GT

2016 Mustang are rolling down the assembly line

Search this Thread

Old 10/27/15, 01:32 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't get me wrong. Hands down Deysha is the absolute best. What gets me is that I can track a pet rock from Hong Kong but unless we pester Deysha we get little information from Ford itself. It is a valid point of what is wrong with the batch of mustangs that we should look out for. I get it that if anything ford will fix it prior letting us buy it but will it ever be disclosed to us who do?
Old 10/27/15, 01:34 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by oneeyedgiant
I'm kind of indifferent now. If I didn't have a box full of Roush parts sitting in my garage I might have thrown in the towel.

The RAMP your wife was talking about is more than likely the parking lot at the rail yard. Mine has been on the ramp for 2 weeks according to the tracking.... it isn't moving anytime soon.

Thank you sir, finally some info I can believe, although it isn't very encouraging!
Old 10/27/15, 01:43 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Remenant
Don't get me wrong. Hands down Deysha is the absolute best. What gets me is that I can track a pet rock from Hong Kong but unless we pester Deysha we get little information from Ford itself. It is a valid point of what is wrong with the batch of mustangs that we should look out for. I get it that if anything ford will fix it prior letting us buy it but will it ever be disclosed to us who do?
Yikes, that opens up a whole new can of worms, for sure. If our batch of Mustangs happened to leave the assembly plant with a known problem, like you say, they'd likely try to fix it prior to us even knowing about it. We'd always be wondering.........................

Jim
Old 10/27/15, 01:47 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can understand how if your car is being held up for some reason, you would want to know why. But at the same time with all of the lawyers and people willing to sue for any little reason and how things get out of control in social media and some news outlets, I can also see why Ford would not release reasons why cars are being held. All of a sudden a problem with couple days worth of production becomes the world is coming to an end for every vehicle of that model year.
Old 10/27/15, 02:24 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 15BluStang
I can understand how if your car is being held up for some reason, you would want to know why. But at the same time with all of the lawyers and people willing to sue for any little reason and how things get out of control in social media and some news outlets, I can also see why Ford would not release reasons why cars are being held. All of a sudden a problem with couple days worth of production becomes the world is coming to an end for every vehicle of that model year.
If they just fixed it and moved on I would be less concerned. However my car was already sent back to the factory presumably to get something fixed, then re-released. It made its way to the Railyard where it was stopped a second time. What is wrong with it that they didn't catch the first time it was sent back to the plant?
Old 10/27/15, 02:43 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If they just fixed it and moved on I would be less concerned. However my car was already sent back to the factory presumably to get something fixed, then re-released. It made its way to the Railyard where it was stopped a second time. What is wrong with it that they didn't catch the first time it was sent back to the plant?
Yeah, that sucks. Big time. Not much can be done about that but in the old days, it would have been delivered to you with any problems unfixed. I hope your dealer at least is doing something for you because of the delay.
Old 10/27/15, 02:53 PM
V6 Member

A while back Deysha told me that mine was on temporary hold and would be shipped a week or two past the initial ETA of 10/20. WHY?? I don't want to jump to conclusions, but it definitely appears to me that there is something wrong with our batch of Mustangs. What a nightmare it would be if techs were feverishly making the rounds tearing into dash boards or engine bays to fix a problem. I just emailed this possibility question to Deysha and we know even if she was aware of something like this going on, she would not be authorized to let it out. I don't know what to do now......................
For sure guys, STAY IN TOUCH here with any updates!

Jim
Old 10/27/15, 04:03 PM
V6 Member

Ford will only release what they seem relevant to deliver and sell the car. Like mentioned before it is good business to do it the way they are even if it causes us delays. Deysha has been giving everything she has tirelessly and feverishly. This is simply out of anyone's hands. I'm growing frustrated and impatient like everyone before me most likely has. Unfortunately my dealer hasn't offered to anything. I did ask for a set of Michelin pilot sport a/s. Since the car will show up when it's too cold but I haven't heard back.
Old 10/27/15, 05:22 PM
V6 Member

Ford will only release what they seem relevant to deliver and sell the car. Like mentioned before it is good business to do it the way they are even if it causes us delays. Deysha has been giving everything she has tirelessly and feverishly. This is simply out of anyone's hands. I'm growing frustrated and impatient like everyone before me most likely has. Unfortunately my dealer hasn't offered to anything. I did ask for a set of Michelin pilot sport a/s. Since the car will show up when it's too cold but I haven't heard back.
Oh wow, you owe me a beer bro! A few pages back you left a copy of your window sticker and so I entered your VIN and mine in the ETIS site and guess what popped up?
"Outstanding Field Service Actions
15C13 - RESTRAINT COMPONENT REPLACEMENT"
I got the same message. Now the big question is what is involved in replacing that component? How much damage to the interior will be done when it's being replaced? Ohhhh worry-worry-worry..................

Jim
Old 10/27/15, 05:28 PM
V6 Member

Great find. I'm really not that worried about it. I do plan to do a detailed inspection upon delivery and obviously now have some key areas to target on. Thanks.
Old 10/27/15, 05:58 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by cczx14r
Oh wow, you owe me a beer bro! A few pages back you left a copy of your window sticker and so I entered your VIN and mine in the ETIS site and guess what popped up?
"Outstanding Field Service Actions
15C13 - RESTRAINT COMPONENT REPLACEMENT"
I got the same message. Now the big question is what is involved in replacing that component? How much damage to the interior will be done when it's being replaced? Ohhhh worry-worry-worry..................

Jim
Just an update, questioned my salesman via email and this is what he just got back to me with:
"We just got the compliance recall notice today. And I was just told about it now."

I bet he hated to admit this to me! Upon further research, this could mean a lot of interior dis-assembly, Not a good thing when you realize that they won't put it back together without leaving some interior damage.

Jim

Last edited by cczx14r; 10/27/15 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10/28/15, 08:11 AM
V6 Member

If you go to the federal recall database: https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

Type in your VIN and viola.... your car has already been recalled before you bought it. Mine is in there.
Old 10/28/15, 09:13 AM
V6 Member

If you go to the federal recall database: https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

Type in your VIN and viola.... your car has already been recalled before you bought it. Mine is in there.
Outstanding find! Thank you.
My wife and I are going to the dealership this morning to get my deposit back. Old man winter is upon us here in Northern Nevada so I'll wait until this safety recall has been rectified at Flat Rock and then continue to search for what I want within a 200 mile radius (Edmunds search feature).
Thanks guys and good luck!
Old 10/28/15, 09:17 AM
V6 Member

My dealer told me that I would forfeit my deposit.

This has reached the news as well.... http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...cles/74730186/
Old 10/28/15, 09:58 AM
V6 Member

The thing is.... according to the Detroit News article, DEALERS are going to replace the seatbelts.... But how will they replace the seatbelts if they never get the cars?
Old 10/28/15, 03:43 PM
V6 Member

My dealer told me that I would forfeit my deposit.

This has reached the news as well.... http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...cles/74730186/
FYI, I got my deposit back and now I'm starting over from scratch and glad to be rid of all the BS lies. I'm putting my required configuration out there at numerous dealerships within a 200 mile radius and will see what happens.
Don't let the dealer try to tell you that you'll have to forfeit your deposit IF you truly want to back out of your deal. My dealer initially told that to me, but after getting a little hot under the collar, they finally listened up about this extended delay being a hardship, etc, so to speak.
Good luck bro!
Old 10/28/15, 03:47 PM
V6 Member

Well done cczx14r. Good luck!

I have left a REFUNDABLE deposit on an in stock Magnetic GT Premium w/ PP in Chicago. The only difference between this one and the one I ordered is the one in Chicago has navigation. I'm going to drive up to Chicago on Friday hopefully yo get it. (300 miles away). The dealer has a couple other GT Premiums with Performance Package if you're interested.
Old 10/29/15, 01:10 PM
V6 Member

Well I didn't go with the one that I found in stock out of town. The body panels were way off. It looked terrible. Look at the hood alignment? SHOCKING for a brand new car!

Name:  3_zpsu1fefzkn.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  546.0 KB
Old 10/29/15, 01:23 PM
V6 Member

I've heard from almost everyone the panel fitment is horrendous on most of them. Definitely something to look at. Also need to check the function of both hood and trunk. Sometimes they have been off enough to slide during up or down and scrape paint, then slide into place.
Old 10/29/15, 05:00 PM
V6 Member

I feel for you oneeyedgiant, that sucks! Next time, have the salesman run out and take a frontal pic before you make the trip, if possible. That's what I'm planning to do. You seem to be walking down the same frustrating path I am, so to speak. As you know, I got my deposit back and now have emailed my specification listing to four different dealerships within a 200 mile radius and so far, just busy body correspondence from them but no GT that I want yet. And yes, for the last 3 months I've been having nightmares that the GT I ordered would come in with the dreaded misaligned hood and/or trunk fit. $40K+ / Ford quality? Unreal! I find myself looking at the hood alignment first thing when looking through inventory listings. Some of the guys on this and other sites are really lucky to have a near perfect hood fit. I am a perfectionist when it comes to my toys, but I would have to say that about 75% of the GTs I have seen in person or online have good fitting hoods. At least we're in control of what we buy or don't buy when not having to worry about an order coming in all screwed up. My wife is really getting tired of me talking about when and where I'll eventually find one. Hell, I'm 71 big ones, ain't got all that much time left! Ha, dad lived to be 98, I think I'm good to go for a few more!? Anyway guys, keep the faith, it'll happen sooner or later!

Quick Reply: 2016 Mustang are rolling down the assembly line