2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Mah Awesome got a boo boo! :(

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/15, 09:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts

Poor Awesome got her front backed into by a semi. Not terrible, but dangit, why couldn't it have been a little higher and got the hood good enough to replace?!

We'll see how it goes, but the dang hood looks like it's just skint of paint, and not bent. Not sure how that thin thing didn't get mangled, but whatever. Unless it's just a 'known thing' that you don't repaint skint aluminum, I'm guessin' I get to keep the hood.

The bumper cover... well, it might be replaced, but it's a topside gouge.. I'm curious if they'll be able to fix it. As long as it looks/functions ok, no big, but... It'd be nifty to get a GT/CS bumper cover instead... just sayin'.

Bobo.

Scenario: Semi Truck Tractor decided to not go through the intersection at a yellow light (a little surprising), but I stop in time, not really expecting him to pull up short. As such, I sort of aim for to miss him to the right of his trucks' rear. He then decided he's not cool with being partly in the intersection, and before I can say "whoa, dude!", BLAP, he's in my car's grille, having backed up the distance. Or the bumper and hood anyway, grille looks ok, actually. I laid on the horn as hard as I could, but alas. "He didn't see me". Well, you wouldn't have seen the kid that had run between us either, I'd reckon. Maybe you should stop when you hear a horn next time.

Having said that... He was the *nicest* fellow, real apologetic and cooperative. Dang shame to meet him in these circumstances, but I couldn't have been more pleased to meet him in any event. Upstandin' guy. Exchanged the info, got stuff, talked, all good, near as I can tell.

Hopefully his company's insurance will be cool and it'll all get fixed on my poor baby without much fuss. We shall see.

Now, to anyone fussin' about my lights... yeah, they're due for new main housings, and the grille you see is already gone when the repairs start, for I have a Shelby one that's been waiting, so now'll be the time. I'mma get new housings from SVT for now, and then get the current ones polished and enamel clearcoated, and then store them until the SVTs are ready to swap, so lay offa me about it.

Anyway. Poor Awesome. But she'll be ok, and nobody's hurt.

Preemptive: This'll buff right out!
Old 8/6/15, 05:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Could take it to the body shop and have them quote for hood/front bumper replacement
Old 8/6/15, 05:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
It's already in process. Insurance for the other party is (so far) handling it.

Bumper cover is ripped through on the spot, so that's a given now.

The hood... She's gonna see what can be done, but it's ok if they have to keep it on there and repaint it. Just repaint the whole thing. And the place has a lifetime warranty on the paint and work, so... Free repaints forever.

Hey, they said, so...
Old 8/13/15, 05:04 PM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I hate that man, but I'm glad your in good spirits. Hopefully it will be made right again soon.