That's a bit :gay:
Old 10/20/10, 07:51 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
That's a bit :gay:
Why? Were you picturing our wieners?

Maybe you're gay?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 10/20/10 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10/20/10, 08:12 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
I'm a taco lover myself, leave the overcooked sausage out of it!
Old 10/21/10, 10:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, lot of interesting comments. I meant the the rotors on the front are stock replacement and they measure 9 inches not the rear end. As far as the "other reference" I thought internet average was 10 inches lol.
Old 10/21/10, 03:01 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
I was always under the impression that your E-***** had to be bigger than anything else mentioned in the thread
Old 10/28/10, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by future9er24
put my wheels and adapters of for sale today, hopefully someone will pick those up soon. emailed the fiberglass leaf spring guys to get a word on pricing and what sprign rate. I'm modeling my suspension off of this guys:

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea..._ii/index.html

his car, however, had stock V8 springs (350lb/in) with a coil cut in the front and 225lb/in 'glass springs in the rear. I'm running 425lb/in springs in the front so i asked them what they'd recommend to supplement it. ive already got the same front shocks, the rears he has are like $30 each HECKSA cheap :P

i also asked for more info on their flextrack system:

i looks like its basically a special torque arm just for the fiberglass spring. asked for as much info as possible.

i revised my budget/plan for the II too. knocked it down from over $10K planned to $8500ish. did away with plans for a blower and decided on the trickflow twisted wedge top end system. trick flow si the only company that makes a head that you can use on an 86 motor. people on fox forums say they typically get a bit over 300rwhp with this kit. I originally wanted AFRs, but i'd need a new shortblock to go with it. and even with stock heads i cant put a cam on this thing because of the flat top pistons. im still looking around to see if i can use the trick flow kit's cam on the 86.

found out these wheels are still in productionin both 4 and 5 lug

debating on whether i should wait a while and get them in 5 lug after the conversion, or just put two of em on the back end for the staggered look. they are basically the same design as the 13s i have in the garage, so i could run the 13s out front and 15s out back

its not big news, but its news right?

why don't you go for some old type tuner wheels? i think those wheels look good but i think everyone has them, i would love to see some nice tuner staggered type wheels on ur car.
Old 10/28/10, 12:15 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
theres a few tuner styled wheels that appeal to me, but not alot. plus, even though everyone has these, no one has em on a II lol, not the bigger than 13" ones at least

and i'm such a sucker for these wheels lol
Old 10/28/10, 08:43 PM
Post *****

well i went home briefly today to take the wheels and adapters off since i found a buyer for em. guys coming to pick em up around noon tomorrow.

so here she sits with the good ol 13s again :P forgot to take another pic but i filled the tires back up with air. after all the sitting in the garage only the right rear tire held air. which is fine since tahts the only one that puts power to the ground

also i DEFINITELY need new brakes. the rotors are rusted to hell and i might as well use this as an opportunity to get the 11" brake kit
Attached Thumbnails *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-old-wheels-abck-.jpg  
Old 10/28/10, 08:46 PM
Post *****

also, you would not believe how good it felt to sit here again

plus i found out that SN95 seats bolt right in to the MII rails! just need to drill one hole lol
Attached Thumbnails *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-cockpit.jpg  
Old 10/28/10, 09:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
No, actually, I can believe it. I get that feeling every time I head out on Ride. It's so long in between journeys with her.

re: seats, That is also of '66 seat rails.

/but mine were '88 GTs.
//Btw, hella jealous of your picture, 'cause that means you were in it.
///Still miss the Orange Bomb.
Old 10/29/10, 06:02 PM
Post *****

got some more work done today. Finally put the brakes back on, which was alot more difficult than it had to be. seems that whatever idiot installed the super duper front suspension managed to tangle the brake lines in the process. on the drivers side i had to disconnect the UCA from the spindle and bring the caliper and line around just to even be able to get it to the mounting points.

the passenger side was even worse! i haad to drop the swaybar in addition to what i had to do with the UCA/spindle. then theres the WTF moment of realizing i disassembled (partially) the passenger side caliper, even though i didnt need to. i went into the haynes manual and the section on brakes shows you how to take it apart before it shows you how to remove it, so i must have been going along with those instructions on the pass side first, and then figured i didnt need to do it when i got to the other side. ahhh quality workmanship :P

anyhow the brakes are done. rusty and scary but done.put the car in N pushed it and tested them, they still work so thats a plus

after that i cut the last of the exhaust down from the hangers. i had to cut the whole of the exhaust from the manifold because the downpipe got in the way of some of the front suspension work back when i was doing that. its no big deal though because eventually i want to use some sort of standard mustang Hpipe down there for smogability.

after that i cleaned out all the junk in the car. found tons of parts, knicknacks, old clothes () old homework and even my UOP chemistry labcoat (i can impersonate scientists now!)

i ended the day by loading a few parts back in, the manifolds, and the second fuel pump for the dual pump EFI stuff, the accessory belt and a few other small parts. basically as it sits now, its ready to be taken off to the shop to get the EFI finished. im going to print out the fuel diagram for the dual pump setup and take some pictures down to the shop soon, just to bring it all up again/see when they are free, get a new estimate (just to be sure) etc. its 5pm now, so they're probably closed now and i dont think they work saturdays. maybe next friday i can go make my apointment or whatever, and hopefully have the car into the shop within a week or two

also i would like to let everyone know that from todays 6 hours of toiling on the II i have remembered just how painful it is to work on an old car :P my knuckles are banged up like you wont even beleive. I dont think i injure myself as much as i did today when im blacked out drunk at a party lol.

plus the wheels are sold now so i've got a little bit more cash to get this all done properly.
Old 11/2/10, 04:58 PM
Post *****

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=945ad8128b

took my baby to the shop today. and ironically enough, the tow truck driver remembered us what are the odds right? he remembered the house with teh two mustangs, especially the bullitt. he had towed my dads bimmer a few years ago lol

anyhow so im going back to the shop in a few to talk to the main mechanic. the way they do EFI conversions is that its $1500 minus whatever parts you already have. ive got a fair amount of the stuff, most of it in fact, so we can see how much they'll be able to drop. i'm really excited

also theres some pics of some of the other cool cars there. the owners 95 R race car for starters apparently that car is very well known at Infineon Raceway. the new manager just reorganized the whole place and is opening the shops free space. redid the office, and is redoing it like a classic speed shop from the 60s. all in all a productive day i suppose
Old 11/4/10, 02:20 PM
Post *****

went back to the shop today to give them a deposit and look over what theyve planned for the car. there are going to be alot of brand new parts on this car. its no longer gonna be "around $1500" like i thought but this car is going to get done right. brand new wiring harness from ford racing, it'll pass smog, and be utterly reliable. even finally getting some headers specific to my car made (since i cant use II headers or stock fox headers )

i also signed the work order today (theyve spent the last few days going through the car and figuring out exactly what it needs)

despite the saving up ive been doing though, i still dont have all the cash i'm going to need for the swap. I requested that they hold on to any parts they take off the car so i can turn those around and sell em locally to at least make some of my money back on that stuff. that should helkp quite a bit because theres alot of stuff under the hood thats just been sitting there since before the V8 was even in there. things like stock MII manifolds and stuff will help me make some money back.

at the same time ill be goiung through my parents garage and digging out all the old parts, maybe some old collectibles i have and ebaying the frick out of it all. that ends up being a win win, cleaning out the garage will make mom happy, and getting the extra cash will make me happy.

i'm sure i could have gotten this all done cheaper if i did it myself or went to a shadier shop.. but i think we all know how much work i get done on the car when im in berkeley and wiring is something that would pretty much destroy me. the car might never run if i didnt take it to this shop. besides ive seen alot of the cars theyve built. every single one has top notch work on it. even the beater cars that only go there for performance.. they may not look like show quality on the outside, but the moment you pop the hood everything is done right.

sigh, gotta love our moneypits right?
Old 11/4/10, 04:31 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
It'll all be worth it in the end.
Old 11/4/10, 06:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
went back to the shop today to give them a deposit and look over what theyve planned for the car. there are going to be alot of brand new parts on this car. its no longer gonna be "around $1500" like i thought but this car is going to get done right. brand new wiring harness from ford racing, it'll pass smog, and be utterly reliable. even finally getting some headers specific to my car made (since i cant use II headers or stock fox headers )

i also signed the work order today (theyve spent the last few days going through the car and figuring out exactly what it needs)

despite the saving up ive been doing though, i still dont have all the cash i'm going to need for the swap. I requested that they hold on to any parts they take off the car so i can turn those around and sell em locally to at least make some of my money back on that stuff. that should helkp quite a bit because theres alot of stuff under the hood thats just been sitting there since before the V8 was even in there. things like stock MII manifolds and stuff will help me make some money back.

at the same time ill be goiung through my parents garage and digging out all the old parts, maybe some old collectibles i have and ebaying the frick out of it all. that ends up being a win win, cleaning out the garage will make mom happy, and getting the extra cash will make me happy.

i'm sure i could have gotten this all done cheaper if i did it myself or went to a shadier shop.. but i think we all know how much work i get done on the car when im in berkeley and wiring is something that would pretty much destroy me. the car might never run if i didnt take it to this shop. besides ive seen alot of the cars theyve built. every single one has top notch work on it. even the beater cars that only go there for performance.. they may not look like show quality on the outside, but the moment you pop the hood everything is done right.
Hecksa paper Washingtons! But it'll be worth it once you get behind the wheel once more moving by it's own power
sigh, gotta love our moneypits right?
You're telling me!
Old 11/4/10, 06:37 PM
Post *****

HECKSA washingtons

almost enough washingtons to buy this:

http://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/2029681255.html

Quick Reply: *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup