Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/10, 08:28 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by 07S197
I wish I lived in TX, I would buy that house in a second. Though I doubt I could afford it.

The perks of living in a house you built.

You'd be surprised. Housing here is very affordable compared to almost anywhere else.

A brand spanking new 2,000 sq.ft. house on a 1/4 acre city lot would be about $230,000.00

A 20 year old house the same size on a similar lot in an older neighborhood would be about $160,000.00 right now. And that's about the same price it was 3 years ago. Prices have not fallen here, but they haven't gone up either.
Old 2/8/10, 08:31 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
evening everyone

long freakin day. my test went okay, but I didnt really get finished, probably noone did though, so he should curve. then I totally forgot about a paper that was due. So I'm going to do it now, and take a letter grade penalty. 4 more days then I get to go to charleston and relax for a while
That sucks David. Good luck with the paper!
Old 2/8/10, 08:40 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
You'd be surprised. Housing here is very affordable compared to almost anywhere else.

A brand spanking new 2,000 sq.ft. house on a 1/4 acre city lot would be about $230,000.00

A 20 year old house the same size on a similar lot in an older neighborhood would be about $160,000.00 right now. And that's about the same price it was 3 years ago. Prices have not fallen here, but they haven't gone up either.
Sooooo if math serves me right your's is about 500K, up here a house like yours would be about 800K

It costs about 500K here to get 2,500 sq.ft & 1/4 acre in a sub-development.
Old 2/8/10, 08:43 PM
Post *****

Sooooo if math serves me right your's is about 500K, up here a house like yours would be about 800K

It costs about 500K here to get 2,500 sq.ft & 1/4 acre in a sub-development.
Yup. $500k. Well $525k but thats essentially how it works. I plan on building my own 2,500-2,800 sq. ft. house on a 1/2 acre lot we have vacant for hopefully about $250k.
Old 2/8/10, 08:47 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah at some point I want CS front and rear covers, then I will either run w/o a front plate or use a hide-a-way bracket.

I get 39% tint done at the local shop and then I'm not over the 35% with the 4-5% factory solar tint.
The hide-a-way bracket is nice. I have it. I gotta get under there in a few weeks and pull it off. I'm thinking of the motorized version for the next Stang.
Old 2/8/10, 08:50 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by denlem
The hide-a-way bracket is nice. I have it. I gotta get under there in a few weeks and pull it off. I'm thinking of the motorized version for the next Stang.
It is nice. Front plates are an abomination on these cars. It's been one of the best things I ever put on mine.
Old 2/8/10, 08:51 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Yup. $500k. Well $525k but thats essentially how it works. I plan on building my own 2,500-2,800 sq. ft. house on a 1/2 acre lot we have vacant for hopefully about $250k.
I have been looking for a place closer to work over the past few months. Its just not working out. Work is closer to Boston and the price seems to go up 100K every 20 miles closer I get Who has that kinda money???
Old 2/8/10, 08:52 PM
Post *****

I have been looking for a place closer to work over the past few months. Its just not working out. Work is closer to Boston and the price seems to go up 100K every 20 miles closer I get Who has that kinda money???
Harvard professors and union bosses.
Old 2/8/10, 08:57 PM

It is nice. Front plates are an abomination on these cars. It's been one of the best things I ever put on mine.
A month after having the car I got stopped for no plate. Cop was on the same side of the road as me sitting there in the car with radar. My detector was going off. I went by slow, but saw his lights come on to get me. He must have watching in his mirror and saw it missing. He told me I had no plate, but I said yes I do. I got out and pulled it up. Told him I was just coming back from a car show. I was actually just coming home from having it dynoed. He lectured me with a red plate I need two of them. I think he was just pissed that he left his speed trap and made no money off of me. Motorized one will be better. Pop it back up while the cop pulls you over. hehehe
Old 2/8/10, 08:59 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Harvard professors and union bosses.

I drive the Mass Pike into work every day coming from a direction referred to a metro west. Thats where all of the $$$$ comes from. I would say 60% of the cars I pass are 50K+ and it is not unusual to see the occasional Rolls Royce, Bentley or Maybach.
Old 2/8/10, 09:00 PM

Still cheaper than finding a job closer to home. Any job I find is 40-50 miles away and pays diddly.
Old 2/8/10, 09:01 PM
Post *****

A month after having the car I got stopped for no plate. Cop was on the same side of the road as me sitting there in the car with radar. My detector was going off. I went by slow, but saw his lights come on to get me. He must have watching in his mirror and saw it missing. He told me I had no plate, but I said yes I do. I got out and pulled it up. Told him I was just coming back from a car show. I was actually just coming home from having it dynoed. He lectured me with a red plate I need two of them. I think he was just pissed that he left his speed trap and made no money off of me. Motorized one will be better. Pop it back up while the cop pulls you over. hehehe
I took my front plate off when I installed my stripes. I was driving with it laying on the dash in the windshield when I got pulled over here by a State Trooper. He was writing a ticket to someone and was walking back to his car when I passed by. A mile up the road he pulled me over and said in the windshield wasn't good enough. I went home and bought the hide away bracket that night.
Old 2/8/10, 09:03 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Still cheaper than finding a job closer to home. Any job I find is 40-50 miles away and pays diddly.
I agree, I get paid very well for what I do and doubt in this economy I could find another job making what I do now. I will just put up with the commute as I don't want to make concessions in my house right now. Maybe I'm being too greedy...
Old 2/8/10, 09:05 PM

I took my front plate off when I installed my stripes. I was driving with it laying on the dash in the windshield when I got pulled over here by a State Trooper. He was writing a ticket to someone and was walking back to his car when I passed by. A mile up the road he pulled me over and said in the windshield wasn't good enough. I went home and bought the hide away bracket that night.
I never wanted to be stopped for it by a home town cop, and that is who got me. Turns out it was one of the newer idiot cops and he was gone a few weeks later. Small town, no crime, so the cops don't do much but give speeding tickets. I go by them all the time and haven't been stopped since. I think they know the car and i'm not trouble so they leave me alone.
Old 2/8/10, 09:09 PM
Post *****

I never wanted to be stopped for it by a home town cop, and that is who got me. Turns out it was one of the newer idiot cops and he was gone a few weeks later. Small town, no crime, so the cops don't do much but give speeding tickets. I go by them all the time and haven't been stopped since. I think they know the car and i'm not trouble so they leave me alone.
I ran for weeks with it gone before that incident passing dozens of local cops and never got pulled over. It was the gung-ho state trooper that got me the very first time I took it out of town. I make it a point to notice other cars that don't have the front plate. The ugliest is when they make them put plates on a C5 Vette. It just looks wrong. Well a C6 looks like poop too. But the absolute worst is those older Chryslers like the Concordes and 300M's where there was just no provision made for a front plate. It's all grill and headlight there.
Old 2/8/10, 09:09 PM

I agree, I get paid very well for what I do and doubt in this economy I could find another job making what I do now. I will just put up with the commute as I don't want to make concessions in my house right now. Maybe I'm being too greedy...
My search is finding me jobs at $10-$12 an hour. Even the temp agencies i've been looking for work through shake their head when I say I need at least $14. And I thought i was underpaid at almost $23 before the layoff.
Old 2/8/10, 09:10 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Our town police will pull you over for just about anything. I had one grab me when I had my SHO for a cover over my plate.

Did I mention that the cover was clear.....he said it caused a glare that prevented him from seeing it. $35 ticket.
Old 2/8/10, 09:12 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

My search is finding me jobs at $10-$12 an hour. Even the temp agencies i've been looking for work through shake their head when I say I need at least $14. And I thought i was underpaid at almost $23 before the layoff.
Thats just crazy Dennis, I thank the Lord every day I still have my job.
Old 2/8/10, 09:14 PM

I ran for weeks with it gone before that incident passing dozens of local cops and never got pulled over. It was the gung-ho state trooper that got me the very first time I took it out of town. I make it a point to notice other cars that don't have the front plate. The ugliest is when they make them put plates on a C5 Vette. It just looks wrong. Well a C6 looks like poop too. But the absolute worst is those older Chryslers like the Concordes and 300M's where there was just no provision made for a front plate. It's all grill and headlight there.
We used to have one plate here, but like 20 years ago they decided to go back to two. If you still had the old green single plate, you were grandfathered in and could keep it. Plenty of those plates still on the road. I may be required to have two, but if it's still legal for single plates to be on the road, it shouldn't make a difference for me.

They should really do away with the front plate here. The registry is always complaining they are broke. Save money and only issue one plate! They did that when the single green ones came out years ago, they should do it again!
Old 2/8/10, 09:16 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

We used to have one plate here, but like 20 years ago they decided to go back to two. If you still had the old green single plate, you were grandfathered in and could keep it. Plenty of those plates still on the road. I may be required to have two, but if it's still legal for single plates to be on the road, it shouldn't make a difference for me.

They should really do away with the front plate here. The registry is always complaining they are broke. Save money and only issue one plate! They did that when the single green ones came out years ago, they should do it again!
My Grandmother still has one of the green plates, if she were to try to transfer it to me they will re-issue it in a RW&B plate.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast