Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 11/15/15, 07:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Cursing and throwing wrenches?

Originally Posted by Cavero
LOL, yep.

...Yep...

I blame it all on the gear puller I got. Autozone didn't have the Chrysler one, so I had to try and make the OEM brand one work. So I had to remove the radiator shroud...and then disconnect the motor mounts and lift the engine for clearance. And then bottom half of the Steeda motor mounts fell down and had to move the steering rack out of the way to get enough room to put them back in. Then found out the battery was flat after having the radio on for an hour. Think its shot.

Jumpstarted the car, found the voltage to be 14V at idle, yet twice on my test drive I got the battery light and "CHECK CHARGING SYSTEM" on the info center. Both times were around 1500 RPM right after shifting to a higher gear. I'm blaming it on the battery for now (which is sitting on the battery tender right now)

Performance Verdict: Not bad. Doesn't feel like a monster or anything, but you can feel that the engine has been freed up. Car almost feels...lighter for lack of a better term...like it lost a little bit of weight. Obviously hasn't (think the Steeda pulley might actually may be a little heavier) but that's the best I can describe how the car feels different. It's definitely noticeable though.
Old 11/16/15, 02:50 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Took the green machine out Saturday and Sunday. Sunday was the better of the two days as it was less windy and a little warmer. Over 2,500 miles on it now. Time to trade-in! lol
David or Tim,....is that Steeda Street Fighter Mustang available yet?!?! lol
Old 11/17/15, 03:04 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
^ Tony, definitely trade her in!

I looked at my odo on Sunday, and she has 13,300 now, so I put about 2500 miles on her this year. Was a lot of fun.

Then I added 6.4 oz's of Sta-Bil, filled her up with premium fuel, drove her back home, and parked her for her 4 month annual hibernation.

Thanks for a fun year, TMS.

See you in a few months!
Old 11/17/15, 04:28 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by FromZto5
^ Tony, definitely trade her in!
I looked at my odo on Sunday, and she has 13,300 now, so I put about 2500 miles on her this year. Was a lot of fun.
Then I added 6.4 oz's of Sta-Bil, filled her up with premium fuel, drove her back home, and parked her for her 4 month annual hibernation.
Thanks for a fun year, TMS.
See you in a few months!
That's it bro? No more driving? You guys don't have snow already do you? We still have some nice days out here. I drive it till it snows out.
Good luck Burton. Check in once in a while bro!
Old 11/17/15, 05:06 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I've got mine washed with a full tank in the garage. Waiting to see if it snows or not. Only going to be in the 30s after another rainy day tomorrow. If it gets nice again and there's no salt I might pull it out but otherwise she's in for the winter. Did put about 8,000 miles on this year. Not sure how you survive with only 2,500, Burton.
Old 11/17/15, 05:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I've got mine washed with a full tank in the garage. Waiting to see if it snows or not. Only going to be in the 30s after another rainy day tomorrow. If it gets nice again and there's no salt I might pull it out but otherwise she's in for the winter. Did put about 8,000 miles on this year. Not sure how you survive with only 2,500, Burton.
^^^This
Old 11/17/15, 06:45 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 11/18/15 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11/18/15, 07:25 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
That's it bro? No more driving? You guys don't have snow already do you? We still have some nice days out here. I drive it till it snows out.
Good luck Burton. Check in once in a while bro!
Hey Tony... yeah, that's all she wrote this year Reason is that the temps are down to the 40's for a high end of this week and next. I can't drive her in those temps, more so for safety reasons. My 305 wide drag radials are already like ice chunks at 50 degrees, more so 40. Not only are the temps bad for those types of compound tires, but I would have to literally drive like a gramma to get around. What fun is that?

Also, washing and detailing in 40 degree temps is not fun. So if I can't clean her, I can't drive her

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Hey Nathan... you know what the pain is like with storage too huh? Yeah that's the problem with the good ole Midwest.

As for 2500 miles, I was actually hoping for less miles this year. But she's been so enjoyable to drive. That new tune and added power really woke her up. Next spring, when I get my long tube headers and hi flow cats, I can only imagine how she'll sound and how she'll go.

Btw, you think I'm bad at 2500 miles? Heck, look at the man above me... Tony and his Roush RS3 only has 2k TOTAL for 2 years. lol...

Originally Posted by GrnT
^^^This
Mark what's up buddy. You storing yours already?
Old 11/18/15, 02:54 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Hey Tony... yeah, that's all she wrote this year Reason is that the temps are down to the 40's for a high end of this week and next. I can't drive her in those temps, more so for safety reasons. My 305 wide drag radials are already like ice chunks at 50 degrees, more so 40. Not only are the temps bad for those types of compound tires, but I would have to literally drive like a gramma to get around. What fun is that?
Also, washing and detailing in 40 degree temps is not fun. So if I can't clean her, I can't drive her
Yeah,....I hear that about the temps. I leave the all traction control on and still drive. Still breaks a little, but not too bad. I don't drive it "heavy" when the temps drop, but still like to take it out when it's sunny and about 50 degrees out.
Yeah,.........even the waterless wash in the garage is too cold to do.
(I sent you a PM by the way.)
Old 11/18/15, 02:56 PM
I Have No Life

Yeah,....I hear that about the temps. I leave the all traction control on and still drive. Still breaks a little, but not too bad. I don't drive it "heavy" when the temps drop, but still like to take it out when it's sunny and about 50 degrees out.
Yeah,.........even the waterless wash in the garage is too cold to do.
(I sent you a PM by the way.)
Waterless is still too cold for Iowa!!! Lol... supposed to be in low 40's by Friday, and snow showers. Winter is here!!! Ugh.

No pm from you btw.... oh wait, it just popped up. LOL
Old 11/18/15, 03:07 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Waterless is still too cold for Iowa!!! Lol... supposed to be in low 40's by Friday, and snow showers. Winter is here!!! Ugh.
Yeah,.....I know. No way.
I won't take a chance if it's too cold. May cause scratching.
Old 11/19/15, 12:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Tony... yeah, that's all she wrote this year Reason is that the temps are down to the 40's for a high end of this week and next. I can't drive her in those temps, more so for safety reasons. My 305 wide drag radials are already like ice chunks at 50 degrees, more so 40. Not only are the temps bad for those types of compound tires, but I would have to literally drive like a gramma to get around. What fun is that? Also, washing and detailing in 40 degree temps is not fun. So if I can't clean her, I can't drive her Hey Nathan... you know what the pain is like with storage too huh? Yeah that's the problem with the good ole Midwest. As for 2500 miles, I was actually hoping for less miles this year. But she's been so enjoyable to drive. That new tune and added power really woke her up. Next spring, when I get my long tube headers and hi flow cats, I can only imagine how she'll sound and how she'll go. Btw, you think I'm bad at 2500 miles? Heck, look at the man above me... Tony and his Roush RS3 only has 2k TOTAL for 2 years. lol... Mark what's up buddy. You storing yours already?
Burton I haven't stored mine quite yet. Soon I believe. It's in the weathers hands. I just love driving it so much. This is through a shade at the Pizza parlor.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-image.jpeg  

Last edited by GrnT; 11/19/15 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Pic
Old 11/19/15, 12:15 PM
I Have No Life

^ cool pic Mark... I've been silent on IG as well lately, nothing really to post. Once the weather turns like this, I pretty much don't care about anything lol.

Tomorrow we have a winter storm. 4-7" coming. You affected by that?
Old 11/19/15, 02:26 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Burton I haven't stored mine quite yet. Soon I believe. It's in the weathers hands. I just love driving it so much. This is through a shade at the Pizza parlor.
Cool photo Mark. Glad you're enjoying your Mustang!

Once the weather turns like this, I pretty much don't care about anything lol.
Tomorrow we have a winter storm. 4-7" coming. You affected by that?
I'm the same way Burton. I HATE the winter and I get grumpy and real testy. lol
You have snow coming tomorrow? Good luck bro!
Old 11/19/15, 04:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

^ cool pic Mark... I've been silent on IG as well lately, nothing really to post. Once the weather turns like this, I pretty much don't care about anything lol. Tomorrow we have a winter storm. 4-7" coming. You affected by that?
Cool photo Mark. Glad you're enjoying your Mustang! I'm the same way Burton. I HATE the winter and I get grumpy and real testy. lol You have snow coming tomorrow? Good luck bro!
Just a bunch of wind blowing. Some flakes but that's it. Good luck Burton. Stay warm Tony.

Last edited by GrnT; 11/19/15 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11/20/15, 02:38 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Stay warm Tony.
Thanks Mark. You as well.

Took the Roush to the bank after work today. Walked out of work and it was in the 60's and sunny out. Gorgeous! Went home, filled out my bank slip and fired her up.
Old 11/20/15, 03:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Great day to wash the Mustang. Then went to lunch and ran some errands with my wife. My Mustang still gets attention and is in my opinion one of the best looking cars around.....
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-248p.jpg  
Old 11/20/15, 03:53 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Scarpi
Great day to wash the Mustang. Then went to lunch and ran some errands with my wife. My Mustang still gets attention and is in my opinion one of the best looking cars around.....
Amen brother. The Mustang is one of the best looking cars around,...........no questions asked.
Old 11/20/15, 04:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Yeah if you're like me, sometimes I'll just go out to the garage turn on the lights and just look at it. I'm kind of an OCD clean car freak. I love to keep it washed and waxed and just love to drive it even if I'm just running errands. I still remember back in 05 the long four month wait I had to endure before I got the call from the dealer that my car arrived. No matter what year Mustangs are keepers in my opinion.
Old 11/20/15, 04:26 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Scarpi
Yeah if you're like me, sometimes I'll just go out to the garage turn on the lights and just look at it. I'm kind of an OCD clean car freak. I love to keep it washed and waxed and just love to drive it even if I'm just running errands. I still remember back in 05 the long four month wait I had to endure before I got the call from the dealer that my car arrived. No matter what year Mustangs are keepers in my opinion.
Yes sir. I agree.
I'm OCD as well. lol

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?