Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/9/15, 07:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Nice!
Old 1/9/15, 07:12 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 175 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
And lest I forget... #901 rolled out of the factory 7 years ago 1.9.08...
Old 1/9/15, 08:23 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,635 Posts
And lest I forget... #901 rolled out of the factory 7 years ago 1.9.08... .
Woo Hoo!!!
Old 1/9/15, 10:58 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 622 Likes on 447 Posts
I didn't realize how much I was smoking just because of habit. I started my new regime this week and it was a real wake up call. I discovered that I smoked many times out of desire to smoke, not because I needed to smoke.

I decided that I would allow myself 1 pack (20 cigs) a day this first week to see how it went. I had been smoking 25 -30 a day recently. My mission was to cut down slowly, limit myself to a pack a day at first and go down from there. I was really shocked. I smoked 15 the first day, 16 the second day, 14 the third day and only 12 the 4th day. And the amazing thing was that I never felt that I deprived myself, didn't even want anymore.

I actually felt that I had more than enough. When I set my mind to it, I realized that I was smoking a lot, even when I didn't crave one, just did it out of habit. I basically cut my smoking in half this week and never even craved a cig. I realized that I didn't need anywhere near as many as I was using, I was just smoking them out of habit in certain situations.

Hell, I went from 30 to 15 overnight and never even craved or missed what I smoked. I think my addiction was more to the action of smoking than the addiction of smoking. I actually feel better this week and I think I will probably be able to cut down to a much smaller number soon.

I can't believe I smoked that much when it is obvious that I didn't need it at all. I think it was because I bought so many with ought thought. I'd buy 2 cartons every other week, always had a crap load of packs, as many as I wanted, I think that made me smoke more that I needed. Hell, you'd think a cheap **** like me would catch on to that, we're talking about $75 every other week for 2 cartons, and I could have done easily with less than one.
Old 1/9/15, 11:01 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds good... but careful that now you're down to 15 you don't smoke the whole butt too. lol
Old 1/9/15, 11:17 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I didn't realize how much I was smoking just because of habit. I started my new regime this week and it was a real wake up call. I discovered that I smoked many times out of desire to smoke, not because I needed to smoke.

I decided that I would allow myself 1 pack (20 cigs) a day this first week to see how it went. I had been smoking 25 -30 a day recently. My mission was to cut down slowly, limit myself to a pack a day at first and go down from there. I was really shocked. I smoked 15 the first day, 16 the second day, 14 the third day and only 12 the 4th day. And the amazing thing was that I never felt that I deprived myself, didn't even want anymore.

I actually felt that I had more than enough. When I set my mind to it, I realized that I was smoking a lot, even when I didn't crave one, just did it out of habit. I basically cut my smoking in half this week and never even craved a cig. I realized that I didn't need anywhere near as many as I was using, I was just smoking them out of habit in certain situations.

Hell, I went from 30 to 15 overnight and never even craved or missed what I smoked. I think my addiction was more to the action of smoking than the addiction of smoking. I actually feel better this week and I think I will probably be able to cut down to a much smaller number soon.

I can't believe I smoked that much when it is obvious that I didn't need it at all. I think it was because I bought so many with ought thought. I'd buy 2 cartons every other week, always had a crap load of packs, as many as I wanted, I think that made me smoke more that I needed. Hell, you'd think a cheap **** like me would catch on to that, we're talking about $75 every other week for 2 cartons, and I could have done easily with less than one.
Keep it up Lee!!
Old 1/9/15, 11:18 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Sounds good... but careful that now you're down to 15 you don't smoke the whole butt too. lol
I was actually shocked, I allowed myself a certain amount this first week and that was it. I could smoke all of them in a row and that was it, or I could spread it out. I never even smoked all I allowed myself and I never even felt deprived or like a needed one. Hell, I could have used less. I think most of my smoking was more of habit than need of the drug.

Heck, today I only smoked 3 all day and never felt like I needed one or was jonesing for one.

I think my smoking was more linked to habit and circumstances than anything. I didn't really NEED to smoke one.
Old 1/9/15, 11:23 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
That's a great start Lee. Keep it up! Sounds like the internal thought to quit finally clicked enough to get over it. My grandmother quit cold turkey after finding out her grandson was coming. A lot of it is mental and just having the personal desire to quit.
Old 1/9/15, 11:25 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Keep it up Lee!!
Its kind of crazy. I just had to think a minute before I smoked and I realized that I didn't really crave or need it. That was amazing to me. Instead of just going out to smoke every time I had a trigger, I stopped to think "do I really need one?" and most of the time I didn't, I was just going out to burn one for the hell of it, I didn't really want it.

That made a hell of difference, just stopping to think about whether I really needed one or not, and most of the time I didn't NEED one and could do without one easily for a while.
Old 1/9/15, 11:29 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by StangMahn
That's a great start Lee. Keep it up! Sounds like the internal thought to quit finally clicked enough to get over it. My grandmother quit cold turkey after finding out her grandson was coming. A lot of it is mental and just having the personal desire to quit.

I don't think I could quit cold turkey, but I do think I have been smoking a whole hell of a lot more than I really needed. I think I probably was smoking 3 times as much as I actually needed just out of habit and because of triggers that made me want to smoke even when I didn't even need a cig.

That **** is crazy.
Old 1/9/15, 11:35 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Those days that I smoked 15, I actually felt like I smoked a lot more than I really needed to smoke, never felt deprived at all from what I was smoking, I just smoked them out of habit of smoking. Hell, I think I could do with half that easily when I get into the groove. I don't think its the nicotine that I'm addicted to, its the act of smoking. I think that's obvious from the fact that the gum, patches, etc. have never helped me at all. Its not the nicotine, its the actual smoking that I'm addicted to.
Old 1/10/15, 12:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Keep the trend going Lee. We are routing for you.
Old 1/10/15, 12:36 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I need to crank and drive the 500 tomorrow after all this cold weather. It did seem a little slow to crank last time I fired it up and the original battery is over 3 years old.

Curious what it will do after it has been in the low single digits the last few days.

If it does light up, I'm curious what it will do out on the road in 30 degree temps. I'm thinking it will be out of control and a real handful, lol.

Stand on it, and steer into it while the tires are smoking is all I know, lol.
Old 1/10/15, 12:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
I need to crank and drive the 500 tomorrow after all this cold weather. It did seem a little slow to crank last time I fired it up and the original battery is over 3 years old. Curious what it will do after it has been in the low single digits the last few days. If it does light up, I'm curious what it will do out on the road in 30 degree temps. I'm thinking it will be out of control and a real handful, lol. Stand on it, and steer into it while the tires are smoking is all I know, lol.
Your car will come alive in the colder air. Mine does and theres no blower on it. Can't imagine what your would be like.
Old 1/10/15, 12:47 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by GrnT
Your car will come alive in the colder air. Mine does and theres no blower on it. Can't imagine what your would be like.
Hey, its a ****ing handful even when its 50* outside. When its really cold in the 30s its down right dangerous. It doesn't stop like people think, it doesn't corner like people think, and it damned sure doesn't accelerate like it should, it will blow the tires off at any hit of the throttle in any gear, even at 70 mph. And it will not stop or turn like it does in summer, it will slide all over the place if you jam on the brakes or drive it off hard in a turn when its this cold.

The tires are like hockey pucks when its below 70 degrees. You have to have a big ol' set of ***** to really hammer on one of these cars when its cool outside, it only gets worse when it gets colder.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 1/10/15 at 12:53 AM.
Old 1/10/15, 01:13 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Hey, its a ****ing handful even when its 50* outside. When its really cold in the 30s its down right dangerous. It doesn't stop like people think, it doesn't corner like people think, and it damned sure doesn't accelerate like it should, it will blow the tires off at any hit of the throttle in any gear, even at 70 mph. And it will not stop or turn like it does in summer, it will slide all over the place if you jam on the brakes or drive it off hard in a turn when its this cold.

The tires are like hockey pucks when its below 70 degrees. You have to have a big ol' set of ***** to really hammer on one of these cars when its cool outside, it only gets worse when it gets colder.

And I've got a big ol' set of ***** when it comes to driving it, but I've got a really small ***** so I guess that makes a difference, lol. I still can stand on it and twist the wheel into the spin and now let off, just hold it until it gets completely out of shape. I can still drive it and hold it on the road, even with my small *****, lol.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 1/10/15 at 01:15 AM.
Old 1/10/15, 01:50 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
And lest I forget... #901 rolled out of the factory 7 years ago 1.9.08...
Outside looking in, I see it as 1060!

Mustangs Coast to Coast-doorplate.cls-w.jpg
Old 1/10/15, 02:07 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by denlem

Attachment 167372
I really don't know what that means, but it looks pretty cool, especially next to my crappy stuff.

Name:  IMG_6400.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  107.7 KB
Old 1/10/15, 04:37 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
"1060 West Addison"
Old 1/10/15, 05:34 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts