Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 9/26/09, 10:45 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
This is like the perfect amp! But why is there less power at 2ohms than at 4ohms?
Old 9/26/09, 11:03 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Somebody needs to entertain me. If you can't do it sufficiently here, at least go to II and do it.
Old 9/26/09, 11:15 PM

I might just go to bed.
Old 9/26/09, 11:17 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Wow, thanks. I guess I see where I stand on your list. Fine friend you are.
Old 9/26/09, 11:17 PM

I don't want to wake up tomorrow though.

Gary's more the entertaining type. I'm too boring of a person.
Old 9/26/09, 11:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
I'm on II also, and talking by phone w the gf,
Old 9/26/09, 11:22 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I don't want to wake up tomorrow though.

Gary's more the entertaining type. I'm too boring of a person.
When you get my age, you look forward to waking up the next day, hahaha. You're not boring, you just need to loosen up a little and let your hair down. A little more time at college should take care of that. You need to live on campus for a while.
Old 9/26/09, 11:24 PM

I really don't want to live on campus. Dorm life FTL! One night in hell was enough.
Old 9/26/09, 11:35 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I think it would be really good for you even if just for a semester or two. Would be a good learning experience to acclimate you to the world you'll be going into as an adult, expose you to new people and new ideas. I don't mean this in a bad way at all, but I do think you have been somewhat sheltered (nothing wrong with that for a young boy) but, you are a man now. It will be a huge culture shock for you to be tossed into the real world after your upbringing and 4 years of college living at home in the same environment. Life experiences is what college is all about, and getting you prepared to make it in the real world. Unless you plan on living at home from now on, you need to dip your toes ( and maybe some other body parts, hahahaha) into the water of what is out there.
Old 9/26/09, 11:43 PM

I really don't feel sheltered at all. I just make my own choices, and it's not always what everyone else chooses to do. Besides, it's way cheaper to live at home. I'd rather have a cheaper good experience than an expensive bad experience. Plus I hate the city. There's no way I'd survive 24/7 around so many people and buildings.
Old 9/26/09, 11:58 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
You don't have your own tv? You should spring for one, sounds like the wimmins is taking over at your house.

That's great. It's good that you are doing something like that together with your dad. When you get older, you will look back and remember things like this and how much you learned.
you, Lee of all people should know that women take over at all homes!

Maybe it was, but it sounds like I should have told you too.

When my dad told me that, I asked him if I could just do it until I needed glasses.
bwahahaha!
Old 9/27/09, 12:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
I'm off to bed See ya!
Old 9/27/09, 12:07 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I really don't feel sheltered at all. I just make my own choices, and it's not always what everyone else chooses to do. Besides, it's way cheaper to live at home. I'd rather have a cheaper good experience than an expensive bad experience. Plus I hate the city. There's no way I'd survive 24/7 around so many people and buildings.
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you at all. I actually think it is refreshing to meet a young man like you. Not many left in the world today. I know it is cheaper to live at home, but you can't live at home forever. You will miss out on a lot if you don't get some life experience from the world around you. I hate the city too, which is why I live in the middle of nowhere, but it doesn't hurt to get a taste of what the rest of the world looks like. I've been all over the country, seen some amazing things, and met some interesting people. Doesn't mean I would want to live that life or necessarily agree with their views. But it has given me a different prespective on life that has helped me to get where I am now. Growing up in the south taught me one thing by the time I was your age. I was very closed minded. After I got out and looked at things from other peoples point of view and made an effort to put myself in their shoes, I grew more in a few years than I had in my whole life leading up to that point .
Old 9/27/09, 12:51 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
My sisters are hogging the tv and watching legally blonde. Is no one on?
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
Preach it

Alright, so today, in this order, my dad and I did this. At 8:00AM we left the house for Advance for 6 quarts of oil and a filter(got a deal, 5 quarts of penzoil and a filter for $15), a PCV Valve, Fuel Filter, another bottle of coolant system flush, Crankcase Ventilation Filter, thermostat, gasket, hose clamps, gallon of antifreeze and an Upper Radiator hose. We had to go 5 miles down the road to another advance for the lower hose. Then we went to walmart for wipers, but they didn't have my size, so had to go to another walmart.

So that took till about 11:00. We then took a break, ate lunch, and started.

So by 11:45 we were out on the truck. We started on the PCV Valve, 'cause it was easy, just had to find it back behind the intake runners. Then we changed the Crankcase filter, which sits in the bottom of the air filter box to catch blow by oil. Then we changed the fuel filter, which was my first time under the truck. Next came the oil change, which went nice and easy. So by now it was about 2:00. We then pulled the truck into the grass to start the coolant flush. So we emptied out the mostly water mix, put in the chemicals, and waited. She started idling REAL nice after this Then after that was all good, we turned her off, let her cool, and changed the wipers. So after it cooled, and we aided that by taking off some hoses and the radiator cap, not the smartest, but it turned out fine. So then we have to push the truck forward about 8 feet on our spongey yard. That was quite the workout! So by now it's maybe 3:30 and all's going smoother. First we put on the lower hose, which wasn't that hard, just had to get the right angle. So we start on the thermostat, where the problems set in. First, the **** thing has a bolt that needs a deepwell socket I don't have so I borrowed one from my neighbor. Then, in the housing for the thermostat, it has a very slightly recessed area where it has to be, which it has to be in otherwise it leaks. Well my dad was doing all this, and because the t-stat didnt sit right, it took 3 times of re-seating and tightening, then running water through to make sure it wasn't leaking

So finally, at about 7:30, right as daylight is running out, we get everything all set up and start her up. My neighbor really likes the sound, he's the same guy I borrowed the much needed socket for.

Final scores
My dad and I: ~6
The truck: 3

Now I wanna get new spark plugs and possibly a tune up to see if it helps the very occasional hesitation problem. It's not trans slip though, which I was getting all worried about last night. I wasn't thinking it through then.

AND! First mod: University Of Michigan front license plate*

*normally I wouldn't have a front plate, but the holder is riveted to my bumper.
Sounds like a really good dad, you are lucky to have him in this day and age. I always ended up in a fight with mine when doing stuff like that, but I started at about 8 and was eager to learn. However he was impatient and I ended up getting cussed out and called a stupid *** for getting the wrong tool or not being able to read his mind when he referred to something he wanted me to fetch. Got a little better when I got older, but even to this day it is hard for us to work on something together with out one or both of us getting pissed off at some point. I guess we are both too hard headed when we get an idea in our mind.
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you at all. I actually think it is refreshing to meet a young man like you. Not many left in the world today. I know it is cheaper to live at home, but you can't live at home forever. You will miss out on a lot if you don't get some life experience from the world around you. I hate the city too, which is why I live in the middle of nowhere, but it doesn't hurt to get a taste of what the rest of the world looks like. I've been all over the country, seen some amazing things, and met some interesting people. Doesn't mean I would want to live that life or necessarily agree with their views. But it has given me a different prespective on life that has helped me to get where I am now. Growing up in the south taught me one thing by the time I was your age. I was very closed minded. After I got out and looked at things from other peoples point of view and made an effort to put myself in their shoes, I grew more in a few years than I had in my whole life leading up to that point .
Sean-That's awesome.

Nathan-You're funny.

Lee-You and your dad sound like me and mine. I learned nothing about cars from him. The only thing he taught me was to put the oil pan plug back in before you fill the engine with oil. Everything else I've learned from doing it myself or from you people. But he did teach me about carpentry and everything related to building or remodeling houses. I was cheap labor and many weekends were spent remodeling the home we lived in so we could sell it and move to the next house. We work horribly together because he expects so much. Now we've turned the tables and I don't listen to him anymore when we do a project together. It's my way or the highway. I'm not out for revenge, its just that he taught me his way, but I also learned from others and have applied the synthesis of my learning. I don't know why I'm telling you all this, but its just something I've realized the past year and you reminded me of it Lee.

I vividly remember we were going to add a room onto the house. So we laid out the foundation and degrassed the area. Next up was to drive stakes for the forms. So he gets out the sledge hammer hands it to me and then proceeds to hold the stake and looks up at me and says "Drive it in"
I was mortified. No way I'm swinging that hammer toward his hand. But he insisted. Yelling at me to "Do It" I'll never forget that. I honestly don't remember anymore if I drove the stake or walked away. But the image of him yelling at me to do it sticks in my mind. He was just trying to do a better job with me than his dad did with him. And I'm trying to do the same.
Old 9/27/09, 11:54 AM
Post *****

Well everyone, I went over to the dark side yesterday...
Old 9/27/09, 12:43 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
huwha??

also did ANYONE see the FG block returned for 6 at the last six seconds of the half in the nineres game? 14-13 niners at the half!
Old 9/27/09, 01:19 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
you, Lee of all people should know that women take over at all homes!

bwahahaha!
That's because we hold the power
Old 9/27/09, 01:32 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Well everyone, I went over to the dark side yesterday...
You gonna tell us?

Originally Posted by future9er24
huwha??

also did ANYONE see the FG block returned for 6 at the last six seconds of the half in the nineres game? 14-13 niners at the half!
Nope, much to my husband's dismay, we don't get the game. He's trying to keep up with it on the net. We do however get the Ravens game..........putting a spanking onthe Browns
Old 9/27/09, 01:37 PM
Post *****

I am now an Apple and not a PC.
Old 9/27/09, 01:49 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

So how's it going so far? I've used my step daughters Mac a few times. I had a hard time getting used to not being able to right click.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast