Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 7/8/10, 12:27 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Do you knwo when the last time the muffler has been replaced if at all??
Old 7/8/10, 12:29 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Do you knwo when the last time the muffler has been replaced if at all??
the car is 1998...i dont know and am not sure when anything has been replaced, ill have to ask my mom tonite to get the records out to see....but do u think its serious? like my exhaust is rattling and whatnot...
Old 7/8/10, 12:32 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Something weird happened while I was driving today. I was at a stoplight where it merges into one lane from two right after. I'm next to an suv and I don't want to get stuck behind it so I give it about 1/2 throttle. The suv suddenly decides they don't want to get left behind so they floor it. I then give it a little more gas and easily pull way ahead of them. Then they get mad so they start honking and flashing their lights at me. I didn't know what to think.
Old 7/8/10, 12:34 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Something weird happened while I was driving today. I was at a stoplight where it merges into one lane from two right after. I'm next to an suv and I don't want to get stuck behind it so I give it about 1/2 throttle. The suv suddenly decides they don't want to get left behind so they floor it. I then give it a little more gas and easily pull way ahead of them. Then they get mad so they start honking and flashing their lights at me. I didn't know what to think.
I'd be thinking what an A-hole they were.

I would have tapped the brakes and then chambered a round.
Old 7/8/10, 12:50 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
wow something similar happend to me last night when i was coming home from NY...

i was on a THREE lane road so the guy behind me couldve switched lanes easily! i was already going 70 and i felt that was a good enough speed for me...instead this a-hole behind me started highbeaming me, tapped his horn a few times, like really?! i then went into the middle lane so he could pass me and i was still going 70, he floored it !!! like wow...theres 3 lanes buddy u couldve passed me!
Old 7/8/10, 12:52 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by zhovkva89
the car is 1998...i dont know and am not sure when anything has been replaced, ill have to ask my mom tonite to get the records out to see....but do u think its serious? like my exhaust is rattling and whatnot...
Its not serious at all. I think it just needs a new exhaust put on from the manifold back.
Old 7/8/10, 12:54 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Its not serious at all. I think it just needs a new exhaust put on from the manifold back.
but what about the squeaking sound coming from the engine and the backfiring when i start it, then shut it off and it like gurgles off...
Old 7/8/10, 01:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Maybe the doughnut is got between manifold & pipe ?
Old 7/8/10, 02:09 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by pony racer
requires thong/g-string and some exotic dancing

i quit in may
I haven't had one in a week, tops
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
David-Mustang looks good! So you changed the pads, rotors, and fluid? I'm no expert but those might be Roush springs. I'm not sure of the colors on sn95's. But Roush springs on the s197 tend to be that color blue. The Ford blue is a little different I think. But I could definitely be wrong.

All 4 wheels arrived today. No damage and they look great. These wheels are going to fundamentally change this car. No more polished aluminum anymore. Especially when the hood pins go bye-bye someday.

And Discount Tire called and said the rear tires were in, but the fronts hadn't arrived yet.
Dear god, gorgeous!
good morning everyone!

david, sophia is one hell of a gorgeous stang!!!

.....so my car is dying i think....it got 2 new tires last night.....boyfriend said that something is going on in my engine, exhaust, heat shield...i dont know what any of this means....goddammit i just want my car to work!

Heat shield, it's the piece of metal over your header. It's not neccessary, nothing to worry about. Just take it off
If it is your heat shield on your exhaust that is cracking or whatever you can take it off and be done with it. I took the heat shield off my Celica cuz it was cracked and making a god awful noise and problem solved.

The heat shield was only there to prevent anybody from getting burned
Old 7/8/10, 02:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by StangMahn
here's a couple pics from detailing my car and my aunts, and doing my brakes

sophia doing a wheelie! hahah

2010 wheels on my car, kinda like it!

yeahhh...they needed to be done

super dirty, havent quite 100% figured out which springs

all finished

they needed to be done, badly. so bad in fact, that the rear pistons, which are the screw in/out type had actually extended so far that they came out of their socket. We also had to file a bit of the paint off the ends of the brakes where it looks like they dipped them in, so they'd fit properly.

As a final note, those idiots put different sized lugnuts on the car when they replaced the ones with the locks...so each tire has 4 lugnuts of one size, and 1 of a smaller size, so add lugnuts to my list of things to replace. I wonder how black chrome ones would look with my wheels?

as for the detailing, I ran into something I've never seen before. On the rocker panels and the trunk lid, the clay didnt want to slide across, no matter how much detailer I sprayed on there. And when we put wax on the trunklid, the wax didnt wanna wipe off in patches. I dont get it?
Looking good!
David-Mustang looks good! So you changed the pads, rotors, and fluid? I'm no expert but those might be Roush springs. I'm not sure of the colors on sn95's. But Roush springs on the s197 tend to be that color blue. The Ford blue is a little different I think. But I could definitely be wrong.

All 4 wheels arrived today. No damage and they look great. These wheels are going to fundamentally change this car. No more polished aluminum anymore. Especially when the hood pins go bye-bye someday.

And Discount Tire called and said the rear tires were in, but the fronts hadn't arrived yet.
Those wheels will look great on Seven.
good morning everyone!

.....so my car is dying i think....it got 2 new tires last night.....boyfriend said that something is going on in my engine, exhaust, heat shield...i dont know what any of this means....goddammit i just want my car to work!
when i start the car it sounds like it backfires, sitting in park with the car on it squeaks and sounds like clanging, the exhaust also sounds like a louder and deeper drone to it... thats just most of what im hearing
but what about the squeaking sound coming from the engine and the backfiring when i start it, then shut it off and it like gurgles off...
If the heat shield is cracked, it's not too expensive. Contrary to common belief, it's there to help keep the radiator cooling fans from frying due to the exhaust heat, not for preventing someone to burn, since if you touch it while hot it WILL burn like hell. From the other symptoms you've described, it looks like your exhaust system is like a Swiss cheese right now due to corrosion. That racketing and burbling sound indicates exhaust gasses leaking through somewhere in the exhaust system, either on the downpipe or the muffler itself. Take it to a muffler shop and save some good money. The "stealer" will rape you out of your $$, especially because it's an Honda.
Old 7/8/10, 02:31 PM

I'd be thinking what an A-hole they were.

I would have tapped the brakes and then chambered a round.
I'm just worried the idiot might do something to my car.
Old 7/8/10, 02:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
This was posted on POTR: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...55&postcount=1
Old 7/8/10, 04:27 PM

I saw that a few days ago.
Old 7/8/10, 05:07 PM
Legacy Tms Member

thanks guys for the advice...im hoping its something easy like the exhaust only...the squeaking sound was also coming from the engine...BF told me that it could be the belt...idk

i need to get my car to pass inspection this month, otherwise i wouldnt be as worried sick...

instead of taking the car for repairs on saturday were taking it for like a multipoint inspection...basically to check the whole car, no repairs, and whatever is wrong with it, itll get taken to a shop to get repaired... i do agree, Honda would just want my money...

Last edited by jerseygirl; 7/8/10 at 05:09 PM.
Old 7/8/10, 05:14 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by edumspeed

Wow... that is beyond demolished! Surprised either one of them is alive.
Old 7/8/10, 05:19 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by edumspeed
wow.....wow.......thats just wow....
Old 7/8/10, 05:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good morning everyone!

hi diana
Old 7/8/10, 05:43 PM
Legacy Tms Member

hey edson! how are u?
Old 7/8/10, 05:47 PM
Post *****

wow.....wow.......thats just wow....
Yup... goes to show IRS doesn't cure everything under the sun as they claim - esp bad judgment.
Old 7/8/10, 05:51 PM
Post *****

Hey Nathan or Gary or anyone...
Since you've been making/editing vids I have a question. Can you change the view 90 degs like a still shot?
I turned the camera so a singer would fill my camera screen vertically. Now downloading it to my software it says I can't rotate... so I'm watching it sideways LOL That sucks! Looks like I screwed up and won't do that anymore.
Do you know how I can change it back? Or do I have to go frame at a time and rotate 90 degs? (ugh! take forever and a day...)

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast