Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 10/30/10, 08:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
May she rot in prison forever you worthless *****.
Originally Posted by StangMahn
whoohoo! I got a job interview Monday with a local Accounting Firm! If I get the job I'll finally be doing something a bit more to my liking, and for considerably more money!
Hope you get it Dave. I know what it feels to do a job you don't like. It's not like I've not tried to find something else. Just bad luck (my dad says) but I think that place has a curse that doesn't let me get out of it
Originally Posted by Knight Rider
Good news! I just bought my first car! (well with my moms help )

2010 Focus S Sedan
And as stated before,
Old 10/30/10, 09:07 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I know the feeling Eduardo! I've been trying to go somewhere else since the beginning of summer, when they screwed me on a new job, so they could hire someone's daughter, whose major has nothing to do with what she was doing there. Frustrated is about the most tame description of what I was feeling. I just can't seem to get anything else, and the economy screwed us all over. Employers want experienced people, and you can't get experience because noone is taking interns.

One of the advantages I have on my side is that a couple people that I get to put on my references this time are some bigger name people around the area, and my interviewers might know them.

I got my fingers crossed. But for tonight, I'm going to go party with some friends of mine. To my liver: get prepared!
Old 10/30/10, 10:02 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Support group member #1!
Originally Posted by StangMahn
If you sell 7, and get a BMW, bad things will happen.

Support Group Member #2
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Hi. My name is Gary and I'm a Stangaholic. It has been 5 minutes since I last thought about a Boss.

You get me Charlie...

Ok guys, here's the deal, the excitement over the Boss is starting to get to me. Ever since I went and talked to my dealer this week just to see how many they were getting and if they were spoken for. They are getting 2, and they have nobody on their list yet. He doesn't know if he will get an LS, but he does know they will be getting 1 Boss in the spring and 1 in the fall.
Plus this dealer has a branch in a much larger city that will be getting 10 Boss's. He felt like if he sold his 2 he might be able to pull 1 from the other store, or if he wasn't able to sell his 2 in this small town we're in they mitt actually take his 2 and sell them up there.

I'm pretty confident that I can be first in line and pick my car, plus I think the way he's talking they'd be willing to sell it to me for MSRP.

Now i don't know pricing yet so that's gonna mean a little something for sure, $39,995 is better than $44,995 for sure, and would make the decision a heck of a lot easier. But if given the opportunity to get an LS, which I actually lover BTW, I guess it's the baller in me, I don't know if I can pass that up. I feel like walking in and saying if you can get an LS then give me, give me, give me!

Other than is what do I part with to get it. I can't afford it otherwise. The vert isn't worth enough, so 7 would have to be parted out and then sold off, because that's the only way to get the most for her.

Or do I wait for what assuredly will be a 2013 Boss that may have 70 style stripes and different colors ton choose from.

As it stands now if I got an LS I'd get a silver. If I got a regular I'd probably get white or yellow.

I hate this feeling, I wish I could find out that the car Is ridiculously over priced and that would put an end to it.

BTW a Boss 302 is my favor Mustang. Other than an R of course. Since I'll never own and original, I'd like to own the newest one.
Old 10/30/10, 12:41 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
All I can say is if you sell 7, your first mustang that you've slaved over for several years, you'll have to live with the regret for the rest of your life. Personally, I see nothing in the new Boss. Long live 7!
Old 10/30/10, 01:17 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
this is a tough spot gary :-\

The new boss is fantastic, arguably the coolest thing since the R you got hiding under that cover I would slay a thousand souls for the chance to have one. and an LS would be the perfect car to park next to said R

BUT

7. 7 is, hands down, the coolest S197 on this board. or any board ive seen. it effin rules. You did all the right mods, with all the right parts and took the time to do it right. It is epicly cool. i honestly dont know what i would do here...

if you don't mind my asking though, how much do you think you could get parting out 7's mods and then selling her?

its a tough call.. the boss is ubersick. probably the best factory offering from ford in ever. but man.. 7 is your baby
Old 10/30/10, 02:03 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
What?!?!

Gary actually can't afford something?!?!?!

Is the Raptor needed to be kept? You could ditch that and you've still got a Bronco for your truck duties. All while keeping 7, who I couldn't get rid of if she were mine
Old 10/30/10, 02:24 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
When I read on the other thread that you had inquired with your local guy about allocation, I thought to myself "Gary's wheels are turnin'..." LOL

Yeah that is a tough one. Boss 302 would be awesome, especially next to R. And you could always redo another GT/CS down the road. But Seven itself was kind of a lightning strike.
Old 10/30/10, 02:44 PM
Post *****

Today is the BIGGEST DANG DAY of the year at this small time mountain valley horse ranch.
Especially since although I grow a bunch of Ponderosa's, I can't seem to grow hardly a lick of grass. LOL

It's HAY DAY!!!

Now no matter how deep the snow may get, the herd will have plenty of hay. So me and the gang are havin' a harvest party today!

PS: Which is my favorite farm implement?

The SQUEEZE FTMFW!!
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-hay.1-2010-w.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-hay.2-2010-w.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-hay.4-2010-w.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-hay.5-2010-w.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-hay.6-2010-w.jpg  

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/30/10 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10/30/10, 03:40 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
All I can say is if you sell 7, your first mustang that you've slaved over for several years, you'll have to live with the regret for the rest of your life. Personally, I see nothing in the new Boss. Long live 7!
I would totally regret selling 7. It is my first Mustang. I said I'd keep it forever and I just can't get rid of it. It's long since paid for, the kids love it, it's like part of the family.

I've backed away from the ledge for now. I still don't know pricing anyway. The thing that had me going for a bit is that the Boss would be a hard to get car, especially the LS, and it would be rare for those that get one. If I could get one wihtout an ADM that would be cool. But just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I think I'll just throw some more money at 7 again. WTF. Why not? I'm already $50k into it already, what's a little more. Right?

Originally Posted by future9er24
this is a tough spot gary :-\

The new boss is fantastic, arguably the coolest thing since the R you got hiding under that cover I would slay a thousand souls for the chance to have one. and an LS would be the perfect car to park next to said R

BUT

7. 7 is, hands down, the coolest S197 on this board. or any board ive seen. it effin rules. You did all the right mods, with all the right parts and took the time to do it right. It is epicly cool. i honestly dont know what i would do here...

if you don't mind my asking though, how much do you think you could get parting out 7's mods and then selling her?

its a tough call.. the boss is ubersick. probably the best factory offering from ford in ever. but man.. 7 is your baby
I'd be very lucky to get $30k for car and all parts on the high end of the scale. And that's alot of labor removing and putting parts back on. I'd have the wheels and tires, Kooks headers, Brembos, Saleen SC, fuel pumps, shocks, struts, 2 sets of springs, control arms STB, several pulleys, race radiator, 2 complete brake duct kits, 3 or 4 grilles, couple of shifters, handheld tuner, and so on and so on. Honestly a HUGE PITA!!!

So I'd lose $20k on the deal, but in reality I've lost $20k already. Plus I'd probably lose another $20k over the life of the Boss so the math sucks. There's not alot the Boss has that I couldn't do. I bet I could get those seats for $2k from FRPP soon. Especially since they are sharing them with the GT500 for 2012. I'd like to add a Watts link and the Boss doesn't have that anyway.

The idea of the Boss LS is to buy another car that I'd never have to mod (i.e. throw money away) but the car I have has all that stuff anyway. I could always strip 7 down and make a pretty racer out of it too. That wouldn't be a bad idea either.

But in the end I'm gonna keep what I got. If I got rid of anything it would be the Vert. I've got thousands of dollars in parts for it and I know once I really start putting it together I'm not gonna want to get rid of it either.

Or I'll just wait and see what 2013 brings. Or the refresh. I've got my s197, maybe I just wait.

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
What?!?!

Gary actually can't afford something?!?!?!

Is the Raptor needed to be kept? You could ditch that and you've still got a Bronco for your truck duties. All while keeping 7, who I couldn't get rid of if she were mine
Raptors not going anywhere! I love that truck. Plus its my daily and I need it for work somewhat.

I can't bring myself to get rid of 7. The Bronco is reserved for Zoe in 4 years. If I sold it she'd kill me. The R is for sale over my dead body, so that only leaves the Vert which isn't worth enough. I'm better keeping it and trying to talk the wife into letting Regan drive it while she's in school.

So that's it I guess. I just got excited that I could get one when alot of people can't I guess. But there's always something better. Always. It never ends.

When I read on the other thread that you had inquired with your local guy about allocation, I thought to myself "Gary's wheels are turnin'..." LOL

Yeah that is a tough one. Boss 302 would be awesome, especially next to R. And you could always redo another GT/CS down the road. But Seven itself was kind of a lightning strike.
It would be. Because there are two Bosses it makes it harder for me. To be honest the regular one just won't be rare enough for me to jump at. While the LS would be.

I think ultimately between you and me and the fencepost I will sit this out wait for the current buyers to take the depreciation on them, and then ****** up a very gently used low mileage LS just like I did with the R. These things will go down, and if I right and watch I'll end up with the car anyway. Minus the giant hit in the pocket book. Let some other poor sap take the depreciation hit. 5 years + ought to be good. I can wait. I've got plenty of toys to play with.

Today is the BIGGEST DANG DAY of the year at this small time mountain valley horse ranch.
Especially since although I grow a bunch of Ponderosa's, I can't seem to grow hardly a lick of grass. LOL

It's HAY DAY!!!

Now no matter how deep the snow may get, the herd will have plenty of hay. So me and the gang are havin' a harvest party today!

PS: Which is my favorite farm implement?

The SQUEEZE FTMFW!!
That's an *** load of hay! Looks like a lot of work this winter for you to get the hay out of the hay barn and in front of the horses! Yikes.
Old 10/30/10, 05:20 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Gary,

So I'm with Nathan on SEVEN, it can't be sold. But if for some odd reason one day it were to suddenly go transformers on us and look like a BOSS LS then please steal the Saleen off it first. I know of a good home for it.
Old 10/30/10, 05:24 PM
Post *****

That's an *** load of hay! Looks like a lot of work this winter for you to get the hay out of the hay barn and in front of the horses! Yikes.
One flake at a time my friend, one flake at a time.

That's why I have to make wheel barrow paths to the barn.

Old 10/30/10, 07:55 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I've backed away from the ledge for now. I still don't know pricing anyway. The thing that had me going for a bit is that the Boss would be a hard to get car, especially the LS, and it would be rare for those that get one. If I could get one wihtout an ADM that would be cool. But just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I think I'll just throw some more money at 7 again. WTF. Why not? I'm already $50k into it already, what's a little more. Right?

I think ultimately between you and me and the fencepost I will sit this out wait for the current buyers to take the depreciation on them, and then ****** up a very gently used low mileage LS just like I did with the R. These things will go down, and if I right and watch I'll end up with the car anyway. Minus the giant hit in the pocket book. Let some other poor sap take the depreciation hit. 5 years + ought to be good. I can wait. I've got plenty of toys to play with.
Now build a nice big guardrail!

Cowl hood FTW!

Exactly what I'd do if I were in your spot.
Old 10/30/10, 08:03 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Now Gary's talkin'
Old 10/30/10, 09:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
I would respond to what you had to say Gary but it looks as if you have your decision made lol

One flake at a time my friend, one flake at a time.

That's why I have to make wheel barrow paths to the barn.

Holy **** Charlie!!!! Thats a lot of freaking snow fml its coming soon .
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Now build a nice big guardrail!

Cowl hood FTW!

Exactly what I'd do if I were in your spot.
ummmm Yeah me no likeie cowl hoods to be honest. I think there are a lot of better looking hoods that are out there that would be cool for 7
Old 10/30/10, 09:26 PM
Post *****

I've just been thinking out loud I guess. Nice to have people that understand this stuff to talk to about it.

The wife just tells me I'm F'n nuts.
Old 10/30/10, 09:31 PM
Post *****

As far as the cowl hood goes...

I'm not for any hood that is not functional. So no fake scoops. And to be honest I don't like the front inlets on something like the KR hoods. It would get old with me. Plus its really not functional as I don't or can't have a ram air setup with my CAI, and I'm not changing CAI because I've got a 90mm MAF with this one.

So that leaves cowl hoods and heat extractor hoods.

The bonus for me with the cowl hood is I'll be able to mount a 2010 GT STB over the Saleen SC and under the hood. That seals the deal for me. Plus I'm talking about a 2.5" cowl, not some gaudy 4" cowl.

So cowl it is. I get heat extraction as a bonus. Heat soak is a ***** on a car with headers and a twin screw sc.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 10/30/10 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10/30/10, 10:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
oh ok I see that makes sense! I thought you were doing it just to have it on there not for an actual purpose lol
Old 10/30/10, 10:35 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

The wife just tells me I'm F'n nuts.

Smart lady you've married.
Old 10/30/10, 10:35 PM
Post *****

Got a Bronco mod today...

$12 Ford steering wheel cover.