Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 12/26/11, 10:57 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Here's the news article: http://www.bradenton.com/2011/12/27/...d-another.html
Old 12/26/11, 10:57 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
How do you even hit 100 on the A1A? I drove that once a couple years ago, and it doesn't seem smart to go much over the limit in most places on it due to the traffic and pedestrians.

Update on the crash story: Passenger in the back seat was buckled, not ejected, no injuries to him. Josh(driver) is currently in a coma, with a lot of pressure on the brain. He's a tough kid, but he won't be the same when he gets out I have a feeling. Kori went with her cousin to see him in the hospital. The normal pressure around the brain is supposed to be like 5 units of some sort, Josh's is at 105ish.

It's hitting me a lot more than I thought it ever would. And it happened 1.5 miles from my house
Talk with family and friends, it will make you feel better. It's crazy how these types of things happen and how close to home they can hit you. (no pun intended)
Old 12/26/11, 11:01 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
So many accidents on here these past couple days. Sorry about your coworker Jim.
Old 12/26/11, 11:14 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
How do you even hit 100 on the A1A? I drove that once a couple years ago, and it doesn't seem smart to go much over the limit in most places on it due to the traffic and pedestrians.

Update on the crash story: Passenger in the back seat was buckled, not ejected, no injuries to him. Josh(driver) is currently in a coma, with a lot of pressure on the brain. He's a tough kid, but he won't be the same when he gets out I have a feeling. Kori went with her cousin to see him in the hospital. The normal pressure around the brain is supposed to be like 5 units of some sort, Josh's is at 105ish.

It's hitting me a lot more than I thought it ever would. And it happened 1.5 miles from my house
I hate to admit it, but I've done a buck 70 on A1A when I was younger (but traffic was different back then).

And I can't figure out what in the hell is going on with you kids and seat belts. Right here in my area there have been 7 kids that I can remember (there are several more I'm sure) that have been killed this year alone in survivable accidents because they were partially/fully ejected because they weren't wearing seat belts.

Look, when I was a kid there weren't seat belt laws. When they passed them and started ad campaigns to wear them, I admit it took a while to get accustomed to wearing them all the time. But you kids are different. The laws have been in place your whole lives, and everyone wears seat belts. I can't figure out why you guys aren't wearing them. I don't know if its because you just don't care, if you are doing it to be "rebels" or if parents these days are so pre-occupied with cell phones and bull **** that they aren't teaching their kids the importance of it.

Whatever it is, there is something wrong. There is no reason what-so-ever for teens these days (or anyone for that matter) to not know that wearing a seat belt is not only mandated by law, but idiotic to not wear one.
Old 12/26/11, 11:34 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
ive never undestood it either lee. it's just weird to ride in an old hot rod that doesnt have them. Hell, I wish I had race harnesses in my Mustang, I like the security
Old 12/26/11, 11:42 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
I'll put on a 4 point harness with a racing seat and be totally happy.

When I was little, I always had to remind my dad to put his belt on. He's finally gotten used to it now. My parents would never leave the driveway until shannon and myself were buckled. I'll drive from my friend's house half a mile down the road in the neighborhood to my house without a seat belt once in a while, but it's just weird feeling not having it on!
Old 12/26/11, 11:50 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by StangMahn
ive never undestood it either lee. it's just weird to ride in an old hot rod that doesnt have them. Hell, I wish I had race harnesses in my Mustang, I like the security
The '70 only has lap belts, but TBH I never wear them in it. But, that is the only car that I don't wear them in, and it doesn't get driven very much at all.

I just can't figure out why these kids aren't wearing them. But to be honest, we just recently passed the law in GA that people had to wear them in all vehicles. Up until recently, pickup trucks were exempt from seat belt laws (the last state in the nation IIRC) and only front seat passengers have to wear them, doesn't apply to back seat passengers.

Still, the stupidity of kids (or the lack of parental enforcement) shocks me. These laws have been in place their whole lives, it has been hammered into everyone by the media, etc. I could understand it a little more from people my age that grew up without the laws. But its inexcusable for teens these days.

Like I was saying above, there are constantly news stories in my area about kids being killed in wrecks that were completely survivable, but they were ejected because they weren't wearing belts.

Really ****ing sad to see. I feel for their parents, but at the same time I wonder how many of them didn't hammer it into them about the safety aspect as well as the laws.
Old 12/26/11, 11:53 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The normal pressure around the brain is supposed to be like 5 units of some sort, Josh's is at 105ish.

They may have to open his skull to relieve the pressure until the swelling goes down, then close it back up. They have that method down pretty well these days.
Old 12/26/11, 11:54 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
But you kids are different. The laws have been in place your whole lives, and everyone wears seat belts. I can't figure out why you guys aren't wearing them.
Whatever it is, there is something wrong. There is no reason what-so-ever for teens these days (or anyone for that matter) to not know that wearing a seat belt is not only mandated by law, but idiotic to not wear one.
Yup.
Old 12/26/11, 11:58 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

This is exactly what I'm seeing around here. Obviously it wasn't a horrific accident, even though one was killed and one is on the verge of death...

A third passenger in the truck, Wagner’s cousin, former University of Florida tackle Terron Sanders, who was wearing a seat belt in the front seat next to Rogers, survived the accident with minor injuries
Old 12/27/11, 12:10 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I always wear mine as well. It's just second nature.
Old 12/27/11, 12:37 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 07S197
One of my co-workers was killed today in a vehicle accident. He was on his way into work when he lost control of his truck on black ice, it burst into flames and he was trapped inside. He was on the same road I normally take every day going in over the GE bridge. It happened at 7:30am the same time I would have been going over that bridge had I not had the day off.

I feel very uneasy about this, makes me think about what would have happened if I had gone to work. Would I have been there before him? Could it have been me? Would I have found him there? Could I have helped him? IDK it is really bothering me.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...13/detail.html

In the video, that is his Dodge Ram.
Sorry to hear about your co-worker.

Originally Posted by StangMahn
jim, so sorry to hear. But honestly, you can never think of things like that. What says you wouldn't have been in the other lane? Accidents are just that, accidents. A freak occurence. Don't get yourself too worked up thinking about the what ifs.
I will second this. You never know whats around the next bend until your there.

I'll put on a 4 point harness with a racing seat and be totally happy.
You have to be careful about the 4-5 point harnesses. They are not considered a "legal" seat belt in some places.
Old 12/27/11, 12:52 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

This **** just haunts me. But it also fires me up. (Don't listen to this Nate, it shines a horrific light on basically all of your beliefs and what is under the surface of a lot of it).

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 12/27/11 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12/27/11, 01:28 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I love this song for some reason. But I am a sucker for a string section, horn section, piano, in a rock song.

Old 12/27/11, 01:33 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

However, this is the **** that I love. This **** is how babies get made (probably how I got made, lol)

Good stuff, sends chills through my soul. .

Otis was truly a BAMF, the king of soul music. Just a good ol' Georgia boy, taken way too early.

/

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 12/27/11 at 01:43 AM.
Old 12/27/11, 01:51 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

You people suck. Not a damned soul to talk to.
Old 12/27/11, 02:55 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

You people suck. Not a damned soul to talk to.
I reiterate, you people suck for entertainment value. I thought Al was on night shift, and Nathan was out of school and always up late.

Screw you guys, I think I'll fire up the grill and cook some ribeyes and salmon steaks.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 12/27/11 at 03:00 AM.
Old 12/27/11, 03:15 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

One more that I like, *****es.

And yes, I could drive right now, although I wouldn't even dare do it.
Old 12/27/11, 06:26 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
****ing inlaws and outlaws.
Truth!

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Drew Brees just broke Marino's record.
That's awesome! I'm not a Saints fan, but I do like Brees.

Originally Posted by 07S197
One of my co-workers was killed today in a vehicle accident. He was on his way into work when he lost control of his truck on black ice, it burst into flames and he was trapped inside. He was on the same road I normally take every day going in over the GE bridge. It happened at 7:30am the same time I would have been going over that bridge had I not had the day off.

I feel very uneasy about this, makes me think about what would have happened if I had gone to work. Would I have been there before him? Could it have been me? Would I have found him there? Could I have helped him? IDK it is really bothering me.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...13/detail.html

In the video, that is his Dodge Ram.
Sorry to hear it, that's terrible news

However, this is the **** that I love. This **** is how babies get made (probably how I got made, lol)

Otis Redding - I've Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now) - YouTube

Good stuff, sends chills through my soul. .

Otis was truly a BAMF, the king of soul music. Just a good ol' Georgia boy, taken way too early.

/
Love him! I have his greatest hits on my iPod.

One more that I like, *****es.

Seether - Broken - YouTube

And yes, I could drive right now, although I wouldn't even dare do it.
I love that song too, but I like the version with Amy Lee better
Old 12/27/11, 06:56 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
the amy lee version is awesome!

oh and sean, just a note, if you wanna race on road courses, often times a 4 point harness won't be allowed, it has to be a 5 or 6 point

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast