Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

What Tune Do I Pick?

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/15, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Tune Do I Pick?

Hello everyone, I have been the proud owner of a 2014 Mustang v6 for 2 years now and I am finally seriously considering a tune.

The only modification my car has is an Airaid CAI. I am looking for a little more power out of a tune, but primarily reliability. This is my only car and I could not afford a blown engine.

This is where you all come in. Please tell me your stories of favorite tune companies, best gains, blown engines, or whatever you find relevant.

Thanks for your time.

P.S. - Do you know of any distributors that have forum discounts on tuners?
Attached Thumbnails What Tune Do I Pick?-img_1348.jpg  
Old 8/5/15, 06:48 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Get a Bama tune from American Muscle. I run the V2 91 race tune everyday and my wife runs a V2 87 performance tune on her 14 vert. They are safe tunes and won't blow your engine. The difference from stock is like night and day.

As far as a discount, American Muscle will give you a discount once you reach 50 posts on the forum. Start welcoming new members and you will get to 50 fast

Last edited by maverick1125; 8/5/15 at 06:52 PM.
Old 8/5/15, 07:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Im running the 93 Octane pre-loaded tune from the SCT X4 tuner and I like it a lot! Nothing wrong with it. I adjusted the tire size, removed speed limiter, increased idle myself and the rest was done by the tuner. Shifts are firmer now and throttle response is better.

However, if i go with long tube headers and X pipe and catback piping, i will get a custom tune done by MPT or Steeda. (Heard nothing but good about those 2 companies).

You won't blow your engine, don't worry. However check in with your dealer about tuner and warranty. Some dealers void warranty if the engine is tuned. Before i bought my car, my dealer told me that i can do anything to the car but tune it.

I am 1.5 years into my car purchase now. I decided to tune it anyway because i want to drive it how i like it and the speed limiter at 113mph doesn't make it fun driving on the highway when your engine locks down and other cars pass you by :P

But that's just me. Make sure before removing the speed limiter, you get a 1-piece aluminum driveshaft.

Last edited by iceD; 8/5/15 at 07:31 PM.
Old 8/5/15, 07:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
I have both a Steeda and Redliner tune. Both are good, I prefer the Redliner.
Old 8/5/15, 08:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Our tunes are safe, reliable & powerful ... there are other tuners out there that will push a little more power but we have found that comfort zone so your investment is not going to have an issue.

Here is one of our Lead Tuners, James, for example - you are in good hands with Steeda:

James has over 15 years of experience professionally tuning Fords - mainly the Mustang, Focus, Fusion and F-series. He was previously employed by SCT and trained many of their top tuners! James takes pride in providing quality, conservative tunes that you will feel confident in loading onto your daily driver. Reliability while providing tremendous gains are at the core of our tuning values.
Let me know if I can help assist you with placing an order!! Many happy customers out there & I will let them weigh in for more support!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 8/5/15, 09:10 PM

Oh wow that sounds great...you have any idea how big a discount it is?

Ive been leaning towards BAMA because I love the company American Muscle. Great customer service and good products.
Old 8/6/15, 11:43 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AM discount is 6%. When you reach 50 posts PM Will or Alex and they will hook you up with a discount code
Old 8/6/15, 04:53 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Our tunes are safe, reliable & powerful ... there are other tuners out there that will push a little more power but we have found that comfort zone so your investment is not going to have an issue.

Here is one of our Lead Tuners, James, for example - you are in good hands with Steeda:

Let me know if I can help assist you with placing an order!! Many happy customers out there & I will let them weigh in for more support!

Best Regards,

TJ
Hello,

im in canada, and steeda.ca is about 45 mins from me. what affiliation do you have with them? is it just a franchise? do they offer the same tunes and warranties?

thanks
Old 8/7/15, 06:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Hello,

im in canada, and steeda.ca is about 45 mins from me. what affiliation do you have with them? is it just a franchise? do they offer the same tunes and warranties?

thanks
Steeda.ca is a valuable partner & distributor of Steeda Manufactured Parts. Their tuning & processes are different than that of Steeda U.S.A.

They write very good tunes & we are happy they represent the Steeda name.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 8/14/15, 10:59 PM
V6 Member

First mod I did on my '14 vert was a bama tune. Have been running the 93r tune and love it. Once my Borla S-types get here this week, I'm gonna load up the V2 93r tune up with the mod revision and Can't wait to see how she rides after that. Nothing wrong with the race tune as it was, but the update I'm sure will make a difference to the V2. Love the way you can just punch the gas and there is no hesitation, it just GOES.....it is an automatic with select shift, but my only complaint (although small) is that it is just so hard to get it to do any sort of burnout...even with the traction control off. Not that its a terrible thing since the car just takes off with no problems at all, it would just be fun to once in a blue moon smell some burnt rubber in the morning : )
Old 8/14/15, 11:05 PM
Bullitt Member

a full bolt on 2011+ v6 with long tube headers will push around 350-360+ rwhp with a 93 octane tune and full synthetic oil.

Atleast that's what i've been hearing. And i don't doubt those numbers for a second.
Old 8/14/15, 11:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Also count super coils and injectors in there as well.
Old 8/15/15, 08:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by MustangMike94
Hello everyone, I have been the proud owner of a 2014 Mustang v6 for 2 years now and I am finally seriously considering a tune.

The only modification my car has is an Airaid CAI. I am looking for a little more power out of a tune, but primarily reliability. This is my only car and I could not afford a blown engine.

This is where you all come in. Please tell me your stories of favorite tune companies, best gains, blown engines, or whatever you find relevant.

Thanks for your time.

P.S. - Do you know of any distributors that have forum discounts on tuners?
That is a nice green Mustang.
Old 8/15/15, 01:28 PM
GT Member

I like my Bama tune. With nothing more than 93 race tune I went from 12.8 to 12.4 in the 1/4 3.31 manual
Old 8/23/15, 06:15 AM
V6 Member

Just added the V293r tune on the car this morning...finally got around to borrowing a laptop to add it to the tuner....(wish they would just add android support *hint hint). Didn't get to drive on it yet, but I did just idle run the car for about 15 minutes afterwards, and noticed that the throttle response seems even better then it did with the regular 93r tune loaded before. It should be a fun ride to work today....one of the few times I'm going to wish it were a longer drive. Now just waiting for my off day to throw the Borla Stingers on....