Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Revised TSB for Lower Control Arm squeak

Search this Thread

Old 8/18/13, 05:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PonyOx
I was able to take a look today and I'm disappointed to find that my late June build car does not have the shields.
Sorry to hear that, but thanks for looking and sharing your findings.
Old 8/18/13, 05:59 PM

My 2012 has the noisy LCA problem. I took it to the dealer in June. They drove it less than 3 miles and said that they could not replicate the problem. I took it back this week and once again they could not replicate the problem. The mileage in and mileage out on the repair order were the same, leading me to believe that they did not drive the car. Maybe it's time to ask Deisha to escalate this.
Old 8/19/13, 09:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by PaulL
My 2012 has the noisy LCA problem. I took it to the dealer in June. They drove it less than 3 miles and said that they could not replicate the problem. I took it back this week and once again they could not replicate the problem. The mileage in and mileage out on the repair order were the same, leading me to believe that they did not drive the car. Maybe it's time to ask Deisha to escalate this.
Don't waste your time with that dealer anymore. That's complete crap.
Old 8/19/13, 09:53 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by typesredline
Don't waste your time with that dealer anymore. That's complete crap.
I agree - get Deysha involved and get this escalated... my local ford I do service with is way to busy, and there is a problem with that. I don't mind waiting, don't overbook. Take the time and take care of my car...
Old 8/19/13, 10:05 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Xar

I agree - get Deysha involved and get this escalated... my local ford I do service with is way to busy, and there is a problem with that. I don't mind waiting, don't overbook. Take the time and take care of my car...
Agreed. I just have an issue with dealers being lazy. Or anyone one getting paid for a job at that. This is why America is in the tubes. Lazy people who feel entitled.

In this case they either don't feel like fixing the issue and lied or are so dumb that they didn't realize it needs to be driven a bit longer than 3 miles to hear it.

Either way, I wouldn't trust my car with them for even an oil change. Go somewhere else, even if its further.

Last edited by typesredline; 8/19/13 at 10:06 PM.
Old 8/20/13, 04:39 AM

TSB 12-8-24 was installed for driver's side LCA on June 19. Problem returned late July. TSB 13-07-08 installed August 19. Service Department has been great. Hoping Ford has finally solved this problem!!!!
Old 8/20/13, 05:03 AM

Took mine in last month and had TSB 12-8-24 done. After getting the car back the alignment was off, brought it back right away to have it re-aligned. Since then I have been having issues with steering. Turns take a longer turn of the wheel to complete and I find myself having to over-correct a lot. Its driving me crazy. Dealer says that everything is tightened and aligned correctly and won't do anything else. I escalated to Deysha (who is great by the way) but my regional customer service manager never talked to me directly (only the dealer) and doesn't seem to have any interest in doing so. I guess I am on my own now, and for the cherry on top my AC quit in it yesterday.
Old 8/20/13, 05:29 AM
GT Member

Deysha: Thanks for all of your continuing help for the Mustang community. My (2012) 5.0 does not have the dreaded suspension creak, but my wife's (2012) V6 pony Package has it very badly. Your post (specifically the post of 7/3/13 @ 8:58am) will help me convince a particularly LAZY dealership to fix the car...not just BS me as they usually try to do! Thanks.

Last edited by Music man in Pcola; 8/20/13 at 05:30 AM. Reason: mispelling
Old 8/20/13, 06:11 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Xar
Deysha escalated my issue and the service manager has the parts I just need to make the appointment, Deysha - you rock!
Originally Posted by SoFlaBoss
My service advisor called yesterday to let me know that all the parts for TSB 13-7-8 had arrived, so I dropped off the wife's stang this morning. It should be ready sometime tomorrow. Thanks again Deysha!

Now is probably a good time to drive my 2013 in this heat to see if it makes the same noises.
You’re very welcome, guys!

Originally Posted by lakersfreak
I do notice a squeaking sound that comes out of what seems like the back seat at times.
Originally Posted by F.D. Sako
oh man, this might be my problem!
for the past 3 weeks whenever i go over speed bumps, regardless of speed, i hear this horrible sound, like someone's opening a 200year old door lol. I also felt the vibration when it squeaked/creaked.
Originally Posted by typesredline
Mine just started popping up. 3000 miles on a 13. Sounds terrible, like a lurch. I hate dealers though so it sucks that she will have to visit one.
Originally Posted by PaulL
My 2012 has the noisy LCA problem. I took it to the dealer in June. They drove it less than 3 miles and said that they could not replicate the problem. I took it back this week and once again they could not replicate the problem. The mileage in and mileage out on the repair order were the same, leading me to believe that they did not drive the car. Maybe it's time to ask Deysha to escalate this.
Be sure to make an appointment with your dealers and let me get it escalated for you as well, guys. PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, mileage, and best daytime number so I can help.

Originally Posted by jona86
Took mine in last month and had TSB 12-8-24 done. After getting the car back the alignment was off, brought it back right away to have it re-aligned. Since then I have been having issues with steering. Turns take a longer turn of the wheel to complete and I find myself having to over-correct a lot. Its driving me crazy. Dealer says that everything is tightened and aligned correctly and won't do anything else. I escalated to Deysha (who is great by the way) but my regional customer service manager never talked to me directly (only the dealer) and doesn't seem to have any interest in doing so. I guess I am on my own now, and for the cherry on top my AC quit in it yesterday.
Send me a PM so I can review this for you, jona86.

Originally Posted by Music man in Pcola
Deysha: Thanks for all of your continuing help for the Mustang community. My (2012) 5.0 does not have the dreaded suspension creak, but my wife's (2012) V6 pony Package has it very badly. Your post (specifically the post of 7/3/13 @ 8:58am) will help me convince a particularly LAZY dealership to fix the car...not just BS me as they usually try to do! Thanks.
Thank you for the kind words, Music man in Pcola! Please send me her info as well, and make an appointment.

Deysha
Old 8/20/13, 01:50 PM

Today on the way home from my volunteer work I found a speed bump near the dealer. The front end squeeked when going over it. I drove to the dealer and talked to the service manager and he rode with me as I drove over the speed bump. Noise confirmed, car goes back in tomorrow. Hopefully the problem will now be resolved. At least they have acknowledged that a problem exists.
Old 8/20/13, 02:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

My wife's stang is going back on Thursday for a front-end alignment because the alignment was affected by performing the TSB. The steering wheel is now positioned slightly to the left when driving straight ahead. My shop is doing this on their own, as the TSB doesn't specify doing an alignment afterwards, when IMO it should, especially when replacing the arms on both sides.
Old 8/20/13, 03:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
My wife's stang is going back on Thursday for a front-end alignment because the alignment was affected by performing the TSB. The steering wheel is now positioned slightly to the left when driving straight ahead. My shop is doing this on their own, as the TSB doesn't specify doing an alignment afterwards, when IMO it should, especially when replacing the arms on both sides.
I agree bro. I think it's pretty sorry of a dealer to not line one up. My dealer did after the repair, no questions ask.

Last edited by wanted33; 8/20/13 at 03:42 PM.
Old 8/29/13, 06:47 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Deysha - I sent you a PM, need your help please.
Old 8/31/13, 08:30 AM
GT Member

About to pick up my car after TSB work. Paperwork says they only did right side only. Does that make sense??
Old 8/31/13, 09:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by hellogreg
About to pick up my car after TSB work. Paperwork says they only did right side only. Does that make sense??
It's possible, if they determined that only your car's right side front LCA was noisy.
Old 9/3/13, 09:07 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by PJRManagement
Deysha - I sent you a PM, need your help please.
Got it! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by hellogreg
It's possible, if they determined that only your car's right side front LCA was noisy.
SoFlaBoss is correct, hellogreg.

Deysha
Old 9/5/13, 04:44 PM

And the creak has returned again

This may be the straw that breaks this camels back. Having been a loyal owner of a string of Fords... 1979 Bronco -->1990 F150 -->1995 Bronco --> 1999 F250 Super Duty V10 --> 2000 F250 Super Duty 7.3 --> 2006 F150 FX4 Supercrew --> 2011 Mustang it's sort of sad when I think about looking at another manufacturer.

Last edited by Patman; 9/5/13 at 04:45 PM.
Old 9/5/13, 06:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Patman
And the creak has returned again

This may be the straw that breaks this camels back. Having been a loyal owner of a string of Fords... 1979 Bronco -->1990 F150 -->1995 Bronco --> 1999 F250 Super Duty V10 --> 2000 F250 Super Duty 7.3 --> 2006 F150 FX4 Supercrew --> 2011 Mustang it's sort of sad when I think about looking at another manufacturer.
You need to verify whether or not the noise is coming from the very latest front lower control arm(s), the ones whose part number have the suffix"D" and have heat shields. If one or more noisy arm is an older arm without the heat shields, then take it back to your dealer and ask Deyhsa (FordService) to escalate your concerns. Just open your hood and compare to the ones that were installed on my wife's pony, as pictured in my earlier post.
Old 9/5/13, 06:49 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
I'm disappointed, too. I had this latest TSB (# 13-7-8, with heat shields) installed first week in August. Dealer took two days (not really sure why - sheet lists 1.8 hours). Noise gone...temporarily. Creak/pop came back last week in August, louder than before, especially at low speeds, while turning the steering wheel. Brought car back to same dealer, asked them to torque everything down again, and re-lube again. Dealer took two days (again...not really sure why). Noise gone. Let's see...
Old 9/5/13, 08:10 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also got the fix finally in early August....I've been waiting a few weeks to post so I could be sure everything is kosher.

So far so good for me. No noises or creaks. The bad thing is that it really hasn't been too hot here since I got it fixed. I'll definitely be keeping an eye (or an ear) on it to see if it comes back. I'm hoping that the fix will stick for me.

My dealer only took a few hours to replace both sides and align the car. I was definitely pleased with the amount of time it took. I'll update if the problem comes back, but for now I'm feeling satisfied with things.

Quick Reply: Revised TSB for Lower Control Arm squeak