Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 12/8/09, 06:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
I saw that video and that one is funny as heck. I woul dlauch my **** off everytime I see it.
me too but I can feel for the person beside us ! as it can potentially cause harm, so sure it's funny but leave it there.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1394/steering_wheel/
Old 12/8/09, 07:04 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 201 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Tiger Woods

His poor wife and kids. His poor wife.

What a douche bag that guy is.

She should have hit him harder!
It's a shame. I feel sorry for her too.

The fuel door would look great. I'd rock it. I like it when I see a black billet fuel door on a black Mustang.
+1

That's what she said!
I know I asked for 14" and not 8" for xmas

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
I saw that video and that one is funny as heck. I woul dlauch my **** off everytime I see it.
+1 Another one of my favorites is the drunk cowboy dui video with the woman cop and the guy dancing...funny stuff!
Old 12/8/09, 07:04 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah thats why I would never actually do that.
Old 12/8/09, 07:06 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
I know I asked for 14" and not 8" for xmas

Old 12/8/09, 07:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
-------------------

Last edited by GottaHaveIt; 12/8/09 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12/8/09, 07:34 PM
Post *****

Oh man family can be so aggravating.

My parents by gifts for their three sons and all of our families. There are 3 sons, 3 wives, and 11 grandkids. they spend about $100 or so a person and they usually need help so the little ones give them a list around Thanksgiving or so and my mom shops for them.

Well one of my brothers is never satisfied with anything. He returns everything. If you give him a gift today, I can guarantee you you will be giving him a receipt tomorrow so he can take it back. The whole family is this way. So last year and continuing this year they decided that for the 4 members of their family my brother would go buy the gifts, give them to my mom for her to wrap, have my mom pay them back immediately, and then ACT surprised like they don't know what they are getting at Christmas.

I think I mentioned this last year. For some reason this makes me just want to scream. My mom drives her car everyday. She is not a shut in. She also uses the internet more than I do. She is capable. My brother has just taken all the surprise out of Christmas and it really gets under my skin. We've had lots of words in the past. Lots. But I don't think I will be able to hold the sarcasm this year like I did last year. I just can't keep it in anymore without bursting. Am I crazy? Doesn't that seem more than just a little cold.

I think it may even be worse than asking for and getting cash. At least you didn't go get the cash yourself. Who the hell buys their own presents.

BTW my brother always uses me or especially my dad to get the best deal. He has my dad call in favors so he can get the best price on everything, then he embarrasses us by returning it EVERYTIME.

He once bought a matress and got a discount from the local furniture my dad and I do business with. We built a house for the owner and have always bought a lot of furniture from them and have always been given a great deal on what we buy. Just a no questions asked discount. So my brother uses my dad to get the biggest discount anyone has ever gotten on a king size mattress. He sleeps on the mattress for a YEAR, and then proceeds to try to return it. He made a big stink about it and caused hurt feelings between the owner and us, but he did get them to take it back. Now none of us get a discount. I basically never talk to him anymore. We exchange pleasantries and will talk at holidays, but I told my parents long ago that if he weren't my brother, he would definitely not even be a friend of mine.

Old 12/8/09, 07:42 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
^that's rediuclous. I'm tired of the commercialization of christmas. it's like I told my parents this year, I really dont care that much about getting stuff, because if it's something I need or want, I usually buy it for myself anyway. I just wanna hang out with the family some. Every holiday is now commercialized...new years, valentines, mothers/fathers day, birthday, etc, and I'm tired of it
Old 12/8/09, 07:49 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
How can anyone return a mattress after a year? Stores around here usually have a 30 day return policy on a mattress. What's even more disturbing is that Massachusetts allows stores to package that returned mattress up again and sell it as new.

Yuk.
Old 12/8/09, 07:49 PM
Post *****

Well Big Dave it looks like we managed to make it to the fantasy football playoffs. I drew Jim this round. Best of luck to you. Hope we can get lucky and meet in the finals.
Old 12/8/09, 07:55 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

My parents by gifts for their three sons and all of our families. There are 3 sons, 3 wives, and 11 grandkids. they spend about $100 or so a person and they usually need help so the little ones give them a list around Thanksgiving or so and my mom shops for them.

Well one of my brothers is never satisfied with anything. He returns everything. If you give him a gift today, I can guarantee you you will be giving him a receipt tomorrow so he can take it back. The whole family is this way. So last year and continuing this year they decided that for the 4 members of their family my brother would go buy the gifts, give them to my mom for her to wrap, have my mom pay them back immediately, and then ACT surprised like they don't know what they are getting at Christmas.

I think I mentioned this last year. For some reason this makes me just want to scream. My mom drives her car everyday. She is not a shut in. She also uses the internet more than I do. She is capable. My brother has just taken all the surprise out of Christmas and it really gets under my skin. We've had lots of words in the past. Lots. But I don't think I will be able to hold the sarcasm this year like I did last year. I just can't keep it in anymore without bursting. Am I crazy? Doesn't that seem more than just a little cold.

I think it may even be worse than asking for and getting cash. At least you didn't go get the cash yourself. Who the hell buys their own presents.

BTW my brother always uses me or especially my dad to get the best deal. He has my dad call in favors so he can get the best price on everything, then he embarrasses us by returning it EVERYTIME.

He once bought a matress and got a discount from the local furniture my dad and I do business with. We built a house for the owner and have always bought a lot of furniture from them and have always been given a great deal on what we buy. Just a no questions asked discount. So my brother uses my dad to get the biggest discount anyone has ever gotten on a king size mattress. He sleeps on the mattress for a YEAR, and then proceeds to try to return it. He made a big stink about it and caused hurt feelings between the owner and us, but he did get them to take it back. Now none of us get a discount. I basically never talk to him anymore. We exchange pleasantries and will talk at holidays, but I told my parents long ago that if he weren't my brother, he would definitely not even be a friend of mine.

That's crazy. I don't think I've ever returned a present in my life. And I always try to act excited and appreciative even if it's something I don't like. I just don't get how people would have the nerve to say out loud something like, "why would you get me this?" I can see why you don't get along with your brother. Some people just have no conscience.
Old 12/8/09, 07:55 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by denlem
How can anyone return a mattress after a year? Stores around here usually have a 30 day return policy on a mattress. What's even more disturbing is that Massachusetts allows stores to package that returned mattress up again and sell it as new.

Yuk.
I know. But he did it. I hope they just threw it away or go the manufacturer to eat it, but my brother just kept pestering and pestering till they finally gave in.

He's returned everything and anything you can think of.

He's so freakin' tight too. He brags about how many car dealers he has to see to get a price he will accept. He wastes more time driving and talking to dealers than he could save on the car. He also brags about how he likes to make the salesman mad so they'll just say yes or no. He tries to aggravate them so they'll give him the deal instead of wasting anymore of their time they should be spending with other customers.

We built a house for him for free. Well not free but for cost only. I designed his home. Probably about a $1,600 set of plans. My father told me he was family and I should not charge him for it. So instead he paid me back by helping me in my yard. he spent a total of 4 hours helping me put in a flower bed and that was it. I spent like 40 hours on his plan working nights and after hours so it didn't interfere with my day job.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 12/8/09 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12/8/09, 08:02 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
That's crazy. I don't think I've ever returned a present in my life. And I always try to act excited and appreciative even if it's something I don't like. I just don't get how people would have the nerve to say out loud something like, "why would you get me this?" I can see why you don't get along with your brother. Some people just have no conscience.
If you listened to his side I'm the evil one. Me. I don't know what I did other than being born, but I've been mistreated by him since I was a kid. I always let it go and never make a scene. The only time we got into a fight as adults was when I lived in my parents house as a 19 year old while I went to college. He was married and had been gone for more than 10 years. He had never even lived in the house we lived in. He barged in teh house one day like he owned the place and I was in the shower. He came into my room and started *****ing at me why I wasn't dressed at whatever time it was. I told him the get the f*** out of my room and get the f*** out of my house. He said it was his parents house and he had a right to stay there. I told him he'd never even lived there before and he could come in when someone answered the door. He didn't take that very well. So we are in the front yard fighting when my mom comes home. I'm wearing the blue jeans I managed to put on on the way outside.

He said he'd been wanting to kick my *** for years. I was 19. Did he want to kick my *** when I was a baby too.

He never barged in again.
Old 12/8/09, 08:06 PM

Wow, that's crazy.
Old 12/8/09, 08:10 PM
Post *****

Don't even get me started on the other brother.

But remember. I'm the black sheep. I'm the bad one.
Old 12/8/09, 08:14 PM

I don't always get along with my brother either, but he is 10 while I'm 19. He'll do something stupid like record me while him and my dad are trying to hug me.
Old 12/8/09, 08:19 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I don't always get along with my brother either, but he is 10 while I'm 19. He'll do something stupid like record me while him and my dad are trying to hug me.
Wow. That's brutal. Hope y'all can work that out before you all have to seek therapy.

At least your worst moments don't look like they belong on an episode of COPS.
Old 12/8/09, 08:23 PM

He did try to kill me with wooden sword when he was three.
Old 12/8/09, 08:34 PM

The roads are really crappy, but there's no way my classes will get canceled tomorrow.
Old 12/8/09, 08:36 PM
Post *****

So I got a new book in the mail today. I saw it online but its out of print. I managed to find it used from an online bookstore. Book was in great shape.

How To Tune & Modify Your Ford 5.0 Liter Mustang 1979-1995

Old 12/8/09, 08:37 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Sounds like the same thing we used to go through. I call ours a gathering of the in-laws and outlaws. We finally put an end to it. Got everybody together, and agreed that none of the adults would exchange gifts. Only buy presents for the kids under 16, and if any of the adults wanted to get a gift for someone, do it in private. No expectations, saves everyone some money and aggravation, and we don't end up with a bunch of crap that we will never use. Buy stuff within your own family and do it at home, but don't expect anything but gifts for the kids at Christmas dinner.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast