Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/11, 03:32 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
If you're serious about buying one, that would be a good place. They WILL deal, especially if it sits there for any amount of time. That's where I got my SGT, and at the time no other dealer within 500 miles would even get close to the deal they made, and believe me, I searched high and low for months (Yes, I'm a cheapass ). Was going to buy the 500 there, but they sold the one they had the day before I decided to take the leap, luckily another dealer in the area had one just like it agreed to match the deal I had worked up with them.

They even sent me a box of homemade cookies and a Christmas card signed by the owner and his wife that year thanking me for my business.
Old 4/19/11, 03:51 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Nice Lee! I am so far from being able to make a purchase like that right now it isnt even funny.
Old 4/19/11, 04:18 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Ribeyes tonight!! Fire up that grill!!!
Old 4/19/11, 04:44 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Charlie, figured you might enjoy this.

Took a pic of my 4 most prominent knives.

My kershaw blur rescue model. Has blunt tip, window punch on the end, great knife to carry for ems/firefighter service.
Those are NICE!
The only stag handle I have is my Dad's with a carbon blade. German steel but by Belknap & Sons. (I see a lot similar on ebay that say 'German' or 'Solingen' but US brands from prob 30's - 50's. Makes me wonder if one manufacturer made them and private labelled. Even the sheath with the leather work is the same.) Not stainless, but sure saw a lot of hunting and skinning and fishing!
I've been wondering about getting an auto/rescue knife. There's a portion of the highway that's right along the lake with no guard rail. Over the years a number have slid on the ice into the water and drown. A friend who is a Lt. OHP dove in one December trying to save a gal but he was too late. But what a stud! That water gets freezing!

>Does the blunt protusion/glass breaker make the glass shatter? Or just make a few cracks that you still have to punch out?
Also, I've never tried to cut safety belt but all the safety knives seem to have the serrated edge. Do you need that or can a sharp knife slice through seat belt pretty easy?
I'll check that knife out.

On my backpacking adventure all I had was my Rigid Razorback, a Swiss Army (w/sawblade) and a Buck 106 hand axe.

I'm like you, some are general purpose and some are for special purpose only, like skinning. I used the Buck's pretty hard - good steel, good edge, but don't like they don't have a full tang. That's where I really like the Rigid's.
I am surprised what some of these older pieces are going for! And the Rigid folders are fetching a 100 bucks+! The buyers really seem to pay more if you have the silly box.

I shouldn't have, but I'm fascinated with the Damascus steel. Had to have just one in my assortment. The ebay listing says its similar hardness to 440C stainless. We'll see. 512 folds, made by AC Michaels $54.

Last edited by cdynaco; 4/19/11 at 06:04 PM.
Old 4/19/11, 04:45 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts
party at Lees house
Old 4/19/11, 04:53 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by HOSS429
party at Lees house
Ooooh yeaaah...
Old 4/19/11, 05:19 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Well, tonight I go meet with the recruiter to sign papers to allow the Army to see if my kid is fit to serve.

Oh, and he is definitely competing in the AAA/Ford Student Auto Skill Competition. The tech center got a loaner mustang for the rest of the week for them to practice on
Congrats to hil Jill!! I know he will do great during the competition.

TWSS!

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Ribeyes tonight!! Fire up that grill!!!
T-Bones marinated in homemade terriyaki sauce here!!!

Last edited by BoogieNights; 4/19/11 at 05:24 PM.
Old 4/19/11, 05:23 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My everyday carry pocket knife, kershaw blur with tanto blade.
I'm on number 3 of that one. I really like the knife. Its not to big or to small like some of the others. Holds a great edge. The grip is awesome. It still feels sturdy in your hand when you open it unlike some the other assisted ones that you open from the back. They always feel like the are gonna fly out and land right in my eye or something. The blur is Easily my favorite knife I've ever had.

Originally Posted by HOSS429
party at Lees house
I'm down.
Old 4/19/11, 05:31 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the graphics on the white. Not to sure they look any good on the other colors. But I really like the screw's.
Old 4/19/11, 06:12 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by 07S197
But I really like the screw's.
I like a good screw myself.
Old 4/19/11, 07:17 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

Who doesn't?
Old 4/19/11, 07:19 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 07S197
I like the graphics on the white. Not to sure they look any good on the other colors. But I really like the screw's.
Not bad. Why anybody would ever need a truck like that is beyond me. When you stomp on the gas you can actually hear baby seals being clubbed!

Old 4/19/11, 07:31 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Who doesn't?
Apparently Nathan.

Old 4/19/11, 07:34 PM
Post *****

Apparently Nathan.

I stand corrected sir!
Old 4/19/11, 07:39 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

You do realize what you said goes two ways don't you?

Last edited by Blue Notch; 4/19/11 at 07:44 PM.
Old 4/19/11, 07:43 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Who doesn't?
Yep, I have to agree... speaking of which......

Not bad. Why anybody would ever need a truck like that is beyond me. When you stomp on the gas you can actually hear baby seals being clubbed!
only ballers.....

Apparently Nathan.

Old 4/19/11, 07:45 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
You do realize what you said goes two ways don't you?
Maybe for you, but not for straight guys like us.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 4/19/11, 07:53 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Those are NICE!

I've been wondering about getting an auto/rescue knife. There's a portion of the highway that's right along the lake with no guard rail. Over the years a number have slid on the ice into the water and drown. A friend who is a Lt. OHP dove in one December trying to save a gal but he was too late. But what a stud! That water gets freezing!

>Does the blunt protusion/glass breaker make the glass shatter? Or just make a few cracks that you still have to punch out?
Also, I've never tried to cut safety belt but all the safety knives seem to have the serrated edge. Do you need that or can a sharp knife slice through seat belt pretty easy?
I'll check that knife out.
The glass breaking part of my kershaw is a little small spike at the oppisite end of the blade. On a side or back window, it will shatter one near completely in the frame/seal. Typically in my turnout gear, I would use my spring loaded glass punch which basically keeps you from ramming your fist through with the punch like you can possibly do with my kershaw.

On a front window where the the glass is saftey glass and shatter resistant, it wont do much other than spider web it all. Does allow you to get into the glass a bit quicker, but a hacksaw, hydraulic cutters or sawzall works 100x quicker.

As far as cutting a seat belt, it takes an extremely sharp knife or razor blade. The blunt end of my kershaw works great, as its purpose isnt for a tool, but its safety measure, that end can be put against a patient with no harm done while working with the sharp edge away from patient. As far as the sereated portion, the smooth serations of it work on a seat belt way better than the sharp drastic points on my tanto kershaw. The shart points dont do anything but get hung up in it as where the rounded style cuts through it much easier (same result for rope and other fiberous type materials).

ive had alot of specialized training in crash victim extrication (i.e. getting people out of twisted hunks of metal), so that explains my in depth knowledge on some of this stuff.

Ask me about meth labs sometime, i had a full course on it as well
Old 4/19/11, 07:54 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

I want one so I can run over all the prius drivers on the road (including my boss)
Old 4/19/11, 07:58 PM
Post *****

I love my truck. If it had a vagina I'd f*ck it!

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast