Old 10/5/15, 06:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Remenant
Looks like a sweet ride.
Old 10/5/15, 06:47 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you. I certainly think so. If it would arrive lol.
Old 10/6/15, 06:21 AM
V6 Member

Yes indeed, the performance package is the way to go! Here is a link to mine that ended up being built on the 29th. I'm out west so I'll not see it at the dealer until the 20th or so.

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...6P8CF7G5226527
Old 10/6/15, 06:59 AM
V6 Member

Very nice. I agree the PP is the way to go. I couldn't bring myself to not get it.
Old 10/6/15, 07:40 AM
V6 Member

Very nice. I agree the PP is the way to go. I couldn't bring myself to not get it.
Thanks. I love spirited driving in the mountains so the PP was a must option for me.
Make sure to post up pics of your new ride when it arrives!
Old 10/6/15, 07:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New to the forums. But had a question. Is it common for these orders to take so long? I do work for Ford here in Florida but am a Tech. I was told by the sales guys that it would only take 3 weeks max for order, build, and delivery. First mustang ill own. Looking to get the 15 gt black performance pack with Recaro's. Didn't realize it could take that long. Wanted to get it before Christmas but I guess if it could take two months to get in I better order it soon haha
Old 10/6/15, 07:59 PM
V6 Member

Honestly this is my first Mustang also. However if you order it, yes it's about 6-8 weeks normally. If you can't find what you are looking for in inventory then buckle in cause it's a true exercise in patience. I personally continuously fail this exercise but like someone else on this forum pointed out, it absolutely will that much more when you do take delivery and it will be that much more special for you. If it wasn't for those words and Deysha (Truly a Godsend) I might be in a rubber by now. Lol.
Old 10/6/15, 08:01 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
3 weeks would be a miracle of the highest order

It took 3 weeks for mine to get off the dang train
Old 10/6/15, 08:02 PM
V6 Member

Honestly this is my first Mustang also. However if you order it, yes it's about 6-8 weeks normally. If you can't find what you are looking for in inventory then buckle in cause it's a true exercise in patience. I personally continuously fail this exercise but like someone else on this forum pointed out, it absolutely will that much more when you do take delivery and it will be that much more special for you. If it wasn't for those words and Deysha (Truly a Godsend) I might be in a rubber by now. Lol.
It will be that much more special
Rubber room

Didn't quite type too well lol
Old 10/7/15, 06:32 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FivePointSlow
New to the forums. But had a question. Is it common for these orders to take so long? I do work for Ford here in Florida but am a Tech. I was told by the sales guys that it would only take 3 weeks max for order, build, and delivery. First mustang ill own. Looking to get the 15 gt black performance pack with Recaro's. Didn't realize it could take that long. Wanted to get it before Christmas but I guess if it could take two months to get in I better order it soon haha
From the time you order to the time you take delivery depends on your specific dealer's Mustang allocation for any given month or another predetermined time frame. For instance, I ordered mine on July 26th and ETA at my dealer is somewhere within a week or so of Oct 20th. My salesman even admitted to me that someone else in my area ordered an entire month after I did and will receive his on the 20th as well. Had I known this when I ordered, I would have researched other dealership's allocation schedules.

Last edited by cczx14r; 10/7/15 at 06:33 AM.
Old 10/7/15, 07:22 PM
GT Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by cczx14r
From the time you order to the time you take delivery depends on your specific dealer's Mustang allocation for any given month or another predetermined time frame. For instance, I ordered mine on July 26th and ETA at my dealer is somewhere within a week or so of Oct 20th. My salesman even admitted to me that someone else in my area ordered an entire month after I did and will receive his on the 20th as well. Had I known this when I ordered, I would have researched other dealership's allocation schedules.
When I ordered mine my dealer told me they kept pushing and pushing for them to get mine sooner. It took 6 weeks to the day from date of order to delivery. In fact it wasn't due to arrive for another 2 weeks. Somehow the date changed for the better. From how they explained it, it seems like they have the power to tweak it slightly. Either that or they just wanted to make themselves look good saying it came earlier than expected ha.
Old 10/9/15, 09:22 AM
V6 Member

Well I don't know what to say/think. My dealer has told me that the ETA on my New GT is 10/10-10/14. He (and Deysha) told me that it was released from the factory and is in transit to the dealer.

Well, my salesman is on vacation so I called the Ford VOPC line. I gave them the VIN and order number (They also wanted my dealer name). The nice person on the phone said that my car has not been released and it technically listed as "Not OK to buy" and still awaiting shipment.

Has anyone called the VOPC line to see the status of their cars? I was getting obvioulsy rather excited that my car could be here as early as tomorrow but if the VOPC line is correct, it's going to be a long time before I see it.
Old 10/9/15, 10:46 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow that's awesome! Any chance you are in Georgia? I'm really hoping mine also is able to arrive sooner as well. I'm barely clinging to my sanity. If it wasn't for Deysha I'd be insane already. This is my first mustang and I'm so prepared for it.
When I ordered my 2015 Mustang, Deysha kept me informed of where it was. She helped keep me in reality of when I was going to get it. What I learned is that it will spend time in Lexington, KY waiting for a train to bring it to Atlanta. Then once in the yard in Atlanta, it has to wait it's turn to be unloaded. It took mine three days just to be unloaded. The cars are then sent to a yard near the airport for transport to the dealer. My dealer used their connections to know when it arrived at the trucking yard and offered send a driver down and pick it up so I did not have to wait for the truck to deliver it. It cut three days off the wait.
Old 10/9/15, 12:14 PM
V6 Member

No Doubt Deysha is the absolute best. I just heard from my dealer. Bad news as it looks mine was delayed a week or two. 10/22-10/29. 😭
Old 10/9/15, 02:21 PM
V6 Member

Angry

No Doubt Deysha is the absolute best. I just heard from my dealer. Bad news as it looks mine was delayed a week or two. 10/22-10/29. 😭
Well, as most of you know from my previous posts here, I ordered on 7/26 and just yesterday got another call from my salesman telling me "almost" the same thing he told me a month or so ago. "Your Mustang will be here sometime within the week of 10/18". Ha, is he blowing smoke or what? Originally I was told it would be here on 10/20, but now it's within the week of 10/18? That may technically sound better than saying 10/20, but it actually covers the period all the way through 10/25. So, I keep referring to an old saying I once heard (repeat after me kids), "No expectations, no disappointments".
I'm an old retired dude that refuses to outgrow his need for speed, but I'm getting tired of watching all the 2015-2016 Mustang GT videos on youtube, to the extent of watching some way too many times. The weather here in the upper elevations of northern Nevada usually turns to snow, ice and salted roads in mid November, so my window of "driving fun" opportunity is rapidly drawing to a close! ARRGGHH!!

Jim
Old 10/9/15, 03:06 PM
V6 Member

Brother I hear you feel you. I retire from the Infantry in three years. I also have watched every video on YouTube a thousand times and still ogle when they drive by.
Old 10/9/15, 04:39 PM
V6 Member

Brother I hear you feel you. I retire from the Infantry in three years. I also have watched every video on YouTube a thousand times and still ogle when they drive by.
Thank you for your service my friend! Ex airborne MP here, many moons ago!
Old 10/9/15, 05:16 PM
V6 Member

Awesome! Thank you for your service Brother.
Old 10/12/15, 03:33 PM
V6 Member

Well I called Ford VOPC today and the agent said that there is a hold on my car. The status on my car has not been updated since 10/4. It says that it's:

"In Transit. Received - (Voith Industrial Services Inc.) Ramp 4G, Mi Assebly Plnt, MI. ETA 10/10-10/14."

So I highly doubt it's going to get here in 2 days if it's still at the plant.

Anyone heard from Deysha? I sent her a message last week and still haven't heard from her.

Quick Reply: 2016 Mustang are rolling down the assembly line