2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2/14/05 AUTOWEEK & SVT

Search this Thread

Old 2/12/05, 02:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by PONY XPRESS@February 12, 2005, 4:41 PM
Don't try to pass on your statement to others. You state in your sig a Nissan & an 05' Stang. All the other sigs that I have seen they clearly state their order date options, etc. Take responsibility for your post & don't try to say "others do it". It shows a real lack of character.

As far as your dad having 30 years experience in the automotive business. Your either a slow learner or your dad didn't share to much with you about the industry.

At this point in time I don't even believe you have a car on order, but if you do I can tell your going to be disappointed. Since you harp on the vette & all those great IRS cars why don't you buy one instead.

This is my last post on this matter. As stated in my second post it still amazes me how ignorant people are of IRS & solid axle.
Boy do you like to argue about nothing and/or hear yourself ramble on in incoherent rants. Did I ever state I had a 05 GT in my possession?? Let me talk slowly, N O! I am not trying to fool anyone, in fact it would be simple to fool you because you have trouble comprehending simple concepts. You don't know me, so please don't comment on my charachter. I won't comment on your charachter, others can see realize it in your postings. You say you have 40+ years in the automotive industry, so that would make you somewhere in your mid 50's, rather your postings in this thread show a maturity level of a person my age (23).

I am neither a slow learner and my dad tells me a great deal about his business. He tells me product details of upcoming vehicles every so often. His company deals with Ford, DCX, GM, BMW, and Nissan. I can tell you this though, Ford will not give an outside source the R&D figures, costs, accounting figures etc. without it being leaked out illegally. Those are the intellectual rights of the company and Ford will darn sure do everything they can to protect it.

As for me talking about Vettes and other "great" IRS cars, I would love to buy one, but not at my current income.
Old 2/12/05, 03:00 PM

Lets just finish this thread, and leave the personal differences aside. There is obvious fundamental differences in opinion that will not be resolved, and now its getting down to picking over what cars are listed in someones sig. COME ON!! :bang:
Old 2/12/05, 03:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by holderca1@February 12, 2005, 4:43 PM
Then's what is with all the banter back and forth, obviously IRS is not as important to you as other features.
The banter back and forth would have never started, had it not been for Mr. Pony. I would have gladly welcomed IRS on the GT, heck even paid money for it as an option. I feel in love with the car and as they say love is blind. I settled on not having an IRS suspension, but feel that per what SVT execs have said in terms of the direction that they want to take SVT into, it should be standard on the Cobra.
Old 2/12/05, 03:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Soccer2789@February 12, 2005, 5:03 PM
Lets just finish this thread, and leave the personal differences aside. There is obvious fundamental differences in opinion that will not be resolved, and now its getting down to picking over what cars are listed in someones sig. COME ON!! :bang:
I liked your original post, I could have really ran with that one
Old 2/12/05, 03:10 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by max2000jp+February 12, 2005, 4:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(max2000jp @ February 12, 2005, 4:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>The banter back and forth would have never started, had it not been for Mr. Pony.
[/b]

It takes two to tango so don't put the blame entirely on his shoulders.

Originally posted by max2000jp@February 12, 2005, 4:07 PM
I would have gladly welcomed IRS on the GT, heck even paid money for it as an option. I feel in love with the car and as they say love is blind.
All I was basically saying was that IRS isn't that important to you since you can buy cars such as an RX-8 or 350Z for basically the same price with IRS. Just on your list of priorities, IRS is not at the top.

<!--QuoteBegin-max2000jp
@February 12, 2005, 4:07 PM
I settled on not having an IRS suspension, but feel that per what SVT execs have said in terms of the direction that they want to take SVT into, it should be standard on the Cobra.
[/quote]

From what I have heard, the SVT version Mustang to be unveiled next month and the Shelby version will both have a SRA.
Old 2/12/05, 03:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by holderca1+February 12, 2005, 5:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(holderca1 @ February 12, 2005, 5:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
The banter back and forth would have never started, had it not been for Mr. Pony.
It takes two to tango so don't put the blame entirely on his shoulders.

I would have gladly welcomed IRS on the GT, heck even paid money for it as an option. I feel in love with the car and as they say love is blind.
All I was basically saying was that IRS isn't that important to you since you can buy cars such as an RX-8 or 350Z for basically the same price with IRS. Just on your list of priorities, IRS is not at the top.

<!--QuoteBegin-max2000jp
@February 12, 2005, 4:07 PM
I settled on not having an IRS suspension, but feel that per what SVT execs have said in terms of the direction that they want to take SVT into, it should be standard on the Cobra.
From what I have heard, the SVT version Mustang to be unveiled next month and the Shelby version will both have a SRA.
[/b][/quote]

I have no problem having a technical discusion, that's how you learn new things. Rather, I did have a problem when someone is knocking me because how my sig is listed.

It's funny you should mention the 350Z because that was the car I was going to buy. Long story short, I had a problem with Nissan and they lost a customer. A modern suspension is on the tops of my list, the GT is a good handling car, and an IRS would make it even better.
Old 2/12/05, 03:39 PM

Yea, i figured i had to be a bigger man than that, but how true it is sometimes....
Old 2/12/05, 05:03 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The whole IRS vs SRA has grown a bit tiresome. I could really care less what the rear suspension is like. It handles well enough for what I do with it. The way I think about it is that the Mustang is a muscle car, and if you think about it, it is the only muscle car left in the market today. 350Z, RX-8, Corvette, ect... are sports cars and are supposed to be more refined... I don't think of the Mustang as a sports car. A Mustang to me is supposed to a brute, rough around the edges, with plenty of muscle. If I wanted refinement, I would most likely get a BMW. Just my two cent and my opinion.
Old 2/12/05, 05:21 PM
Cobra Member

I'm with holdercar1. It's a muscle car............ Now I'm really going to add fuel to the fire. Since it's a muscle car and not a sports car, leave the 20 inch rims off this car. Yes, it's your car so do what you want with it though.
Old 2/12/05, 06:05 PM
Cobra Member

And there's the red Cobra mule I've heard about.

I emailed Brenda Priddy & Co after I found the black Cobra mule at Roush. Told her I think I took a picture of the Cobra mule, wasn't sure at the time what it was.

She was interested in it.. so I emailed her the link to where I had it stored :bang:

Too bad I wasn't in the area a week before. She was up here for the Auto show and spotted the red mule (which is what you see in the magazine article.) and snagged some pics.

She told me that because I had already popped the picture of the black mule online, that I lost some money And that red cars seem to rack in more money than the black ones too.

But she also gave me some good insight too.

Part of the reason I've cooled it with posting the pics online for right now. My current job situation stinks and if I can get paid for silly pictures.. (half the times I'm not even looking for anything, they just appear) then that would be a big bonus in my checkbook :worship: Student loans OWN me at the moment. haha

So.. back on the "hunt" for the weird silver one I saw. It was massive.. still slightly different than the black mule and the red mule.

Old 2/12/05, 06:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good luck Amy, just tell us who you sell the pics to so we can take a look.
Old 2/12/05, 06:13 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll take a guess that the silver one is the mule for the Carol shelby prototype with that big GT ford engine under the hood
Old 2/12/05, 06:21 PM
Cobra Member

If I know who buys them.. I'll try to pass the word on But don't think I'll even know who would be the buyers. I sell them to the company and then the company sells it to the buyer.

The silver one was very funky. Only saw it that one time and I had noooo clue what it was until it was right next to me. The "hood scoop" was flat black, and had the bolts but it came to a point at the nose of the hood.. from what I can remember of it.

It was very Mad Max looking and demanded FEAR!

And then there was the redfire V6 that didn't sound like a V6.
Old 2/12/05, 06:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

This is my last post on this matter.
Ya promise...?
Old 2/12/05, 08:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Did you notice that most of the SVT info in the Autoweek story matched a lot of what my source has told me and that I posted here weeks ago? Hopefully, "John" will be spot-on with the info. We'll see...

Amy, the pic of the black one is definitely a Cobra mule as is the red one in the Autoweek mag - both have now been confirmed by "John". He also told me a silver one has been on the streets in the last week, with a pre-production hood that has not been seen yet in photos. (It looks finished whereas the ones seen so far are rather crude.)

Have you seen it?
Old 2/12/05, 09:54 PM
Cobra Member

Steve.. I haven't seen the silver one in a good 2 months or so. It was really crude looking the time I saw it.

It was silver.. I think it had a white rear bumper.. HUGE black hood scoop that came to a point near the noise and of course.. black painted rims.

Hmmmmmmm.. I'll go back out this week and see if I can spot it.

The building I've been spotting them at, isn't a Ford building.. Except for the black Cobra that I caught at Roush.

Thanks for the heads up Steve.