2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Any Manual Owners Wish They'd Chose Automatic?

Search this Thread

Old 9/21/06, 07:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FRITZ
Some of us old construction guy's with bad knees, have to drive an auto.
Now there is a man that has something intelligent to say!
Old 9/21/06, 07:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Bullit is another member like myself with a very sarcastic sense of humor. Just an FYI.
Old 9/21/06, 09:12 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
DRIVING AN AUTOMATIC MEANS NEVER HAVING TO SAY "I MISSED 2ND GEAR".

3rd seems to be the most trouble for people.
Old 9/21/06, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by neil07gt
It depends how you use it. Do you use all 6 speeds in the 1/8 or 1/4 mile. I think not. Post some pics of the Z06.
I'm not really sure if he even has a bicycle.
I know he doesn't have a 4 speed auto 2005+ Mustang.
Old 9/21/06, 09:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
I had an auto in my 1998 'Stang - I hated it!!! Made a solemn vow never to have an auto 'Stang again. My current stick 'Stang ROCKS and I wouldn't have it any other way.

PLUS... that auto shifter appearance doesn't exactly rock my world either...
Old 9/21/06, 10:54 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Both the Canadian and American Constitutions allow individuals "Freedom" & "Freedom of Choice". As such car buyers can buy a mustang in either automatic or manual transmission mode. I agree with whoever made the statement that the idea that a sports car has to be manual transmission is basically BS. I have an automatic and shift gears as I go when the need arises. I certainly do not look down on mustang owners with manual transmissions. If there is a general consenus that all mustangs should be manual in the future then this is something that should be taken up directly with FORD USA rather than brow beat an individual for his personal preference. Just so you are aware my next vehicle is a 2007 Vista Blue Mustang GT/CS with a manual transmission.
Old 9/21/06, 11:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jaxxon
The first words out of everyones mouth after they heard I had bought a new '05 Mustang GT, was " YOU GOT A FIVE SPEED, RIGHT? " to which I answered YES, and then came the " OHHH, THATS SO COOL! ". Not a one asked if it was an automatic.

hahahaha that's a good one
Old 9/21/06, 06:15 PM
GT Member

I'll have to agree with 1Bullitt; he got the sentiment exactly but I wouldn't have put it quite like that. Well then again I probably would have put it exactly like that. What would Arnold say?

To answer the question - NO. But I do know 2 auto people who have driven my 07 manual and wish they had ordered a manual as well.
Old 9/21/06, 06:25 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k5GTC

Bullitt, you should THINK before you type. Perhaps then you would not make such stupid, biased, and absolutely dumb*** remarks...

OK!
I am THINKING you wear a 38DD.

Old 9/21/06, 06:46 PM

Bowtie vs. blue oval

Yes, I was being sarcastic with my post. For Christ’s sake do you really think that auto transmission owners go to sleep while driving? I wrote the post to highlight the stupidity/immaturity of manual owner posts.

Zora Arkus Duntov the godfather of the Corvette stated that he felt the automatic transmission was superior to the manual (check out his autobiography). He is a Lemans winning racer. I am not a bow tie die hard. Both bow tie and blue ovals co- exist in my garage! Check the attached link.

Review the previous posts with an unbiased mind and I think most persons will see an immature prejudiced mind spitting pejoratives to the elderly, handicapped, etc.. to those that choose or must have an automatic trans.

Talk your smack to me to me about handicapped, elderly, bad knees after you have lived a full life. Till then I think some of the **** you are posting (manual vs. automatic) is just what it is “****.†What will you say when an auto beats you at the strip? “It was an auto and I missed my shift.†A loss is a loss and a win is a win.

I love all american muscle cars mustang and corvette are my favorite. I don't care who makes them..... I love them both so KMA....
Attached Thumbnails Any Manual Owners Wish They'd Chose Automatic?-bowtieblueoval.jpg  
Old 9/21/06, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Glenns
Yes, I was being sarcastic with my post. For Christ’s sake do you really think that auto transmission owners go to sleep while driving? I wrote the post to highlight the stupidity/immaturity of manual owner posts.
Talk your smack to me to me about handicapped, elderly, bad knees after you have lived a full life.
I love all american muscle cars mustang and corvette are my favorite. I don't care who makes them..... I love them both so KMA....
Welcome.
You post was rather brazen for a new member. It seemed as though you were a juvenile Mustang flamer who didn't even know the new cars come with only 5 speeds (man or auto).
Sarcastic posts are always welcome, but without knowing anything about you it was very difficult to ascertain your intent.
What really bothered me was that a true racer knows that it is not how many gears, but the ratios (both gearbox and diff) and that the top gears are mostly useless for racing in most cars ( i.e. 5th or 6th)
My mother always said take it from whence it comes.. and not knowing you, your post seemed worthless.
Old 9/21/06, 08:16 PM
Cobra R Member

no and i never will
Old 9/21/06, 08:45 PM
GT Member

Whomever is willing to pay out the monthly payments on a $26,000+ car purchase is the only person in the world that gets to choose which is better. Period. End of story.

For all those that want to drive a stick, good on ya, because I felt the same way, and I waited 10 years to learn to drive a stick before I finally got my 'Stang.

And for the rest that drive autos, good on ya too, At least you had the presence of mind to buy a real car (Ford).

And for the ones that want to bash on someone else's choice - and at the risk of sounding to mushy - don't ya'll think there is enough other **** in this world to pick a fight over? There's a difference between good-natured teasing and flat out insults. these forums are meant to be open and welcoming to enthusiasts, so maybe we should try to keep it open and welcoming, huh?

But what do I know, right?
Old 9/21/06, 08:54 PM
GTR Member

AHH, Another post risen from the dead... i used to go jogging but I kept spilling my drink Same reason I got an auto
Old 9/21/06, 08:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

OK!
I am THINKING you wear a 38DD.

And I KNOW you are the back side of a horse.
Old 9/21/06, 09:49 PM
GTR Member

My brother in law has a Cobra 2001 I think,over 1000 Hp,drag races and had the manual transmission replaced with an auto to help his time. He must not know what he's doing
Old 9/21/06, 10:18 PM
Bullitt Member

I have a V6 Manual, and i do wish i had an Automatic. I think the reason many people buy Manual mustang's, is because they have two vehicles, a truck and the mustang for example. For me, the Mustang is my only car, i drive it everywhere, to work and back every day, and it just gets old, constantly shifting all the time. I do wish i had an automatic for that calm drive home at the end of the day.
Old 9/21/06, 11:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Giddyup
I was thinking about this on the way home from work this morning......and how glad I am that I am not shifting manually right now. This automatic is the nicest I think I've ever had in a car without the help of shift-kit. I know if I would have bought a manual for a Grand less, I would be kicking myself right now.
How can I say this, oh, hell no!
Old 9/22/06, 04:46 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k5GTC
And I KNOW you are the back side of a horse.

Join the Air Force and request, better yet, make that insist on flying the new F-767s with the enhanced auto-pilot feature.

Old 9/22/06, 05:13 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I went auto with the first one- because there were no manuals and I wanted instant gratification.

After driving my hubbys manual though- that's the way to go!! Too bad he only lets me drive it once in a blue moon, because driving it is the way a mustang is meant to drive.

Quick Reply: Any Manual Owners Wish They'd Chose Automatic?