Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 12/9/09, 06:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Wall looks pretty good !
See, they're not only fun, but useful!
Old 12/9/09, 06:47 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by edumspeed
Unfortunately, the 4.3L came several years later. It has the crappy 2.8L v6 w auto
I had the same in the wifes '88 Camaro when we got married.

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Did anybody else have Lincoln Logs? I loved those, had a crap load of them. They were real wood when I was a kid (changed to plastic later on) and came in a big can.

I used them to build houses and barns onto my Lego buildings, haha.
Yes definitely Lincoln Logs. Did you know they were invented by the son of Frank Lloyd Wright. Pretty cool. Of course he was an adult when he invented them.

I got the LL's from my uncle when he grew to old for them and I got the tinker toys from my brothers when they outgrew them.

I was also big into model trains from about 3rd grade till 6th grade. Had a big layout in the attic with the home made mountians and tressels. It was awesome. Problem was I could only bare to be up there in the winter. Summertime is like 150 degrees in an attic here.
Old 12/9/09, 06:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

I actually like these for the truck.

Old 12/9/09, 06:56 PM
Post *****

I actually like these for the truck.

I don't care for them. But its not my truck.
Old 12/9/09, 06:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

These are way better than the above
Old 12/9/09, 06:58 PM
Post *****

Altezza taillights should be banned by humanity.
Old 12/9/09, 07:01 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
I got some news, I've got another vehicle.
So spill, what is it???
Old 12/9/09, 07:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Altezza taillights should be banned by humanity.
I know. I'm just fooling around with those images It only needs the LH tail light to be replaced, since the other one is new and the old cracked one must go.
Old 12/9/09, 07:03 PM
Post *****

Went to start 7 to go pick up some pizzas and she wouldn't start.

Battery reads 12.84. It was off the tender for a total of 4 days. Something is draining it. I guess I'm gonna have to start taking some readings on the amount of draw and then start trouble shooting by unplugging fuses till it gets better. **** it's aggravating.

Alternator is fine. I talked to PA and all the numbers are spot on. Besides it doesn't go dead from driving. It goes dead from being parked for more than a few days.

The strange thing is that when you do start it on a full battery it acts like it really doesn't want to turn the crank over. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it starts on a warm day pretty much the same as cars that start on really really cold days. Like its just enough juice and starter to make it turn over.
Old 12/9/09, 07:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Battery reads 12.84. It was off the tender for a total of 4 days. Something is draining it. I guess I'm gonna have to start taking some readings on the amount of draw and then start trouble shooting by unplugging fuses till it gets better. **** it's aggravating.

Alternator is fine. I talked to PA and all the numbers are spot on. Besides it doesn't go dead from driving. It goes dead from being parked for more than a few days.

The strange thing is that when you do start it on a full battery it acts like it really doesn't want to turn the crank over. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it starts on a warm day pretty much the same as cars that start on really really cold days. Like its just enough juice and starter to make it turn over.
That's strange. A car should crank with at least 12.6ish volts. My mustang did that before the battery died completely. Have that thing checked just to be sure, then troubleshot the electrical system. The battery still has warranty right?
Old 12/9/09, 07:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
So spill, what is it???
My dads S-10 Blazer

This tail light will do if I can't find it around here.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-...item5637ce3d8f

Last edited by edumspeed; 12/9/09 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12/9/09, 07:11 PM
Post *****

That's strange. A car should crank with at least 12.6ish volts. My mustang did that before the battery died completely. Have that thing checked just to be sure, then troubleshot the electrical system. The battery still has warranty right?
Yeah. I think that's the next move. I thought it should crank with 12.84 also. I'm gonna put the stock battery back in it for a while and see what that does.

The current battery is a red top Optima. I've heard stories that they are not what they used to be since they moved production to Mexico. The battery was produced 12/08. And its been getting a full charge lately. It spent 2 weeks on a trickle charger only a few weeks ago.
Old 12/9/09, 07:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

and if you were to jump or add power it fires up immediatley right ? I'm guessing a loose cable connection on the starter, my boss was having the same thing happen so I crawled under looked around followed everthing & that's what I found a loose nut ! as the car alarm isn't enough to do it I can let mine sit for a week no tender nothing and it purrs right up !
Old 12/9/09, 07:14 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Maybe she didn't want to smell like fast food.
Old 12/9/09, 07:15 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
and if you were to jump or add power it fires up immediatley right ? I'm guessing a loose cable connection on the starter, my boss was having the same thing happen so I crawled under looked around followed everthing & that's what I found a loose nut ! as the car alarm isn't enough to do it I can let mine sit for a week no tender nothing and it purrs right up !
That's one thing that I've never checked is the connections on the starter. I've had problems ever since I put the headers early last year. I might have done it when I was down there doing the headers.

Could that really be it Eduardo?
Old 12/9/09, 07:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

My friend w the 90 vert has gone through three red top batteries, and the Dakota had one too, but failed in less than a year. It was exchanged for a regular battery, and that one has three years now. Some guy on a auto sound store I go told me the yellow top are better ones, but I don't know for sure if it's true.
Old 12/9/09, 07:19 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My friend w the 90 vert has gone through three red top batteries, and the Dakota had one too, but failed in less than a year. It was exchanged for a regular battery, and that one has three years now. Some guy on a auto sound store I go told me the yellow top are better ones, but I don't know for sure if it's true.
+1 My father had a red top in his corvette and it lasted under a year, he want back to the AcDelco unit with no problems.
Old 12/9/09, 07:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

That's one thing that I've never checked is the connections on the starter. I've had problems ever since I put the headers early last year. I might have done it when I was down there doing the headers.

Could that really be it Eduardo?
Could be, since the voltage is good. Won't hurt to check it out. Also check that the cable hasn't gone bad due to the heat of the LTs. That's one problem w LTs, the other one is cooked starters if they're too big or too close to them.
Old 12/9/09, 07:20 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Both of mine have batteries from mills fleet farm(previous owners). lol Always start right up.

*FINGERS CROSSED*
Old 12/9/09, 07:22 PM
Post *****

Could be, since the voltage is good. Won't hurt to check it out. Also check that the cable hasn't gone bad due to the heat of the LTs. That's one problem w LTs, the other one is cooked starters if they're too big or too close to them.
Yeah. You're right about that. Well. I guess it's time to get under the car.

Surely one of those is the culprit.

Thanks guys. Who needs TMS when I've got MCTC.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast