Old 2/12/05, 11:40 AM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hood scoop is not a keeper, just their to hold in the 5.4
Old 2/12/05, 11:43 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by stoic21@February 12, 2005, 1:39 PM
That's kind of a pot calling the kettle black thing aint it. Plus you can't throw in the "my friend has such and such that will do 3 sec in the 1/4, cause someone always has a friend with a car that is faster. Also don't get into the pos rice debate because it has been discussed at great length and on this site you'll lose. No one will convince me that what they do is cool and I won't convince them that they are idots, no matter what I say. Your on an american car forum board with many people with the complete oppsite view as you and any of you friends with sed Fart can. Pick your battles is all i'm saying.
Pot calling the kettle black? What are you talking about? I have a couple of friends that have real quick imports; why would I lie. All of them are turbocharged. I like all cars, domestic or foreign. I go on foreign message boards and respect people over there, even though I bought an american car.

Back on topic...
Old 2/12/05, 11:49 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
to those that think those are the z06 wheels...or fr500s...you are totally retarded

uh....those are the 2005 upgrade wheels
Old 2/12/05, 11:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by max2000jp+February 12, 2005, 12:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(max2000jp @ February 12, 2005, 12:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by PONY XPRESS@February 12, 2005, 9:14 AM
Originally posted by max2000jp@February 12, 2005, 1:11 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-PeterPienaar
@February 11, 2005, 9:54 PM
I'll make just one comment on the SRA/IRS dustup, and then shut my mouth:

You might be aware the '05 Mustang Grand Am racecar, with a live axle, came in ahead of the M3 (among countless others). That tells us something: Ford has the technology to make a live axle that can keep up (at least) with the M3 handling.

It may be of interest to note that Ford is targeting the M3 with its new Cobra.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the 05 Mustang is factory backed and the M3 isn't. Multimatic created the Grand Am cars for Ford. I don't know if BMW's M division worked with the teams to tune the vehicles.

Give me a brake.

The Mustang wins it first race out of the box. The winning driver had limited time to test the car because it was late being delivered. Now you bring politics into the equation to try & take away from the victory.

The BMW has had quite a bit of development & is a very fast car.

My first street kill was a new M3. Thread someplace on forum.

Do you have anything nice to say about the Mustang? I asked you 2 times what you don't like about the way your 05' handles & you have not answered me. Either you have never driven one & don't know what your talking about, or your a troll.

I make this assumption because everyone who has driven the 05' loves it.

PS: Do you have a "fart can" on your Nissan? I bet you do. If so you better read my mission statement.
Do you have problems with reading comprehension? When have I said anything negative about the 05 GT? Never. I stated that a SRA is inferior, which it is. Argue all you want, but chassis/suspension engineers whom have many more years of experience will disagree. I don't have my Mustang yet (on order since Nov 7), nor have I driven one on the track so I cannot tell you how it handles at the limits. On the test drive while pushing in the turns, the rear felt unsettled, that is what I dislike. A IRS rear suspension would probably cure this. I am sure that I will also like the terminal understeer and body roll as well. The car handles well, but it isn't close to being one of the better handling cars I have driven.

As for my Nissan, no it doesn't have a fart can, but who cares if it did. I have seen some outragous riced out Mustangs as well. Everyone has their own tastes. My friends car with a "fart can" would put numerous bus lengths on your 05 GT. In closing, keep your ignorant opinionated views to yourself.
[/b][/quote]

No, I don't have a problem with reading. I do have a problem with a BS'ER.

I caught you in a lie when confronted about the way your 05' handles. I had to ask you 3 times by braking your chops before you fessed up that you don't even own an 05'. Why don't you keep your comments to yourself till you get your car, put some miles on it & then come back to this forum with some intelligent comments

You come on this thread so knowledgeable about IRS. You have no clue about chassis dynamics. When you get out of your go kart & into a real car we can talk further about chassis technology.

Then you have a better idea as how Ford should build the Cobra & sell it for 40K.
Now you show your ignorance about manufacturing & marketing.

Your a dreamer. I think I hear your momma calling you & your ricer buddy who is going to kick my 05' for lunch.
Old 2/12/05, 11:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

keep your ignorant opinionated views to yourself.

That was the line I was talking about, and as for your friends cars, I didn't think you were lying at all, but you used it as a snide remark to defend your position and its one of those trivial points that doen't really have anythig to do with the conversation.
Old 2/12/05, 12:12 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by PONY XPRESS@February 12, 2005, 1:57 PM

I caught you in a lie when confronted about the way your 05' handles. I had to ask you 3 times by braking your chops before you fessed up that you don't even own an 05'. Why don't you keep your comments to yourself till you get your car, put some miles on it & then come back to this forum with some intelligent comments

You come on this thread so knowledgeable about IRS. You have no clue about chassis dynamics. When you get out of your go kart & into a real car we can talk further about chassis technology.

Then you have a better idea as how Ford should build the Cobra & sell it for 40K.

Your a dreamer. I think I hear your momma calling you & your ricer buddy who is going to kick my 05' for lunch.
Caught me in a lie? Again, reading comprehension owns you. When have I ever lied? I said I ordered the car, big deal. I test drove the car; I don't have to test drive the car 10K miles to see a fault in the car. Magazine writers sometimes only get to drive the cars for brief periods, but are able to write articles on the vehicles performance

I never claimed to be the most knowledgable about IRS; I think this statement stems back to your lack of reading comprehension. Again, answer me this.....Why does the Corvette/Z06, various Porsches, Ferraris, and BMW Ms use IRS? I am sure you have more knowledge of chassis dynamics and suspension engeering than they do. Why don't I know your name, because you would be a famous race engineer.

As for my idea of building a Cobra for 40K dollars, it was an idea. Do you have the internal figures that project how much it will cost to make the said vehicle? Are you the head of SVT's marketing program for the Cobra? NO, so keep your comments to yourself. I know Chevy can make the C6 for 44,510 with 400 hp, an IRS suspension, and a close ratio 6 speed. The C6 comes with a lot more luxury features than the Mustang does; knock some of those out of the package and it will come REAL close to 40K.

As for my ricer buddy, he would embarrass you and your basically stock GT. I wouldn't be running my mouth about taking out "ricers" in a bone stock vehicle.

Again, keep your opinions to yourself.
Old 2/12/05, 12:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by stoic21@February 12, 2005, 1:59 PM

That was the line I was talking about, and as for your friends cars, I didn't think you were lying at all, but you used it as a snide remark to defend your position and its one of those trivial points that doen't really have anythig to do with the conversation.
Gotcha....My point was that I could also point out "riced" out Stangs, but I keep my mouth shut. Just because the car has a large tipped muffler doesn't mean the driver is a ricer, that's where my comment was pointed towards. I can posrt numerous videos of 1000+ rwhp Supra's with loud and obnoxious mufflers. He pointed me to his "mission statement" in his sig, which is funny IMO. I used my friends car (with large tipped muffler) to show that my friend's car would disprove his sig.
Old 2/12/05, 12:35 PM
Cobra Member

Old 2/12/05, 12:39 PM

I think we can sum this argument up like this, before it gets too personal.

We all know (or should accept) that IRS (when properly settup) is much a better technology than a solid axle. Those that dont agree, well persuasive arguments backed with evidence are useless to you, and I think we should all stop trying to convince you, because just like so many politicians in this country, you will never change your mind.

We also all know that the cobra has a price cap, and this could be why it wont have IRS. I personally think this is BS to the nth degree, but that is my opinion. We will just have to wait and see tests/reviews/sales reports to see if this was an error

Lets all remember why we first came to this forum, to talk about the new mustang. Everyone step back for a second, realize we have a common bond here (the new mustang), and try to get along......

Jason
Old 2/12/05, 12:41 PM
Cobra Member

Old 2/12/05, 12:41 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i kno this is but PONY XPRESS, could you please shorten ur sig just a tad? maybe just eliminate the extra apace inbetween each line? its kinda long i mean it does take up half of my screen....

...sorry if i sound rude and annyoing but hey, im 15

no hate intended
Old 2/12/05, 12:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ahhh...you can just "feel" the love in this thread.

I love the new Mustang, but I do wish Ford would pull its whole operation further into the 21st century. I know some people are fearful of change, but if the company wants to become a profitable, leading edge manufacturer, it needs to learn a few things from the global competition. I won't even start the interior plastics debate again...which isn't debateable IMHO.

Certainly in everyday driving...even spirited everyday driving, the new Mustang chassis' other attributes will give it enough chops to run with most higher priced cars. It's when you get on bad pavement and push the car closer to the limits that the rear-end gets a little squirrely.

You can't change the laws of physics, and just as front wheel drive cars have certain handling drawbacks at the limit (i.e torque steer)...so does a live rear axle. It also has the advantage of being virtually bullitproof and easier to beat on...which is probably what Ford expects alot of its owners will do at the weekend track meets.

I drove a new Acura RSX and pushed it hard at high speed into corners. I couldn't believe how well-controlled the torque steer was...it was all but absent. Amazing.

If you can build a front wheel drive sports coupe that has virtually no torque steer at the limit - you can certainly build a rear wheel drive performance car like the Mustang with a well designed solid rear axle that will handle relatively well at the limit. And by most reports in the automotive press, Ford clearly has.
Old 2/12/05, 12:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by max2000jp+February 12, 2005, 1:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(max2000jp @ February 12, 2005, 1:15 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-PONY XPRESS@February 12, 2005, 1:57 PM

Caught me in a lie? Again, reading comprehension owns you. When have I ever lied? I said I ordered the car, big deal. I test drove the car; I don't have to test drive the car 10K miles to see a fault in the car. Magazine writers sometimes only get to drive the cars for brief periods, but are able to write articles on the vehicles performance

I never claimed to be the most knowledgable about IRS; I think this statement stems back to your lack of reading comprehension. Again, answer me this.....Why does the Corvette/Z06, various Porsches, Ferraris, and BMW Ms use IRS? I am sure you have more knowledge of chassis dynamics and suspension engeering than they do. Why don't I know your name, because you would be a famous race engineer.

As for my idea of building a Cobra for 40K dollars, it was an idea. Do you have the internal figures that project how much it will cost to make the said vehicle? Are you the head of SVT's marketing program for the Cobra? NO, so keep your comments to yourself. I know Chevy can make the C6 for 44,510 with 400 hp, an IRS suspension, and a close ratio 6 speed. The C6 comes with a lot more luxury features than the Mustang does; knock some of those out of the package and it will come REAL close to 40K.

As for my ricer buddy, he would embarrass you and your basically stock GT. I wouldn't be running my mouth about taking out "ricers" in a bone stock vehicle.

Again, keep your opinions to yourself.
[/b][/quote]

Your sig states you own a Nissan & 05' Stang. After you are confronted you say, no I don't own the Stang it is on order. As far as I am concerned a 1/2 truth is a lie. You are basing your judgment of the car on a short test drive.

I have no problem with the more expensive cars using IRS. You pay for it & that's fine. The Cobra is staying true to the Mustang legend, "best bang for the buck."

As far as knowing my name & my credentials be rest assured I have almost 40years experience in the automotive industry & yes I do have contacts at all mayor manufactures through my marketing & R&D business.

As far as keeping my opinions to myself it aint going to happen. It obvious you don't like confrontation.
Old 2/12/05, 01:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by max2000jp+February 12, 2005, 1:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(max2000jp @ February 12, 2005, 1:21 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-stoic21@February 12, 2005, 1:59 PM

Gotcha....My point was that I could also point out "riced" out Stangs, but I keep my mouth shut. Just because the car has a large tipped muffler doesn't mean the driver is a ricer, that's where my comment was pointed towards. I can posrt numerous videos of 1000+ rwhp Supra's with loud and obnoxious mufflers. He pointed me to his "mission statement" in his sig, which is funny IMO. I used my friends car (with large tipped muffler) to show that my friend's car would disprove his sig.
[/b][/quote]

That you can point out all those riced out mustangs is the worst part, cause i can do the same thing. It bugs me about 3x more when I see a mustang riced out. But I understand where your coming from.
Old 2/12/05, 01:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by PONY XPRESS@February 12, 2005, 2:55 PM
Your sig states you own a Nissan & 05' Stang. After you are confronted you say, no I don't own the Stang it is on order. As far as I am concerned a 1/2 truth is a lie. You are basing your judgment of the car on a short test drive.

I have no problem with the more expensive cars using IRS. You pay for it & that's fine. The Cobra is staying true to the Mustang legend, "best bang for the buck."

As far as knowing my name & my credentials be rest assured I have almost 40years experience in the automotive industry & yes I do have contacts at all mayor manufactures through my marketing & R&D business.

As far as keeping my opinions to myself it aint going to happen. It obvious you don't like confrontation.
How many other owners have their ordered 05 Stang in their sigs, many. I placed a deposit on an 05 GT and have been waiting forever for the car. I never said I had a 05 GT in my posession. I never lied about anything; I could have well said I have 05 GT and you would have never known, since this is the internet. Instead of calling me a liar, you should appluad my honesty.

I honestly think that a 40K Cobra with IRS is highly feasible. Again, I will point to the C6. Lose the dual zone climate control, HIDs, tire pressure sensors, standard leather, etc etc and the C6 would be close to 40K. My father has 30 years in the Auto industry and has a ton of contacts at many manufacturers, but you would have to be crazy to think that they would release confidential corporate information, especially regarding the SVT Cobra.

I don't mind confrontation, but I do mind ignorant people. Your comment about ricer and falsly claiming I was a ricers shows a degree of ignorance.
Old 2/12/05, 01:49 PM
Bullitt Member

My guess is that Ford does not want to design an IRS setup that would be exclusive to the Mustang for cost reasons.

So what futur car will use the Mustang chassis and have IRS...
Old 2/12/05, 02:04 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by max2000jp+February 12, 2005, 12:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(max2000jp @ February 12, 2005, 12:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-TomServo92@February 12, 2005, 9:36 AM
I'm curious what year model your Nissan Maxima is? The reason I ask is that up until 2003, the Maxima had a solid rear axle, which is very unusual for a FWD car. I also recall that the Maxima was often lauded as the best handling FWD car of its day, ranking above other FWD cars with IRS.
My Maxima is a 2000 SE. It has a beam rear axle, which stinks. The 3rd Gen Maxima had a IRS rear suspension; you might remember Nissan calling it a 4 door sports car. When the 4th Gen came out, Nissan was in financial trouble and went with the beam suspension. Nissan stuck with it, until just recently when the 6th gen Maxima came out.
[/b][/quote]
Maybe this doesn't seem hypocritcal to others, but isn't strange that you keep saying that a SRA is inferior to IRS, but you keep buying cars with a SRA, what's up with that?
Old 2/12/05, 02:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by holderca1@February 12, 2005, 4:07 PM
Maybe this doesn't seem hypocritcal to others, but isn't strange that you keep saying that a SRA is inferior to IRS, but you keep buying cars with a SRA, what's up with that?
The Maxima I bought because I needed a car right away. I liked the car, it's a great car for the money and offers a great interior. I ordered the 05 GT because I love the styling and performance. IMO the new GT is one of the better bang for the bucks in the market. In a few years, if I can afford it, I will buy a Z06. At this point in my life, I cannot afford one.
Old 2/12/05, 02:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by max2000jp+February 12, 2005, 2:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(max2000jp @ February 12, 2005, 2:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-PONY XPRESS@February 12, 2005, 2:55 PM

How many other owners have their ordered 05 Stang in their sigs, many. I placed a deposit on an 05 GT and have been waiting forever for the car. I never said I had a 05 GT in my posession. I never lied about anything; I could have well said I have 05 GT and you would have never known, since this is the internet. Instead of calling me a liar, you should appluad my honesty.

I honestly think that a 40K Cobra with IRS is highly feasible. Again, I will point to the C6. Lose the dual zone climate control, HIDs, tire pressure sensors, standard leather, etc etc and the C6 would be close to 40K. My father has 30 years in the Auto industry and has a ton of contacts at many manufacturers, but you would have to be crazy to think that they would release confidential corporate information, especially regarding the SVT Cobra.

I don't mind confrontation, but I do mind ignorant people. Your comment about ricer and falsly claiming I was a ricers shows a degree of ignorance.
[/b][/quote]

Don't try to pass on your statement to others. You state in your sig a Nissan & an 05' Stang. All the other sigs that I have seen they clearly state their order date options, etc. Take responsibility for your post & don't try to say "others do it". It shows a real lack of character.

As far as your dad having 30 years experience in the automotive business. Your either a slow learner or your dad didn't share to much with you about the industry.

At this point in time I don't even believe you have a car on order, but if you do I can tell your going to be disappointed. Since you harp on the vette & all those great IRS cars why don't you buy one instead.

This is my last post on this matter. As stated in my second post it still amazes me how ignorant people are of IRS & solid axle.
Old 2/12/05, 02:40 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by max2000jp+February 12, 2005, 3:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(max2000jp @ February 12, 2005, 3:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-holderca1@February 12, 2005, 4:07 PM
The Maxima I bought because I needed a car right away. I liked the car, it's a great car for the money and offers a great interior. I ordered the 05 GT because I love the styling and performance. IMO the new GT is one of the better bang for the bucks in the market. In a few years, if I can afford it, I will buy a Z06. At this point in my life, I cannot afford one.
[/b][/quote]
Then's what is with all the banter back and forth, obviously IRS is not as important to you as other features.

Quick Reply: 2/14/05 AUTOWEEK & SVT