Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 12/13/14, 10:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Hey Matt - have you played with this scope/ballistics site? I love it.

http://spoton.nikonsportoptics.com/s...n.html#Index:4

Had no idea that .30-378 could push so far out that (relatively) flat. That round has got to hurt!
I have! It's a really good resource.

Yeah, that load is dependably flat. And yeah, no muzzle break = multi-colored shoulder/clavicle the next day. the wife won't fire it anymore because it hurt her shoulder too much. Have yet to meet anyone that doesn't flinch on the 3rd shot with it. The big downside is the barrel won't last too terribly long and will need to be replaced after 600+ rounds. The upside is that it hammers nails at 300 yds for me, so most of my "practice" is with other calibers that don't cost as much. I do run about 100-120 rounds through it a year. The other rifles are usually 5-600 a year to keep me sharp and used to the recoil.

Last edited by kcoTiger; 12/13/14 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12/13/14, 10:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I tell you what, if you don't know or haven't experienced it, the GT500 is a Man's car (yes, I capitalized man). I swear every time I drive it, I come back home with more hair on my chest. Its just a damned brute, but civilized. Its like a guy that beats the **** out of you with a hammer, but you ask him for more because he was so polite.
I can attest to this. Baddest vehicle I've ever owned and ever will own. In about a week, it'll go from 660 at the wheels to 700+.
Old 12/13/14, 10:36 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
I can attest to this. Baddest vehicle I've ever owned and ever will own. In about a week, it'll go from 660 at the wheels to 700+.
I've had cars with a lot more power, that were lot faster, and handled a whole lot better. But they were all on the ragged edge of being streetable and driveable on a regular basis. Fun, but rough, loud, and a damned chore to drive. But I have to say that even though I've had MUCH faster cars, this one is the whole package. I could drive this thing anywhere, anytime and everyday and not get sick of it after a few hours like you would in some of the other hot rods I've had. Its just the complete package, comfortable, handles well, runs like a raped ape when you stand on it, but you could put some bags in the trunk and drive it across the country with no drama at all.
Old 12/13/14, 11:16 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

This place sucks lately. Nobody around, lol.
Old 12/13/14, 11:38 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
I have! It's a really good resource.

Yeah, that load is dependably flat. And yeah, no muzzle break = multi-colored shoulder/clavicle the next day. the wife won't fire it anymore because it hurt her shoulder too much. Have yet to meet anyone that doesn't flinch on the 3rd shot with it. The big downside is the barrel won't last too terribly long and will need to be replaced after 600+ rounds. The upside is that it hammers nails at 300 yds for me, so most of my "practice" is with other calibers that don't cost as much. I do run about 100-120 rounds through it a year. The other rifles are usually 5-600 a year to keep me sharp and used to the recoil.
I've gotta come shooting with you sometime. I really want to shoot at some long distance targets.
Old 12/13/14, 11:52 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Cancelled my Sirius in Sept. got a cancellation #, got a check back and everything.

**** is still on. I hope they don't turn around and charge my card for this **** or I'm going to be pissed.
I think I've listened to mine a total of 10 seconds. The sound quality is terrible. And I never listen to the radio anyways.
Originally Posted by GrnT
What do you think? Should I buy these?
Yes.
Originally Posted by GrnT
I bought them at 4.50 for the pack. Could of spent that on gas but what the hell.
I've probably got a year's worth of gas in hot wheels stored under my bed. lol Maybe I'll sell them one day.
Old 12/13/14, 11:56 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Blue Notch

I've probably got a year's worth of gas in hot wheels stored under my bed.
How do you fit all that stuff under your bed with all of that ****, sex toys and lube under there?

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 12/13/14 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12/13/14, 11:59 PM

How do you fit all that stuff under your bed with all of that ****, sex toys and lube under there?

So funny.
Old 12/14/14, 12:03 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

So funny.
Hey, give me a break. Cracking a joke or two is all I have left in life, and my life isn't going to last much longer, lol. C 4 if you want to read some crazy ****, lol.
Old 12/14/14, 12:15 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I've got to get my ears lowered this week. This hair is getting on my nerves. Anyone else have a beard/mustache/goatee that gets on your nerves? I wear a mustache/goatee combo and I keep getting a wild hair that irritates the **** out of me. Everything will be trimmed, but its always one single hair that goes wild and gets into my nose or mouth while I'm sleeping and tickles the **** out of everything. I have to get up at night and pluck it or run the clippers before it drives me crazy.

Also, does anyone else have the problem of hair (and nails) growing faster when you drink? My beard and nails grow wildly when I'm on vacation or on a bender, they go wild. The beard and my nails just explode in growth when I drink a lot. #crazy.
Old 12/14/14, 12:20 AM

Hey, give me a break. Cracking a joke or two is all I have left in life, and my life isn't going to last much longer, lol. C 4 if you want to read some crazy ****, lol.
Well, have fun.
I've got to get my ears lowered this week. This hair is getting on my nerves. Anyone else have a beard/mustache/goatee that gets on your nerves? I wear a mustache/goatee combo and I keep getting a wild hair that irritates the **** out of me. Everything will be trimmed, but its always one single hair that goes wild and gets into my nose or mouth while I'm sleeping and tickles the **** out of everything. I have to get up at night and pluck it or run the clippers before it drives me crazy.

Also, does anyone else have the problem of hair (and nails) growing faster when you drink? My beard and nails grow wildly when I'm on vacation or on a bender, they go wild. The beard and my nails just explode in growth when I drink a lot. #crazy.
Nope.
Old 12/14/14, 12:23 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Nope.
Don't worry, you'll hit puberty someday and your ***** will finally drop, then you'll have to deal with facial hair (and hair in other places).
Old 12/14/14, 12:48 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm here with a couple people drinking.
Old 12/14/14, 12:59 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Duane Allman was the most under appreciated, most underrated guitar picker of all time. Skydog was a goddamned genious, the things that came from his fingertips were gold, nobody will ever be able to match what emanated from his brain and transferred to his fingers on that Gibson. Just like Tom Dowd said, he played notes that don't even exist on a guitar. That Corocidin cold medicine bottle for a slide on a Gibson Les Paul Custom made sounds that people just can't recreate.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 12/14/14 at 01:03 AM.
Old 12/14/14, 02:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Lee, it was Tito's that we were talking about a while back right?
Old 12/14/14, 02:14 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by laserred38
Lee, it was Tito's that we were talking about a while back right?

Tito's Hand made vodka from Texas? Yes, its really good stuff. Probably the best vodka I've ever drank. Its top shelf stuff in a plain looking bottle.
Old 12/14/14, 05:33 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
It did sit for a over a month right after I cancelled it and went on vacation and I remember you saying yours stayed on all winter while it was parked. But I pretty much have been driving it once a week unless the weather is crappy. Still on.
I'd like to find out exactly how these things work. From what I can tell, they send out refresh signals once in a while. Probably like the cable company to keep everything in check.

I'm guessing when you subscribe or cancel, this signal is sent out frequently to get you turned off or on right away. After that it must go into the regular refresh rotation and you just haven't caught it yet.

Another thing i'm suspicious of is that while you can change the time in nav radio (does non-nav have the date? if not visible, invisible?), you can't change the date. I'm wondering if they can send an expiration date to the radio and that's how it gets turned on or off.

Enjoy the freebie until that refresh signal catches up with you!
Old 12/14/14, 05:38 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The wild mustache hairs that turn up and tickle your nose drive me crazy.
Old 12/14/14, 08:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
I've got to get my ears lowered this week. This hair is getting on my nerves. Anyone else have a beard/mustache/goatee that gets on your nerves? I wear a mustache/goatee combo and I keep getting a wild hair that irritates the **** out of me. Everything will be trimmed, but its always one single hair that goes wild and gets into my nose or mouth while I'm sleeping and tickles the **** out of everything. I have to get up at night and pluck it or run the clippers before it drives me crazy. Also, does anyone else have the problem of hair (and nails) growing faster when you drink? My beard and nails grow wildly when I'm on vacation or on a bender, they go wild. The beard and my nails just explode in growth when I drink a lot. #crazy.
Originally Posted by denlem
The wild mustache hairs that turn up and tickle your nose drive me crazy.
Ya that really bugs me. Hair on a mission to pis you off. On a side note. All that snow in the pic is gone.
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-435404415.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by GrnT; 12/14/14 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12/14/14, 09:54 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Ive started a beard

It's in the itchy phase. I never make it past this part. I'm growing it until my mustache fills out enough then I'm shaving the beard and going 70s **** star stache

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast