Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Have you heard of spohn performance? I need input!

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/15, 09:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Have you heard of spohn performance? I need input!

I just picked up a barley used spohn performance adjustable pan hard bar for $50!
It has the del sphere pivot joint on one end and Polly bushing on other.
Has any one heard of this company are they any good?
Here is a pic of one like mine, but mine is black.
If they make good products, I'm interested in there upper control arm.
Attached Thumbnails Have you heard of spohn performance? I need input!-image.jpg  
Old 2/2/15, 10:08 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Never heard/seen of this company. The solid metal on one end might add some unwanted NVH. Stock is rubber, most (good) adjustable PHBs use poly bushings.
Old 2/3/15, 07:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
Never heard/seen of this company. The solid metal on one end might add some unwanted NVH. Stock is rubber, most (good) adjustable PHBs use poly bushings.
I was worried about the noise to but this is what they say about it on there web site.

"The Spohn Performance Del-Sphere pivot joint solves the shortcomings of the factory rubber and aftermarket polyurethane bushings. Our Del-Sphere pivot joint incorporates a spherical ball which is surrounded by delrin bushing cups. This combination allows the panhard bar to articulate like a spherical rod end (28 degrees of available rotation) during cornering but the spherical ball does not allow the bushing to deflect. Therefore the panhard bar remains completely bind free like a spherical rod end during cornering for predictable traction in the corners. Think of the Del-Sphere pivot joint as a Delrin bushed spherical rod end. After over a year of R&D testing here at Spohn Performance on a streetable spherical joint the Del-Sphere pivot joint is the final result. Designed and manufactured exclusively by Spohn Performance, we have taken street suspension performance to the next level. Our Del-Sphere pivot joint features a one piece forged and heat treated chrome moly housing, a heat treated and chrome plated chrome moly spherical ball, Delrin bushing cups, heat treated retainer washer and snap ring, heat treated and chrome plated chrome moly threaded adjuster ring, an external grease fitting and a beautiful silver zinc plated housing finish. The Delrin bushing cups absorb shock and road noise so you get the quiet and smooth ride of a bushing as well as 28 degrees of rotation!"

I guess I will find out how it works once installed, I will keep everone updated!
Old 2/4/15, 07:38 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have heard of them. I know when I had my '02 Z28, they made suspension parts for it.
Old 2/4/15, 02:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's a pretty interesting design actually. I would be curious how that bushing would drive compared to a std. spherical bushing that other folks like Kenny brown use in their LCA
Old 2/4/15, 06:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
They have been around and make very good stuff. Father Son operated
Spohn Performance, Inc. is located in the scenic farm country of Lebanon County, Pennsylvania. The company is headed by the father-son team of Gordon and Steve Spohn. Our 27,000 square foot manufacturing facility is conveniently located on Rt. 422 in Myerstown, Pa.

Our goal is to construct quality high performance chassis and suspension components, and offer them to consumers at a fair price. Our entire operation revolves around that key word: Quality. We don't just say it, we practice it; all day, every day. When we do something, we do it right, or we don't do it! Our attention to detail is what has built our solid reputation and is the reason for our continued growth and success. We realize you have many choices and sincerely appreciate your consideration of Spohn products.

Since 1999 we have committed our efforts to the design and manufacture of chassis, suspension and drivetrain systems that deliver the highest level of quality, performance and value. Our team of highly skilled craftsmen and fabricators take pride in their work. Click here to take a tour of our manufacturing facility.

- See more at: http://www.spohn.net/about/#sthash.4FuOS1VT.dpuf
Old 2/4/15, 09:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
They are an active sponsor on thirdgen.org. I believe they deal mostly in Camaro/Firebird parts, but I could be wrong with that. They have a very good reputation over there.
Old 2/5/15, 08:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by BadHabit2Break
I have heard of them. I know when I had my '02 Z28, they made suspension parts for it.
I know the G8 guys buy several of their parts.
Old 2/5/15, 10:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm finding that they make a lot of s197 suspension parts at a pretty good price!
I'm thinking about getting there upper control arm, and pairing it with a BMR UCA mount!
Old 3/19/15, 07:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just wanted to give a update, after installing the PHB, along with a pile of other parts, there is almost no additional NVH in the vehicle!
I would recommend this part to any one, very easy to adjust on car as well!