2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anyone ever order from Mustangtuning.com

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/05, 06:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread really just underscores the fact that Americans are quite spoiled. Instant gratification is a way of life now in America. I mean, really, we're talking about a cat back exhaust system here, not 4 units of plasma so someone can continue to live.

The practice of billing a credit card prior to product shipment is not a new one. In the age of just in time delivery etc, especially small businesses cannot afford to float that kind of money. If your order is $250 and he has 30 orders for them, on JUST THAT ITEM, you can imagine how much capital he would be out of pocket on. Small businesses often cannot swing that kind of flow.

I really think this is just a case of exercise some patience and relax. Your car operates just fine without the part you're waiting for, and just imagine how happy you'll be when it finally gets delivered. If you approach it this way, when it gets there, all you'll say is "well it'a ABOUT TIME, I waited long enough".

Enjoy your car and relax. There's plenty of time to mod and have fun.
Old 4/27/05, 08:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt@April 27, 2005, 6:58 AM
This thread really just underscores the fact that Americans are quite spoiled. Instant gratification is a way of life now in America. I mean, really, we're talking about a cat back exhaust system here, not 4 units of plasma so someone can continue to live.

The practice of billing a credit card prior to product shipment is not a new one. In the age of just in time delivery etc, especially small businesses cannot afford to float that kind of money. If your order is $250 and he has 30 orders for them, on JUST THAT ITEM, you can imagine how much capital he would be out of pocket on. Small businesses often cannot swing that kind of flow.

I really think this is just a case of exercise some patience and relax. Your car operates just fine without the part you're waiting for, and just imagine how happy you'll be when it finally gets delivered. If you approach it this way, when it gets there, all you'll say is "well it'a ABOUT TIME, I waited long enough".

I expect only two things from a company I order a product from.

1) Communication as defined in articles a thru f

1a) Confirmation email of order receipt

1b) Confirmation email of order processing, this would include any problems found with the order such as my stated creditcard problem.

1c) Follow up emails if unforeseen circumstances arise such as the product not being in stock and can not be shipped until Monday.

1d) Additional follow up emails if further unforeseen circumstances arise such as the product not arriving in their Monday shipment.

1e) Confirmation email of order shipment, including tracking number if applicable.

1f) If I choose to cancel my order I expect a response acknowledging
my request. When I requested to cancel my order at 2:35pm on 04-25-05 I
didn't expect to wait until 4:50pm on 4-26-05 before I got an acknowledgment.

2) The Product

I don't think this is to much to ask from anyone doing buisness online.
Old 4/27/05, 02:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by klous+April 27, 2005, 8:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(klous @ April 27, 2005, 8:33 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-97svtgoin05gt@April 27, 2005, 6:58 AM

1b) Confirmation email of order processing, this would include any problems found with the order such as my stated creditcard problem.

1c) Follow up emails if unforeseen circumstances arise such as the product not being in stock and can not be shipped until Monday.

1d) Additional follow up emails if further unforeseen circumstances arise such as the product not arriving in their Monday shipment.

1e) Confirmation email of order shipment, including tracking number if applicable.

2) The Product

[/b][/quote]

Klous, let me guess, you also expect all this and a price that will beat Wal Mart right??

Old 4/27/05, 02:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt+April 27, 2005, 2:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(97svtgoin05gt @ April 27, 2005, 2:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by klous@April 27, 2005, 8:33 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-97svtgoin05gt
@April 27, 2005, 6:58 AM

2) The Product

Klous, let me guess, you also expect all this and a price that will beat Wal Mart right??

[/b][/quote]

I see no correlation between good customer service communications and price.

You argument is that people arn't entitled to this level of communication if the price is cheap, or that this level of communication should only be provided to those that pay more?

I mean what I said.

I expect communication to be on this level for anyone doing buisness online, people not able to offer this level of communications shouldn't be doing buisness in a communications driven medium such as the internet. Companies not able to offer this degree of communications should stick with catalog order and walkin customers.
Old 4/27/05, 11:06 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Man this thread just became a rabbit hole.. for us to jump into... so here I go jumping in!

I have to say the comment about Americans is ignorant and totally uncalled for.. generalizing a culture or people based on a few individuals is uneducated.. but what ever. :notnice:

Decent customer service is expected all over the world, not just in the USA. Customer service is required to be a competative business and survive in a cut throat world of internet companies which reputations/sucesses are made or broken by word of mouth, forums and email.
I believe that seeing a response by MT shows that Chris understands this and made an attempt to stem the perceived damage being done, WHY else would he post?.

Airbus and Boeing is another example of competing to be the best in all aspects of the respective companies products and services - INCLUDING customer service - which can often make or break a aircraft deal.