GT350

Shelby GT350 Is a Thirsty Monster: GT350 Fuel Economy Leaked

Search this Thread

Old 7/23/15, 10:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Brewman
REAL scientist "PHDs" agree we are changing the planet.
SOME scientists agree WE are changing the planet. Others agree that the planet is changing but it always has done so.

You are, of course, aware that there have been ice ages where glaciers moved south and gouged out huge areas and then retreated. Have you ever asked yourself what caused those glaciers to advance or what caused them to retreat and the planet to warm again? We weren't around driving gas guzzlers then or burning coal to produce electricity.

Climate change DOES happen and will continue to do so whether we are here or not. Is it possible that we are contributing to that change? It probably is, but would changing our behavior stop climate change? Absolutely not.

So before anybody gets their shorts in a knot about how much they drive their Mustang and what mileage they are getting, they should ask some serious questions and not just accept the latest mantra from the likes of Al Gore, or even from serious scientists.
Old 7/23/15, 10:11 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by tukatz
SOME scientists agree WE are changing the planet. Others agree that the planet is changing but it always has done so.

You are, of course, aware that there have been ice ages where glaciers moved south and gouged out huge areas and then retreated. Have you ever asked yourself what caused those glaciers to advance or what caused them to retreat and the planet to warm again? We weren't around driving gas guzzlers then or burning coal to produce electricity.

Climate change DOES happen and will continue to do so whether we are here or not. Is it possible that we are contributing to that change? It probably is, but would changing our behavior stop climate change? Absolutely not.

So before anybody gets their shorts in a knot about how much they drive their Mustang and what mileage they are getting, they should ask some serious questions and not just accept the latest mantra from the likes of Al Gore, or even from serious scientists.
A-****ing-men!!!
Old 7/24/15, 03:04 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Well said, tukatz!
Old 7/24/15, 07:22 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Brewman
OK, I simple was trying to weigh Responcebility vs wants but since you brought it up NO, The resources are NOT plenty, and as the BIG OIL guys have said in interview people think CHEAP GAS is their birthright well it is not. all I an trying to say is it is OK to have a toy BUT on a daily basis you need to think beyond your self .

A toy is ok but you DO NEED to consider WHAT you are doing and how it effects the whole............

Two things....

First, many economic signs support the argument that we are not running out of oil and that given our resources in the U.S. we are on the road to oil independence to a much greater degree. Just consider the oil boom in the Dakotas and technological advances in extracting oil here and elsewhere.

Oil company stocks are down, and many are reducing their work force. This suggests they are not making windfall profits. OPEC is crying the blues. Gas prices are the lowest in years. There is indeed a surplus.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/12/news...uction-energy/

Secondly, I do not NEED to consider anything. And I certainly do not need, or want, to hear lectures unless supported by fact and reasonable discourse. This is not directly aimed at you, but frankly I am sick and tired of certain political factions portraying white conservatives as bad people because we don't buy into propaganda or someone else's hidden agenda. I have no white guilt, and by extension I have no green guilt.

Until those who promote and preach environmental responsibility actually lead by example without distorting facts, and "experts" stop manipulating scientific data to fit the narrative of their agenda, then my opinions and actions remain status quo.

With all due respect, if you are that committed to conserving resources and being responsible, perhaps you might consider another vehicle that is more eco-friendly than a Mustang.
Old 7/25/15, 02:42 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
At what cost are you referring to Thom ? What exactly does a car that gets up to 20-25 MPG have anything to do with saving the environment ?

Whether we're referring to an Ecoboost 4 cylinder that gets up to 34 MPG or a 5.0 Coyote V8 that gets 9 maybe 10 MPG less doesn't really matter.. It's emissions that effect the environment, not fuel economy or lack of..

The only way your going eliminate carbon dioxide from effecting the environment ? is to completely do away with the internal combustion engine altogether in favor of all electric vehicles..

Until then, regardless of whether your driving a high performance V8 or high performance Ecoboost 4 ? both are going produce just as much carbon dioxide as the other thus effect the environment in the same way..

With that being said, cars have come along ways since the 1960-80's and are much more emissions friendly and therefore produce far less carbon dioxide as a direct result..
Old 7/26/15, 12:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't forget about volcanos lol. We should put emissions on them. Guess I'm a global warmer all I run is 93 octane avg 20mpg. One month I kept track of what I spent on fuel it was over $240. That was after I first got it and would drive my dog to the store if he ask lol
Old 7/26/15, 06:10 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by YepItsGreen
Guess I'm a global warmer all I run is 93 octane avg 20mpg. One month I kept track of what I spent on fuel it was over $240. That was after I first got it and would drive my dog to the store if he ask lol
I see no problem here!!!!
Old 8/1/15, 09:41 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Industrialized civilization has altered the climate.

There have been periods in the past where carbon build-up has been equal to or greater than what we're measuring now. The problem is the sudden (extremely sudden as far as climate history goes even though it has largely occurred over the past 250 years) spike in carbon in the atmosphere and the normal mechanisms for dealing with that carbon build-up are unable to cope with the rapid change.

The effects are obvious and out there from acidifying oceans to repeated record temperature highs in the ocean ( the cooling trend that was reported last year or the year before was false as the method used to measure water temperature was flawed and the trend that was observed never happened) to the rapid melting of glaciers to more violent storm activity. All of which is the result of industrial activity inundating the atmosphere with high levels of carbon too fast and too soon.
Old 8/1/15, 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Good god, what a circle jerk this thread has become
Old 8/1/15, 09:56 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by SplitSecond
Good god, what a circle jerk this thread has become
The science is settled.
Attached Thumbnails Shelby GT350 Is a Thirsty Monster: GT350 Fuel Economy Leaked-treehugger-sml.jpg  
Old 8/1/15, 10:51 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Originally Posted by Knight
Lol at EPA yearly fuel cost. Like the average owner will actually drive that many miles with this car. I'm sure 1 or 2 will but id say the norm will be less than 5000 miles a year.
^^I will agree with that post. I can see the shock on some of those people that have bought the car as a daily driver and then see how often they have to stop at the gas pump. LOL Whoops!! lol
It is Ford's track car, but can be daily driven. The same goes for the GT350R.
I don't get good gas mileage and had a 1,500 dollar gas guzzler tax built into the sticker price of my car. Like my good friend Tom posted earlier,....doesn't bother me one bit, nor do I care. I didn't look at the EPA ratings when buying this car.
Old 4/25/16, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JonathonK
Shelby GT350 Is a Thirsty Monster: GT350 Fuel Economy Leaked-2015-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-epa-figures-revealed-window-sticker-97943_1-e1437422915625.jpg

According to a leaked window sticker from the new Shelby GT350, we now know the fuel economy numbers for the new track-focused Mustang. And they remind us of the glory days.

Read the rest on the Mustang Source homepage. >>
I think most of don't care about the fuel lol as long as I get 16 avg I'm ok with it
Old 4/25/16, 03:45 PM

Shelby GT350 Is a Thirsty Monster: GT350 Fuel Economy Leaked-2015-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-epa-figures-revealed-window-sticker-97943_1-e1437422915625.jpg

According to a leaked window sticker from the new Shelby GT350, we now know the fuel economy numbers for the new track-focused Mustang. And they remind us of the glory days.

I think most of don't care about the fuel lol as long as I get 16 avg I'm ok with it
Old 4/25/16, 03:48 PM

Old 4/25/16, 08:16 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
I'd kill for a 16 average!
Old 4/25/16, 09:50 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

You are so so very Right. A little common sense here... Why was this thread even stated. Gas Mileage on car like this!!!! I have to laugh.

Any moron worried about millage should not be buying performance car nor should be on this forum,...

Its funny we have had several Ice ages Climate changes through out the earth existence.. Guess what man was not even here according to all the scientist... What a Joke.. To all that love performance. Drive on for those who don't there are great bikes for you!!! LOL
Old 4/26/16, 01:32 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Soon climate deniers will be jailed and forced to be reprogrammed to accept the the conclusions of the 'majority' of 'leading' scientists if they ever want to see the light of day again.
Old 4/26/16, 06:36 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
Less hp & a gas guzzler tax !!
Old 4/28/16, 08:11 PM
V6 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got 31-32 MPG yesterday in my GT350 driving for about 18 miles on the highway at 70 MPH. It was a lot of work, but it can be done.
Then I got tired of trying to save gas and went back to driving normal.