Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/10, 07:33 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
here's a couple pics from detailing my car and my aunts, and doing my brakes

sophia doing a wheelie! hahah

2010 wheels on my car, kinda like it!

yeahhh...they needed to be done

super dirty, havent quite 100% figured out which springs

all finished

they needed to be done, badly. so bad in fact, that the rear pistons, which are the screw in/out type had actually extended so far that they came out of their socket. We also had to file a bit of the paint off the ends of the brakes where it looks like they dipped them in, so they'd fit properly.

As a final note, those idiots put different sized lugnuts on the car when they replaced the ones with the locks...so each tire has 4 lugnuts of one size, and 1 of a smaller size, so add lugnuts to my list of things to replace. I wonder how black chrome ones would look with my wheels?

as for the detailing, I ran into something I've never seen before. On the rocker panels and the trunk lid, the clay didnt want to slide across, no matter how much detailer I sprayed on there. And when we put wax on the trunklid, the wax didnt wanna wipe off in patches. I dont get it?

Last edited by StangMahn; 7/7/10 at 07:35 PM.
Old 7/7/10, 07:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey David hows the Lexus doing ? I just seen your post Wow are they trying to go under or what !

PS Your new car is lookin better & better ! :_) I take it your still happy right ?
Old 7/7/10, 07:56 PM
NTTAWWT

yup, still loving it - have figured out what I think I want for a daily driver in a year or two though....

valve spring replacements are going to cost them tons of money
Old 7/7/10, 08:05 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
so I've decided I like this head unit, nice and clean looking...thoughts?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113MP44...wAll=N&tp=5684

I'd rather get a dbl din setup with nav, but I can't begin to think about affording one for now.
For $10 more you can get a somewhat better version...$50 more gives you 5 line display which you'll be thankful for in the end when you're scrolling for music. There's also coupons out there where you can save $20. Not sure if they'll work or not though. A rear USB is also nice if you don't want to have your USB or ipod out in plain site.

all finished

they needed to be done, badly. so bad in fact, that the rear pistons, which are the screw in/out type had actually extended so far that they came out of their socket. We also had to file a bit of the paint off the ends of the brakes where it looks like they dipped them in, so they'd fit properly.

As a final note, those idiots put different sized lugnuts on the car when they replaced the ones with the locks...so each tire has 4 lugnuts of one size, and 1 of a smaller size, so add lugnuts to my list of things to replace. I wonder how black chrome ones would look with my wheels?

as for the detailing, I ran into something I've never seen before. On the rocker panels and the trunk lid, the clay didnt want to slide across, no matter how much detailer I sprayed on there. And when we put wax on the trunklid, the wax didnt wanna wipe off in patches. I dont get it?
I would guess H&Rs, but who knows. No idea what was wrong with the paint, but she looks good!

Last edited by Blue Notch; 7/7/10 at 08:07 PM.
Old 7/7/10, 08:07 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
David-Mustang looks good! So you changed the pads, rotors, and fluid? I'm no expert but those might be Roush springs. I'm not sure of the colors on sn95's. But Roush springs on the s197 tend to be that color blue. The Ford blue is a little different I think. But I could definitely be wrong.

All 4 wheels arrived today. No damage and they look great. These wheels are going to fundamentally change this car. No more polished aluminum anymore. Especially when the hood pins go bye-bye someday.

And Discount Tire called and said the rear tires were in, but the fronts hadn't arrived yet.
Old 7/7/10, 08:14 PM

H&Rs are the only blue ones I know if in that color and they're really low. BBKs are a lighter blue. There's also these, but I doubt they're what you have.
Old 7/7/10, 08:30 PM
NTTAWWT

I didnt change the brake fluid, I probably should have, but it looked okay for now.

I really like those wheels, someone should photoshop those onto my car...
Old 7/7/10, 08:30 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Hey Charlie I was heading into our down town core today from the airport & thought I can almost see you the mountains in the back are the Olympic Mts. just across the water.
Cool! I backpacked in the OLY's in '76. Couldn't believe it - the freakin' ferns were as big as my Land Cruiser!!

I was up your way again in 01 on the way to Banff. Stayed overnight in Victoria, did Butchart Gardens, ferry over to the city and over to the Rockies...
Old 7/7/10, 08:31 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

I really was talking about new tires and wheels!
Old 7/8/10, 05:42 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts

all finished

Sophia's lookin' really good David!

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
David-Mustang looks good! So you changed the pads, rotors, and fluid? I'm no expert but those might be Roush springs. I'm not sure of the colors on sn95's. But Roush springs on the s197 tend to be that color blue. The Ford blue is a little different I think. But I could definitely be wrong.

All 4 wheels arrived today. No damage and they look great. These wheels are going to fundamentally change this car. No more polished aluminum anymore. Especially when the hood pins go bye-bye someday.

And Discount Tire called and said the rear tires were in, but the fronts hadn't arrived yet.
I really, really like those!
Old 7/8/10, 07:23 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
good morning everyone!

david, sophia is one hell of a gorgeous stang!!!

.....so my car is dying i think....it got 2 new tires last night.....boyfriend said that something is going on in my engine, exhaust, heat shield...i dont know what any of this means....goddammit i just want my car to work!

Originally Posted by pony racer
requires thong/g-string and some exotic dancing

i quit in may
Old 7/8/10, 08:12 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If it is your heat shield on your exhaust that is cracking or whatever you can take it off and be done with it. I took the heat shield off my Celica cuz it was cracked and making a god awful noise and problem solved.

The heat shield was only there to prevent anybody from getting burned
Old 7/8/10, 09:02 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts
Vacation officially starts in 60 minutes. I can't wait to get out of here
Old 7/8/10, 09:07 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
If it is your heat shield on your exhaust that is cracking or whatever you can take it off and be done with it. I took the heat shield off my Celica cuz it was cracked and making a god awful noise and problem solved.

The heat shield was only there to prevent anybody from getting burned
Sean (my bf) is taking my car to honda for a full inspection and all that and then estimates of how much all the repairs will cost..it seems like more then the heat shield and i hope it doesnt cost me too too much

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
have a great vacation jill!!!!
Old 7/8/10, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Have fun Jill!!
Old 7/8/10, 09:48 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Originally Posted by zhovkva89
Sean (my bf) is taking my car to honda for a full inspection and all that and then estimates of how much all the repairs will cost..it seems like more then the heat shield and i hope it doesnt cost me too too much
To be honest if it is an exhaust thing then you should have him take it to a muffler shop and not the dealership. The dealership cost way more than a muffler shop would.

have a great vacation jill!!!!
X2 Have a safe and wonderful vacation Jill
Old 7/8/10, 10:49 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Have fun Jill! You deserve it.
Old 7/8/10, 11:27 AM
Legacy Tms Member

dirk, issue is idk if its only the exhaust....it could possibly be other things...and i need it all fixed since i do have to go for inspection this month!
Old 7/8/10, 11:56 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Ok what is it doing?? Maybe we can figure this out on here
Old 7/8/10, 12:19 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Ok what is it doing?? Maybe we can figure this out on here
when i start the car it sounds like it backfires, sitting in park with the car on it squeaks and sounds like clanging, the exhaust also sounds like a louder and deeper drone to it... thats just most of what im hearing

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast