Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 12/9/09, 12:58 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey now that is the wing that I am going to be putting on my Foxbody.
Old 12/9/09, 07:01 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
How can anyone return a mattress after a year? Stores around here usually have a 30 day return policy on a mattress. What's even more disturbing is that Massachusetts allows stores to package that returned mattress up again and sell it as new.

Yuk.
That is disgusting

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Oh man family can be so aggravating.

My parents by gifts for their three sons and all of our families. There are 3 sons, 3 wives, and 11 grandkids. they spend about $100 or so a person and they usually need help so the little ones give them a list around Thanksgiving or so and my mom shops for them.

Well one of my brothers is never satisfied with anything. He returns everything. If you give him a gift today, I can guarantee you you will be giving him a receipt tomorrow so he can take it back. The whole family is this way. So last year and continuing this year they decided that for the 4 members of their family my brother would go buy the gifts, give them to my mom for her to wrap, have my mom pay them back immediately, and then ACT surprised like they don't know what they are getting at Christmas.

I think I mentioned this last year. For some reason this makes me just want to scream. My mom drives her car everyday. She is not a shut in. She also uses the internet more than I do. She is capable. My brother has just taken all the surprise out of Christmas and it really gets under my skin. We've had lots of words in the past. Lots. But I don't think I will be able to hold the sarcasm this year like I did last year. I just can't keep it in anymore without bursting. Am I crazy? Doesn't that seem more than just a little cold.

I think it may even be worse than asking for and getting cash. At least you didn't go get the cash yourself. Who the hell buys their own presents.

BTW my brother always uses me or especially my dad to get the best deal. He has my dad call in favors so he can get the best price on everything, then he embarrasses us by returning it EVERYTIME.

He once bought a matress and got a discount from the local furniture my dad and I do business with. We built a house for the owner and have always bought a lot of furniture from them and have always been given a great deal on what we buy. Just a no questions asked discount. So my brother uses my dad to get the biggest discount anyone has ever gotten on a king size mattress. He sleeps on the mattress for a YEAR, and then proceeds to try to return it. He made a big stink about it and caused hurt feelings between the owner and us, but he did get them to take it back. Now none of us get a discount. I basically never talk to him anymore. We exchange pleasantries and will talk at holidays, but I told my parents long ago that if he weren't my brother, he would definitely not even be a friend of mine.

Unfortunately, we can't pick our family. Do your brothers get along with each other?

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
That's crazy. I don't think I've ever returned a present in my life. And I always try to act excited and appreciative even if it's something I don't like. I just don't get how people would have the nerve to say out loud something like, "why would you get me this?" I can see why you don't get along with your brother. Some people just have no conscience.
+1 I'm always appreciative, even if I don't like it
Old 12/9/09, 07:05 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning Jill / mother of all MCTC posters
Old 12/9/09, 07:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
That's not fair Jill cannot be held accountable for our actions as Father maybe Gary will take some of the heat and if so send it all around it went to -7 here this morning.
Have a safe and Happy day people.
Old 12/9/09, 08:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
Had some weird white smoke coming out of my exhaust just now... I don't know if it's just the exhaust actually coming out, or coolant burning :nervous: I can barely smell too, so that doesn't help me. Only good thing was that my coolant level is still the same and the truck never warmed up too far..
If it wasn't warmed up, and if the ambient temp was cool it's just unburnt fuel through the tailpipe, no big deal.
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Black looks good even for a Plymouth
I can't find a car in that pic. I'm getting blinder every day
So I got a new book in the mail today. I saw it online but its out of print. I managed to find it used from an online bookstore. Book was in great shape.

How To Tune & Modify Your Ford 5.0 Liter Mustang 1979-1995

I'll try to get one too. I've only seen the 79-93 books.

So I guess this is out of the question

Kinda resembles one of these;
Old 12/9/09, 08:44 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good Day everyone!

Haven't been around much. Been very busy at work with everything. My boss is sitting in his office right now staring at his screen watching a slide show of sunset pics meanwhile I'm in here doing all of his KPI work for him because hes not sure how to do it.

Any how took me 2 hours to get to work today with the snow. GOD I love Massachusetts.

->Gary...wana build me a house in Texas??? I think I need to move away from here.
Old 12/9/09, 09:02 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by edumspeed

Kinda resembles one of these;
I had one of those and the style before it. An '88 and a '93. Most reliable cars I ever had.
Old 12/9/09, 09:04 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 07S197
Good Day everyone!

Haven't been around much. Been very busy at work with everything. My boss is sitting in his office right now staring at his screen watching a slide show of sunset pics meanwhile I'm in here doing all of his KPI work for him because hes not sure how to do it.

Any how took me 2 hours to get to work today with the snow. GOD I love Massachusetts.

->Gary...wana build me a house in Texas??? I think I need to move away from here.
My commute from the bed to the computer was brutal. Wonder if Gary will give us a multi-home discount? I could use a new mattress too.
Old 12/9/09, 09:40 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
TacoBill posted this in POTR, I gotta say, this looks awesome

http://tinyurl.com/yep77o6
Old 12/9/09, 09:55 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Unfortunately, we can't pick our family. Do your brothers get along with each other?
They get along with each other more so than with me. I'm the baby and they are much older. 9 and 12 years older respectively.

I still love them, but sometimes I don't like them very much.

Deal. Give me 6 months.

Originally Posted by denlem
My commute from the bed to the computer was brutal. Wonder if Gary will give us a multi-home discount? I could use a new mattress too.
Duplex?

Originally Posted by StangMahn

Looks fun and scary. Wonder what the dude on the motorcycle thought when he passed him going the other way.
Old 12/9/09, 10:03 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Deal. Give me 6 months.
Sounds good my GF is done with school this month, we can be down there in June I'll start looking for a job now. Maybe I can find one in Dallas/Fort Worth at my company's headquarters.

Duplex?

Only if it has a 3 car garage
Old 12/9/09, 11:43 AM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Oh man family can be so aggravating.

My parents by gifts for their three sons and all of our families. There are 3 sons, 3 wives, and 11 grandkids. they spend about $100 or so a person and they usually need help so the little ones give them a list around Thanksgiving or so and my mom shops for them.

Well one of my brothers is never satisfied with anything. He returns everything. If you give him a gift today, I can guarantee you you will be giving him a receipt tomorrow so he can take it back. The whole family is this way. So last year and continuing this year they decided that for the 4 members of their family my brother would go buy the gifts, give them to my mom for her to wrap, have my mom pay them back immediately, and then ACT surprised like they don't know what they are getting at Christmas.

I think I mentioned this last year. For some reason this makes me just want to scream. My mom drives her car everyday. She is not a shut in. She also uses the internet more than I do. She is capable. My brother has just taken all the surprise out of Christmas and it really gets under my skin. We've had lots of words in the past. Lots. But I don't think I will be able to hold the sarcasm this year like I did last year. I just can't keep it in anymore without bursting. Am I crazy? Doesn't that seem more than just a little cold.

I think it may even be worse than asking for and getting cash. At least you didn't go get the cash yourself. Who the hell buys their own presents.

BTW my brother always uses me or especially my dad to get the best deal. He has my dad call in favors so he can get the best price on everything, then he embarrasses us by returning it EVERYTIME.

He once bought a matress and got a discount from the local furniture my dad and I do business with. We built a house for the owner and have always bought a lot of furniture from them and have always been given a great deal on what we buy. Just a no questions asked discount. So my brother uses my dad to get the biggest discount anyone has ever gotten on a king size mattress. He sleeps on the mattress for a YEAR, and then proceeds to try to return it. He made a big stink about it and caused hurt feelings between the owner and us, but he did get them to take it back. Now none of us get a discount. I basically never talk to him anymore. We exchange pleasantries and will talk at holidays, but I told my parents long ago that if he weren't my brother, he would definitely not even be a friend of mine.

How the hell can you even do that?! That's low class. Like, under redneck trailer trash level.

My parents instilled young in me, even if you don't like it, don't let the giver see it when you open it. Be appreciative, it's the right thing to do, because even if you don't like it, they still used their time and money to get it for you
Originally Posted by StangMahn

That's amazing!
Old 12/9/09, 11:59 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Good afternoon People! How is everybody's days going?
Old 12/9/09, 12:09 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Not bad, whats up Dirk?
Old 12/9/09, 12:11 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Nothing much. Got finished with what we had to do tonight for work.

Now just got to sit here and do nothing for the next 9 hours.
Old 12/9/09, 12:12 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Nothing much. Got finished with what we had to do tonight for work.

Now just got to sit here and do nothing for the next 9 hours.

Is there a town near you or anywhere you can go when you are not working?
Old 12/9/09, 12:16 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Yeah it is called my room. I have to stay at work for the whole shift otherwise I wont get paid for it. We are also not allowed to go off base at all. I am also on call till the end of shift also which sucks.
Old 12/9/09, 12:29 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Yeah it is called my room. I have to stay at work for the whole shift otherwise I wont get paid for it. We are also not allowed to go off base at all. I am also on call till the end of shift also which sucks.

Ahhhhh IC. Well atleast they pay you to sit around when you don't have work.

You can't even leave base when you are off the clock?
Old 12/9/09, 12:34 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Ahhhhh IC. Well atleast they pay you to sit around when you don't have work.

You can't even leave base when you are off the clock?

Nope we cant. I wouldnt want to go off base anyways. To dangerous here to be outside the base.

Yeah they dont have a choice but to pay us for sitting around.
Old 12/9/09, 12:37 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Nope we cant. I wouldnt want to go off base anyways. To dangerous here to be outside the base.

That sux too bad I know some places are not as unsafe as others, I wasn't sure where you were located.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast