn't flat out dictates that I was in control of the car. This isn't the place to force your ideals down other people's throats... save it for church.

Quick Reply: This car is a heat score!