Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 7/9/10, 04:10 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vacation already over Dennis??
Old 7/9/10, 05:35 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
thanks dirk for the help, lets hope you are right about all that!!

dennis i want chocolate!!!!!
Old 7/9/10, 07:12 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Like I said before Diana the regular mechanics are a lot cheaper than the dealership. Since the car doesnt have a warranty anymore I would find a reputable mechanic to start taking it too.
Old 7/9/10, 07:26 AM
Legacy Tms Member

...thats something i have to research then....
Old 7/9/10, 07:30 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Well what you do is start asking around and see if anybody can refer you to one that they have had good experiences with.
Old 7/9/10, 07:52 AM
Legacy Tms Member

most of the people i know now are in NY....
Old 7/9/10, 07:59 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
Time to head home...
I hate that day on vacation.
Old 7/9/10, 08:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by zhovkva89
i dont think there is an invincible car, the driver needs to learn the way the car moves and feels and be able to control it and keep it as safe as possible...on the road u control the car so anything like that happening isnt the cars fault for not stopping...
Originally Posted by zhovkva89
oh crappolla...in my car another issue might be the timing belt...supposed to be changed every 90k and 7 years...im at 12 years and 81270miles
This may be almost invincible as a DD

But seriously, I suggest you do a full tune up to it and change all the belts & cooling hoses while you're at it since that car goes through hell and back due to the mileage & the year round usage of it, especially through winter. The squealing must be the accessory belt, not the timing belt. Those won't squeal, unless one of the idlers is a little dead, but the idler will make the noise. I wish I could help you out more, as well as the others. Dennis is the one closest to you Fix her car dude!

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
That's not a whale, that's Oprah sun bathing at the beach!!!

Stupid *****!

Last edited by edumspeed; 7/9/10 at 08:40 AM.
Old 7/9/10, 09:41 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
The new wheels and tires are going on the car right now!
Old 7/9/10, 09:47 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
nice! I like the wheels you picked!
Old 7/9/10, 09:57 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

The new wheels and tires are going on the car right now!
Awesome

Those should look awesome on Seven Gunther. (I dont know how to put the 2 little dots on top sorry)
Old 7/9/10, 10:15 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Its all good Charlie. I should have worded it better. I was in kind of a rush when I wrote that.

Yeah t is a gamble when getting up in the miles but I personally wont stress over it being a time thing more than a mileage thing. Thats what I was trying to say. She still has around 9,000 miles before it should be changed.
No probs Dirk. Just didn't want her to take it lightly.
Over on the PT forum a snapped belt is a semi-regular post by newbies that bought used ones. The belts are good for 100k, and most of the breaks are 110 - 120k. The repairs are well over a $grand.
And there are often reports of the idler pulley bearing making noise when mileage is getting up there. Since its FWD and getting to the belt is a pia, they recommend doing belt, idler pulley & water pump all at the same time once you're in there.
My first experience with toothed timing belts was my '74 Jensen-Healey/Lotus and it said to replace every 40 or 50k as I remember. I was so paranoid I would replace them @ 25k! LOL

One a side note, my PT is in the Dealer for a power steering issue under warranty. So they gave me this Toy Corolla as a loaner. I love DOHC 4's, but what a gutless 4 banger! Talk about no get up and a boring drive! Its funny cause I hated PT's for years when they came out, but it is a practical winter car for me that I can put chains on. (Ford didn't have any 4 cyl economy hatchback that has any clearance.) But they are surprisingly fun to drive! Lot's of DOHC 4 power and acceleration in traffic. They even handle great with their own watts link that comes stock. And way more get up & go than that Toyota junk!

Back to Ford talk...

Last edited by cdynaco; 7/9/10 at 10:17 AM.
Old 7/9/10, 11:34 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Yeah I wasnt to crazy about the PT Cruiser at all when I had to rent one when my F150 was in the body shop getting fixed. It didnt have near the power I expected it would have. Plus it sucked on gas mileage. I hated driving it. Anyways, thats enough of non Ford talk from me.

In Mustang news the wifey is back East in KY right now looking at a place to rent and set up as well as pick up her Stang. More details will follow.
Old 7/9/10, 12:00 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights

In Mustang news the wifey is back East in KY right now looking at a place to rent and set up as well as pick up her Stang. More details will follow.
Naomi been feeling any better?

Plus it sucked on gas mileage.
Its cause its 3100#. There's actually some sheet metal in it (definitely thicker than my B). And I found the auto's are geared much peppier than the 5spds I tried. I'm getting about 23mpg for my all around driving - same as my V8! LOL But I can throw sacks of COB & feed in, 50# salt blocks etc. during winter here at the ranch and not have to drive the F150 (about 12mpg in 4WD) as much. Fact I just leave the F150 front wheels chained up to open a path to the highway for the Cruiser until the neighbor gets around to plowing.

Last edited by cdynaco; 7/9/10 at 12:09 PM.
Old 7/9/10, 12:12 PM
Post *****

New wheels!!!

Link to rest of pics...
https://themustangsource.com/f637/se...4/#post5908423
Old 7/9/10, 12:13 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Naomi been feeling any better?
Yeah she is doing much better. She still has pain if she over stresses or over works herself but Tylenol eases that pain down which is a good thing. She has an appointment at Vanderbilt in Nashville on Thursday of next week.

Its cause its 3100#. There's actually some sheet metal in it (definitely thicker than my B). And I found the auto's are geared much peppier than the 5spds I tried. I'm getting about 23mpg for my all around driving - same as my V8! LOL But I can throw sacks of COB & feed in, 50# salt blocks etc. during winter here at the ranch and not have to drive the F150 (about 12mpg in 4WD) as much. Fact I just leave the F150 front wheels chained up to open a path to the highway for the Cruiser until the neighbor gets around to plowing.
Yeah we had to rent the automatic and it wasnt peppy at all. I am just glad we didnt have to pay for the rental. I would have gotten something else if we were paying for it. Altho I dont think they liked it when I returned it and it had a few oil spots on the floorboard due to hauling around dirty parts for my Celica when the tranny decided that it had enough and wanted to come apart on me.
Old 7/9/10, 12:15 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

New wheels!!!

Link to rest of pics...
https://themustangsource.com/f637/se...4/#post5908423
OMG Gary that right there is just pure sexiness. She looks awesome with those wheels.
Old 7/9/10, 12:19 PM
Post *****

Thank you! I love them on the car. They turned out better than I imagined. 19's are big. I can't imagine that I considered 20's. The 295 tire really doesn't bulge on the rear, and as far as the offset, it is very close to rubbing the fender, very close. I may wind up putting a different spring on the rear. Something with a 1" drop instead of a 1.5" drop. But I love it the way it is.

I just need to put those Brembos on the front because the wheels are very open and need bigger brakes!!!
Old 7/9/10, 12:26 PM
Legacy Tms Member

looks gorgeous...
Old 7/9/10, 12:29 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Thank you! I love them on the car. They turned out better than I imagined. 19's are big. I can't imagine that I considered 20's. The 295 tire really doesn't bulge on the rear, and as far as the offset, it is very close to rubbing the fender, very close. I may wind up putting a different spring on the rear. Something with a 1" drop instead of a 1.5" drop. But I love it the way it is.

I just need to put those Brembos on the front because the wheels are very open and need bigger brakes!!!
Now I dont know if you would want to do this or not but I just thought I would throw it out there. If the clearance is to close for your comfort you could always roll the inner lip on the fender to get you a little bit more clearance. Like I said I am just throwing it out there.

Also look what I just happen to stumble upon on TMS. We got a new section. It is right above Mustang of the Month. Here is the link.

https://themustangsource.com/f811/

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast