Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Coil overs

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/15, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coil overs

I am looking for recommendations and experiences with coil over systems for my 2011 GT with Track pack. Interested in either the Eibach, SR performance, or Steeda but open to other ideas. Please share your experiences or suggestions. Thanks!
Old 2/26/15, 05:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
I can't speak for the others ... but Steeda is well known for suspensions & we take pride in creating track / street capable parts. Our system is currently used on several cars that are on the different race circuits.

This kit is made from billet aluminum in our in house manufacturing facility and features anodized parts for long lasting protection against oxidation and roller bearings to make adjustments a snap. Fully adjustable with a wide range of spring rates available.

This an American Made part by an American company. Major Components of Steeda's Adjustable Suspenion System are manufactured under these rigorous manufacturing certifications: ISO/TS16949, QS-9000 & ISO 9001-2008.

PM if i can provide you with any answers or pricing!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 2/26/15, 07:00 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tj@steeda
I can't speak for the others ... but Steeda is well known for suspensions & we take pride in creating track / street capable parts. Our system is currently used on several cars that are on the different race circuits.

This kit is made from billet aluminum in our in house manufacturing facility and features anodized parts for long lasting protection against oxidation and roller bearings to make adjustments a snap. Fully adjustable with a wide range of spring rates available.

This an American Made part by an American company. Major Components of Steeda's Adjustable Suspenion System are manufactured under these rigorous manufacturing certifications: ISO/TS16949, QS-9000 & ISO 9001-2008.

PM if i can provide you with any answers or pricing!

Best Regards,

TJ
I've given it two shots now. What is the difference between the stage 1/2/3 coilover sets? I see where the stage 1 and 2 sets say street/track and the stage 3 says competition. Is the difference the spring rates?

Also, are there any other parts that would need to be purchased with any of these sets. I know things like panhard bar and such, but I mean just to put in the coilovers.
Old 2/27/15, 03:21 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm eyeballing the stage 3 Steeda units because of the ultimate adjustability with the QA1 shocks and camber plates. And, they are on sale right now.
Old 2/27/15, 06:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Im curious as well regarding the difference between the Steeda coiler kits, the website does not explain what the differences are and all three variations are the same price.
So how about it Steeda?
Old 2/27/15, 12:19 PM

I would also like to hear from Steeda about the differences in their 3 different cool overs.
Old 2/27/15, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Drmag,

Are you planning to compete in autocross or do a lot of track events? If not a double adjustable(Compression/Rebound) set up like Steeda's sells is probably not for you. To use it effectively takes a decent amount of time an effort spent on trying different setting, testing, changing, testing again until you find a good balance. Also double adjustable shocks built for performance driving usually do not deal well with rough roads and your typical DD situations.

I do find it odd that all the Steeda coil over options are double adjustable using the same QA-1 shock. Another red flag is the QA-1 shock, if your buying for the best performing shock you can get. There are plenty of better options for the same or a little more money.

If your looking for a coil over that will give good compromise between performance and comfort. I think you would find that a single or non adjustable set up with progressive spring rates would be the way to go.

A tried and true option in that set up is the KW Variant 1 or maybe the H&R Street coil overs...I don't know much about the shocks H&R uses but the springs are good and they are affordable.

If you want a high end very adjustable kick *** set up. Then check out Cortex Racing's or Kenny Brown offerings. Just keep in mind you will probably have to rebuild the shocks every 2-3yrs depending on usage.($250/shock avg.)
Old 2/27/15, 02:29 PM

I don't plan for any serious track usage. Mostly want improved handling and ability to adjust ride height. I want something simple to use and adjust.
Old 2/27/15, 02:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hello,

The difference in the packages are the spring rates.

I have asked my engineers to provide more insight if needed.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 2/27/15, 03:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

That explains why they are all the same price. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 2/27/15, 03:21 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

For track use you will need to test the different settings to get the car where you are the most comfortable.

That is the beauty about the double adjustable shock and strut you can cater it to your liking.

We can also recommend good starting points based on our experience. For street use we also have recommendations ... double adjustable may be overkill but generally coil over setups are for people going to use it for the track, even know they work just as well on the street.

As for the springs they are built to our specs and are tested thoroughly on a Mustang.

Other companies start out with something that worked on another car and build upon that.

Their R&D department have to work with all different kinds of models ... we can focus on just the Mustang.

At, Steeda we are engineers and are focused on one particular car when we design and test our products. Meaning all of our attention went into the product they are buying rather than multiple products spread across different makes and models.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 2/28/15, 05:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
For track use you will need to test the different settings to get the car where you are the most comfortable. That is the beauty about the double adjustable shock and strut you can cater it to your liking. We can also recommend good starting points based on our experience. For street use we also have recommendations ... double adjustable may be overkill but generally coil over setups are for people going to use it for the track, even know they work just as well on the street.
This is me.
Old 3/2/15, 01:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by drmag
I don't plan for any serious track usage. Mostly want improved handling and ability to adjust ride height. I want something simple to use and adjust.

Sounds like you would do well with KW variant 1. Height adjustable, never worry about your shocks and a good bump in handling performance. Tire Rack has them on sale right now.
Old 3/8/15, 01:00 PM
GT Member

Why coilovers? It is Koni sale time....If not doing track days then consider the Steeda Sport Springs with Koni's. Greet street combo.
If you are a track person then another option for coilovers is Ground Control.
Old 3/8/15, 02:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Are the steeda springs on sale too? And how long is this sale good til?
Old 3/9/15, 02:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by todcp
Why coilovers? It is Koni sale time....If not doing track days then consider the Steeda Sport Springs with Koni's. Greet street combo.
If you are a track person then another option for coilovers is Ground Control.

He wanted capability to adjust height.
Old 3/18/15, 07:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by RedGT12
Are the steeda springs on sale too? And how long is this sale good til?

Yes they are.

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang...em-555-8127-3/

Use the forum code and get another 10% off.
Old 3/18/15, 07:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
Yes they are. http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang...em-555-8127-3/ Use the forum code and get another 10% off.
It wouldn't let me double dip on the codes, but I have my shocks, struts, springs, panhard bar, and lca all on thee way!!
Old 3/19/15, 08:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hello,

Only one code works ... please email me at tim@steeda.com if I can assist with your order & see what parts you are looking to get!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 3/19/15, 08:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by drmag
I am looking for recommendations and experiences with coil over systems for my 2011 GT with Track pack. Interested in either the Eibach, SR performance, or Steeda but open to other ideas. Please share your experiences or suggestions. Thanks!
I looked into coilovers as ive always used them on all my performance cars. I found that the adjustible Koni yellows with choice of lowering springs to work great for me. I can swap springs if i want to go lower any time!