Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/16, 01:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Drove it in blowing snow for the first time today. Hit a couple of slick spots and the electronic traction control did its thing. Good thing I have snow tires.

When does summer come back?
Old 12/18/16, 09:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Finally got the new MGW Race X Spec in last night. Holy hell. They made the install easier, but at least in my case, it requires 2 people now. I had no issues doing my 2nd gen by myself, other than the rubber boot. The rubber boot is still a PITA, I don't care how easy George makes it look in the video lol. It didn't help that I was working outside on jackstands in 35* cold. But, so far it feels good. Haven't test driven it yet, other than moving the car around. The throw isn't much shorter than the old one, but the shifter feels rock solid. In dry shifting, I hit every gear every time. With the old one, I could get lock out still, even when shifting around with the car off. The new one is also quieter in operation.

I still need to swap the front strut bearings, which I really wanted to do yesterday since I won't have another chance until Friday. So the poor car sits again. But, my wheels will FINALLY be done this week. Over 7 months. Utterly insane. I'm having a shift **** and set of Stainless Works axlebacks powder coated candy black with the outer lips of the wheels, so they all match. I can't wait to see it all together!
Old 12/18/16, 01:53 PM
GT-500 Member

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Finally got around to getting my 2013 GT500 rear rotors installed. Pads are supposed to arrive tomorrow
Old 12/18/16, 02:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarge
Drove it in blowing snow for the first time today. Hit a couple of slick spots and the electronic traction control did its thing. Good thing I have snow tires.

When does summer come back?
how much of a difference do winter tires make on these cars compared to all season?
Old 12/18/16, 02:46 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Finally got the new MGW Race X Spec in last night. Holy hell. They made the install easier, but at least in my case, it requires 2 people now. I had no issues doing my 2nd gen by myself, other than the rubber boot. The rubber boot is still a PITA, I don't care how easy George makes it look in the video lol. It didn't help that I was working outside on jackstands in 35* cold. But, so far it feels good. Haven't test driven it yet, other than moving the car around. The throw isn't much shorter than the old one, but the shifter feels rock solid. In dry shifting, I hit every gear every time. With the old one, I could get lock out still, even when shifting around with the car off. The new one is also quieter in operation.

I still need to swap the front strut bearings, which I really wanted to do yesterday since I won't have another chance until Friday. So the poor car sits again. But, my wheels will FINALLY be done this week. Over 7 months. Utterly insane. I'm having a shift **** and set of Stainless Works axlebacks powder coated candy black with the outer lips of the wheels, so they all match. I can't wait to see it all together!
Oh, I'm jealous! Glad to hear you like it. Maybe someday I'll pick one up. Can't wait to see the new wheels.
Old 12/18/16, 05:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Cavero
how much of a difference do winter tires make on these cars compared to all season?
I've never driven a Mustang in snow with all seasons, and I don't intend to. When the white stuff is deep and slippery, winter tires have always been much better than all seasons on every car I've ever driven.

I installed a C&L intake manifold spacer and SR Performance throttle body spacer today. It starts and idles fine with no idiot lights, so I think I put it together right; test driving it can wait for the freezing rain to stop and the ice cleared off the roads.

Last edited by Sarge; 12/18/16 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12/18/16, 06:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Cavero
When driving in snow or on ice, even cheap winter tires will out perform even the most expensive all seasons.
Old 12/18/16, 08:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38

Please post a review of it. I still go back and forth on doing the mgw race spec. My biggest concern is nvh. I've heard mixed reviews
Old 12/19/16, 04:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Considered selling it so I could buy this:

Name:  IMG_0346_zpsshcrv7z9.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  170.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0345_zpsxurytenq.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  194.8 KB
Old 12/19/16, 05:41 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,721 Likes on 1,224 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Considered selling it so I could buy this:
That's nice and all, but I honestly like your Shelby more.
Good luck!!
Old 12/19/16, 06:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
That's nice and all, but I honestly like your Shelby more.
Good luck!!
I did say "considered"

Honestly I don't think my wife would let me sell the Shelby. I'm not sure I want to. But I've always loved the '69 and '70 body style, not to mention the Mach 1's and Boss 302's and 429's.
Old 12/19/16, 06:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

I did say "considered"

Honestly I don't think my wife would let me sell the Shelby. I'm not sure I want to. But I've always loved the '69 and '70 body style, not to mention the Mach 1's and Boss 302's and 429's.
Shelby's are a dime a dozen compared to a 69 Mach 1 Cobra Jet, but I understand why your wife may not think so!
Old 12/19/16, 08:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Scott2
Shelby's are a dime a dozen compared to a 69 Mach 1 Cobra Jet, but I understand why your wife may not think so!
My wife bought me my '13 GT500 for a Christmas/anniversary present. I told her I'd never sell it. I'm looking at a divorce and castration if I **** her off too much with this.

Old 12/19/16, 08:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by SplitSecond
When driving in snow or on ice, even cheap winter tires will out perform even the most expensive all seasons.
I've heard that, be interested to see a comparison. I've gotten away with a hell of a lot with Michelin all seasons and 200+lbs in the trunk
Old 12/20/16, 03:22 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Took it out of garage , to go shopping...mostly freeway driving to open it up a little....& was careful not to hit any pot holes.....always watch for them since our roads are in such poor condition......wash , wax & put away dry......
Old 12/20/16, 07:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

My wife bought me my '13 GT500 for a Christmas/anniversary present. I told her I'd never sell it. I'm looking at a divorce and castration if I **** her off too much with this.

Castration, you have my attention, I now cast my vote for retaining the Shelby! Having said that we can always dream!
Old 12/22/16, 03:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. V
Please post a review of it. I still go back and forth on doing the mgw race spec. My biggest concern is nvh. I've heard mixed reviews
Omg this shifter is SO good!! It's amazingly solid. There is zero play and I can't miss a shift if I try. There is probably 50% more vibration than the 2nd gen MGW I had, but it's not even close to being annoying. I actually like it a lot better because you can feel the engine and drivetrain so much more now, so you feel more connected. Everything feels better. I also got it with an MGW gripper shiftknob. Even with the added feeling of vibration, the unit is actually quieter than the previous one.

I highly recommend this piece. Even if you have a previous MGW. I don't know about the regular Race Spec, but for people that had a pre-Race Spec shifter, this is a solid upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-photo729.jpg  
Old 12/22/16, 08:09 PM
GT-500 Member

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Picked up a hotchkis x brace and put it in tonight...not sure how much good it will do but for the price I figured I'd give it a shot

Old 12/23/16, 12:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Castration, you have my attention, I now cast my vote for retaining the Shelby! Having said that we can always dream!
Yeah, turns out there wasn't much discussion after all. About the only thing worse I could have suggested to her was putting beans in the chili...pretty sure that would have gotten me shot.
Old 12/23/16, 10:17 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Drove the '70 today. First time in 4-5 months.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?