Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 9/14/13, 01:25 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
there are a lot in the state but they haven't made it to my area.
You're lucky. They have destroyed gardens and such here rooting around.
Hogs are pretty much kill at will around here, they are so invasive.

http://www.eregulations.com/georgia/hunting/feral-hog/

Nobody is going to say anything one way or the other.

Are y'all having problems with bears down there? They are everywhere here, the wet summer has dampened their natural food sources and they are roaming into residential places. 2 bear limit this year and 12 deer limit*
Old 9/14/13, 01:40 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

You're lucky. They have destroyed gardens and such here rooting around.
Hogs are pretty much kill at will around here, they are so invasive.

http://www.eregulations.com/georgia/hunting/feral-hog/

Nobody is going to say anything one way or the other.

Are y'all having problems with bears down there? They are everywhere here, the wet summer has dampened their natural food sources and they are roaming into residential places. 2 bear limit this year and 12 deer limit*
Yeah I'm glad there's no bears here. Hogs haven't really made it too close to us either but I'm sure they are on their way. I doubt if they would thrive in mostly swamp and wet lands though. Most undeveloped land down here is wetlands.
Old 9/14/13, 01:43 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Eh I removed pic of pig on pit cause im not sure that everyone would be ok with that lol.
I'm offended that you removed it!
Old 9/14/13, 01:46 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
you want me to text it to you?
Old 9/14/13, 01:50 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Yeah I'm glad there's no bears here. Hogs haven't really made it too close to us either but I'm sure they are on their way. I doubt if they would thrive in mostly swamp and wet lands though. Most undeveloped land down here is wetlands.
Not really surprised about bears down there, but they are everywhere here. But I'm pretty surprised about the hogs, I figured they would be everywhere down there. They are rooting like mad up here. SOBs breed like mad up here, and they run wild in these mountains. And they are viscous, I don't hunt but people I know do and they carry a big bore pistol as a side arm just for the hogs when they are turkey, deer, bear, etc. hunting because the hogs will charge you and run you up a tree if you don't have a pistol to blast them. They will screw you up with those tusks if you don't put one right between the eyes pretty quick like.
Old 9/14/13, 01:53 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I'm offended that you're offended that he removed it. I'm calling the ACLU dammit!!!!

And PETA!!!!!!

Old 9/14/13, 02:02 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Hey Scott, Paul, etc. is 59 between Ft. Payne and Gadsden fixed yet? I hate that thump, thump, thump, concrete **** through there. They had everything shifted to the northbound side a few months ago when I came down, but it still sucked after you passed the new part. Just bump, bump, bump, bump. So tired of that **** coming through there.
Old 9/14/13, 02:41 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Not really surprised about bears down there, but they are everywhere here. But I'm pretty surprised about the hogs, I figured they would be everywhere down there. They are rooting like mad up here. SOBs breed like mad up here, and they run wild in these mountains. And they are viscous, I don't hunt but people I know do and they carry a big bore pistol as a side arm just for the hogs when they are turkey, deer, bear, etc. hunting because the hogs will charge you and run you up a tree if you don't have a pistol to blast them. They will screw you up with those tusks if you don't put one right between the eyes pretty quick like.
I don't think the swamps work well for hogs. Not sure. These yahoos down here would hunt the hell out of them year round if they were here. North of us there are hogs where there is a lot of dryer land and hills. They're pretty good eating too. Surprised they aren't hunted that much for meat up there.
Old 9/14/13, 03:00 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I don't think the swamps work well for hogs. Not sure. These yahoos down here would hunt the hell out of them year round if they were here. North of us there are hogs where there is a lot of dryer land and hills. They're pretty good eating too. Surprised they aren't hunted that much for meat up there.

Oh they are up here no doubt. I figured that would be a haven down there for them. They love to root and breed in soft ground, I figured the swamp land would be a mecca for them. But, the do love farm land up here, they love to devour crops of any kind (I'll tell you about it in PM if you want to know). They are crazy and ruthless.

A friend of mine that hunts constantly, keeps a Ruger Super Red Hawk as a side arm all the time, even when bow hunting for deer and bear, just for the hogs that might run him up a tree.
Old 9/14/13, 04:04 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Hey Scott, Paul, etc. is 59 between Ft. Payne and Gadsden fixed yet? I hate that thump, thump, thump, concrete **** through there. They had everything shifted to the northbound side a few months ago when I came down, but it still sucked after you passed the new part. Just bump, bump, bump, bump. So tired of that **** coming through there.
idk, I ever go up that way. Paul does, I'd pm him
Old 9/14/13, 04:05 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Just flipped zed. 4.5 hr into it and he's coming along nicely
Old 9/14/13, 04:33 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Scott how long do you cook it for?????

I've been to a pig roast before .....delicious
Old 9/14/13, 04:46 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
Scott how long do you cook it for????? I've been to a pig roast before .....delicious
prob gonna be 12hr
Old 9/14/13, 04:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
12 hours to BACON. You can just send it express.
Old 9/14/13, 05:19 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Have a great and delicious time Scott
Old 9/14/13, 06:39 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
wild hog hunting is a past-time in south Texas. One of my groomsmen raised and trained pit bulls to hunt and corner pigs for lots of people, made six figures a year doing it. Farmers and ranchers in south Texas will practically pay you to hunt/trap the hogs on their property. There are restaurants all over the northeast that pay for wild hog meat, and my friend used to ship them (both alive and butchered) to several places in New York, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, etc. He never ran out of hogs to hunt, either. They'll go after calves without thinking twice about it. They will get through any kind of fencing if they want to badly enough. I've seen troughs under game fencing with spikes embedded in the trough covered in blood and hair and skin, and dozens of tracks leading into the land from the trough. All traps set for them are full not 24 hours after they're set. Not long ago I helped lay 38 traps on a Saturday morning, and by Sunday afternoon we had stuffed 38 wild hogs into a holding pen to be shipped off to a butcher. Night hunting in a truck will produce dozens of sightings. I've gone on knife hunts for them with dogs, I've been run over by three boars, all of which tried to take a large part of me with him. They are as big a nuisance and pestilence as mosquitos, roaches, african bees, etc.
Old 9/14/13, 07:33 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
wild hog hunting is a past-time in south Texas. One of my groomsmen raised and trained pit bulls to hunt and corner pigs for lots of people, made six figures a year doing it. Farmers and ranchers in south Texas will practically pay you to hunt/trap the hogs on their property. There are restaurants all over the northeast that pay for wild hog meat, and my friend used to ship them (both alive and butchered) to several places in New York, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, etc. He never ran out of hogs to hunt, either. They'll go after calves without thinking twice about it. They will get through any kind of fencing if they want to badly enough. I've seen troughs under game fencing with spikes embedded in the trough covered in blood and hair and skin, and dozens of tracks leading into the land from the trough. All traps set for them are full not 24 hours after they're set. Not long ago I helped lay 38 traps on a Saturday morning, and by Sunday afternoon we had stuffed 38 wild hogs into a holding pen to be shipped off to a butcher. Night hunting in a truck will produce dozens of sightings. I've gone on knife hunts for them with dogs, I've been run over by three boars, all of which tried to take a large part of me with him. They are as big a nuisance and pestilence as mosquitos, roaches, african bees, etc.
Personally I think the adults taste nasty. They're all right for sausage maybe if you go 50/50 with farm pork. The juvenile ones aren't bad though.
Old 9/14/13, 08:28 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Personally I think the adults taste nasty. They're all right for sausage maybe if you go 50/50 with farm pork. The juvenile ones aren't bad though.
I will eat the sows and shoats. I don't like the boar meat, no matter how long it's smoked/bbq'd. Just can't get past the taste. A young sow will yield really good babybacks. Surprisingly, the boars sold as well as anything else did. I guess it's because it's "exotic." lol. I always gave the boars away to the butchers in the area I hunted. I used to keep the tusks, but I guess I outgrew my He-Man-Rambo phase.
Old 9/14/13, 09:48 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Pitiful what we've come to as a country.
Deer and bear bow season starts here today.
And goes on for like 6 months! My uncle in Alabama says the wild boars are no good once they get to a certain size. His camp just shoots em and then burn em up!.
Originally Posted by GrnT
12 hours to BACON. You can just send it express.
Me too!!!
Originally Posted by jerseygirl

Have a great and delicious time Scott
Enjoy Scott sounds awesome!
Old 9/14/13, 10:33 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Eh I removed pic of pig on pit cause im not sure that everyone would be ok with that lol.
Joe is the only one that whined when I posted my horse. But he was born to be a whiner.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast