Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Revised TSB for Lower Control Arm squeak

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/13, 01:55 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Thanks so much for the info, Jim. Here's the link to the TSB if you want to print it out (they have a PDF version). I will be taking my 11 GT in for this shortly. And I will report my results.
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...sb13-07-08.htm
Old 7/22/13, 07:41 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService
That sounds like a plan!

Let me get this escalated to the customer service manager of your areas, guys. Please PM me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
I work at a ford dealership, I don't need to have anything escalated, it would be, at best, bad workplace politics - they treat me right, I wasn't complaining, but I do appreciate all that you do.
Old 7/23/13, 08:52 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Earlsays
I work at a ford dealership, I don't need to have anything escalated, it would be, at best, bad workplace politics - they treat me right, I wasn't complaining, but I do appreciate all that you do.
That's great, Earlsays! Thanks for your kind words.

Deysha
Old 7/23/13, 05:05 PM
V6 Member

I've got this same issue with the popping noise while taking off. I can feel it on the clutch, I'm glad to know it's not a transmission issue! I also noticed the loud creaking noise last week in 90+ degree temps while going over a speed bump. Glad to see there is a fix for this, thanks for doing the legwork guys!
Old 7/23/13, 08:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Lately with the So. FL heat, the front end on my wife's 2011 V6 MCA has been making these awful creaking/grunting and popping sounds just driving, but more so when going slow over speed bumps. It's quiet when the car is cool. The first time I heard these noises, I had to make sure the front wheel lugs were properly torqued, as it sounded like something in the suspension was going to come apart. I'm going to take in to the dealership this week and mention TSB 13-7-8. They'll probably have to order the parts.
Old 7/24/13, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by smiley
I've got this same issue with the popping noise while taking off. I can feel it on the clutch, I'm glad to know it's not a transmission issue! I also noticed the loud creaking noise last week in 90+ degree temps while going over a speed bump. Glad to see there is a fix for this, thanks for doing the legwork guys!
Hi smiley,

I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, mileage, and best daytime number so I can help.

Originally Posted by SoFlaBoss
Lately with the So. FL heat, the front end on my wife's 2011 V6 MCA has been making these awful creaking/grunting and popping sounds just driving, but more so when going slow over speed bumps. It's quiet when the car is cool. The first time I heard these noises, I had to make sure the front wheel lugs were properly torqued, as it sounded like something in the suspension was going to come apart. I'm going to take in to the dealership this week and mention TSB 13-7-8. They'll probably have to order the parts.
You should have it checked out at your dealer and speak to your Service Manager about this, SoflaBoss. He/She is in the best position to look into this for you. He/she can check into any warranty, assistance, recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Old 7/24/13, 02:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by PJRManagement
Thanks so much for the info, Jim. Here's the link to the TSB if you want to print it out (they have a PDF version). I will be taking my 11 GT in for this shortly. And I will report my results.
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...sb13-07-08.htm

You are welcome my friend, and thanks for the link. Now, if my dealer will just get the parts in, I'll get the Wifey's fixed also.
Old 7/24/13, 04:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by smiley
Feeling it on the clutch? That doesn't sound right at all. You're noticing the two-piece driveshaft, which has some clunkiness to it inherently, unless you get the shift perfect. Almost impossible to do consistently from 1st to 2nd, at least for me.
Old 7/24/13, 08:37 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kylerohde
Feeling it on the clutch? That doesn't sound right at all. You're noticing the two-piece driveshaft, which has some clunkiness to it inherently, unless you get the shift perfect. Almost impossible to do consistently from 1st to 2nd, at least for me.
I'm sure he means he can feel it in the pedal when he lets off the clutch and starts moving forward. On hot days, I feel the same thing.....it's the front LCA's creaking and popping as the weight transfers.
Old 7/26/13, 06:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

You should have it checked out at your dealer and speak to your Service Manager about this, SoflaBoss. He/She is in the best position to look into this for you. He/she can check into any warranty, assistance, recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Deysha, I brought my wife's car into my dealership yesterday and the parts for TSB 13-7-8 have been ordered. I brought the car in hot and making lots of noise from the front suspension. The service advisor said it was the worst he had ever heard, lol. Thanks Deysha!

I need to drive my 2013 GT in this heat and see if it makes noise too. Problem is I work from home, so my GT below is not a daily driver.

Name:  20130519_143907_zpse24e3c27.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  164.1 KB

Last edited by SoFlaBoss; 7/26/13 at 07:01 AM.
Old 7/26/13, 08:02 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well my '12 GTCS will need replacements as well. Got bad today, been in the mid 90s. No mistaking the sound though. Thanks to everyone who posted, I know my stang will be fixed much faster with all the info.
Old 7/26/13, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by SoFlaBoss
Deysha, I brought my wife's car into my dealership yesterday and the parts for TSB 13-7-8 have been ordered. I brought the car in hot and making lots of noise from the front suspension. The service advisor said it was the worst he had ever heard, lol. Thanks Deysha!

I need to drive my 2013 GT in this heat and see if it makes noise too. Problem is I work from home, so my GT below is not a daily driver.
You’re welcome, SoFlaBoss! Please keep me posted. BTW, your car looks even better in this Florida sun!

Originally Posted by 12GTCS
Well my '12 GTCS will need replacements as well. Got bad today, been in the mid 90s. No mistaking the sound though. Thanks to everyone who posted, I know my stang will be fixed much faster with all the info.
Keep us updated!

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 7/30/13 at 01:17 PM.
Old 7/29/13, 09:42 AM
Cobra Member

Brought the 2012 6'er in Saturday and, as expected, they wanted $850 to do the tsb.

Two years old with 50,000 highway miles on the clock and it's already costing me money.. I don't think I should have to replace major suspension components on a 2 year old car that has never been tracked.. Hell the tires still have 50% of their life left!!!
Old 7/29/13, 11:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by 69Mach1-409
Brought the 2012 6'er in Saturday and, as expected, they wanted $850 to do the tsb.

Two years old with 50,000 highway miles on the clock and it's already costing me money.. I don't think I should have to replace major suspension components on a 2 year old car that has never been tracked.. Hell the tires still have 50% of their life left!!!
Yeah, that sucks. Mine has 49,000 so I'll be having the same problem if the issue shows up, which luckily it hasn't. If you've got documented history of the problem with your dealer, that plus the fact that they've had to issue new part numbers on this four times now, could at least get the cost lowered maybe.
Old 7/29/13, 11:36 AM
Cobra Member

No documentation as the issue just showed up this past summer and this was the first time bringing her in for that issue.
Old 7/29/13, 02:09 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've been waiting for an update on this TSB - I had it done last year around 5k miles, it's started again (not as bad as before but there) - just made the appointment with the dealer to get this looked at.
Old 7/29/13, 04:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
And I'm still waiting on parts. I'm hoping they come in this week. If not, I'll have a parlay with the service manager.
Old 7/29/13, 04:36 PM
GT Member

Got mine in today. Confirmed the LCA issue. They are replacing both but had to order the parts. One to two weeks, they are on back order? Have to crank up the radio going onto base for a bit...
Old 7/31/13, 12:27 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
got mine looked at today, I actually have two different suspension issues, first is the LCA problem (I've had it fixed one already) - second is a squeak or chirp from the rear. Ford looked at it today and I'm waiting on warranty confirmation...

15k miles on my '13 and this is the only issue I've had... not bad.
Old 7/31/13, 11:58 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, mileage, and best daytime number so I can help. Deysha
---
Hi Deysha. My Ford dealer has the entire kit in (LCAs, sheilds, nuts, bolts, screws, etc.). I have an appointment next week for the repairs. I will PM you my details. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Revised TSB for Lower Control Arm squeak