GT

2016 Mustang are rolling down the assembly line

Search this Thread

Old 10/30/15, 10:02 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cczx14r
I feel for you oneeyedgiant, that sucks! Next time, have the salesman run out and take a frontal pic before you make the trip, if possible. That's what I'm planning to do. You seem to be walking down the same frustrating path I am, so to speak. As you know, I got my deposit back and now have emailed my specification listing to four different dealerships within a 200 mile radius and so far, just busy body correspondence from them but no GT that I want yet. And yes, for the last 3 months I've been having nightmares that the GT I ordered would come in with the dreaded misaligned hood and/or trunk fit. $40K+ / Ford quality? Unreal! I find myself looking at the hood alignment first thing when looking through inventory listings. Some of the guys on this and other sites are really lucky to have a near perfect hood fit. I am a perfectionist when it comes to my toys, but I would have to say that about 75% of the GTs I have seen in person or online have good fitting hoods. At least we're in control of what we buy or don't buy when not having to worry about an order coming in all screwed up. My wife is really getting tired of me talking about when and where I'll eventually find one. Hell, I'm 71 big ones, ain't got all that much time left! Ha, dad lived to be 98, I think I'm good to go for a few more!? Anyway guys, keep the faith, it'll happen sooner or later!
Thankfully I did have the salesperson take some pics. Here are the pics as the car was delivered to the dealer from the factory...and I've circled where I saw issues. Notice the panel alignment issues? I told them I'd buy the car if they could straighten them out. Well they made it worse.

Name:  IMG_1676_zpsdjccmcru.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  146.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1674%20copy_zpsadv6ybcl.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  125.8 KB

Then this is how it looked after they "fixed" it.

Name:  3_zpsu1fefzkn.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  546.0 KB

It looks terrible. This dealer has several GT's and all but one of them have ****ty hood/panel alignment. I showed my wife who really isn't as **** as I am and she said that the car looks like it was badly repaired after an accident. -I agree.
Old 10/30/15, 08:54 PM
V6 Member

That is so sad and unbelievable!
Well, scroll through the pics on the one I am dealing for. The hood and trunk look to be as good as it gets with these Mustangs. What do you think? Pay no attention to that unrealistic price. I am getting the internet price of $37,400, IF I go with this one. 12 miles on the clock, don't think too many test drives on it. 169 mile drive if we do it.
It's the optional wheel coloring, but still the performance pack!

http://www.sanleandroford.com/auto/n...77-ca/5028925/

Jim
Old 10/31/15, 10:35 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by oneeyedgiant
Thankfully I did have the salesperson take some pics. Here are the pics as the car was delivered to the dealer from the factory...and I've circled where I saw issues. Notice the panel alignment issues? I told them I'd buy the car if they could straighten them out. Well they made it worse.

Then this is how it looked after they "fixed" it.

It looks terrible. This dealer has several GT's and all but one of them have ****ty hood/panel alignment. I showed my wife who really isn't as **** as I am and she said that the car looks like it was badly repaired after an accident. -I agree.
That looks like ***

Shameful
Old 10/31/15, 03:21 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by cczx14r
That is so sad and unbelievable! Well, scroll through the pics on the one I am dealing for. The hood and trunk look to be as good as it gets with these Mustangs. What do you think? Pay no attention to that unrealistic price. I am getting the internet price of $37,400, IF I go with this one. 12 miles on the clock, don't think too many test drives on it. 169 mile drive if we do it. It's the optional wheel coloring, but still the performance pack! http://www.sanleandroford.com/auto/n...77-ca/5028925/ Jim
Looks awesome. Very similar to the one I ordered two months ago. I got the redline interior with the black PP rims.
Old 10/31/15, 10:06 PM
V6 Member

Ohhhh me oh my, the drama continues! I'm stoked, fired up even!
OK, the Ruby GT had too many test miles on it. No go for that one either. So, having all but given up, I called around to Las Vegas dealerships and bingo (I hope). Expected to be delivered down there on the 15th is a shiny new Competition Orange GT with PP, exactly like the one I initially ordered. The wife and I will make the 420 mile trip, do the paperwork, stay one night, then we'll caravan back home next day. It's more or less a straight line drive in the desert that will take us 7 hours one way. Nothing out there but a jackrabbit or two. I'll have plenty of break-in miles to vary the speed and all that. WOOT-WOOT! This old ex-airborne trooper is ready. I told the internet salesman I need front, side and rear pics before we go though, hoping for the best for a tolerable hood and trunk fit. Price wise, I'll be saving $3,500 over the crooks of Carson City!!
Old 10/31/15, 10:32 PM
V6 Member

That is excellent news considering this debacle. Road trip to Vegas is just what old Paratroopers need. Especially when get they exactly what they originally wanted. I however most likely won't see mine till Christmas. Lol.
Old 11/1/15, 07:18 AM
V6 Member

"Road trip to Vegas is just what old Paratroopers need."
Old 11/1/15, 08:06 AM
V6 Member

Good luck! I hope that it works out for you!

I'm getting so tired of waiting on mine. It would be one thing if we had an ETA.... but unfortunately there isn't one. I had a look around the area on Auto-Trader and there is only one GT with PP within 75 miles and it's not a color I want.
Old 11/2/15, 07:30 AM
V6 Member

Anyone have any updates? Have you gotten any type of ETA from Ford?

I did find out that Ford's systems only update on Tuesdays for these plant holds. So check back later on Tuesday afternoon to see if there is an update.

Last edited by oneeyedgiant; 11/2/15 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11/2/15, 07:43 AM
V6 Member

I called the car hauler just now and he said that the "Hold" has been released on my car and it's being delivered to the dealer today!!! I'm not going to hold my breath though.
Old 11/2/15, 07:56 AM
V6 Member

AWESOME!! Congrats!
Pics and a write up here are a must or you'll be banned for life!!
Old 11/2/15, 08:42 AM
V6 Member

That's stellar man. Definitely need pics.
Old 11/3/15, 11:54 AM
V6 Member

Well listen to this ****....

Car has been delivered to the dealer. Yeah!!!!

Car is not available to be sold. It is under a safety recall and the dealer can't sell it until it is fixed. (Which is understandable) the only problem is that Ford won't tell the dealer what parts to replace. My dealer said he'd be happy to pull parts off of another mustang/car but he doesn't know what part numbers are affected.

ETA from Ford on instructions and parts is week of 11/30.

Add this to the list of reasons why I will never buy another Ford again.
Old 11/3/15, 01:46 PM
V6 Member

Update - Dealer will now not swap out the parts from another Mustang until Ford gives them the OK to do so.... Wonderful. Looks like more waiting...perhaps even a month or more.

She looks great though.

Name:  6EC478B5-F4BD-420F-B480-2FCCE5847D14_zpsztmmmjam.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  236.6 KB
Old 11/3/15, 05:16 PM
V6 Member

Update - Dealer will now not swap out the parts from another Mustang until Ford gives them the OK to do so.... Wonderful. Looks like more waiting...perhaps even a month or more.

She looks great though.

Bummer, for sure. I know you have already checked, but if not, write down the mileage. You surely don't want anyone taking "test drives" while your Gt sits on that lot for heaven knows how many weeks.
Old 11/3/15, 05:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Update - Dealer will now not swap out the parts from another Mustang until Ford gives them the OK to do so.... Wonderful. Looks like more waiting...perhaps even a month or more. She looks great though.
Looks great...and the hood alignment looks very good as well.
Old 11/3/15, 07:01 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by RubyRed14GT500
Looks great...and the hood alignment looks very good as well.
Thanks. I snapped a couple other pics. The picture of it from straight on does not look as good though. Makes me wonder if I should have just bought the one off the lot that I found last week. These hoods have so many curves that they always are going to look off if you are approaching it from the wrong angle.

Name:  496E5E5C-63BD-44AD-8E68-C32A648C788B_zpsxvqdk5ty.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  309.9 KB

Name:  CFD9057E-8D82-45EE-98B0-61BDBA9B651B_zps4mluhpq6.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  455.2 KB

Last edited by oneeyedgiant; 11/3/15 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11/3/15, 09:00 PM
V6 Member

When the GT I think I'm getting arrives in Las Vegas in a week or so, I instructed the salesman to take front, rear and side pics for me. Not many Mustang hoods fit perfectly and that's a crying shame. If it'll make you feel any better, if my hood fitment looks like yours, I'll be good with it and will make the 400 plus mile trip to pick it up.
Old 11/4/15, 10:22 AM
V6 Member

Terrible fit!

The GT that I backed out of on account of the seatbelt restraint recall finally came in to the local dealership yesterday. Ordered on July 26. I saw it on their inventory so I sneaked on down to look at it. Whew..............I would not have accepted this GT anyway, look at that terrible hood alignment. They have 4 other Mustangs on the lot and their hoods are all OK. You live and learn, I will never order a car again, wastes too much of your time waiting for something that may not pass your inspection anyway. I'll keep you all posted when the one down in LV gets in and I get pics from the salesman.
Attached Thumbnails 2016 Mustang are rolling down the assembly line-p1030783-small-.jpg  
Old 11/4/15, 10:30 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
I'm shocked to see all of these hood alignment issues on the 2016's. I could sort of understand it on early 2015's while ramping up production, but by model year two, all of this should be sorted out.

Quick Reply: 2016 Mustang are rolling down the assembly line