Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Revised TSB for Lower Control Arm squeak

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/13, 07:42 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by PJRManagement
---
Hi Deysha. My Ford dealer has the entire kit in (LCAs, sheilds, nuts, bolts, screws, etc.). I have an appointment next week for the repairs. I will PM you my details. Thanks.
Thank you, PJRManagement! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 8/1/13, 05:19 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just posted in the Warranty section as well....my dealership ordered the parts (they are on backorder) and I will post my results when I get everything in.

Just to double check......has everyone been getting alignments with no problems after getting both LCA's replaced?
Old 8/1/13, 05:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deysha, I was told today that the parts that were ordered for our 2011 Mustang a week ago for TSB 13-7-8 are backordered. My service advisor further said that the parts are now showing that they should arrive in 1 or 2 weeks, where as originally no expected arrival date was showing in the system.
Old 8/2/13, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by jp1seattle
I just posted in the Warranty section as well....my dealership ordered the parts (they are on backorder) and I will post my results when I get everything in.
Just to double check......has everyone been getting alignments with no problems after getting both LCA's replaced?
Originally Posted by SoFlaBoss
Deysha, I was told today that the parts that were ordered for our 2011 Mustang a week ago for TSB 13-7-8 are backordered. My service advisor further said that the parts are now showing that they should arrive in 1 or 2 weeks, where as originally no expected arrival date was showing in the system.
Guys, let me escalate this for you and see what we can do about this parts delay. PM me with your dealer, VIN, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 8/2/13, 02:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
I got a call from the service dept. yesterday. My area Customer Rep. (Breanne) has somehow be able to get the parts for our car. She magically bypassed the middle man, and the parts are supposed to be in the first of next week. What a girl.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying she is as good as Deysha.....but she is good.
Old 8/2/13, 05:44 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by jp1seattle
---
Josh - my 2011 GT is lowered about 1" in front, and 1.5" in rear. My front LCAs had to have their mounting bolt holes widened a little bit to get the front alignment into spec (even with camber bolts). It's a simple procedure once the LCAs are off the car. My Ford dealer will do this for me with the new TSB LCAs before they install them. If your car is not lowered, and tracks straight, you will not need this. If your car is lowered, and pulls a little, you might need this.
Old 8/3/13, 06:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by FordService
Guys, let me escalate this for you and see what we can do about this parts delay. PM me with your dealer, VIN, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
PM sent. Thanks, Deysha!
Old 8/5/13, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by wanted33
I got a call from the service dept. yesterday. My area Customer Rep. (Breanne) has somehow be able to get the parts for our car. She magically bypassed the middle man, and the parts are supposed to be in the first of next week. What a girl.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying she is as good as Deysha.....but she is good.
Lol!! Thank you, wanted33.

Originally Posted by SoFlaBoss
PM sent. Thanks, Deysha!
You’re welcome! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 8/6/13, 09:46 AM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
well - now I'm confused.... :/

Ford Service comes back to me and says my car received the latest TSB last year for this problem (even though the TSB I gave him is dated July 15, 2013???), and I have a squeak in the right rear, he tells me that's related to the LCA TSB problem - AND to top it off, dealer said that Ford would authorize them to replace it since it was replaced once already....

I'm sending Deysha a PM now with the info - but my service place is not the same place I bought the car from (the dealer I bought from has horrible service)... I think my new dealer is too busy that nobody really followed up... *sigh*
Old 8/6/13, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Xar

Ford Service comes back to me and says my car received the latest TSB last year for this problem (even though the TSB I gave him is dated July 15, 2013???), and I have a squeak in the right rear, he tells me that's related to the LCA TSB problem - AND to top it off, dealer said that Ford would authorize them to replace it since it was replaced once already....

I'm sending Deysha a PM now with the info - but my service place is not the same place I bought the car from (the dealer I bought from has horrible service)... I think my new dealer is too busy that nobody really followed up... *sigh*
---
Hey Chris, sounds frustrating. Firstly, communicating with Deysha is your best starting point, so follow-up with that. Secondly, I believe that there have been several TSBs on this front LCA squeak problem (I think this is the fourth one). Here's the link to print this latest version, http://www.fordservicecontent.com/pu...sb13-07-08.pdf
This includes the heat shield, which is supposed to be the new cure for protecting the bushings. Print and show your dealer this. Ford should perform the newest TSB, at no charge, no matter how many times this may have been done previously. And, lastly, the rear noise problem has nothing to do with the front noise problem, scary your dealer would tell you that. That rear noise needs to be examined and diagnosed separately by the dealer. Many times rear noise on these newer Mustangs is related to the rear sway bar link bushings. Hope this helps. Good luck, and keep us posted.
Ps: My baby goes in tomorrow for the new front LCA TSB, I've got my fingers crossed...
Old 8/6/13, 09:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry for being a little off topic, but quick question, do you know of any TSB for the belt tensioner bearing?

My car makes this exact sound but its random, and rare, and typically in colder conditions:

I already called the dealership, and also mentioned the video, he said he thought he had seen a bulletin about the issue, said i needed to leave the car. However since it rarely happens on my car, and not reliably replicated, we decided to wait till it was more easily replicated that way i dont end up without a car for days.. And still have the problem out of them not being able to replicate it.

Back to the topic though, is this issue with the bumps universal or just some mustangs? I dont think ive noticed anything but i also wasnt paying attention for it, and with the crappy streets here its hard to tell. What exactly does it sound like?

Thanks!!!
Old 8/7/13, 08:03 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Xar

Wow. Compete BS! I can't stand service reps that try to snake out of work. They don't know what the hell they're talking about and make up stuff. Or completely lie to customers. We all know Ford was never even sent the info for authorization work.

I hope Deysha escalates this to the highest level possible so that this awful excuse for humans can be either trained or fired. They are giving Ford service a bad name.
Old 8/7/13, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Xar

---
Hey Chris, sounds frustrating. Firstly, communicating with Deysha is your best starting point, so follow-up with that.
Ps: My baby goes in tomorrow for the new front LCA TSB, I've got my fingers crossed...
Originally Posted by typesredline
Wow.
I hope Deysha escalates this to the highest level possible so that this awful excuse for humans can be either trained or fired. They are giving Ford service a bad name.
Thank you for the mention, guys!

Originally Posted by Jonathan73x
Sorry for being a little off topic, but quick question, do you know of any TSB for the belt tensioner bearing?

My car makes this exact sound but its random, and rare, and typically in colder conditions:

Thanks!!!
Be sure to PM me as well if you need help, Jonathan73x.

Deysha
Old 8/7/13, 09:30 AM
Cobra Member

I've never delt with a tsb so I'm wondering if the dealer can deny you the tsb if you've changed your shocks, struts, springs and mounts?

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 8/7/13 at 09:31 AM.
Old 8/7/13, 07:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
I've never delt with a tsb so I'm wondering if the dealer can deny you the tsb if you've changed your shocks, struts, springs and mounts?
Absolutely. You've modded other suspension components that could play into LCAs going bad, unless I'm mistaken. I think you're SOL.
Old 8/7/13, 09:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I need to go back

My car was fixed before the TSB. And was doing ok.....
I need to go back, it started squeaking again (although not as bad as it was at first).
Old 8/7/13, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
---
Originally Posted by kylerohde
Absolutely. You've modded other suspension components that could play into LCAs going bad, unless I'm mistaken. I think you're SOL.
---
A dealer can choose to deny a free repair/TSB if you modified your vehicle, if the dealer can prove that one caused the other. That being said, not only does my vehicle have a modded suspension installed (Eibach), but my Ford dealer DID THE INSTALL, and the same Ford dealer is doing this TSB for me, no charge. A good dealership who wants your future business will be fair. And it's obvious that lowering the vehicle did not cause this problem.
Old 8/8/13, 01:15 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
TSB stands for technical service bulletin. Its only there to aid the techs towards diagnosis. It's not a recall or anything mandatory that they have to fix on your car. If you're out of warranty due to mileage or modifications, you can be denied free repairs. Like stated above, good relationship with your service department goes a long way. They will check your history with them and judge you based on it also. If you only bring your car there for warranty work and nothing more, you're not a valued customer. That's how it works people. Let them change your oil and sell you a few useless services here and there and they will take care of all your little problems even past your warranty period sometimes.
Old 8/8/13, 10:00 AM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I take my car to the same dealer for service, they were also the dealership who installed by new exhaust parts (gt500 ab's boss quad). They've done all but my first service. I think I'll call the guy back today and ask him for an e-mail so I can link the new TSB and explain to him it's dated July of this year, my old TSB was August of last year.

Deysha has escalated as well.
Old 8/8/13, 10:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by Xar
I take my car to the same dealer for service, they were also the dealership who installed by new exhaust parts (gt500 ab's boss quad). They've done all but my first service. I think I'll call the guy back today and ask him for an e-mail so I can link the new TSB and explain to him it's dated July of this year, my old TSB was August of last year.

Deysha has escalated as well.
Xar, others here have had their vehicles repaired more than once. I'm sure Deysha will take care of the problem for you.

Me, I'm still waiting on one part to arrive...

Update: 4:00 pm dealer calls....parts are all in.

Last edited by wanted33; 8/8/13 at 02:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Revised TSB for Lower Control Arm squeak