Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 5/26/12, 10:52 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
He can stay on the wall!
Old 5/26/12, 11:11 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra

Take him to bed with you so you're not alone.
In today's news, John cusack was mauled to death by a large mammal in what appears to be the first bear attack new orleans has ever experienced.
Old 5/26/12, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Scothew

In today's news, John cusack was mauled to death by a large mammal in what appears to be the first bear attack new orleans has ever experienced.

Was wondering if that would bring you out of hibernation.
Old 5/26/12, 11:14 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
yes
Scott won't stop staring at me!
Take him to bed with you so you're not alone.
He can stay on the wall!

Old 5/26/12, 11:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Must be lonely in the sticks

Old 5/27/12, 12:04 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
With all the racing on today I'm surprised I couldn't find any practice or qualifying for Indy 500.

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/27/12 at 12:15 AM.
Old 5/27/12, 12:05 AM

Wasup Charlie. Pub tonight?
Old 5/27/12, 12:15 AM
Post *****

Wasup Charlie. Pub tonight?
No just dinner and wine here.
Old 5/27/12, 12:18 AM
Post *****

Pullin for Lotus at Monaco tomorrow. Some wicked fast turns!

Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-lotus-monaco.1.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-lotus-monaco.2.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-lotus-monaco.3.jpg  
Old 5/27/12, 12:18 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
dang! tripoding it
Old 5/27/12, 12:36 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Scothew
Here's my 15k post, and what I promised. Let it be known I held back a bunch

Good evening ladies and gents.

It's been quite some time since I had the pleasure of meeting Brad Barnett and through that friendship, lead me to this point nearly a decade later. He created a site to host photos of the 2005 concept, with all the traffic those photos received, we decided to install a forum since I had experience with it, thus creating a small fraction of the automotive universe that has turned into the monster you all enjoy on a daily basis.

I have spent years' worth of time invested into this place with merely the satisfaction of knowing a community of intelligent conversation was taking place before my eyes, resulting in an information sharing resource that rivals sites that have been around much longer. I have fought with vendors, web host, hardware crashes, huge data losses, members and all along the site has prevailed. The community we have built here has always been strong, tight knit, positive and intelligent. Without our members, we would never have made it as far as we have.

Probably the biggest thing I have gained from my involvement in a community such as this is the variety of people from all walks of life I have met. I've met everyone from directors at Ford to a garbage dude from NYC. All with the same enthusiasm that started this site in to begin with.

Since 2004, this site has been a passion of mine. With my 15,000th official post on TMS, I want to give a sincere thank you to all of the members who have made it what it is.
Good story Scott!

You posted just about the time I was lightin' a bonfire I think, so just got around to reading a bit of TMS history.
Old 5/27/12, 12:50 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Since there isn't a confessions thread, I'll put it here.

I'm an alcoholic (in case you didn't know ). But a bit different than what people expect. I don't drink every day, or every other day. The thing is, I can't drink socially at all, I resist. I can go weeks, months, and have gone years without a drink. BUT, when I do drink, I do it to excess. I'm a binge drinker, not a social drinker. The situation has to be right for me to have a drink.

We can go out to dinner and everyone will be having drinks, I will not have any unless I can drink the rest of the night and get ****ed up. I'd rather have none at all, than to have one or two and have to quit because I can't get screwed up. I can say no in that situation if I know that I can't continue to drink until I'm ****ed up.

The situation has to be right. No kids around, time to myself where I can get screwed up until I pass out. If I can't do that, I won't have a drink at all and that doesn't bother me that much.

Its pretty ****ing sad, I look and plan for those times when I can do that, and am irritable when I can't but can do without if I have to.

Is that ****ed up? Am I a bad person because of that?

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 5/27/12 at 12:52 AM.
Old 5/27/12, 12:56 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
quite the opposite, you'd be a bad person if you weren't looking for those times when you could, and just did it whenever you felt like it.
Old 5/27/12, 12:57 AM

Hell you like being drunk and left the F alone. I used to like to get high and just chill out by myself. Nothing wrong with some solitude.

I did have a blast last weekend getting jacked up in the midst of the wife's really close friends. But they had a good time too.

Last edited by AlsCobra; 5/27/12 at 12:58 AM.
Old 5/27/12, 01:00 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
The situation has to be right. No kids around, time to myself where I can get screwed up until I pass out. If I can't do that, I won't have a drink at all and that doesn't bother me that much.

Its pretty ****ing sad, I look and plan for those times when I can do that, and am irritable when I can't but can do without if I have to.

sounds like my rules for looking at nakedness on the net.
Old 5/27/12, 01:01 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm an alcoholic (in case you didn't know ). But a bit different than what people expect. I don't drink every day, or every other day. The thing is, I can't drink socially at all, I resist. I can go weeks, months, and have gone years without a drink. BUT, when I do drink, I do it to excess. I'm a binge drinker, not a social drinker. The situation has to be right for me to have a drink.

We can go out to dinner and everyone will be having drinks, I will not have any unless I can drink the rest of the night and get ****ed up. I'd rather have none at all, than to have one or two and have to quit because I can't get screwed up. I can say no in that situation if I know that I can't continue to drink until I'm ****ed up.

Nope, not an alky IMO. Not if you can go without for long periods and/or abstain while others imbibe
Old 5/27/12, 06:44 AM
Post *****

I look and plan for those times when I can do that, and am irritable when I can't but can do without if I have to.
So... are you saying you want us to go away for awhile so you can catch a buzz?

Old 5/27/12, 07:27 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

I just had this conversation with a friend of mine while having drinks the other night.

My wife comes home and has one beer after work and that's it. Then when people come over she'll have a couple of drinks but she always maintains so to speak. But not me. If I'm gonna drink I'm gonna get ****ed up. Otherwise what's the point. I have always been a binge drinker. I think it was my Church of Christ parents and upbringing. When I would go out on the weekends in high school I had to make the most of it. I drank quick and early so I could get ****ed up and then try to pull it together before I went home that night. As I got older I just drank to get ****ed up but it wasn't all the time and I would never ever have considered myself an alcoholic.

To this day I can take it or leave it. My two only real addictions are sex and smoking. The wife kicked the former for me and I kicked the latter a few years ago.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 5/27/12 at 07:31 AM.
Old 5/27/12, 07:46 AM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I finally got some decent sleep and wake up to this, lol. I can understand you Lee. I am more of a social drinker and have been known to binge from time to time. Why drink if I'm not gonna get trashed. In the same breath I can go without a drink for weeks, longer if I wanted to I'm sure. Went a month without a drop recently.
Old 5/27/12, 08:03 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
My son graduates high school on Wednesday and I'm freaking out with emotions.
Awww. They do grow up so fast. That's how I felt last year when my youngest graduated high school. It's even harder now with both of my boys thousands of miles away

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast