Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 8/23/11, 01:37 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by codeman94
Gary's name is green...crap.
Oh crap. What's the world coming to

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I just banned my first spammer. Some online trading spam in off topic.
Feel the powaaahhhhh!
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Holy crap everything is shaking. I think we are having an earthquake....not kidding
All's well here. I wonder how Stephen made out though.
That was pretty insane. I was at volleyball practice and we were all like wtf. It wasn't to terrible, felt like and sounded like a train running right beside a house. But it was crazy feeling the whole floor shake. Evidently the epicenter was about 20 miles north of me.

Last edited by 1999Pony; 8/23/11 at 01:41 PM.
Old 8/23/11, 01:41 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Community Service Announcement

What to Do During an Earthquake

Stay as safe as possible during an earthquake. Be aware that some earthquakes are actually foreshocks and a larger earthquake might occur. Minimize your movements to a few steps to a nearby safe place and if you are indoors, stay there until the shaking has stopped and you are sure exiting is safe.
If indoors
  • DROP to the ground; take COVER by getting under a sturdy table or other piece of furniture; and HOLD ON until the shaking stops. If there isn’t a table or desk near you, cover your face and head with your arms and crouch in an inside corner of the building.
  • Stay away from glass, windows, outside doors and walls, and anything that could fall, such as lighting fixtures or furniture.
  • Stay in bed if you are there when the earthquake strikes. Hold on and protect your head with a pillow, unless you are under a heavy light fixture that could fall. In that case, move to the nearest safe place.
  • Use a doorway for shelter only if it is in close proximity to you and if you know it is a strongly supported, loadbearing doorway.
  • Stay inside until the shaking stops and it is safe to go outside. Research has shown that most injuries occur when people inside buildings attempt to move to a different location inside the building or try to leave.
  • Be aware that the electricity may go out or the sprinkler systems or fire alarms may turn on.
  • DO NOT use the elevators.
If outdoors
  • Stay there.
  • Move away from buildings, streetlights, and utility wires.
  • Once in the open, stay there until the shaking stops. The greatest danger exists directly outside buildings, at exits and alongside exterior walls. Many of the 120 fatalities from the 1933 Long Beach earthquake occurred when people ran outside of buildings only to be killed by falling debris from collapsing walls. Ground movement during an earthquake is seldom the direct cause of death or injury. Most earthquake-related casualties result from collapsing walls, flying glass, and falling objects.
If in a moving vehicle
  • Stop as quickly as safety permits and stay in the vehicle. Avoid stopping near or under buildings, trees, overpasses, and utility wires.
  • Proceed cautiously once the earthquake has stopped. Avoid roads, bridges, or ramps that might have been damaged by the earthquake.
If trapped under debris
  • Do not light a match.
  • Do not move about or kick up dust.
  • Cover your mouth with a handkerchief or clothing.
  • Tap on a pipe or wall so rescuers can locate you. Use a whistle if one is available. Shout only as a last resort. Shouting can cause you to inhale dangerous amounts of dust.
Last Modified: Wednesday, 11-Aug-2010 14:41:22 EDT
http://www.fema.gov/hazard/earthquak....shtm?Mod=MKTW

Last edited by cdynaco; 8/23/11 at 01:47 PM.
Old 8/23/11, 01:44 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
glad you are ok stephen!!
Old 8/23/11, 01:45 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Earthquakes make it much easier for me to shake my martinis
Old 8/23/11, 01:53 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Community Service Announcement

While we're at it

What to Do During a Tornado
If you are under a tornado WARNING, seek shelter immediately!
If you are in:
A structure (e.g. residence, small building, school, nursing home, hospital, factory, shopping center, high-rise building)
Then: Go to a pre-designated shelter area such as a safe room, basement, storm cellar, or the lowest building level. If there is no basement, go to the center of an interior room on the lowest level (closet, interior hallway) away from corners, windows, doors, and outside walls. Put as many walls as possible between you and the outside. Get under a sturdy table and use your arms to protect your head and neck. Do not open windows.
If you are in: A vehicle, trailer, or mobile home
Then: Get out immediately and go to the lowest floor of a sturdy, nearby building or a storm shelter. Mobile homes, even if tied down, offer little protection from tornadoes.
If you are in: The outside with no shelter
Then: Lie flat in a nearby ditch or depression and cover your head with your hands. Be aware of the potential for flooding.
Do not get under an overpass or bridge. You are safer in a low, flat location.
Never try to outrun a tornado in urban or congested areas in a car or truck. Instead, leave the vehicle immediately for safe shelter.
Watch out for flying debris. Flying debris from tornadoes causes most fatalities and injuries.

Last Modified: Wednesday, 11-Aug-2010 14:54:25 EDT
http://www.fema.gov/hazard/tornado/to_during.shtm

Old 8/23/11, 01:55 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by cdynaco
While we're at it
But wait, there's more

During a Hurricane

If a hurricane is likely in your area, you should:
  • Listen to the radio or TV for information.
  • Secure your home, close storm shutters, and secure outdoor objects or bring them indoors.
  • Turn off utilities if instructed to do so. Otherwise, turn the refrigerator thermostat to its coldest setting and keep its doors closed.
  • Turn off propane tanks.· Avoid using the phone, except for serious emergencies.
  • Moor your boat if time permits.
  • Ensure a supply of water for sanitary purposes such as cleaning and flushing toilets. Fill the bathtub and other large containers with water.
You should evacuate under the following conditions:
  • If you are directed by local authorities to do so. Be sure to follow their instructions.
  • If you live in a mobile home or temporary structure—such shelters are particularly hazardous during hurricanes no matter how well fastened to the ground.
  • If you live in a high-rise building—hurricane winds are stronger at higher elevations.
  • If you live on the coast, on a floodplain, near a river, or on an inland waterway.
  • If you feel you are in danger.
If you are unable to evacuate, go to your safe room. If you do not have one, follow these guidelines:
  • Stay indoors during the hurricane and away from windows and glass doors.
  • Close all interior doors—secure and brace external doors.
  • Keep curtains and blinds closed. Do not be fooled if there is a lull; it could be the eye of the storm - winds will pick up again.
  • Take refuge in a small interior room, closet, or hallway on the lowest level.
  • Lie on the floor under a table or another sturdy object.
Last Modified: Wednesday, 11-Aug-2010 14:45:43 EDT
http://www.fema.gov/hazard/hurricane/hu_during.shtm
Old 8/23/11, 02:01 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Not copying and pasting it all, but what to do in the event of a zombie apocolypse.

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp
Old 8/23/11, 02:03 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Old 8/23/11, 02:06 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by 1999Pony
That was pretty insane. I was at volleyball practice and we were all like wtf. It wasn't to terrible, felt like and sounded like a train running right beside a house. But it was crazy feeling the whole floor shake. Evidently the epicenter was about 20 miles north of me.
Glad you are ok I'm surprised that's all you felt. I'm about 140 miles northwest of the epicenter and at first I thought a helicopter was close to the building looking for a bank robbery suspect (again), until the blinds started banging agains the window and the metal filing cabinets behind my head were shaking and then the building was shaking. I was about to dive under my desk. My building isn't that tall, but I guess being on the top floor maybe you feel it a lil more Still haven't heard from my friend in Mineral. I hope she's ok.
Old 8/23/11, 02:07 PM
Legacy Tms Member

jill my mom was on the 7th floor of a 10 floor building and she felt it =/ wierd how it was all the way in jersey too!

hope your friends are ok jill!
Old 8/23/11, 02:24 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Scothew
Not copying and pasting it all, but what to do in the event of a zombie apocolypse.

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

Old 8/23/11, 02:30 PM
Post *****

Now I see people who try to hide.
Old 8/23/11, 02:35 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts
I don't get the whole hiding thing anyway
Old 8/23/11, 02:39 PM
Post *****

I don't get the whole hiding thing anyway
That's because you're a bigger man than those who hide.

No offense. I know you're all woman. Not first hand mind you. But I've heard things.
Old 8/23/11, 02:48 PM
Post *****

My building isn't that tall, but I guess being on the top floor maybe you feel it a lil more
I was in a 5.8 in the Bay area on the second floor of our condo - and you definitely feel it more than the ground floor!

Which is why I designed a 3" "sway space" between my 2 story addition (which is top heavy with the tall roof & dormers) and my single story lower house (which is bottom heavy). Hopefully would only cause a bit of shingle/flashing damage and sheetrock/flooring damage in the connecting hallway, rather than structural from one building swaying and wrecking the other building. In theory anyway. Also serves as a fire break like commercial buildings (I play with fire - wood stove in the lower house/pellet stove in the master bedroom suite up in the loft). My contractor and the building inspector thought it was pretty ingenious for an amateur hack like me.

In '93 went thru a back to back 4.0/6.0 within 15 mins, then a 6.1 few hours later and the epi is 5 mi away from here as the crow flies. Way more violent than the rollers I felt in California!

EDIT: And my insurance guy was lackadaisical last month about finding a new policy that still has earthquake coverage. Dude!! I'm surrounded by 4 volcanoes and have lived through one of the strongest quakes in Oregon history right here at the ranch! Duh!

Last edited by cdynaco; 8/23/11 at 03:08 PM.
Old 8/23/11, 03:40 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Yes. I did it the same way Arin did. Get the most posts and then they have to do something. Right?
Well of course, it's a simple question of whether or not they wanna ban the PW's or give them power, 'cause everyone knows they're everywhere

My family/friend's take on what to do in a hurricane. Board up the windows, leave a radio on for the weather, invite a bunch of people over to party.

You think I'm kidding? Hurricane parties rock!

Last edited by mustangGT90210; 8/23/11 at 03:41 PM.
Old 8/23/11, 03:42 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Gary's name is green...crap.
sunuva*****!

all you would have heard was me saying W.......T........F? really slowly. We had one here last summer too, but I missed it cuz I was in Maui.

Now if I was on the phone for a business related call, since I have been told I have a lovely phone voice I would have very politely asked you to hold on for a moment, while I cursed like a sailor until it was over and then returned my attention to your call.
I'm lol'ing at that thought!

we didnt get anything here. Although the freakin people on my facebook feed seem to think it was like a 37 on the scale and freaked the hell out. We might have gotten the equivalence of a crappy cell phone on vibrate.
Old 8/23/11, 04:03 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
It was felt up here too but being in the machine shop I didn't feel it. Other people in the building did.
Old 8/23/11, 05:42 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I felt it in my office just north of Boston. There are claims of feeling it as far north at Maine
Old 8/23/11, 06:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
Well of course, it's a simple question of whether or not they wanna ban the PW's or give them power, 'cause everyone knows they're everywhere

My family/friend's take on what to do in a hurricane. Board up the windows, leave a radio on for the weather, invite a bunch of people over to party.

You think I'm kidding? Hurricane parties rock!
Yea that **** hurricane is messing up my fricken vacation

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast