Tms Members Photo Threads Misc. Years Tms Members Photo Threads Misc. Years

The TMS Dog Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/14, 10:44 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
yes blue amazons. I befriended a blue at a pet store a few years back. couldn't afford the $2k price but the staff always let him hop on my shoulder for a while
They can be pricey, but it's worth it if you get a socialized hand raised one. I'd like to get another one, but at this point one may outlive me! Grey's go about 50 years, but unfortunately mine was about 15 he (she?) died.
Old 2/2/14, 10:52 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
here's my oldest, Leto. He likes his new bed. probably wondering why the fire isn't burning. I'm sure he can't wait for superbowl. all that food falling on the floor lol

Name:  20140202_094918_zps7d7cf7b3.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  100.4 KB
Old 2/2/14, 11:18 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Looks like we may be keeping him. Any ideas for a name for him? We'll have to teach him a new name, that may be hard.

I thought about biscuit. He looks like a burnt biscuit, black on top, brown around the edges and white in the middle. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Reminds me of Yosemite Sam... "my biscuits are burnin!"
Old 2/2/14, 11:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Here is my puppy Duke ... Are they still puppies at 1 year old?

Name:  20131110_134515_zps9dd4fbbe.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  45.2 KB

Name:  2013-12-14152705_zps076b32cf.png
Views: 47
Size:  387.2 KB

Old 2/2/14, 11:55 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Love those chocolates. such loving eyes lol...hell yes, still puppies at 1!! My 1.25 year old still tries to curl up on my chest and nestle his muzzle under my chin.
Old 2/2/14, 05:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Looks like we may be keeping him. Any ideas for a name for him? We'll have to teach him a new name, that may be hard. I thought about biscuit. He looks like a burnt biscuit, black on top, brown around the edges and white in the middle. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Hah I like Biscuit!
Old 2/4/14, 08:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

OMG. This is old, but hilarious.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassa...-6z51?s=mobile
Old 2/4/14, 11:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
So I saw a dog wandering around down the road at the beginning of the week and didn't think much about it. Well the next day it started snowing and he was walking around in the road near the house looking lost and sniffing everywhere. He finally came up to the house and was really friendly and scared. It was supposed to get down around zero and be below freezing for 3 days. I couldn't leave him out in that so I let him come in and gave him an old blanket to lay on. He just laid down and didn't bother anything. Had a collar and a new flea collar, but no name tag. Called around to some of the people nearby and nobody was missing him or knew the dog. That was 4 days ago, took him to the pound today to be scanned for a microchip, didn't have one. Well, hes still here. Hope I can find out who he belongs to. . .
I applaud you sir. Maybe someday someone does claim him. Until then he's yours.
Old 2/4/14, 11:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Looks like we may be keeping him. Any ideas for a name for him? We'll have to teach him a new name, that may be hard. I thought about biscuit. He looks like a burnt biscuit, black on top, brown around the edges and white in the middle. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
His face reminds me of Bolt

Last edited by GrnT; 2/4/14 at 11:44 PM.
Old 2/7/14, 02:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pray for this poor dog

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1604820#bmb=1
Old 2/7/14, 02:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Bocefus
I didn't want to click the link, because I assumed this is what is was, but I clicked it anyways. I saw this the other day, and I'm still disgusted by it. Poor dog. I hugged our two a little tighter that night
Old 2/7/14, 03:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
I didn't want to click the link, because I assumed this is what is was, but I clicked it anyways. I saw this the other day, and I'm still disgusted by it. Poor dog. I hugged our two a little tighter that night
that video is so effing sad. My heart goes out to that dog. God **** savages.
Old 2/7/14, 05:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Bocefus
that video is so effing sad. My heart goes out to that dog. God **** savages.
Didn't watch the video. And I won't.
Old 2/7/14, 11:24 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I had to get rid of the dog. He growled menacingly at my boy over a treat on the floor, and snapped at the ol' lady over something. I just can't have that, I can't have a dog that is unpredictable when it comes to aggression. Can't deal with a kid getting bit, and damned sure not getting sued over something like that. Not to mention he ran straight out into the road when let out with no fear of cars at all. Couldn't stand the thought of him getting ran over, or causing a wreck and getting sued over it.

I hated to do it, but it had to go that way. At least it got us in a mood for a dog after many years, gonna build a fence and start looking for a shelter dog soon hopefully.
Old 2/8/14, 12:04 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Sorry to hear, but it sounds like it's for the best. I'd definitely try to find another one.
Old 2/8/14, 12:17 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Sorry to hear, but it sounds like it's for the best. I'd definitely try to find another one.
It was hard to do because he was so good in every other way. Fully house broken, had him in the house for over a week and never even came close to an accident. Would go to the door and sit when he needed out and come back to the door when he was finished (but would run in the road while he was out, a road with traffic doing 50 mph ) And was a great dog, would lay on a bed we made for him and stay there all night long, 10-12 hours. Never chewed on anything, never bothered anything. Just wanted to be near people and he was fine.

Just couldn't have the aggression that soon, he seemed to be getting protective of us and I couldn't have him like that when people came over.

It broke my heart to get rid of him and I can't stop thinking about him, but there is no way that behavior after one week could have turned out good in the long run.
Old 2/8/14, 01:54 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It broke my heart to get rid of him and I can't stop thinking about him, but there is no way that behavior after one week could have turned out good in the long run.
That's the only problem with getting an older stray. You don't know what situations they've had and what the triggers for bad behavior might be.

There's too many good dogs out there - younger ones that you can raise up from a pup - and therefore promptly correct/train if they act up.

Now the next thing you have to do is train the boy to stop stealing the dog biscuits! And get YOU to stop snapping at the ol lady.
Old 2/8/14, 02:27 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by cdynaco
That's the only problem with getting an older stray. You don't know what situations they've had and what the triggers for bad behavior might be.

There's too many good dogs out there - younger ones that you can raise up from a pup - and therefore promptly correct/train if they act up.

Now the next thing you have to do is train the boy to stop stealing the dog biscuits! And get YOU to stop snapping at the ol lady.
Hey, I'm a dog person, and I know them well. I don't brag about it but I am the guy that dogs gravitate to. I know how to train them, I know how to handle them.

He didn't try to steal anything from the dog, the dog took the treat to a rug under the pool table where he wasn't allowed to go. Dog bit the treat in half, boy told him "No" and took the other half of the treat to get him back to his part of the floor. Dog bared his teeth and growled at him, that **** isn't going to happen, if he does it to him, he'll do it to other kids.

And he snapped at the ol' lady out of the blue when she tried to move his food bowl to another part of the kitchen. If you're a dog person like me, you know that is aggressive behavior.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty good with dogs. A dog should never snap or growl at their human over a food bowl or a treat. They should be submissive and retreat until they are clear to eat. If you're not the master, you're the one being mastered.

I don't mean to dominate and berate a dog, but they have to know who is in charge and who controls the situation.

Sorry if that offends some of you dog lovers, but that is the way it is. I love dogs as much as anyone, but I will not let a dog control my life or household. I am the master, he/she is the controlled.

That is just the way it is. You've lost control of your household and are in danger when you let the animals take charge of the routine.
Old 2/8/14, 03:09 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Dogs like that belong with people who don't have kids or other pets, and they need to be fenced in and also need to have their behavior corrected. The older dogs require a much, much longer process to retrain them and make them understand what is and isn't ok. It's tough letting a dog go, any dog, because they're so well suited to companionship with people. Sometimes the situation just isn't right and doesn't allow for what the dog needs to be able to live in a given environment. I'm sorry, Lee.
Old 2/8/14, 06:31 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Sounds like it's probably for the best Lee

Quick Reply: The TMS Dog Thread!