Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 11/10/12, 11:08 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Traction control is for pussies
It was a spur of the moment thing, I usually turn it off before I get on it.

But I'm still a ***** either way. Can't deny it, so I won't defend it.

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Always turn it off. I call it the fun button.

(Not that I really even need it. )
Yeah, you don't have anything with enough power to need it.
Old 11/10/12, 11:11 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you haven't touched a real "fun button" yet p
Old 11/10/12, 11:17 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

BTW, I was asking a serious question and trying to add something relevant to this thread and all I get is smartass responses. I see how it is.

Old 11/10/12, 11:21 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
BTW, I was asking a serious question and trying to add something relevant to this thread and all I get is smartass responses. I see how it is.

Honestly I don't think it's an adaptive system. I do believe you can get used to when the trac kicks in and learn to get it sideways without it kicking in. Probably your driving has adapted around the trac system. If that makes sense.
Old 11/10/12, 11:29 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Honestly I don't think it's an adaptive system. I do believe you can get used to when the trac kicks in and learn to get it sideways without it kicking in. Probably your driving has adapted around the trac system. If that makes sense.
I'm not sure. In the first 6-8 months I had it, I had it fall flat on its face (even shut off for a few seconds) when it spun much less and got a lot less sideways than it did today. If it does adapt, it may have happened much sooner with other people, it'll be 2 years in March and its only got 4800 miles on it.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 11/10/12 at 11:31 PM.
Old 11/10/12, 11:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

Huh?? The traction system is a B****, she won't let you do anything fun. There's no getting sideways without it kicking in and shutting you down.
Old 11/10/12, 11:36 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Huh?? The traction system is a B****, she won't let you do anything fun. There's no getting sideways without it kicking in and shutting you down.
See, that's the way mine was for a while, but lately it would scare the **** out of a normal person before it steps in. I raced dirt track cars, so I'm used to hanging the **** end out to the right, but someone unfamiliar would have **** bricks with what it did today.
Old 11/10/12, 11:38 PM
Banned

See, that's the way mine was for a while, but lately it would scare the **** out of a normal person before it steps in. I raced dirt track cars, so I'm used to hanging the **** end out to the right, but someone unfamiliar would have **** bricks with what it did today.
Are you in full traction or sport? In sport mode you have a little more freedom.
Old 11/10/12, 11:40 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Well fortunately I have traction control but I still gotta throttle cable. It doesn't fall on its face. Not sure what it really does.
Old 11/10/12, 11:41 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Are you in full traction or sport? In sport mode you have a little more freedom.
Full mode. Hadn't pushed anything. Had just shut it off at the store, got some gum, fired it back up and left. So everything was in full mode.
Old 11/10/12, 11:50 PM
Banned

Full mode. Hadn't pushed anything. Had just shut it off at the store, got some gum, fired it back up and left. So everything was in full mode.
I've had occurrences where it felt like it didn't do anything and I've had to bring it back, but those occurrences can be counted on one hand, but it has happened. Is this happening to you more often or is this a one time thing?
Old 11/10/12, 11:51 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I'm sorry Lee. I'll see how it is soon enough.

In my old slow GT I have to disable it for fear of it not playing nice with the supercharger and tune. My biggest fear is the wife driving the car and forgetting to turn it off and then getting on it and something bad happening.
Old 11/11/12, 12:00 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

In my old slow GT I have to disable it for fear of it not playing nice with the supercharger and tune. My biggest fear is the wife driving the car and forgetting to turn it off and then getting on it and something bad happening.
Can you get the tuner to turn it off permanently?
Old 11/11/12, 12:00 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I've had occurrences where it felt like it didn't do anything and I've had to bring it back, but those occurrences can be counted on one hand, but it has happened. Is this happening to you more often or is this a one time thing?
Its a regular occurrence. When I get on it its usually a spontaneous thing, so I don't thing to turn it off. It never kicks in like it did the first 6-8 months I had it, it will get way out of shape and light the tires up easily with it on.

Don't know if you read it but I had something weird happen a few months ago.

I posted it here.

https://themustangsource.com/f657/mu...8/#post6373914

I thought about stuff like that when I was thinking about putting a blower on the SGT.
Old 11/11/12, 12:03 AM
Service Manager

Received 447 Likes on 221 Posts
Does anyone know if the traction control and stability control on the Mustangs adapt over time to your driving habits? I was in the 500 today and had everything on. I rolled out in 1st pretty good, but I put it in 2nd at about 35 and matted it. At about 45 or 50 it started spinning, the **** kicked way out to the right, and it came unglued. It didn't just spin wildly and bounce off the limiter like it does in 1st, but it was spinning a LOT. The TC or AdvanceTrac never kicked in at all. I short shifted into 3rd at about 5K rpm and stayed in it full throttle.

Just wondering if it has adapted to my driving style and gives more lenience before it steps in, or if something is wrong with it (after that instance a few months ago where it hung up in 1st and the brakes were still pulsing even after I let off and I thought I broke something or it had a stuck caliper).
It's not adaptive as far as I know.

Traction control is for pussies

I call it the bull **** who needs it button....

It was a spur of the moment thing, I usually turn it off before I get on it.

But I'm still a ***** either way. Can't deny it, so I won't defend it.

Yeah, you don't have anything with enough power to need it.
20 points

That's because your are asking during the smartass witching hour...

I'm not sure. In the first 6-8 months I had it, I had it fall flat on its face (even shut off for a few seconds) when it spun much less and got a lot less sideways than it did today. If it does adapt, it may have happened much sooner with other people, it'll be 2 years in March and its only got 4800 miles on it.
Then its the cars way of saying "hey beotch, remember me? Drive me more!!"
Old 11/11/12, 12:05 AM
Banned

Its a regular occurrence. When I get on it its usually a spontaneous thing, so I don't thing to turn it off. It never kicks in like it did the first 6-8 months I had it, it will get way out of shape and light the tires up easily with it on.

Don't know if you read it but I had something weird happen a few months ago.

I posted it here.

https://themustangsource.com/f657/mu...8/#post6373914

I thought about stuff like that when I was thinking about putting a blower on the SGT.
I have definitely felt the fall on its face experience, mine even cut off the engine once. I've never heard the sound you describe though, very weird.
Old 11/11/12, 12:31 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

This place sucks for entertainment.
Old 11/11/12, 12:33 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I'm still writing my paper. Started and finished a different paper earlier tonight. I seriously hate having to cite sources with every single sentence. Doesn't help that I have 2.5 pages of sources. Think the bibliography is gonna be longer than my actual paper.
Old 11/11/12, 12:36 AM
Service Manager

Received 447 Likes on 221 Posts
This place sucks for entertainment.
No kidding...I waited a half hour for you to post this....
Old 11/11/12, 12:40 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by svopaul
No kidding...I waited a half hour for you to post this....
Well you suck, you should jump in and post some drunken ramblings like I do.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast