Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/12, 07:08 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Didn't see any mention of booze, so I'd have to downgrade that excellent to a decent night.
Lol!!
Old 4/13/12, 07:08 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Didn't see any mention of booze, so I'd have to downgrade that excellent to a decent night.
Gotta be at work for 4:30am tomorrow Lee. This is as good as I can allow it to get. Next weekend I will do it properly.
Old 4/13/12, 07:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lalayla

No. I'm sorry to hear that Joe.
My dad passed when I was 12... I can't relate to all of it but I can relate some... to not seeing him that often, summers, and one year when he moved back right before he passed. He was off doing his Stunt jobs and traveling. Lived on Oahu for 3 years...
They were divorced.
Not the same I know...
Thanks princess It's part of the reason I'm so involved with my boys. I wanted to be the best Dad to them, that I never had.
Old 4/13/12, 07:10 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Gotta be at work for 4:30am tomorrow Lee. This is as good as I can allow it to get. Next weekend I will do it properly.
Call in dead.
Old 4/13/12, 07:11 PM
Banned

Thanks Erich.

Oh and Joe. If it makes you feel better. I love you in a totally gay way.
Don't ever change. :jerk: lol
Old 4/13/12, 07:12 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Don't ever change. :jerk: lol
and that's how you totally kill a downer moment. Luv ya buddy.
Old 4/13/12, 07:16 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 201 Likes on 131 Posts
I got a call from my brother one day that he a suffered some type of heart ailment and was in the hospital in the high desert. I was driving up to the hospital, when he passed. He did get to see his only grandson a couple years before his death.
My story is similar. 9 months old for me when they split. Saw him maybe 5 times in my life. Got a call from a relative when he died and I wasn't sure if I was going to go to the funeral. I decided to go because I didn't want to wonder all of my life if I should have gone. Some things you don't get a second chance to do. I went, I felt nothing, and I'm ok with that. Sounds cold, but it is what it is.
Old 4/13/12, 07:17 PM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
and that's how you totally kill a downer moment. Luv ya buddy.
Joe getting everyone thinking about their Dad that passed away. My dad and I were working on building a 302 to throw in my '95. I was over here in Germany for the first time, but got to come back and see him one last time.
Old 4/13/12, 07:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple

My story is similar. 9 months old for me when they split. Saw him maybe 5 times in my life. Got a call from a relative when he died and I wasn't sure if I was going to go to the funeral. I decided to go because I didn't want to wonder all of my life if I should have gone. Some things you don't get a second chance to do. I went, I felt nothing, and I'm ok with that. Sounds cold, but it is what it is.
I know exactly how you felt.
Old 4/13/12, 07:19 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
Thanks princess It's part of the reason I'm so involved with my boys. I wanted to be the best Dad to them, that I never had.
my dad was the best man ever ,,, to everyone but his own family ...
Old 4/13/12, 07:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Boss 1409

Joe getting everyone thinking about their Dad that passed away. My dad and I were working on building a 302 to throw in my '95. I was over here in Germany for the first time, but got to come back and see him one last time.
Sorry Bro
Old 4/13/12, 07:25 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was sort of raised by grandparents only because they were 45 & 36 when I was born. And like you, my dad got passed around as a kid to relatives (his mom died of spanish flu when he was 11 and his Dad was a steam locomotive engineer on the Cotton Belt so was always on the road.) And so my Dad went the extra mile to be a great Dad. No giant Dad. And so was my stay at home Mom - which my Dad made happen. He was born in 1911, I got a lot of older lessons my friends didn't get from their younger dads. He didn't play catch or sports but taught me how to think into things and fix/create them myself. I have been so blessed by getting some older generation stuff. Hope your grandparents laid some older wisdom on you.

You've done well to overcome Joe. Good job with a great company, pension & bennies, live in a beautiful area, drive a GT500... That's a success story right there - and I've studied hundreds of those over the years in my career. You should see my book shelf.

But when your sons get older and find out you've deprived them from hunting guns (not assault crap) and squirrel hunting and fishing, chits gonna hit the fan!

Be proud of yourself!

Last edited by cdynaco; 4/13/12 at 07:39 PM.
Old 4/13/12, 07:25 PM
INKY

Sorry Bro
We all have crap we go through, either as kids or adults, or both. But those are the things that make us who we are. Just wish I would have been more into cars growing up, could have learned a lot from him.
Old 4/13/12, 07:34 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Yeah my ex and her brother had pretty much zero contact with their mom that split. Although they may have opened up some these last few years it sounds like because I got a call from her after my ex died last fall and it sounds like they had spent at least some time together these last few years. My ex and her brother might have reached out to her after their dad died.
But you can't patch up that desertion of parent to child though some do by years of effort and working through it.
I know divorce happens a lot, I sure never wanted it to (though had no kids), but its too bad because of what happens to the kids. Sadly today it is so routine that there's all kinds of broken families.

Last edited by cdynaco; 4/13/12 at 07:35 PM.
Old 4/13/12, 07:37 PM
INKY

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Yeah my ex and her brother had pretty much zero contact with their mom that split. Although they may have opened up some these last few years it sounds like because I got a call from her after my ex died last fall and it sounds like they had spent at least some time together these last few years.
But you can't patch up that desertion of parent to child though some do by years of effort and working through it.
I know divorce happens a lot, I sure never wanted it to (though had no kids), but its too bad because of what happens to the kids. Sadly today it is so routine that there's all kinds of broken families.
Product of divorce too, parents split for a few years 5 or 6 and ended up getting married again. Last thing I ever wanted to happen to my girls, but I can only control so much of what happens.
Old 4/13/12, 07:45 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Boss 1409
Product of divorce too, parents split for a few years 5 or 6 and ended up getting married again. Last thing I ever wanted to happen to my girls, but I can only control so much of what happens.
Right. My parents were married 45 yrs before my Mom died and that's the paradigm in my head. So when my wife took off (after 17 yrs) I was affected on all kinds of levels - incl I wouldn't be able to live up to my parents standards that I had set for myself.

But when one quits - and quits trying - nothing you can do. You can only control yourself, no one else.

But you can be a great Dad! My ex's Dad was really great raising them and they loved him.

I have another friend who split up and had 3 pretty young kids to raise. She and they were this little unit. She was/is a great mom but also made a lot of fun for them. It was pretty amazing for me to watch how great she did to fill in so they had dirt bikes and went camping and as much stuff as a two parent household would have. Her son is a great marine now in FL, and her two daughters are really good young mothers because of the example they were raised up with - even though the dad was long gone.

Last edited by cdynaco; 4/13/12 at 08:17 PM.
Old 4/13/12, 07:50 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

My mom took us camping and all kinds of stuff. I loved when we went to Chincoteague/Assateague islands on the border of VA/Maryland and saw the wild horses.
Old 4/13/12, 07:52 PM
INKY

Right. My parents were married 45 yrs before my Mom died and that's the paradigm in my head. So when my wife took off (after 17 yrs) I was affected on all kinds of levels - incl I wouldn't be able to live up to my parents standards that I had set for myself.

But when one quits - and quits trying - nothing you can do. You can only control yourself, no one else.

But you can be a great Dad! My ex's Dad was really great raising them and they loved him.

I have another friend who split up and had 3 pretty young kids to raise. She and they were this little unit. She was/is a great mom but also made a lot of fun for them. It was pretty amazing for me to watch how great she did to fill in so they had dirt bikes and went camping and as much stuff as a two parent household would have. Her son is a great marine now in FL, and her two daughters are really good young mothers because of the examply they were raised up with - even though the dad was long gone.
My girls are the center of my life and I am taking this time to be a better dad to them. Hard when you feel like you don't live up to your own expectations in life. Have to keep telling myself I can only control what I do. Hard to do when you spend half or your life with somebody.
Looking forward to getting back and spending time with my girls and being more involved with them. They get spoiled when I see them now because it can be a few weeks between visits, but want to keep doing things with them and making sure they know how much they mean to me.
See what Joe did, turned this place all sappy, lol. On the bright side I think I am picking up the Boss next weekend, back in the garage for close to a month now and she will have to live with getting a little wet from time to time.
Old 4/13/12, 08:06 PM
Banned

I was sort of raised by grandparents only because they were 45 & 36 when I was born. And like you, my dad got passed around as a kid to relatives (his mom died of spanish flu when he was 11 and his Dad was a steam locomotive engineer on the Cotton Belt so was always on the road.) And so my Dad went the extra mile to be a great Dad. No giant Dad. And so was my stay at home Mom - which my Dad made happen. He was born in 1911, I got a lot of older lessons my friends didn't get from their younger dads. He didn't play catch or sports but taught me how to think into things and fix/create them myself. I have been so blessed by getting some older generation stuff. Hope your grandparents laid some older wisdom on you.

You've done well to overcome Joe. Good job with a great company, pension & bennies, live in a beautiful area, drive a GT500... That's a success story right there - and I've studied hundreds of those over the years in my career. You should see my book shelf.

But when your sons get older and find out you've deprived them from hunting guns (not assault crap) and squirrel hunting and fishing, chits gonna hit the fan!

Be proud of yourself!
Appreciate it Charlie thnx
Old 4/13/12, 08:10 PM
Banned

E why do you have Jam as an avatar?

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast