Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/12, 07:53 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So Paul, Al, mechanics... looking at this top fuel engine, I see two rocker arm shafts. Prob need two because of head design. 2V but probably big **** valves.
My question is, since they already have two rocker shafts, why didn't they just go DOHC and eliminate all those push rods and the cam in block? And then they could go 4V for better breathing?
Any explanation?

Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-top-fuel-heads.jpg  
Old 7/24/12, 07:53 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Anybody else seen the '69 Torinio built by Troy Trepanier in this month's Hot Rod? Its still in bare metal at this point, but it is absolutely stunning. A damned masterpiece.
Found it online. There is a metric **** ton of work into that car, the details are just amazing.

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicl...o/viewall.html
Old 7/24/12, 07:55 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts
Anybody else seen the '69 Torinio built by Troy Trepanier in this month's Hot Rod? Its still in bare metal at this point, but it is absolutely stunning. A damned masterpiece.
I hope my husband doesn't see it or he will start looking for one again
Old 7/24/12, 07:56 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by cdynaco
So Paul, Al, mechanics... looking at this top fuel engine, I see two rocker arm shafts. Prob need two because of head design. 2V but probably big **** valves.
My question is, since they already have two rocker shafts, why didn't they just go DOHC and eliminate all those push rods and the cam in block? And then they could go 4V for better breathing?
Any explanation?

Same reason NASCAR still uses push rod engines, the rule book.
Old 7/24/12, 07:58 PM
Post *****

Same reason NASCAR still uses push rod engines, the rule book.
Really? Silly rule.
Old 7/24/12, 08:01 PM
Post *****

Found it online. There is a metric **** ton of work into that car, the details are just amazing.

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicl...o/viewall.html

Old 7/24/12, 08:03 PM
Post *****

Low profile stacks.

Old 7/24/12, 08:24 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
that car is superb, can't wait to see it finished!
Old 7/24/12, 09:01 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by StangMahn
that car is superb, can't wait to see it finished!
Honestly, with the craftsmanship and the sheer amount of hand fabricated metal work on that car, I think I'd just leave it in bare metal and put a satin clear coat on it. Its a damned work of art, shame to cover it up with paint.
Old 7/24/12, 09:25 PM
Post *****

Pullin' laundry off the line at dusk before I light the weber, and I can hear one of those dumb grouse clucking. They are dumber than a chicken. My cat brought one home once in the 90's. If he shows himself I may sick the dog on him for tomorrow's dinner. lol
Tonight its smoked pork loin chops simmered in bbq sauce & beer St. Louis style. Whisky for appetizer.
Old 7/24/12, 09:29 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I was walking to the mailbox today and as I got close to the road a car came by and I heard it run over something metallic sounding. Hmmm, I thought, what the heck was that. Kept going and as I got to the road I saw something shiny laying in the far lane.

As I got close I saw it was a tool of some kind, even closer saw it was a long ratchet. I figured it was some cheap piece of **** that someone got pissed off at and threw out the window after it broke on them.

Picked it up, flipped it over and it was this.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....store&tool=all

It was a little scraped up from being run over multiple times (why people don't dodge **** in the road just dumbfounds me, too busy texting I guess) but it works fine.
Old 7/24/12, 09:30 PM
Post *****

That's a score!
Old 7/24/12, 09:33 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Pullin' laundry off the line at dusk before I light the weber, and I can hear one of those dumb grouse clucking. They are dumber than a chicken. My cat brought one home once in the 90's. If he shows himself I may sick the dog on him for tomorrow's dinner. lol
Tonight its smoked pork loin chops simmered in bbq sauce & beer St. Louis style. Whisky for appetizer.
Hear those things all the time!
Old 7/24/12, 09:40 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Don't know what I'm going to eat yet. Haven't had anything all day except a few beers and been drinking long island's since about 7 pm. Not really hungry at all, probably need to eat something before I get ready to crash though. Guess I'll poke around in the freezer here in a bit and see if anything strikes my fancy, just don't have much of an appetite (for food at least, lol ).
Old 7/24/12, 09:58 PM
Post *****

Smoked my July turkey recently. During Nov when stores are giving them away for like 10 cents a pound, I buy one about 18# and one a bit smaller 12-14# (my back freezer barely fits a #14 with all the other meat and seafood I load it up with on fall sales). Its always great to have a summer turkey!

Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-summer-turkey.jpg  
Old 7/24/12, 10:01 PM
Post *****

Guess I'll poke around in the freezer here in a bit and see if anything strikes my fancy, just don't have much of an appetite (for food at least, lol ).
There's always pizza. Gotta eat a bit more man.

I'm havin pork, grilled wallla walla sweets and peppers, caesar salad, fresh made strawberry shortcake.
Old 7/24/12, 10:05 PM
Post *****

Speaking of grilling, have you guys seen this contraption? It actually is a great tool for cleaning the grill! Best bbq tool I ever bought. Aside from the weber.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051

Last edited by cdynaco; 7/24/12 at 10:07 PM.
Old 7/24/12, 10:17 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

There's always pizza. Gotta eat a bit more man.

It'd be nice if pizza was an option. Can't get it out here, I'd have to drive to get it, and that's not happening (they're all closed anyway so driving still wouldn't be an option even if I was that stupid.)

Although I think Waffle House should offer a pick up service. They come get you, bring you to eat, and take you back home.

LOL, watching Tosh.0. He was talking about climbers and said that if God wanted you to climb Mt.Everest he'd have put oxygen up there.
Old 7/24/12, 11:06 PM
Post *****

Speaking of grilling, have you guys seen this contraption? It actually is a great tool for cleaning the grill! Best bbq tool I ever bought. Aside from the weber.
Done. Dinner is 75% done (just simmering now, everything else on the plate). And within a few extra minutes the grill is clean!

Before I just followed that "hell that hot of a fire killed any kind of bacteria!".

Plus since there's water in the brush it helps cool the fire. I always close the vents and save the coals and wood for the next fire. Cause I'm a cheap bastard. lol

As a kid, my Depression era Dad gave me the fun part of putting the coals out while he took the plate to the kitchen for Mom. With a galvanized bucket filled with water (plastic buckets weren't around too much ), my job was to use these long tongs and put each coal in the bucket of water. sssss.... Anybody else do this?

It was a big responsibility for a young boy because if the fire got away some how it would be bad. lol (Never mind the year of setting the back yard on fire with matches and getting a visit from the (small town local) city police and the fire chief and the fear of the wrath of Dad! My Dad hardly said a word... because he sicked his township friends on me. rofl

In the end the lesson was vital for as much as I dirt biked/camped, hunted & fished, backpacked, and live in pretty much constant forest fire danger; it was an important life lesson for me personally.

Last edited by cdynaco; 7/24/12 at 11:24 PM.
Old 7/24/12, 11:17 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Can't really decide what I want. I actually don't want to eat anything (not a good sign for an alcoholic, lol) just can't get an appetite up for food.

Been poking around in the freezer and I've narrowed it down to either a Stouffer's frozen lasagna and some garlic Texas toast, thaw out some beef and make tacos (which is more work than I want to get into tonight with preparing all the extras) or a ribeye with a loaded baked tater and maybe a piece of that garlic toast, or a salmon steak with some rice and green beans.

Decisions, decisions.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 7/24/12 at 11:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast