Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Revised TSB for Lower Control Arm squeak

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/14, 10:30 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Xar
well - having mine done again for the 3rd time ... hopefully this new revision works better...
Keep me posted, Xar. Thank you for the update!

Deysha
Old 1/3/15, 12:28 AM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
will do - still waiting on the parts to arrive. Thanks :P
Old 3/23/15, 05:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Finally got my LCA's taken care of. I've been procrastinating but called the dealer last week and scheduled the appt for this morning. I am fortunate enough to have about 7 ford dealers close to me. I chose the second closest which was just torn down and rebuilt. It's gorgeous.

Initial phone convo was good. The service advisor said they had kits in stock and do a couple a week. I told him I was nervous about going to the dealer and he offered to have me stay with the tech durning install. He also said I could drive it in. So they were very accommodating to say the least.

When I got there this morning I pulled up, locked the car and saw my advisor. He was finishing up with a customer but promptly came out and clearly remembered me and what we had talked about. He talked to the tech and came back to lead me in the shop as I drove. I pulled it on their brand new racks and met the tech Will.

He was extremely cautious with every movement he made. At first I was thinking that it's because I was standing right there. But after talking to him I realized that he was always like that. I told him that I was worried about the wheels scratching when coming off. He said that's bc some techs don't hold the wheel on the last lug. He then swapped the LCA's in no time.

I backed it off, he told me to drive it and see if the wheel was straight. I came back bc it was a bit off. I pulled it on the alignment rack which used the brand new style Hunter pieces that clamp on the tire itself and don't damage the wheel. Before I knew it, the alignment was done and perfect.

As for the new lca's, I am crunch free and it feels firmer over speed bumps as well.

Deysha, shout out to Elder Ford in Tampa. Will and Johnny were awesome!
Old 3/23/15, 07:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by typesredline
Finally got my LCA's taken care of. I've been procrastinating but called the dealer last week and scheduled the appt for this morning. I am fortunate enough to have about 7 ford dealers close to me. I chose the second closest which was just torn down and rebuilt. It's gorgeous.

Initial phone convo was good. The service advisor said they had kits in stock and do a couple a week. I told him I was nervous about going to the dealer and he offered to have me stay with the tech durning install. He also said I could drive it in. So they were very accommodating to say the least.

When I got there this morning I pulled up, locked the car and saw my advisor. He was finishing up with a customer but promptly came out and clearly remembered me and what we had talked about. He talked to the tech and came back to lead me in the shop as I drove. I pulled it on their brand new racks and met the tech Will.

He was extremely cautious with every movement he made. At first I was thinking that it's because I was standing right there. But after talking to him I realized that he was always like that. I told him that I was worried about the wheels scratching when coming off. He said that's bc some techs don't hold the wheel on the last lug. He then swapped the LCA's in no time.

I backed it off, he told me to drive it and see if the wheel was straight. I came back bc it was a bit off. I pulled it on the alignment rack which used the brand new style Hunter pieces that clamp on the tire itself and don't damage the wheel. Before I knew it, the alignment was done and perfect.

As for the new lca's, I am crunch free and it feels firmer over speed bumps as well.

Deysha, shout out to Elder Ford in Tampa. Will and Johnny were awesome!
typesredline great write up of this dealer. Who is your service writer? I like you are not wanting to have my car serviced because of the things you listed. I am wanting to bring my car in for some service. Are they different control arms?
Old 3/24/15, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by typesredline
...Deysha, shout out to Elder Ford in Tampa. Will and Johnny were awesome!
Hi typesredline,

I'm Crystal, I'm helping out here while Deysha is out of the office. Let's get this awesome feedback documented! To make that happen, send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, dealer info, and any specifics you'd like me to include. Leave the rest to me.

Crystal
Old 3/24/15, 01:26 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
typesredline great write up of this dealer. Who is your service writer? I like you are not wanting to have my car serviced because of the things you listed. I am wanting to bring my car in for some service. Are they different control arms?
Johnny is the advisor but I think he spells it differently. Johany maybe? Will was the tech. The new arms are the D variety with the heat shields from the 13-9-3 TSB.
Old 3/26/15, 03:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How close are you to the warranty? I'm at 32K and won't be back in the states till this summer with my car. They should still do the TSP even though I'm out of warranty correct?
Old 3/26/15, 07:39 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
How close are you to the warranty? I'm at 32K and won't be back in the states till this summer with my car. They should still do the TSP even though I'm out of warranty correct?
Feb of 2016 it'll be up. Only have 9k miles. I'd imagine that being out of the country, they'd make some sort of exception. But idk. I think it's still warranty based.
Old 3/27/15, 02:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah I'm callin today to try and get my car looked at. I'm going to a different shop though.
Old 5/5/15, 03:35 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The squeak comes back to my 12 v6 stang this week. I had the latest revision TSB done last year but it seems not help much and now I am out of luck.

Sad.
Old 5/5/15, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by alfaromeo
The squeak comes back to my 12 v6 stang this week. I had the latest revision TSB done last year but it seems not help much and now I am out of luck.

Sad.
Have you addressed this with your Ford Dealer, alfaromeo? Your service manager is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

Also, remember most paid repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty. You can schedule an appointment online here.

Deysha
Old 5/10/15, 11:57 AM

hi Deysha i have the same problem with my 14 gt with 17k only the problem is am in UAE and the dealer do not carry on with the guarantee because my car is us import
so what i can do to fix this problem.
thank you
Old 5/11/15, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Johani
hi Deysha i have the same problem with my 14 gt with 17k only the problem is am in UAE and the dealer do not carry on with the guarantee because my car is us import
thank you
Welcome, Johani! I first recommend calling the Middle East Customer Relationship Center at 800-0444-3673 for assistance.

Also, I know we’ve made arrangements with the Overseas Military Sales Corporation (OMSC) to assist with service-related issues. OMSC can help you find a participating service center. Please contact them at 1-800-669-6183 or 9-011-49-6173-704-256. I hope this helps.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 5/12/15 at 06:47 AM.
Old 5/11/15, 08:03 AM

hi Deysha thank you
as i told you acalled them and they dont want to listen they say its not their problem and for the second number u gave me i dont see what they can do for me.
Old 5/11/15, 09:50 AM

hi Deysha thank you
as i told you acalled them and they dont want to listen they say its not their problem and for the second number u gave me i dont see what they can do for me.
OMSC wasn’t able to help out either, Johani?

Deysha
Old 5/11/15, 10:08 AM

hi Deysha
NO i did not cal them because i don't know that organism and what they have to do with ford and am not military
thank you
Old 5/11/15, 08:11 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Have you addressed this with your Ford Dealer, alfaromeo? Your service manager is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

Also, remember most paid repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty. You can schedule an appointment online here.

Deysha

Thanks Deysha. I am pretty sure it is the exact same problem since I have experienced same thing for several times.

My dealer is awesome. But they can't help in case of out of warranty. I can only blame Ford design and quality.
Old 5/12/15, 06:55 AM

hi Deysha
NO i did not cal them because i don't know that organism and what they have to do with ford and am not military
thank you
I understand the warranty does not apply to your vehicle because it’s imported, but they can assist your dealer with getting your vehicle repaired, Johani.

Originally Posted by alfaromeo
Thanks Deysha. I am pretty sure it is the exact same problem since I have experienced same thing for several times.

My dealer is awesome. But they can't help in case of out of warranty. I can only blame Ford design and quality.
You should still speak with your service manager, as he can look into any type of coverage/discounts that can help with the repairs needed, alfaromeo.

Deysha
Old 6/7/15, 03:23 AM

thank you

Hi Johani

They should, Ford warranty is international. I imported my car from US and in Saudi Arabia the dealer honored the warranty and they changed the LCA 4 times and that didn't solve the issue. And now I'm looking for aftermarket LCA.

Regards
Old 7/24/15, 05:12 PM

Had this issue on my GT a long time ago. It got repaired under TSB 12-8-24 and the squeak went away. The noise came back a few weeks ago. Checked online and saw that there's a new TSB (13-9-3) out that added shields. Scheduled my car to bring it into a dealer recommended to me by some Mustang friends to get it replaced. Just got the car back - and not even 50 miles later, I'm going down the road with the windows open and "squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak" over every little bump.

I let the car cool down and put her up on jackstands to have a look. The control arms look new (clean, although some chips and scratches, correct part number with -D suffix), but the shields called out in the drawing are clearly missing so I'm not sure what the dealer did or didn't do. If all the dealer forgot to do is install the shield, it still doesn't explain why brand new bushings are this bad.

Name:  6ZkTHMm.png
Views: 5
Size:  162.1 KB

Name:  fzUNVDWl.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  57.5 KB
Name:  dTwJAtIl.jpg
Size:  34.4 KB
Name:  X6ocUSLl.jpg
Size:  55.6 KB

So now I have to take the time to go back to the dealer and get this figured out. This is getting a little frustrating.

Last edited by CrzRsn; 7/24/15 at 06:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Revised TSB for Lower Control Arm squeak