Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 5/10/14, 02:56 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Looks like Al sold the Vert just in time with all that rain.
Lol. We got almost 5 inches of rain last night. Freakin crazy.
Old 5/10/14, 02:59 PM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Lol. We got almost 5 inches of rain last night. Freakin crazy.
Might finally have a break from the rain here. Motorcycle ride and then hopefully wash the vehicles.
Old 5/10/14, 03:05 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Baller!!!

Originally Posted by cdynaco
No kidding. Spendy stuff plus the extras to avoid condensation/mold issues.

All I coud afford was a gutter & downspout next to my guest bedroom. lol (Which I use now until the addition is done some year.)
Do love the sound of rain draining through it though.
Now I can hear it gurgling in my downspouts. Had the metal roof done about 10 years ago, but occasionally when it came heavy downpours it would overflow my gutters in some areas. I think it was because the metal let the water run off faster than the old shingle roof did and it would actually shoot over the edge of the gutter in certain areas, especially in corners where different heights and angles of roof came together.

Then about 3 years ago I was having everything that wasn't brick re-painted and some pieces of soffit and trim replaced that had gotten weathered over time, so I decided to just go ahead and replace all the gutters at the same time and went up to a 6 inch and everything has been fine since then. You can really hear it running in those.
Old 5/10/14, 03:59 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Al, here's a response from my uncle who has both a mainline and a Vic. Msgs are a bit out of order. Read it 1-4-3-2
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-1163820594.jpg  
Old 5/10/14, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by StangMahn
Al, here's a response from my uncle who has both a mainline and a Vic. Msgs are a bit out of order. Read it 1-4-3-2
hey thanks a lot for this. I really like the untrimmed mainline but I don't want a post. So I can strip a Vic and get the same effect without a post.
Old 5/10/14, 04:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
All I hear in this thread is vacations and money.....
What part of "I was stationed at MCAS Kaneohe for a 3-week TAD..." makes you think about vacations and, of all things, money?! Some of us worked on "paradise".
Old 5/10/14, 04:51 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
What part of "I was stationed at MCAS Kaneohe for a 3-week TAD..." makes you think about vacations and, of all things, money?! Some of us worked on "paradise".
Oh don't worry, I just ignored you entirely.

Btw see my earlier post today in here about finishing the suspension on truck?
Old 5/10/14, 04:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Oh don't worry, I just ignored you entirely.

Btw see my earlier post today in here about finishing the suspension on truck?
Not yet, I just signed on today for the first time. Busier than I wanted to be on a Saturday. Thanks, relatives.
Old 5/10/14, 04:58 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Not yet, I just signed on today for the first time. Busier than I wanted to be on a Saturday. Thanks, relatives.

ouch.... yeah i had a family dinner to go to.. ended up grilling 17 ribeyes, so wasnt all bad
Old 5/10/14, 05:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

New struts are on truck along with 2.5" leveling kit.... Dang it looks so much better. Also the stock struts were shot. I could compress them by hand easily and they wouldn't rebound at all. I can already tell these are going to be much better on and off road. Here's pics: before; strut / spacer assembly ; and after
SO much better looking afterward. Yeah, your stock struts were shot. lol

If you're going 35" tires, might as well go with baja wheels too.
Old 5/10/14, 05:34 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
hey thanks a lot for this. I really like the untrimmed mainline but I don't want a post. So I can strip a Vic and get the same effect without a post.
Yup. I like both for different reasons. I like the post shoebox chevy's too.
Old 5/10/14, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by StangMahn
Yup. I like both for different reasons. I like the post shoebox chevy's too.
I really love the customline but that post just ruins the whole car for me. I'm thinking really hard about a '55 cross between restomod and rat rod. Maybe a mustang 4.6L transplant. Coyote transplant may cost a little more than I am willing to spend. All else fails, can always go with an injected 302.
Old 5/10/14, 07:47 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
It may take a trip down a trail here after while. Everythings wet and muddy... if that happens, will post pics
Take it to the Smith Camp tavern and drink a couple of cold ones for me and Gary
Old 5/10/14, 08:11 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,315 Likes on 1,726 Posts
Im going to cover my back deck with a metal roof actually... When its raining, it creates the best sound you can ever imagine and I sleep like a baby.
Love that sound too! Our old farm house had a metal roof and I'd sleep like a baby during a good rain.
Old 5/10/14, 09:24 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

SO much better looking afterward. Yeah, your stock struts were shot. lol If you're going 35" tires, might as well go with baja wheels too.
Thanks! It drives tons better too. Drive some rough patches of road and it's no where near as unpredictable as it was before. Absorbs a lot more and takes it smoother. Still not like an air ride and glide over stuff but infinitely better than what I had. Haven't done trails yet to see. We got to measuring the tires during turning to see how much clearance I have, sadly I don't think I can safely get a 35" under since I only went with the 2.5" lift. I can go up to a 34 and have good clearence as long as they are not much wider. I'll prob stick with the size I have I or a tad wider. Still debating wheels, size and color for it. The two tone paint makes it hard to decide. I may drop to a 18" wheel to extra sidewall to help smooth out the ride some but for now I'm happy.
Old 5/10/14, 09:43 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thanks! It drives tons better too. Drive some rough patches of road and it's no where near as unpredictable as it was before. Absorbs a lot more and takes it smoother. Still not like an air ride and glide over stuff but infinitely better than what I had. Haven't done trails yet to see. We got to measuring the tires during turning to see how much clearance I have, sadly I don't think I can safely get a 35" under since I only went with the 2.5" lift. I can go up to a 34 and have good clearence as long as they are not much wider. I'll prob stick with the size I have I or a tad wider. Still debating wheels, size and color for it. The two tone paint makes it hard to decide. I may drop to a 18" wheel to extra sidewall to help smooth out the ride some but for now I'm happy.
Stance is great. It's perfect for what I'd want. As for wheels, I'm from the "smaller is better" camp, because I like the taller sidewalls. It seems wrong to me to put 20's on a lifted truck, but I'm 40 so my tastes went out of style a decade ago at least. I'm surprised a 35" wouldn't fit with travel, but I've never been under one of those models. It's amazing how much difference just a half inch makes re: clearance. Regardless, it looks a lot better now and that leveling kit does the trick.
Old 5/10/14, 10:01 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,315 Likes on 1,726 Posts
Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful Moms and may your day be great!!! :-)
Old 5/11/14, 08:04 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Stance is great. It's perfect for what I'd want. As for wheels, I'm from the "smaller is better" camp, because I like the taller sidewalls. It seems wrong to me to put 20's on a lifted truck, but I'm 40 so my tastes went out of style a decade ago at least. I'm surprised a 35" wouldn't fit with travel, but I've never been under one of those models. It's amazing how much difference just a half inch makes re: clearance. Regardless, it looks a lot better now and that leveling kit does the trick.
yeah it just came with 20's, they look good but also with the shorter sidewall make it handle better at the sacrifice of ride comfort. I'm thinking about 18's, not sure what style or color since the two tone of the truck, the lower half is tricky to match with. That's all down the road though.

Most guys on forums say they run a 35" with the 2.5" level kit, but I just don't wanna chance it. Turning the wheels there's a point before full lock that now there's only an 1.5" gap between the tire and the corner of the inside fender rolled edge.
Old 5/11/14, 08:05 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful Moms and may your day be great!!! :-)
Definitely! Happy Mother's Day Jill and everyone else that has children. Without moms, we wouldn't exist
Old 5/11/14, 08:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same here, I like smaller wheels, taller sidewalls on trucks. Might get a different set for winter.

Not sure if I said it already, but the truck looks good Scott.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast