Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

Mustang 3.5L Ecoboost engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 5/24/16, 06:39 PM
Cobra Member

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
More wheel drama!

I sent the scratched wheel back and was expecting the new wheel to arrive today. When it didn't I contacted LMR only to find out they didn't ship the wheel because it was currently back ordered till the 1st of next month. They forgot to check that and apologized.

I told them to ship me back the scratched wheel and I would just live with it, he said he would give me a discount on it, I don't know how much yet.

What a circus
Old 5/25/16, 05:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ecostang
More wheel drama!

I sent the scratched wheel back and was expecting the new wheel to arrive today. When it didn't I contacted LMR only to find out they didn't ship the wheel because it was currently back ordered till the 1st of next month. They forgot to check that and apologized.

I told them to ship me back the scratched wheel and I would just live with it, he said he would give me a discount on it, I don't know how much yet.

What a circus
****. I'd be so frustrated. I'm sorry to hear.
Old 5/25/16, 12:47 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
More wheel drama!

What a circus
At least it sounds like the vendor is trying to do the right thing for a customer. Getting harder to find that these days.
Old 5/26/16, 12:01 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
I give LMR a lot of credit. They are at the very least addressing each concern of yours to try and make you happy. That's very rare these days!
However on your end that sucks but doable.
Old 5/26/16, 05:26 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
At least it sounds like the vendor is trying to do the right thing for a customer. Getting harder to find that these days.
Originally Posted by boss man
I give LMR a lot of credit. They are at the very least addressing each concern of yours to try and make you happy. That's very rare these days!
However on your end that sucks but doable.
I agree with you both, almost none of this was their fault.
Old 5/26/16, 10:28 PM
Cobra Member

Hptuners hasn't committed to a date for my tuning and I'm simply running out of time before the race. I reached out to MPT in Florida and they are all over it. They seemed really excited to tune the car and want to be part of the project. The bad part is I have to take the car to Florida, looks like I'll be headed to there on the morning of the 2nd. It's a 26 hr drive, it will be me and my 8yr old son making the road trip. I'll leave Florida and drive straight to Ohio for the race.

I've got a 24' enclosed trailer but I'm going to trade it in next week on an 18' open car hauler. The car will be so much easier to pull without all the wind resistance of the enclosed trailer and the weight reduction of a smaller trailer. I'll be using my 3.5 ecoboost f150 to tow it.....kind of ironic

If anyone doesn't know about MPT they are big in to ecoboost tuning. I knew about them already, I just didn't want to take the car to Florida so I was happy with hptuners. It's a long drive but I bet it will be worth it.

http://www.morepowertuning.com
Old 5/27/16, 03:52 AM
GT Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Hptuners hasn't committed to a date for my tuning and I'm simply running out of time before the race. I reached out to MPT in Florida and they are all over it. They seemed really excited to tune the car and want to be part of the project. The bad part is I have to take the car to Florida, looks like I'll be headed to there on the morning of the 2nd. It's a 26 hr drive, it will be me and my 8yr old son making the road trip. I'll leave Florida and drive straight to Ohio for the race.

I've got a 24' enclosed trailer but I'm going to trade it in next week on an 18' open car hauler. The car will be so much easier to pull without all the wind resistance of the enclosed trailer and the weight reduction of a smaller trailer. I'll be using my 3.5 ecoboost f150 to tow it.....kind of ironic

If anyone doesn't know about MPT they are big in to ecoboost tuning. I knew about them already, I just didn't want to take the car to Florida so I was happy with hptuners. It's a long drive but I bet it will be worth it.

I have a 91 octane street performance tune by MPT for my F150 Eco.
Have a safe road trip!
Old 5/27/16, 04:58 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
MPT knows their crap. I have a couple of tunes from them for my V6. They have been doing ecoboost tunes for years
Old 5/27/16, 07:44 AM
Cobra Member

Very good to hear

I was thinking of getting them to tune my truck while I'm in Florida and running it in the event as well. Would be in the truck class of course, I wouldn't win but it would be fun.
Old 5/27/16, 09:33 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is awesome! MPT is somewhat local to me so they'll be doing mine too when it's ready! I can't wait to see what numbers you put down!
Old 5/27/16, 09:55 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GatorV6
This is awesome! MPT is somewhat local to me so they'll be doing mine too when it's ready! I can't wait to see what numbers you put down!
I was wondering how far away you were from them, if it's not too far you should stop by while they are tuning it or on Saturday when the car is just sitting around. Would be cool to meet you in person, you could also look over my car to see if there's anything that might make your build any easier. I'll be there all day Saturday but they won't start working on the car until Sunday. They will be tuning it Sunday, Monday, Tuesday then I'm on the road to ohio.
Old 5/27/16, 04:19 PM
V6 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Very good to hear

I was thinking of getting them to tune my truck while I'm in Florida and running it in the event as well. Would be in the truck class of course, I wouldn't win but it would be fun.
Might as well.

That's a crazy road trip, but sounds like fun! Good luck!
Old 5/28/16, 09:53 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was wondering how far away you were from them, if it's not too far you should stop by while they are tuning it or on Saturday when the car is just sitting around. Would be cool to meet you in person, you could also look over my car to see if there's anything that might make your build any easier. I'll be there all day Saturday but they won't start working on the car until Sunday. They will be tuning it Sunday, Monday, Tuesday then I'm on the road to ohio.
Cool, I'll definitely stop by. Will you be there the whole time they're tuning it?
Old 5/28/16, 11:44 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Slowb00st
Might as well.

That's a crazy road trip, but sounds like fun! Good luck!

Thanks slowb00st!
Old 5/28/16, 11:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GatorV6
Cool, I'll definitely stop by. Will you be there the whole time they're tuning it?
Yes I'll be around every day but Saturday, I'm going to take my son to universal studios for the day.

I'll send you a pm soon with contact info, just give me a call when you know when you can come by and I'll make sure I'm around.
Old 5/28/16, 11:54 PM
Cobra Member

I do have some bad news, although the transbrake seems to be wired up properly it doesn't work. The green and red lights work as they should but the transmission is unaffected by triggering the transbrake. I've tripled checked the wiring and I'm sure it correct. The wiring is fairly simple and their instructions are clear. I'm assuming it's a bad unit, I've contacted JMS about the problem but I probably won't hear back from them until Tuesday. The problem is I need it for the race and I'm running out of time.

I swear this car is going to fight me the entire way.....
Old 5/29/16, 08:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I do have some bad news, although the transbrake seems to be wired up properly it doesn't work. The green and red lights work as they should but the transmission is unaffected by triggering the transbrake. I've tripled checked the wiring and I'm sure it correct. The wiring is fairly simple and their instructions are clear. I'm assuming it's a bad unit, I've contacted JMS about the problem but I probably won't hear back from them until Tuesday. The problem is I need it for the race and I'm running out of time.

I swear this car is going to fight me the entire way.....
Welcome to Mustang ownership. What you thought taming a Mustang would be easy?

But yeah, sorry to hear that man!
Old 5/29/16, 09:04 AM
Cobra Member

I know right! Seems like I've had a few extra issues than I should have, breaking the pinion was over the top. I thought it would be smooth sailing after that...wrong!
Old 5/29/16, 05:22 PM
Cobra Member

Wow it's amazing what the car looks like with the interior, I had forgotten!
Attached Thumbnails Mustang 3.5L Ecoboost engine swap-image.jpeg  
Old 5/29/16, 05:28 PM
Cobra Member

I really only have a few things left to do before I leave. I still need to wire up the steering wheel switches and the aux injector controller. I'm going to wash it and run a buffer over the car to shine it up some.

It's funny how I've worked on this car every available minute for a year and it will be ready just a few days before I need it to be.
Attached Thumbnails Mustang 3.5L Ecoboost engine swap-image.jpeg  

Quick Reply: Mustang 3.5L Ecoboost engine swap