Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Suspension modification time!

Search this Thread

Old 3/23/15, 06:30 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will do. I did use the GT 500 mounts with the arrows pointed towards the motor. We will see what the numbers look like.
Old 3/24/15, 09:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
I put the final piece of my puzzle together tonight!
I installed the BMR UCA, and BMR mount!
Install was not that hard except for adjusting it!
You can hardly get up there to adjust it and tighten it up.
But end resaults is one very sold felling rear end, with zero wheel hop, and a very little raise in NVH!
Old 3/24/15, 10:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by ElkGroveFordGuy
I put the final piece of my puzzle together tonight! I installed the BMR UCA, and BMR mount! Install was not that hard except for adjusting it! You can hardly get up there to adjust it and tighten it up. But end resaults is one very sold felling rear end, with zero wheel hop, and a very little raise in NVH!
I have that exact combo coming soon too. And an extra combo for sale, minus the one bolt for the arm itself.
Old 3/29/15, 09:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

I ran my car at a SCCA solo2 autocross Saturday.
With the new suspension the car just works so much better!
Cars that I was just betting by .2 or .3 sec. last year, I'm now a full 2sec. faster than them!
So I'm about 2 sec. faster on a 60 sec. coarse, that's a lot!
I'm now in a higher class, with cars running full slicks, and I'm on 220 tread wear street tires, but I still beat all the street tire cars and half the cars on slicks!
In conclusion my new Mods work great!
Old 4/5/15, 04:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just wanted to share a quick up date!
As far as the koni yellow shocks go, there really is a big difference when changing the adjusters!
Even a half a rotation of the **** (it will do 2 full turns from full soft to full stiff) really changes the way the car rides!
I was at 1 1/2 turns full firm on the track, which felt great, but was very rough on the street.
I'm now at 1/2 turn on the street ride is very comfortable for a lowered performance suspension set up!
I know they cost a couple hundred more than non-adjustable shocks but I think they are worth every penny if you are going to be doing track driving and daily driving!
Old 4/6/15, 06:43 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Just wanted to share a quick up date!
As far as the koni yellow shocks go, there really is a big difference when changing the adjusters!
Even a half a rotation of the **** (it will do 2 full turns from full soft to full stiff) really changes the way the car rides!
I was at 1 1/2 turns full firm on the track, which felt great, but was very rough on the street.
I'm now at 1/2 turn on the street ride is very comfortable for a lowered performance suspension set up!
I know they cost a couple hundred more than non-adjustable shocks but I think they are worth every penny if you are going to be doing track driving and daily driving!
Good review, and glad to hear you're nearly 2 seconds faster than last year. That speaks volumes!

P.S. Any idea why the drop with Steeda Sport springs was higher than expected? They advertise 1" and 1.25". Do you think it's due to the combination of using these springs with 05-10 style shocks/struts?

Thanks for sharing you settings and how they are working out. I'll be using this thread as a initial setting guide when I do suspension work next spring if I go with the same setup.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 4/6/15 at 07:06 PM.
Old 4/6/15, 08:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
Good review, and glad to hear you're nearly 2 seconds faster than last year. That speaks volumes!

P.S. Any idea why the drop with Steeda Sport springs was higher than expected? They advertise 1" and 1.25". Do you think it's due to the combination of using these springs with 05-10 style shocks/struts?

Thanks for sharing you settings and how they are working out. I'll be using this thread as a initial setting guide when I do suspension work next spring if I go with the same setup.
I believe its the combination of the 05-10 style struts with the GT 500 strut mounts, make the car sit about 1/4" lower!
But I like the way it looks, and I have some pretty big speed bumps at work and I don't hit on those so it should be fine every where!
Old 4/8/15, 11:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

I ran my car at the drag strip tonight!
I have been waiting for a night that was similar in temp. to the last time that I ran my car, about a year ago.
Last time I ran a 12.7 @ 112 mph!
Tonight I ran a 12.5 @ 114 mph!
So my new suspension was not only faster on the autocross course, but hooked up better at the track, and my slightly taller tires, kept me from hitting the rev limiter right before the finish line.
So new personal best on street tires 12.5 @ 114 mph
Old 4/9/15, 01:40 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
I ran my car at the drag strip tonight!
I have been waiting for a night that was similar in temp. to the last time that I ran my car, about a year ago.
Last time I ran a 12.7 @ 112 mph!
Tonight I ran a 12.5 @ 114 mph!
So my new suspension was not only faster on the autocross course, but hooked up better at the track, and my slightly taller tires, kept me from hitting the rev limiter right before the finish line.
So new personal best on street tires 12.5 @ 114 mph
Wow, so your new setup is a win-win. I like it
Old 4/13/15, 05:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ran my car at a SCCA solo2 autocross Saturday.
With the new suspension the car just works so much better!
Cars that I was just betting by .2 or .3 sec. last year, I'm now a full 2sec. faster than them!
So I'm about 2 sec. faster on a 60 sec. coarse, that's a lot!
I'm now in a higher class, with cars running full slicks, and I'm on 220 tread wear street tires, but I still beat all the street tire cars and half the cars on slicks!
In conclusion my new Mods work great!

Glad to hear the new setup is working out. Now get a set of Hoosiers on that bad boy and find out how fast that car really is.
Old 5/11/15, 10:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Got to bring my car to Thunder Hill race park, this last Friday!
I ran there full course, 5.1 mile road coarse!
All I have to say is WOW! This car drives even better than I was hoping for at speed on the track.
The track has lots of elevation change, blind drop off corners, banking, off camber, high speed turns and slow hair pin turns. My car did great every where.
There were a couple Boss Laguna Seca mustangs out there, I found my car to be equal if not faster than the mostly stock LS mustangs. Which is the car I was hoping to compete with.
The only negative I found was after 4 laps (20.4 miles) my brakes showed the smallest bit of brake fade, but I have currently a completely stock brembo brake setup, so after a few changes ( pads, cooling ducts, and the larger rear rotors) I should be exactly where I want to be.
Over all very happy with my mods on my car, and my overall vehicle package!
Old 5/29/15, 07:21 PM
V6 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey guys/gals - I installed some new suspension parts last weekend and have since had it aligned but it's chirping and squeaking like crazy! it's driving me nuts to be honest. I don't know if it just needs to settle or if I did something wrong or what...

I installed steeda sport springs with koni str.t's and j&m caster/camber plates. the car feels good! but the noises are driving me crazy and I don't know if it's something that will go away or something I'm missing?

Any help or advice/tips are appreciated!
Old 5/29/15, 07:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Got to bring my car to Thunder Hill race park, this last Friday!
I ran there full course, 5.1 mile road coarse!
All I have to say is WOW! This car drives even better than I was hoping for at speed on the track.
The track has lots of elevation change, blind drop off corners, banking, off camber, high speed turns and slow hair pin turns. My car did great every where.
There were a couple Boss Laguna Seca mustangs out there, I found my car to be equal if not faster than the mostly stock LS mustangs. Which is the car I was hoping to compete with.
The only negative I found was after 4 laps (20.4 miles) my brakes showed the smallest bit of brake fade, but I have currently a completely stock brembo brake setup, so after a few changes ( pads, cooling ducts, and the larger rear rotors) I should be exactly where I want to be.
Over all very happy with my mods on my car, and my overall vehicle package!
Sounds like a blast! That is a LOOOONG track - I'd love to try that one out some day!

I'm impressed your brakes held up as long as they did. Put in cooling, pads, SS lines, and high temp fluid and you should be good for a while.
Old 6/21/15, 12:51 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
I finally got the time to do my install a couple of weeks ago. The Steeda parts were all top notch as expected as was the service. I had the car aligned and have put a couple of hundred miles on it now since the upgrades. The brake dive and wheel hop are gone and the cars feels much more balanced than before. It is a bit firmer, but not too harsh for daily driving. I will post some pics when I get a chance.
Old 6/21/15, 08:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Glad to hear it & we appreciate that you took the time to provide your feedback & review!

Yes, please post pictures when you can ... always love the visuals!!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 6/21/15, 08:45 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
CSdave--I don't know if you have identified the source of your squeeks, etc. Reportedly there was a bad run of Koni orange fairly recently. You might want to look closely at them.

Last edited by smike308; 6/21/15 at 08:47 PM.
Old 6/24/15, 05:30 PM
V6 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by smike308
CSdave--I don't know if you have identified the source of your squeeks, etc. Reportedly there was a bad run of Koni orange fairly recently. You might want to look closely at them.
Thanks for the reply. I've started the warranty return process with Koni so hopefully a new set of struts will solve the issue.