Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 2/1/10, 04:17 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Knight Rider
They just dont call me back and I feel like I am qualified for the job. For freaking sakes its a part time job I'm looking for.
Employers don't care any more. They have 1 job and 100 people who want it. They have too much control right now.
Old 2/1/10, 04:47 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
Employers don't care any more. They have 1 job and 100 people who want it. They have too much control right now.
Ya think? I've been called into all of 1 interview, in the last 12 months. And even then, they were sure to say "we have about 5 positions to fill, and over 200 applicants."

Old 2/1/10, 04:52 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
They just dont call me back and I feel like I am qualified for the job. For freaking sakes its a part time job I'm looking for.

You know I'm trying not to think that but the idea is nagging me

I sure hope in this day and age that isn't it. I'm sure you'll get a job soon. It's not like you're a long haired hippy or anything.

Where have you applied?
Old 2/1/10, 04:57 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I hope you get something soon Edson!

Crappy weather today. Didn't start snowing till around 10, but the drive back to school from work and then home again sucked! Luckily I got out of my last class 45 minutes early. That was a shock. The roads are all slush and of course it's too cold for any of the salt to work.

Minneapolis skyline:

Old 2/1/10, 04:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 Bookstores, Taco Cabana, Dining Services in the University, and remember when I applied in the hotel? yep, nothing
Old 2/1/10, 05:00 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I hope you get something soon Edson!

Crappy weather today. Didn't start snowing till around 10, but the drive back to school from work and then home again sucked! Luckily I got out of my last class 45 minutes early. That was a shock. The roads are all slush and of course it's too cold for any of the salt to work.

Minneapolis skyline:

I don't know how you can live there.

3 Bookstores, Taco Cabana, Dining Services in the University, and remember when I applied in the hotel? yep, nothing
Sucks. You are going in nicely dressed and everything. Do you have job experience? That could be it. I realize a monkey could probably do those jobs, but I hate hiring anyone who hasn't worked before. I like calling the previous employers or references.
Old 2/1/10, 05:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I don't know how you can live there.

Sucks. You are going in nicely dressed and everything. Do you have job experience? That could be it. I realize a monkey could probably do those jobs, but I hate hiring anyone who hasn't worked before. I like calling the previous employers or references.
yes I worked in a snow cone business for 3 years and I was nicely dressed.

But even then, if they only hire people with experience, how is a first time worker going to get the necessary experience
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
Ya think? I've been called into all of 1 interview, in the last 12 months. And even then, they were sure to say "we have about 5 positions to fill, and over 200 applicants."

A company down the street from me is hiring and I put an application in there. Never heard anything. My sisters friend works there and said people are still coming in. Turns out they only hire from temp agencies. Thats fine, but don't accept an application from me only to just toss it out. Tell me to go through the temp agency.

Another company has jobs posted. Applied there too. Never heard anything. I met a former co-worker from 25 years ago at a temp agency. Her husband just got laid off from that place. Geesh, take your want ads down if you don't want anyone!

Nothing like bad leads.
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Poor Nathan wanted to give the Pony a salt bath , I had made a car width sprayer that I lay on the ground and it rinses the undercarridge it helps what I could not reach with a hose, but we have had didly for snow One day begining of November 2009 we had a sprinkle that's all ! sad
Old 2/1/10, 05:04 PM
Post *****

yes I worked in a snow cone business for 3 years and I was nicely dressed.

But even then, if they only hire people with experience, how is a first time worker going to get the necessary experience
That is a conundrum. Some people like a fresh employee without any bad habits. We rarely hire and right now I wouldn't hire anyone for fear of the economy. It's tough out there even in a place like College Station. I'm really surprised you couldn't get a job in food service though. That is surprising.
Old 2/1/10, 05:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

That is a conundrum. Some people like a fresh employee without any bad habits. We rarely hire and right now I wouldn't hire anyone for fear of the economy. It's tough out there even in a place like College Station. I'm really surprised you couldn't get a job in food service though. That is surprising.
i am surprised too, the way the manager talked to me he sounded like if he had confidence to hire me. Maybe they do that to everyone

Gonna try Office Depot tomorrow, I heard they're hiring and its close to the university

Last edited by Knight Rider; 2/1/10 at 05:07 PM.
Old 2/1/10, 05:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Not sure how it works in the US but here if they only want part time so as not to have to shell out for health care etc/benefits and stuff, some places will only give enough work just to be under the wire so you DO NOT qualify for any Unemployement.
Old 2/1/10, 05:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thats all I want, a part time job to get some money and responsibility to manage my own hard earned cash. I feel like an idiot
Old 2/1/10, 05:14 PM
Post *****

Every job I've ever gotten from 14 to 37 was because I knew somebody.

I've never applied for a job that I didn't get the job, but I didn't always accept the job either.

When I got my lawn mowing business working for a real estate company it was because my dad worked there and the previous kid went off to college.

When I got my job working in a construction related shop it was because my dad bought materials from the company.

When I got my job at the insulation company it was because my brother worked there.

When I got my job at 16 as a car wash maintenance guy, it was because my buddy had the job before me and was going off to college and recommended me for the job.

When I got my job as a door and fireplace salesman it was because I had worked for the owner at another company.

When I got the job I have now, it was because it was for my dad.

When I got the job at the bank, it was because my dad had banked there and went to high school with the president.

When I got my job offer at a large construction firm in Dallas, it was because my dad's best friend was their banker.

When I got my job at a mexican restaurant in high school it was because I knew the owner's daughter and she had a crush on me.

I was qualified for all these jobs, but it was knowing someone that got me in over the next guy probably.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 2/1/10 at 05:16 PM.
Old 2/1/10, 05:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

And that's still the way so Manybe Edson best scope out & hunt down & work the daughter first ?
Old 2/1/10, 05:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

so hes got to work the daughter angle first !
Old 2/1/10, 05:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

something goofy up with the site told me I was redirected ?
Old 2/1/10, 06:16 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Every job I've ever gotten from 14 to 37 was because I knew somebody.

I've never applied for a job that I didn't get the job, but I didn't always accept the job either.

When I got my lawn mowing business working for a real estate company it was because my dad worked there and the previous kid went off to college.

When I got my job working in a construction related shop it was because my dad bought materials from the company.

When I got my job at the insulation company it was because my brother worked there.

When I got my job at 16 as a car wash maintenance guy, it was because my buddy had the job before me and was going off to college and recommended me for the job.

When I got my job as a door and fireplace salesman it was because I had worked for the owner at another company.

When I got the job I have now, it was because it was for my dad.

When I got the job at the bank, it was because my dad had banked there and went to high school with the president.

When I got my job offer at a large construction firm in Dallas, it was because my dad's best friend was their banker.

When I got my job at a mexican restaurant in high school it was because I knew the owner's daughter and she had a crush on me.

I was qualified for all these jobs, but it was knowing someone that got me in over the next guy probably.
Ahh yes, getting hired the old fashioned way.................nepotism. It's not what you know, it's who you know (or blow in some cases).
Old 2/1/10, 06:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Never hurts to Kiss someones **** too !
Old 2/1/10, 06:52 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Never hurts to Kiss someones **** too !
**** right! I've met quite a few people in life that say "I'm not kissing anybody's ***!!!" Well, good luck with that. At some point if you want to get ahead, you just have to pucker up and bury your face in the crack.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast